HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

High School goalie trolls his own team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
  #176
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Kids are mistreated in every level of hockey, every season. The kid is a loser for acting out on his frustrations in this way.

Don't like how you're being treated? Quit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Or people could not mistreat each other? What kind of stupid horsecrap is "if someone's making your life suck, quit"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
no its better to teach them to quit right?
As a sophomore I had a coach that wouldn't give me much ice time. I talked with him about getting more playing time and what I had to do to prove it to him. I told him if he would just give me a 3 game trial or something, I would show him. He wouldn't do it though, nothing. I worked my ass off in practice all season and organized trips with teammates to play rat hockey whenever we could. The next season I was with a different coach who liked me and thought I could be a key player. I played on the first line all season and led the team in goals. The next year, my senior year, the coach I had before that didn't like me moved up. I was set to be with him again. I showed up to the tryout early, talked to him about the season I just had, he said my coach had talked with him about me too. I told him that I did everything I could to prove myself to him and asked if how he would be using me the next season. He said the same way he did before, minimal ice time on the bottom line all year. I told him to go **** himself, he was an immature moron who didn't know **** about hockey or what it took to win, took off my gear, told the president of the team I quit and went home. Absolutely no regrets. I was a good teammate all year when I wasn't playing as much, worked hard to get better and prove myself to that ******* and he looked me right in the eye and said it didn't mean **** to him. He just didn't like me and I don't know why, couldn't have been more respectful to the mother****er. As the old hockey saying goes, "What can you do" What you don't do is complain and make embarrass your teammates. Some coaches are just idiots though.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:54 PM
  #177
McPuritania
5-14-6-1
 
McPuritania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,481
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stish View Post
2 more goals and he's tied with Eberle.
One more goal, and he can tie Phil Kessel. We can do this all day, but I'd advise against it, it's petty.

McPuritania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:14 PM
  #178
BB624
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boston Ma-Roslindale
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcool21 View Post
First of all, it's high school hockey, so it isn't really that competitive (being the last game of the season, it may have been even more meaningless).
I don't know about other States but here in Massachusetts High School hockey is very competitive.

BB624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:22 PM
  #179
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
How do you know it wasn't some of his teammates who gave him this idea. Reports are half the team is on his side.
Doesn't make it right. It just means there are more whine-***** on the team.

There are plenty of ways to protest. This was a disgrace.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:25 PM
  #180
mnhowitzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
10 day suspension from school. @rider_600 Gol darnit up to 375 followers, I need to streak a field or something.

mnhowitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:25 PM
  #181
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
As a sophomore I had a coach that wouldn't give me much ice time. I talked with him about getting more playing time and what I had to do to prove it to him. I told him if he would just give me a 3 game trial or something, I would show him. He wouldn't do it though, nothing. I worked my ass off in practice all season and organized trips with teammates to play rat hockey whenever we could. The next season I was with a different coach who liked me and thought I could be a key player. I played on the first line all season and led the team in goals. The next year, my senior year, the coach I had before that didn't like me moved up. I was set to be with him again. I showed up to the tryout early, talked to him about the season I just had, he said my coach had talked with him about me too. I told him that I did everything I could to prove myself to him and asked if how he would be using me the next season. He said the same way he did before, minimal ice time on the bottom line all year. I told him to go **** himself, he was an immature moron who didn't know **** about hockey or what it took to win, took off my gear, told the president of the team I quit and went home. Absolutely no regrets. I was a good teammate all year when I wasn't playing as much, worked hard to get better and prove myself to that ******* and he looked me right in the eye and said it didn't mean **** to him. He just didn't like me and I don't know why, couldn't have been more respectful to the mother****er. As the old hockey saying goes, "What can you do" What you don't do is complain and make embarrass your teammates. Some coaches are just idiots though.
Maybe the coach knew you were a quitter.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:33 PM
  #182
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Maybe the coach knew you were a quitter.
Two years of keeping my mouth shut and working my ass off while proving myself in year two with a different HC was all I needed to prove. He said it wouldn't change anything in his eyes, better shape, better skill, tons of ice time and tons of production meant nothing? Yeah, like I'm going to play for that guy again and be a g4th liner after handling it like a man for a whole season under him before. What would have been the point of that? It's not like the teams I was on were any good, either, around .500, best one was honestly the one I was the leader of. But whatever, it was the only time I quit anything in my life and the point of my post was to show that sometimes quitting is the best option. You can't win with some people and also, some people are morons. When your hockey coach doesn't know enough about hockey to make the right moves, you can't do **** for him. You either fall in line (again) or remove yourself from the situation.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:34 PM
  #183
TheSituation
Registered User
 
TheSituation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhowitzer View Post
10 day suspension from school. @rider_600 Gol darnit up to 375 followers, I need to streak a field or something.
That's pretty damn ridiculous.

TheSituation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:41 PM
  #184
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,509
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
As a sophomore I had a coach that wouldn't give me much ice time. I talked with him about getting more playing time and what I had to do to prove it to him. I told him if he would just give me a 3 game trial or something, I would show him. He wouldn't do it though, nothing. I worked my ass off in practice all season and organized trips with teammates to play rat hockey whenever we could. The next season I was with a different coach who liked me and thought I could be a key player. I played on the first line all season and led the team in goals. The next year, my senior year, the coach I had before that didn't like me moved up. I was set to be with him again. I showed up to the tryout early, talked to him about the season I just had, he said my coach had talked with him about me too. I told him that I did everything I could to prove myself to him and asked if how he would be using me the next season. He said the same way he did before, minimal ice time on the bottom line all year. I told him to go **** himself, he was an immature moron who didn't know **** about hockey or what it took to win, took off my gear, told the president of the team I quit and went home. Absolutely no regrets. I was a good teammate all year when I wasn't playing as much, worked hard to get better and prove myself to that ******* and he looked me right in the eye and said it didn't mean **** to him. He just didn't like me and I don't know why, couldn't have been more respectful to the mother****er. As the old hockey saying goes, "What can you do" What you don't do is complain and make embarrass your teammates. Some coaches are just idiots though.
The discussion was around his teammates bullying him. If his teammates are *******s, that's a little different from a coach not giving you a chance.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:42 PM
  #185
Greeneye
Registered User
 
Greeneye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NoVA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,336
vCash: 500
asdf


Last edited by Greeneye: 02-13-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: wtf`
Greeneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:45 PM
  #186
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
No, it's not. This is the hockey equivalent of fragging your bunker.

There are some lines you don't cross, this is one of them. The guy completely screwed his teammates on their senior night. You think they'll ever forget that?
Well, I work with kids, and some of them have problems that go beyond the catch-all "he's a loser".

I know it is easier to look at things in black and white, but that's not realistic when you are talking about people.

I am not saying what he did was okay. I am saying what caused it might go beyond what we can tell from a short YT video. I like to think people are deeper than that.

fly4apuckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 02:45 PM
  #187
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,509
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
So if you are mistreated, you should mistreat others and make a fool of yourself like this kid did? Hope thats not what you teach your kids.
If someone is mistreating you they tend to deserve what they end up receiving in return. I'm not saying what this kid did was the right thing to do, but just quitting and allowing the hypothetical disfunction to continue isn't the best course of action, either.

Edit: Just to add: I hadn't read anything regarding this being over icetime. The discussion I was involved in was regarding hypothetical bullying.


Last edited by SmellOfVictory: 02-13-2013 at 02:51 PM.
SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
  #188
SilverSeven
Registered User
 
SilverSeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,310
vCash: 500
Reddit:

UPDATE: Krause is suspended out of school for 10 days. The video poster is currently in In School Suspension for an undisclosed amount of time. Will keep updating.

------------

Suspending for uploading the video? Yikes....

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
  #189
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Two years of keeping my mouth shut and working my ass off while proving myself in year two with a different HC was all I needed to prove. He said it wouldn't change anything in his eyes, better shape, better skill, tons of ice time and tons of production meant nothing? Yeah, like I'm going to play for that guy again and be a g4th liner after handling it like a man for a whole season under him before. What would have been the point of that? It's not like the teams I was on were any good, either, around .500, best one was honestly the one I was the leader of. But whatever, it was the only time I quit anything in my life and the point of my post was to show that sometimes quitting is the best option. You can't win with some people and also, some people are morons. When your hockey coach doesn't know enough about hockey to make the right moves, you can't do **** for him. You either fall in line (again) or remove yourself from the situation.
Anyone that has played competitive sports goes through these seasons. It happens.

I liked the game enough so I continued to play. Whether that mean being on the 4th line, not in the lineup or on the first line.
Face it, you quit on yourself and on your teammate. The coach didnt give a crap. It's not like you 'stuck it to him' like you are trying to make it out to be in your post.

Fact is, this kid was getting outplayed by the other goalie and threw a temper tantrum.

No one who loves this sport should be defending this kid in any way. If it was such an issue, he should have walked off the team as you did. Not pull this stunt.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
  #190
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
What a loser. I hope his teammates/classmates beat the **** out of him in the parking lot.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:10 PM
  #191
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Anyone that has played competitive sports goes through these seasons. It happens.

I liked the game enough so I continued to play. Whether that mean being on the 4th line, not in the lineup or on the first line.
Face it, you quit on yourself and on your teammate. The coach didnt give a crap. It's not like you 'stuck it to him' like you are trying to make it out to be in your post.

Fact is, this kid was getting outplayed by the other goalie and threw a temper tantrum.

No one who loves this sport should be defending this kid in any way. If it was such an issue, he should have walked off the team as you did. Not pull this stunt.
Absolutely agreed on this kid. That's why I looked up and posted the stats. No excuses. As far as my situation goes, I loved the game too much not to quit. I had a lot more fun playing men's league than I would have had with that team as a senior. If this kid knew he would have a miserable season (and there is no reason he should have felt that, he played a ton, more than anyone else), then he should have just joined another league instead of playing his senior year and crying at the end.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:14 PM
  #192
UnderratedBrooks44
Registered User
 
UnderratedBrooks44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Miranda's house
Posts: 14,368
vCash: 500
This kid is an idiot. If you want to quit that's your business. Hell even whine to the coach in private and have you parents verbally assault him. It's better than doing what he did.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:15 PM
  #193
illpucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9,124
vCash: 500
This video has been removed by the user....

illpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:18 PM
  #194
BuckyDornster
Speed kills, Del.
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cumberland
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,342
vCash: 2000
This sounds like something Lisa Simpson would do!
So epic!

BuckyDornster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:23 PM
  #195
Huddy*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Classy way to go out when you know you wont amount to much more after the season...

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
  #196
Huddy*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
As a sophomore I had a coach that wouldn't give me much ice time. I talked with him about getting more playing time and what I had to do to prove it to him. I told him if he would just give me a 3 game trial or something, I would show him. He wouldn't do it though, nothing. I worked my ass off in practice all season and organized trips with teammates to play rat hockey whenever we could. The next season I was with a different coach who liked me and thought I could be a key player. I played on the first line all season and led the team in goals. The next year, my senior year, the coach I had before that didn't like me moved up. I was set to be with him again. I showed up to the tryout early, talked to him about the season I just had, he said my coach had talked with him about me too. I told him that I did everything I could to prove myself to him and asked if how he would be using me the next season. He said the same way he did before, minimal ice time on the bottom line all year. I told him to go **** himself, he was an immature moron who didn't know **** about hockey or what it took to win, took off my gear, told the president of the team I quit and went home. Absolutely no regrets. I was a good teammate all year when I wasn't playing as much, worked hard to get better and prove myself to that ******* and he looked me right in the eye and said it didn't mean **** to him. He just didn't like me and I don't know why, couldn't have been more respectful to the mother****er. As the old hockey saying goes, "What can you do" What you don't do is complain and make embarrass your teammates. Some coaches are just idiots though.
Was his son on the team?

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:29 PM
  #197
boots electric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 50
ITT: dinosaur sports culture

boots electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:33 PM
  #198
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,473
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddy View Post
Was his son on the team?
No, he thought he was the next Scotty Bowman or something. He was from Canada. I don't know how the hell he ended up with my school but he was just a mid to late 30's never was who thought he knew everything about the game and treating our team like the NHL even though we didn't win **** with his tactics. He used to talk about how he wanted to work his way up the coaching ranks and start coaching juniors in Canada. I just googled his name, absolutely nothing came back and I found that kids high school stats in a couple minutes so just goes to show you people that think they know everything usually don't know a damn thing.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:57 PM
  #199
mnhowitzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Allegedly the old man of this goalie has been kicked out of the association for berating his daughter's 10 year old coaches. So...good luck in life kid.

mnhowitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 03:59 PM
  #200
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Suspending for uploading the video? Yikes....
Land of the Free, baby, land of the free...

  Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.