Notices

2003-4 Year of the Zamuner???

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Magnus Fulgur

vCash: 500
2003-4 Year of the Zamuner???

Everyone says that Zams has worked out well over the summer, and that he may be in the best shape of his life. Also, he did some great charity work with the Innuit peoples (I hope I phrased that right, sorry if I didn't) in Northern Canada, and now Zinojvev had this to say at bostonbruins.com:

"Guys like Marty Lapointe, Rob Zamuner, and P.J. Stock, they have come over and helped me out," said Zinovjev. "They've really showed their support, so everything is working fine."

Zamuner helping out Zino? Zams paired with team "leaders" PJ and Marty? I guess Z's have to look out for each other. That's great news.

BTW, if Lapointe is as refreshed as Zams is we should be in good shape.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:27 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Zams

Well, I guess Lapointe won't be as refreshed as Zams

So, no one is juiced up about Zams being back this year? He has a lot to offer this team, and should be this year's "Knuble Surprise" if he stays healthy. There is a good article in today's Herald: http://www2.bostonherald.com/sport/b...bs09252003.htm
which mentions that Zams blew up at Ftorek, and that's why he rode extra pine last year.

So, the list of players that probably had a beef with Ftorek should be:
Zamuner
Berard
Girard
Boynton
Lapointe - Ftorek wouldn't even speak to him when Lapointe wanted to return from injury. Robbie called Lapointe a "second coach" and that might have been a problem.
Brown
OD - very vocal about guys not being happy, while still taking the high road
Rolston - also very vocal about things being out of control
yeah...that's only a small fraction of the team. Whatever, it's all water under the bridge.

Old
09-25-2003, 07:51 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
I've always liked Zamuner, and thought he was a great pick up. I would love to see him get the chance to contribute this year should he stay healthy.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:00 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
IF healthy, Zamuner is easily one of our top 12 forwards.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:15 AM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
Well, I guess Lapointe won't be as refreshed as Zams

So, no one is juiced up about Zams being back this year? He has a lot to offer this team, and should be this year's "Knuble Surprise" if he stays healthy. There is a good article in today's Herald: http://www2.bostonherald.com/sport/b...bs09252003.htm
which mentions that Zams blew up at Ftorek, and that's why he rode extra pine last year.

So, the list of players that probably had a beef with Ftorek should be:
Zamuner
Berard
Girard
Boynton
Lapointe - Ftorek wouldn't even speak to him when Lapointe wanted to return from injury. Robbie called Lapointe a "second coach" and that might have been a problem.
Brown
OD - very vocal about guys not being happy, while still taking the high road
Rolston - also very vocal about things being out of control
yeah...that's only a small fraction of the team. Whatever, it's all water under the bridge.
That's pretty much the whole team that had their fill of the yellow sweatered one. Robbie must of gone out of his way to alienate everyone. This was not one of Oc's better decisions.

Thankfully that era is over.

Old
09-25-2003, 09:28 AM
BMRBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
IF healthy, Zamuner is easily one of our top 12 forwards.
I agree 100%. He has the worst luck as far as health is concerned

Old
09-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Bostonfreak

last year Zam had shimed in amny games, but others he sucked, this man eb the year he becomes the player we all no he can

Old
09-25-2003, 09:43 AM
prdbsfan

I think Zam is a good hockey player and can really help contribute to this team. I had him on the second line with Sammy and Rolston, call me crazy but I would like to see what that line can do. They are all pretty speedy. You gotta problem with that line punk? Huh? Do ya???

Old
09-25-2003, 11:39 AM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Funny, but with the way the center depth is wide open, I was thinking about Zam. Then with the article in the Herald, it seemed like a possibility that he would get an important role with the team. But where? He has the leadership, defensive acumen and 2-way play to be valuable, it's just that it seemed the B's are already too stacked at wing.

So why not the #3 center? It's been talked about before, and he's as good as anyone else. As long as he could win close to 50% of his draws and make the most of his opportunity, I could live with it. The guy obviously has heart, he can skate well enough to effectively cover his man, and he's big enough to be able to handle most of the larger players.

It's kinda like a least worst option. I'm not sold on Hilbert, and Zino has to prove in short order that he not only is the man, but that he can adapt to N. American hockey and play well at both ends of the ice. Not sure if it's fair to ask he make that step all at once, and regardless, I think the odds are against it will happen.

All I care about is the bigger picture. If the B's are able to build an effective line around Rolston as the #2 center -- and a capable 2-way third line around Zamuner, then I would be fine with it. The key for me is the players jive with eachother, the lines fit into the gameplan and they can execute effectively.

Old
09-25-2003, 11:44 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker
Funny, but with the way the center depth is wide open, I was thinking about Zam. Then with the article in the Herald, it seemed like a possibility that he would get an important role with the team. But where? He has the leadership, defensive acumen and 2-way play to be valuable, it's just that it seemed the B's are already too stacked at wing.

So why not the #3 center? It's been talked about before, and he's as good as anyone else. As long as he could win close to 50% of his draws and make the most of his opportunity, I could live with it. The guy obviously has heart, he can skate well enough to effectively cover his man, and he's big enough to be able to handle most of the larger players.

It's kinda like a least worst option. I'm not sold on Hilbert, and Zino has to prove in short order that he not only is the man, but that he can adapt to N. American hockey and play well at both ends of the ice. Not sure if it's fair to ask he make that step all at once, and regardless, I think the odds are against it will happen.

All I care about is the bigger picture. If the B's are able to build an effective line around Rolston as the #2 center -- and a capable 2-way third line around Zamuner, then I would be fine with it. The key for me is the players jive with eachother, the lines fit into the gameplan and they can execute effectively.
The only problem with Zamuner is that he isnt a very good faceoff guy. He is better suited to the wing, but I am sure he could fill in that void for a while. I am not a huge faceoff person unless the draw is in your own zone anyway, so it may not be a big deal. He is good enough at both ends to fit that role as you said.

Old
09-25-2003, 11:50 AM
mmmBeer

If Zam can play third line center, maybe Zin[o/a] or Hilbert could center Samsonov and Rolston (or some other combo). That could give the Bruins 3 good lines.

I guess we'll see. I'm not ready to give up hope for a youngster to earn a center spot. If we go solely by the preseason games so far almost no one deserves a roster spot. Zin[o/a] and Hilbert have been behind the 8-ball to begin with as well. Hopefully one of them steps up.

Old
09-25-2003, 12:02 PM
sagginb

I thought the few times Zamuner was used at center last season he look out-of-sorts.
I just don't see him all the good at center.
An interesting place to maybe try him might be with Thornton and Murray for a game or 2 on his natural LW spot.
The B's lack center depth so...no real/legit lines can be tried all that often.
It just piece together what youn can with guys like Grosek/Stock and whatever at center.
I just can't believe that Sully can be that happy with him being a center himself he knows how important the position is!

I hold out hope that maybe...maybe thie Bergeron and/or Zinovjev can add much needed depth in the middle.
The problem is the team should not be setup to "need" these guy to "work out".
MOC should have picked up a center at some point...the need was very clear!

Old
09-25-2003, 12:59 PM
usmhuskies

Send a message via AIM to usmhuskies Send a message via Yahoo to usmhuskies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonfreak
last year Zam had shimed in amny games, but others he sucked, this man eb the year he becomes the player we all no he can

I diagree: Zamuner played well in the few games he was healthy...

Closed Thread