HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unchainedshot. The Epic Ragequit

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Best in the World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
The thread title sounds like a real personal medical problem

At first I thought the title said "My sack is slipping".

Old
02-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

vCash: 50
Honestly, if they go in rebuild mode I have to delete my account on here, but just like crack you can't just quit so I'd be right back anyway.
It's horrible right now, imagine how bad it is if you have young kids gimping around for 2-3seasons?

jebus

Old
02-24-2013, 11:45 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
Honestly, if they go in rebuild mode I have to delete my account on here, but just like crack you can't just quit so I'd be right back anyway.
It's horrible right now, imagine how bad it is if you have young kids gimping around for 2-3seasons?

jebus
That sounds an awful lot like hockey talk..........

Old
02-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbtide198 View Post
Get the kid a LeapPad.
Avoid those products like the plague. Terrible service record -- I know from personal experience.

02-24-2013, 12:13 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Avoid those products like the plague. Terrible service record -- I know from personal experience.
Might as well head straight to the landfill after you buy it, IMO.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Blt on an asiago jalapeño bagel... Sounded good when I ordered it and it has beat my expectations. This is amazing.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Daz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
Blt on an asiago jalapeño bagel... Sounded good when I ordered it and it has beat my expectations. This is amazing.
Asiago on just about anything is awesome. ALWAYS use it on your caesar salads along with parm/romano blend. Also very good in your pasta/garlic dishes.

May I ask where you got the bagel?

Old
02-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz28 View Post
Asiago on just about anything is awesome. ALWAYS use it on your caesar salads along with parm/romano blend. Also very good in your pasta/garlic dishes.

May I ask where you got the bagel?
The Coffee Culture next next to my work.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

Watching The Departed when it's censored on TV is beyond pointless.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:51 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Watching The Departed when it's censored on TV is beyond pointless.
Is Scarface on next?

Old
02-25-2013, 08:29 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
I hate when they'd put movies on television and have every other word bleeped out. Just don't play the movie then

Old
02-25-2013, 09:00 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Anybody have experience working with recruiters? They get paid by companies when they get you a job, correct? Got an email this morning from a guy from Teksystems.com who says he deals mostly with staffing for government agencies and wanted me to give him a call.

Last edited by HockeyH3aven: 02-25-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old
02-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Whammer

vCash: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Anybody have experience working with recruiters? The get paid by companies when they get you a job, correct? Got an email this morning from a guy from Teksystems.com who says he deals mostly with staffing for government agencies and wanted me to give him a call.
I have recently and you are correct. Some get paid during your employment period if it is contract work.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:03 AM
Clock

Quote:
Anybody have experience working with recruiters? The get paid by companies when they get you a job, correct? Got an email this morning from a guy from Teksystems.com who says he deals mostly with staffing for government agencies and wanted me to give him a call.
Yeah. There's nothing generally wrong with them outside of the knowledge that if they hire you and place you, they get a cut of your hourly pay as a fee for "finding" you, so you get the knowledge that for as long as you're there they're getting a piece of your potential.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:05 AM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Just give him your name, address, SSN, bank account info, and whether you like to be tickled, whipped, or covered in chocolate syrup and whip cream, and let him take things from there. I promise your life will change. For the better.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Yeah. There's nothing generally wrong with them outside of the knowledge that if they hire you and place you, they get a cut of your hourly pay as a fee for "finding" you, so you get the knowledge that for as long as you're there they're getting a piece of your potential.
It depends on the level of the job and how the target company pays those out and what recruiting or head hunters that they work with.

Temp / contract jobs typically get a cut of the hourly rate.

Executive or management positions usually get a flat compensation amount that doesn't affect your salary.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Afino
The Juice

I did the recruiting thing last summer. They did get me a couple interviews, but I think even they've given up on me. I've heard nothing since the holidays. Maybe I should call them again and say I'm still looking.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:25 AM
TehDoak
Goin Streakin

vCash: 903
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Anybody have experience working with recruiters? They get paid by companies when they get you a job, correct? Got an email this morning from a guy from Teksystems.com who says he deals mostly with staffing for government agencies and wanted me to give him a call.
Honestly, my experience from recruiters is this:

They call you about an exciting job. Great pay, etc. When you come in, "Oh sorry, that job has been filled. We'd still like to talk with you and get your info"

You meet with them for an interview, they write your info down, and they add you to their stockpile. The great job they baited you was either already filled at the time or never even existed. Either way, the interview is pretty much to make sure you can dress professionally and won't embarrass them if you go to meet their client. Assuming you pass the 'Not socially ********" test, you get added to their "Pool"

Now, to be fair, I DID get my first job via a Recruiter. However, 95%+ Jobs filled by recruiters are temp/disposable jobs. A big project they need to hire alot of people for. Your run of the mill tech recruiter, however, is simply farming up resumes so when a client comes in and needs 30 people to staff a call center for 6 months, they can get a stack of pre-screened people to get it quick. My first job was contract to hire at a call center. Not a bad entry level job...but not great either.

Maybe being in Chicago and have had my time wasted by more than a few tech recruiters has made me jaded about the whole industry. Just be wary that they aren't looking out for your best interests, but trying to help a client and only need you to take a piece of your pie.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:34 AM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

I hate being sick.

I stayed home on Friday with aches, pains, and no energy.

I'm at work today. But, I have this general lightheaded feeling going on....

Old
02-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Best in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
I hate being sick.

I stayed home on Friday with aches, pains, and no energy.

I'm at work today. But, I have this general lightheaded feeling going on....

I know how you feel. I've always had anxiety issues which lead to pains in my chest, lightheadedness and the feeling that I'm having a heart attack. Lucky for you, you're just sick and it'll pass.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:59 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Honestly, my experience from recruiters is this:

They call you about an exciting job. Great pay, etc. When you come in, "Oh sorry, that job has been filled. We'd still like to talk with you and get your info"

You meet with them for an interview, they write your info down, and they add you to their stockpile. The great job they baited you was either already filled at the time or never even existed. Either way, the interview is pretty much to make sure you can dress professionally and won't embarrass them if you go to meet their client. Assuming you pass the 'Not socially ********" test, you get added to their "Pool"

Now, to be fair, I DID get my first job via a Recruiter. However, 95%+ Jobs filled by recruiters are temp/disposable jobs. A big project they need to hire alot of people for. Your run of the mill tech recruiter, however, is simply farming up resumes so when a client comes in and needs 30 people to staff a call center for 6 months, they can get a stack of pre-screened people to get it quick. My first job was contract to hire at a call center. Not a bad entry level job...but not great either.

Maybe being in Chicago and have had my time wasted by more than a few tech recruiters has made me jaded about the whole industry. Just be wary that they aren't looking out for your best interests, but trying to help a client and only need you to take a piece of your pie.
What was the purpose of the call center? What did you do?

Old
02-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

I've been placed in 2 jobs by recruiters. Both of them called me for specific jobs, I interviewed for both and was hired for both, including my current one. I've probably been on 4-5 interviews for specific jobs I've been contacted about.

I've worked a lot with recruiters, including Tek. I wasn't all that impressed with Tek, but they didn't contact me for anything specific. They just contacted me to see where I was career wise and to see if there'd be a fit in the future. Those kinds of meetings are nice if you're in a new city or something like that, but for the most part they're wasted if you're looking for something new quickly.

Edit: Also, be aware that you don't ever want to sign up with a recruitment company to be "on file" with them. Tell them you're interested in hearing about opportunities, but don't sign up for anything with them. The reason for this is that recruitment companies often won't compete with each other. That means if you sign up with someone like Tek and AP Professionals contacts you about a job, AP will drop you from contention if they find out you're working with Tek.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:21 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
I used a recruiter to get my job ~7 years ago, as did my wife.

She also used TEKsystems specifically for her 2 most recent positions. But I believe the girl she worked with came to her with specific positions. My wife liked her. I believe her name is Meagan.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:30 AM
TehDoak
Goin Streakin

vCash: 903
Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
What was the purpose of the call center? What did you do?
It was Software Support for Recycling Yard Management systems. I wasn't a big fan of the company, but, at the time and experience level it was good for me.

Old
02-25-2013, 10:36 AM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best in the World View Post
I know how you feel. I've always had anxiety issues which lead to pains in my chest, lightheadedness and the feeling that I'm having a heart attack. Lucky for you, you're just sick and it'll pass.
I sat down and ate my big salad with salmon and I feel a lot better....

<knock on wood>

I hope I continue to feel good.

Closed Thread