HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A thread for support

Old
02-14-2013, 02:17 AM
Rodrigo
AKA Jose

vCash: 500
A thread for support

Hi Sens fans, most of yous don't know me but I am a relatively new Senators fan and I am writing this post because I as well am very upset and want to offer my dear sympathy as a Senators fan and due to all of the acrimony! So here is what I have to say

From an overall standpoint this is devastating and frustrating news for all of us Senators. And I have to say this. I ain't even that mad. Not at all, I knew this was going to be a rebuilding season. I did, I thought maybe if everything went well then we could challenge for the second round of the playoffs. But hockey is hockey, injuries happen, this is life, everything in life happens, life isn't a perfect path of joy, there is adversity and major obstacles we face. Clearly this is one of them and I fractured my foot once when I was nine and if the tire rolled over my leg I could of lost it. Thank goodness it didn't. So injuries in life happen and the driver didn't mean to hit me.

None of us wanted any of this to materialize. I most certainly didn't. I was excited about this season for sure when it came back and I knew we had great potential. We also had alot of exciting prospects and optimism due to last seasons surprising success. But this injury makes our future even brighter now from my perspective. Think about it, what another high draft pick could do to this team in the long run, and honestly I still feel as if we need another legit prospect, why that is I don't know but i feel we do and I hope its a forward.

I hope Bryan Murray hasn't forgotten about the rebuild. If we acquired Nash I would of been Irate! Nash alone wouldn't of made this team any better and I am glad he turned us down. Look at how the Rangers are playing now. Think of how beneficial in the long run Aleksander Barkov, Elias Lindholm, or a Sean Monahan would look to go along with our already impressive group of prospects, and who knows maybe even we finish bottom 3 and have a chance at Drouin or Mackinnon.

Rebuilding and losing sucks but Guess what Senators fans, this will be the last season of pain for a very long time. Alot of the framework of this team is done. We have a great coaching staff, maybe the best scouting department in the NHL, think of how exciting the future is. Next year Wierchoich, Silf and Zibanejad all have at least half a season of NHL Experience plus a full year in NA and Flourish. Cowen and Karlsson will both be back healthy and will vigor and consolidate our defense greatly and Cowen evolves into an elite NHL defenseman. Ceci might make it but unlikely but has a phenomenal future, Lehner will be here for sure and will be playing, we might even see him earlier then expected. Lets not forget Spezza will be back and will be our franchisee and elite player he is now. Turris will evolve another level etc. And we will still have a very deep system.

And with a potential top pick now, the future for this franchisee is brighter than ever and we have potential to be formidable for years to come and I am excited about it. I really am, so hang in there Sens fans, this season really might be painful but it is a 3 year rebuild and next year the rebuild will be in the completion phase and and will be ready for refinement.

I am not being optimistic. I believe in this team and will stand by them the rest of my life, cheer for no other team. One more year of pain is just fine with me cause the glory years are about to begin!

Rodrigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:22 AM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Im mad.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:06 AM
Derian Hatcher

vCash: 500
I am not even mad at Cooke, I am just so frustrated. Karlsson's vision and passing were excellent but it was his skating that made him the best D in the league. I doubt he will come back the same, but I hope for the senators sake he does.

Derian Hatcher is offline   Reply With Quote