HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-Tor

Old
02-13-2013, 11:59 AM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by philadelphiakessel81 View Post
Just throwing it out there and will probably get ***** by everyone including leaf fans because we over vaule our prospects:

To Toronto:
Ryan O'Reilly

To Colorado:
Tyler Bozak
Morgan Rielly

Why this make sense for both squads:
COL: Bozak is a perfect third line centre with an offensive upside plus adds to their Defense with an offensive defensive prospect.

TOR: Toronto gets a first line centre to play on the top line with Kessel and Toronto's defense is deep so Morgan Rielly is a moveable asset.

Please dont murder me hahaha
Rielly projects to be > ROR. This is really terrible. You don't trade a kid like Rielly and his upside.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:59 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
drop Reilly and it's closer to fair value
Stop ... bozak is an underachiever and is a UFA. Not close to fair value for Colorado. That is a joke.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:01 PM
birddog*

Quote:
In all fairness Colorado's asking price is a roster player and a top prospect, thats exactly what this offer is. Bozak is a 2nd-3rd liner and morgan rielly is an unproven draft pick still. Yes im very high on him too but there is still a big piece the Leafs are missing and thats a number one centre.... O'Reilly is young and can fill that need.
Thank God Nonis does not read HF.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

No thanks from the Avs.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Hockey Crazy

Quote:
Just throwing it out there and will probably get ***** by everyone including leaf fans because we over vaule our prospects:

To Toronto:
Ryan O'Reilly

To Colorado:
Tyler Bozak
Morgan Rielly

Why this make sense for both squads:
COL: Bozak is a perfect third line centre with an offensive upside plus adds to their Defense with an offensive defensive prospect.

TOR: Toronto gets a first line centre to play on the top line with Kessel and Toronto's defense is deep so Morgan Rielly is a moveable asset.

Please dont murder me hahaha
Gigantic NO. I would sub Reilly for any D man we have except Phaneuf though.

Hockey Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Rielly projects to be > ROR. This is really terrible. You don't trade a kid like Rielly and his upside.
HAHAHAHA, Projects.....

What are the chances He actullay reaches that projection. AND even if he does, its not like ROR is already 27 years old and done developing. ROR still has the potential to be a 70 Point guy with Selke Defense at this point.

If both guys hit there potentials, ROR>>Rielly.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:05 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
HAHAHAHA, Projects.....

What are the chances He actullay reaches that projection. AND even if he does, its not like ROR is already 27 years old and done developing. ROR still has the potential to be a 70 Point guy with Selke Defense at this point.

HAHAHA, Projects....

Why don't you just trade away all your first round picks if you feel that way. What a useless post..

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:05 PM
socratic

Two weeks from now, if O'Reilly still hasn't been traded, and the Leafs are still around 4th in the East, would the Leafs consider Bozak and (Oh man, I don't even want to say it...) their first round pick for O'Reilly?

socratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
HAHAHA, Projects....

Why don't you just trade away all your first round picks if you feel that way. What a useless post..
This post makes no sense.... What does trading 1sts have to do with anything, at all?

What a useless post. Go back to Leaf fairy tale land.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:10 PM
The Beyonder

Quote:
No thanks from the Avs.
Then that's perfect, because I don't think Morgan Rielly's name would be in any of Nonis' proposals, let alone for ROR; who i think is great btw, but not for Rielly.

The Beyonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:13 PM
momo

Morgan Rielly projects to be the next Nicklas Lidstrom.

Leafs not going to trade a person with that kind of potential away for some greedy unproven scrub.

momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
HAHAHAHA, Projects.....

If Rielly reaches his potential he'll be better.

But this trade is basically Rielly for O'Reilly (Bozak is a UFA throw in to fill our center hole). Given that O'Reilly is immensely more proven his lower potential is made up for in my opinion. However, HF boards would never see it that way because Rielly is already slotted into the #1 role in Toronto for the next 15 years, scoring 60+ points a season.

He still has to become that guy and there's no assurances he will. Understandable if someone says, 'I'd rather roll the dice on Rielly becoming better, but it's not a bad offer' but it's hilarious when people say it's terrible without giving any logical reason why Rielly has more value at this time if you ignore the holdout factor.

No one has any idea how much Ryan's value will be affected by holding out. No one. So to argue he is docked value due to that is just as mindless as saying Rielly is already worth more than O'Reilly... or in your case saying if both reach their potentials ROR is better.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo View Post

Leafs not going to trade a person with that kind of potential away for some greedy unproven scrub.
Are you sure that his ceiling is limited to a Nicklas Lidstrom? I've heard others project him as another Bobby Orr.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
SoulAssassin

Phaneuf for ROR ?

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:26 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin View Post
Phaneuf for ROR ?
I hope not. Don't want Phaneuf unless something sweet comes with him to distract me.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:29 PM
sparxx87

Why would Toronto do this?

Rielly will hold significantly more value in the future. Don't sell stocks when they're down unless you're desperate, you wait for them to grow. The Leafs aren't desperate for an overvalued 2-3C.

ROR is a good player, but the Leafs are loaded with 2-3 centres. If they're going to move a guy like Rielly it would be for a potential #1.. Not to mention I'm not all that interested in a guy who wants 5m after one decent season. This guy can't be serious. A blind man could see that Duchene has more upside, and he took a lower bridge contract.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:30 PM
The Beyonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
I hope not. Don't want Phaneuf unless something sweet comes with him to distract me.
DONE!

The Beyonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo View Post

You've just reached a new level of overrating your prospects

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
getyourselfsomerest

Leafs pass. Gardiner is the best player I'd give up in a deal for RoR.

getyourselfsomerest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:38 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
You've just reached a new level of overrating your prospects
In fairness, Reilly has drawn comparisons to Karlsson. Who just won the Norris.

The point is, he's blue chip, and likely worth ROR alone in a trade, without even adding Bozak.

Now, factor that Bozak is playing very well this year as our #1C, it's absurd to suggest we'd trade our best prospect and current #1C for a Ryan O'Reilly.

Get a grip people.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:40 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
If Rielly reaches his potential he'll be better.

But this trade is basically Rielly for O'Reilly (Bozak is a UFA throw in to fill our center hole). Given that O'Reilly is immensely more proven his lower potential is made up for in my opinion. However, HF boards would never see it that way because Rielly is already slotted into the #1 role in Toronto for the next 15 years, scoring 60+ points a season.

He still has to become that guy and there's no assurances he will. Understandable if someone says, 'I'd rather roll the dice on Rielly becoming better, but it's not a bad offer' but it's hilarious when people say it's terrible without giving any logical reason why Rielly has more value at this time if you ignore the holdout factor.

No one has any idea how much Ryan's value will be affected by holding out. No one. So to argue he is docked value due to that is just as mindless as saying Rielly is already worth more than O'Reilly... or in your case saying if both reach their potentials ROR is better.
You can't ignore the hold out factor though. The fact that its been reported by multiple sources that he wants 5x5 is a huge deterrent.. He put up decent numbers playing inflated minutes because Duchene and Stastny weren't playing well.. Realistically he's a 2-3C who put up two years of 3C and one of mediocre 2C... Now he wants to be paid like Ryan Kesler?

He's trolling us, right?

If he was asking for or signed to a reasonable contract then it would be irrelevant, but he wants more then he's worth and that's enough to scare people away. Nobody wants to pay up and have him revert back to the numbers he put up in his first two years. Production vs cap hit is very important to cap teams, especially with the ceiling going down next year..

He needs to take a 1 or 2 year deal and prove he's a consistent 55 point player before anyone considers paying him 5m over 5 years.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:40 PM
bobbyt91*
plz quote cuz bored

Gardiner+2nd or Gardiner+1st if a 2nd comes with O'Reilly oh yea and thats on the condition that Nonis can talk to him before the trade and see if he will sign for less than 4 for 2 yrs.

bobbyt91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:44 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
Gardiner+2nd or Gardiner+1st if a 2nd comes with O'Reilly oh yea and thats on the condition that Nonis can talk to him before the trade and see if he will sign for less than 4 for 2 yrs.
I'm comfortable with this. Young forward for young D swap. Colorado needs mobility on their blue line and Gardiner certainly brings that.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Crisp Breakout

I think this is good value, no matter what your fellow leafs fans think. Personally there is not a chance I'd make the deal without the contract dispute.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
In fairness, Reilly has drawn comparisons to Karlsson. Who just won the Norris.

The point is, he's blue chip, and likely worth ROR alone in a trade, without even adding Bozak.

Now, factor that Bozak is playing very well this year as our #1C, it's absurd to suggest we'd trade our best prospect and current #1C for a Ryan O'Reilly.

Get a grip people.
In fairness, can you point me to a top-5 pick who isn't compared to a franchise player in their draft year?

Duchene = RNH = Seguin = Sakic, Yzerman
Erik Johnson = Pronger
Strome = Spezza

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote