HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-Tor

Old
02-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
You gotta be kidding, Bozak is basically a lite version of ROR, Rielly is #1 d-man potential.

Nonis pisses on this proposal and doesn't even shake to dry.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:36 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
It's stupid because it has no literal attachment to the word. What does #1 center mean? It means a top line center. There are 30 top lines in the league thus roughly 30 #1 centers. There is a group that is between #1 and #2 since it's difficult to draw a bright line through a certain group of talent.

What's hard to take seriously is you. You expect me to believe your assertion that he isn't a first line center because you've arbitrarily defined #1 center, and he doesn't meet your narrow definition that is based on almost no reference point at all. Seriously...
Where have you been?

No, it doesn't actually.. At least not by those around the hockey world.. Several teams don't have a number 1 centre, we hear it everyday through the media 'Leafs need a number 1 to play with Kessel'..

The notion that 30 teams = 30 number 1 centres in ridiculous.

Buffalo, Calgary, Colorado, CBJ, Edmonton, Florida, Montreal, Nashville, New Jersey, St Louis, Toronto and Winnipeg are all teams that I argue don't have a number 1.

Tyler Bozak isn't a number 1 centre by anyone's definition, although he plays on the first line.

Ryan O'Reilly isn't a number 1 centre by anyone's definition, although he may be the Avs best centre.

I have absolutely no interest in trying to have an intelligent discussion with someone who proclaims Ryan O'Reilly a number 1 centre. That's beyond ridiculous. Logical Avs fans have said it, and people in the hockey world have said it.. The Canadian media talks about it on a daily basis, and I agree with their assessment...

I'm sorry theres no hockey dictionary so that newbies such as yourself can learn this stuff, or I'd link you. You'll just have to take everyone in the hockey worlds word for it.

The exact definition of a number 1 centre can be argued, but Ryan O'Reilly, no matter the definition, isn't considered one.
2 articles;
http://theleafsnation.com/2012/6/6/l...s-number-one-c

This is a blog from an Avalanche reporter, it seems he shares my opinion..

Quote:
So, what is Ryan O'Reilly? He led the Avalanche in points last season (55) and filled the role of a top line center. Honestly, its a role he should probably never fill again. Matt Duchene and Paul Stastny both have higher offensive ceilings that O'Reilly and with few exceptions (Sup BOS and NASH?), a leading scorer with less than 60 points is not a recipe for playoff success
http://www.milehighhockey.com/2012/8...-the-avalanche

The more articles you find, the more people you'll find who say Ryan O'Reilly isn't a number 1 centre.

Last edited by sparxx87: 02-14-2013 at 12:54 PM.
sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Lebanese Leaf

A big HELLL NAW from Toronto. Morgan Rielly has done nothing but raise his stock since being taken 5th overall in 2012.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:52 PM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Ryan O'Reilly isn't a number 1 centre by anyone's definition, although he may be the Avs best centre.
He's neither of those things. "What have you done for me lately" and general lack of foresight is the only way you could even come close to either assessments, Avs fan or not.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:56 PM
TYayo

gezz If you Avs fans think hes worth Rielly and Bozak..just pay him the 5 mil a year he wants and keep him..

Keys to opposing teams fans making a Proposal about the Leafs
1. Has to be either a 1st Rounder or last years High Pick Prospect because they still have value as they haven't ruined it by putting a Leaf jersey on yet
2. Whoever is involved in the Proposal that is currently on the Leafs basically means they are a bust and we'll offer you 1/3 of their value..and thats still not even the overpayment we require

Go asks the Habs for Galchenyuk and Deharnais or Columbus for Dubinsky and Ryan Murray...see how you make out

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Zonk

Quote:
It's stupid because it has no literal attachment to the word. What does #1 center mean? It means a top line center. There are 30 top lines in the league thus roughly 30 #1 centers. There is a group that is between #1 and #2 since it's difficult to draw a bright line through a certain group of talent.

What's hard to take seriously is you. You expect me to believe your assertion that he isn't a first line center because you've arbitrarily defined #1 center, and he doesn't meet your narrow definition that is based on almost no reference point at all. Seriously...
Sorry, but I disagree with the suggestion that because there are 30 teams in the league there should be roughly 30 top line centres. Most hockey analysts will tell you that there are significantly fewer than 30 true number one centres. Teams like the Leafs and the Avs do not have any.

Zonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Sorry, but I disagree with the suggestion that because there are 30 teams in the league there should be roughly 30 top line centres. Most hockey analysts will tell you that there are significantly fewer than 30 true number one centres. Teams like the Leafs and the Avs do not have any.
Analysts shmanalysts... Here's an "analyst" that says ROR is a top 10 center in the league. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1215--nhl.html

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:34 PM
umwoz

Any player worth Morgan Rielly + is probably worth more than the $17M for 5 years they supposedly offered him.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Goulet17

I am trying to figure out how any pending UFA, such as Bozak or
Mcarthur have any perceived value to the Avs.

With Landeskog and Erik Johnson out indefinitely, the Avs are not competing for a playoff spot.

I just don't find it very intelligent to include Bozak or McArthur in any proposal with an idea that it adds any value to the Avs, either short term or long term.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:45 PM
The Big D

I wouldn't move Rielly for Duchene let alone along with Bozak for ROR. If Sherman wants Rielly, it's ROR + a 1st. Right now the overpayment would be needed from Colorado to get Morgan, not the leafs overpay to get ROR. Don't like it? Take your 2nd line hold out elsewhere. Or take a Gardiner for ROR even swap

The Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:48 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Analysts shmanalysts... Here's an "analyst" that says ROR is a top 10 center in the league. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1215--nhl.html
Getzlaf
Bergeron
Krejci
Toews
Benn
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Kopitar
M. Richards
Koivu
Tavares
B. Richards
Spezza
Giroux
Crosby
Malkin
Thornton
Stamkos
Sedin
Backstrom

There's 20 who are unquestionably better centreman.

The notion that Ryan O'Reilly and his career high 55 points is a number 1 centre? That's laughable. Are you refusing to concede here, or do you truly believe that?

Why don't I make a poll and we'll see how fans around the league view him?

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:54 PM
The Big D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Getzlaf
Bergeron
Krejci
Toews
Benn
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Kopitar
M. Richards
Koivu
Tavares
B. Richards
Spezza
Giroux
Crosby
Malkin
Thornton
Stamkos
Sedin
Backstrom

There's 20 who are unquestionably better centreman.

The notion that Ryan O'Reilly and his career high 55 points is a number 1 centre? That's laughable. Are you refusing to concede here, or do you truly believe that?

Why don't I make a poll and we'll see how fans around the league view him?
Don't forget his two teammates who both have a higher ceilings, better numbers in their careers, and aren't hold outs

The Big D is offline   Reply With Quote