HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Draft Juniors KHL 2013 in Donetsk

Old
05-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

vCash: 500
Chong Hyun Lee - dual citizenship - South Korea and Finland

Well, That is unusual, no?

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Sucro
Rhymesayers Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
Chong Hyun Lee - dual citizenship - South Korea and Finland

Well, That is unusual, no?
Are there any limits for foreigners to play in Finland? Perhaps he could get a citizenship just for traveling and other purposes.

Sucro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 09:02 AM
obskyr

I hope someone beats some professional ethics into that kid. He looked like he's a #1 RHL draft pick made by HC Tambov.

obskyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Atas2000

He's quite unhappy being chosen by Amur. Well, kids have to learn they are about to become professional athletes...

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Spy View Post
5 protection picks are too much
the draft is too much. why should we give our school's products away?

Old
05-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Atas2000

the way I see it for team's school's players you should draft for negotiating rights with the team. if you feel like you can negotiate a compensation the team would be willing to accept for losing a prospect then draft him. if you can settle it with the team within a month or two you get the player's rights, the other team gets the compensation. if you can't he remains with this team and you've blown your draft pick.

Old
05-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
I'm closely to this. But We got just one team without own school, so...

Jeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Russian Spy

Quote:
I see your pain mate, as i've noticed you're from Kazan

but

what about guys like Zaytsev and Slepyshev? would they get their chances without draft to me they looks like a KHL draft products, do you remember both were drafted from their respective schools and became regular KHLers at the very young age both amazing talents i would say and they had their chance with Sibir and Novokuznetsk now Zaytsev got his big paycheque in CSKA and Slepyshev looked not lost at all on Salavat's roster

Russian Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:08 PM
obskyr

Quote:
To give them a chance to play? (the same issue all over again, see previous posts/threads)

Just for a second, Ak Bars traded out and protected 11(!) 1st round homegrown picks. Do they expect most of those guys to play in Neftyanik Almetyevsk? MHL-B maybe? And what's with this kind of an attitude towards the whole event? Do they realize how embarassing it is for the league? It's like the crappy Tatneft Arena lighting and poor marketing weren't enough.

The only serious issue I see in this topic is the size of the compensation for clubs.

obskyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Vicente

Instead of an at times hilarious draft they just could let young kids play on loan for a weaker KHL team?! Or for the VHL farmteam of another organization? I mean is it really good if you "steal" young players from their home town teams?

Or most cases I am sure could be handled with normal trades, not a draft.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:14 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by obskyr View Post
To give them a chance to play? (the same issue all over again, see previous posts/threads)

Just for a second, Ak Bars traded out and protected 11(!) 1st round homegrown picks. Do they expect most of those guys to play in Neftyanik Almetyevsk? MHL-B maybe? And what's with this kind of an attitude towards the whole event? Do they realize how embarassing it is for the league? It's like the crappy Tatneft Arena lighting and poor marketing weren't enough.

The only serious issue I see in this topic is the size of the compensation for clubs.
Well,they working on this particular issue

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:19 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektanto View Post
Team East coached by Sergei Bazhukhin
Goalies: 55 Vyacheslav Novitski
Defensemen: 5 Ilya Dervuk, 6 Mark Marin, 11 Eduard Nasybullin, 70 Vladislav Valentsov, 74 Nikita Moiseyev
Forwards: 7 Evgeni Svechnikov, 16 Radel Fazleyev, 23 Maxim Lazarev, 35 Andrei Dergunov, 42 Nikita Yazkov, 44 Valentin Razumnyak, 69 Egor Yakovlev, 71 Semyon Koshelyov, 79 Alexandr Protapovich, 96 Artur Boltanov

Team West coached by Pavel Baulin
Goalies: 1 Maxim Sidorov, 20 Maxim Tretyak (the grandson of the Tretyak)
Defensemen: 3 Egor Tsvetkov, 4 Stepan Falkovski, 5 Egor Ogienko, 9 Egor Orlov, 10 Dmitri Osipov, 13 Oleg Shusterman
Forwards: 18 Marco Halama, 26 Alexandr Chirva, 28 Ivan Nikolishin, 33 Ivan Igumnov, 55 Daniil Vovchenko, 61 Arkhip Nekolenko, 74 Sergei Krivenko, 78 Pavel Kraskovski, 95 Andrei Kuzmenko, 96 Kirill Pilipenko, 97 Ilya Klyauzov, 99 Vladislav Kodola

A few players of the Eastern team didn't play and won't be at the draft process (some from Chelyabinsk, one from Magnitogorsk, one from Nizhnekamsk) because of some troubles with documents to leave the country.

UPD: vorky forestalled
What is the point of this game and what is the nationality of the players?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

vCash: 50
Does anyone have a list of players drafted by Medveščak?

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:24 PM
ficohok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Does anyone have a list of players drafted by Medveščak?
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=130789

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=159844

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=155625

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=184892

and one waste of a pick on Jake Virtanen.

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Spektanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
What is the point of this game and what is the nationality of the players?
Most of them are Russians. Marco Halama is Slovak.
The point is:
- formally - to look at the best players of the draft on the ice
- actually - to make some money from tickets (and I don't think it is as successful as it can be expected by the KHL)

Spektanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 01:04 PM
OriginalZagorec

Quote:
and one waste of a pick on Jake Virtanen.
I get the joke.

Now one thing bothers me about Virtanen.

He is a surefire top 10 pick in the 2014 Draft, and he lives in NA.

Why would he declare for a draft to play far away from home, for less money than he 'd get when he will be drafted ( if my math is correct and admitedly, I 'm not good at Maths)?

I think he should be playing top 6 minutes if he makes it here, and I think playing in a men 's league for 3 years or how long the ELC lasts, it would be a great experience for him.

KHL is second only to NHL in terms of quality. The ice is bigger and if he puts up huge numbers in his first year, he could even boost his stock.

Hope someone can clarify Virtanen situation as he seems as a guy who could play an important role for us.

Cheers,

Original

Last edited by OriginalZagorec: 05-26-2013 at 01:33 PM.
OriginalZagorec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 01:44 PM
ficohok*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalZagorec View Post

I think he should be playing top 6 minutes if he makes it here
First of all, if he comes here his draft stock can only fail, too lazy to explain why, but if you search forums you will find out.

Second, if someone is projected to go to top10 in NHL draft that doesn't mean he could play top 6 minutes in second best league in the world in the age of 16-17. Virtanen is still just a kid and i doubt he would be impact player in KHL, even for playoff borderline team, like we are hoping to be.

Old
05-26-2013, 02:01 PM
OriginalZagorec

Quote:
First of all, if he comes here his draft stock can only fail, too lazy to explain why, but if you search forums you will find out.

Second, if someone is projected to go to top10 in NHL draft that doesn't mean he could play top 6 minutes in second best league in the world in the age of 16-17. Virtanen is still just a kid and i doubt he would be impact player in KHL, even for playoff borderline team, like we are hoping to be.
I agree with some of your points.

With decent numbers 0.5 PPG or more, I think he can boost his stock.

Playing with better competition makes you better, and brings valuable experience. With bigger ice he should be able to use his better abilities, skating and deking.

I think Yakupov helped himself looking solid in KHL.

Of course maybe ha can 't make the transition just yet, but I think the talent is there. I 'm projecting and hoping, wishful talking on my part.

This was a balls to the walls pick.

If we get him to sign an ELC, I think he 'd be a beast in our farm team at least. But there is quite a good chance he won 't do anything related with Medveščak, except get drafted by them in the Draft.

There 's a reason why he actually wasn 't drafted top 3.
Talent wise he 's there, probably even at the top.

I 'd compare this with the "Russian Factor" in the NHL draft.

But this leads me to a question that I already posted in this thread. Why did he declare for this draft in the 1st place?

Cheers,

Original

Old
05-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Vicente

Quote:
Now one thing bothers me about Virtanen.

I think he should be playing top 6 minutes if he makes it here, and I think playing in a men 's league for 3 years or how long the ELC lasts, it would be a great experience for him.
Are you guys all kidding? Jake Virtanen is only 16 years old. The guy needs at least another 3 years of WHL experience. He isn't even among the top 100 scorers of WHL this year. If he actually would get ice time in KHL I bet he would not have more than 3 scorer points in the whole season. And changing between big and small ice as a junior destroyed many careers already.

We can talk about this guy in 3-4 years maybe.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 02:57 PM
OriginalZagorec

Quote:
Are you guys all kidding? Jake Virtanen is only 16 years old. The guy needs at least another 3 years of WHL experience. He isn't even among the top 100 scorers of WHL this year. If he actually would get ice time in KHL I bet he would not have more than 3 scorer points in the whole season. And changing between big and small ice as a junior destroyed many careers already.

We can talk about this guy in 3-4 years maybe.
I 'm the only guy who actually projects him to play top 6 minutes in the KHL IF HE ACTUALLY PLAYS FOR MEDVEŠČAK.

There is a reason why he is projected top 10 next year in the NHL draft.

I don 't think he can play on a grinding 4th/3rd checking line.

As for the bigger ice, I think more space would actually benefit him because of his skating abilities.
However, your point is valid, we can 't know how he will play and adjust until we see him play.

Now, I will be happy if he signs that ELC.
Again, wishful thinking on my part.

EDIT: They wanted Jakub Vrana and tried to draft him, but he was already drafted.

Cheers,

Original

Old
05-26-2013, 03:38 PM
ficohok*

Nor would Virtanen played big role next season in KHL, nor he will (ever) sign KHL contract. Just forget him. Let's hope Karabaček, Smejhal will develop into solid KHL-ers.

Old
05-26-2013, 04:05 PM
smitty10

We're any Ukrainians taken today?

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 04:25 PM
J Murda

Quote:
I 'm the only guy who actually projects him to play top 6 minutes in the KHL IF HE ACTUALLY PLAYS FOR MEDVEŠČAK.

There is a reason why he is projected top 10 next year in the NHL draft.

I don 't think he can play on a grinding 4th/3rd checking line.

As for the bigger ice, I think more space would actually benefit him because of his skating abilities.
However, your point is valid, we can 't know how he will play and adjust until we see him play.

Now, I will be happy if he signs that ELC.
Again, wishful thinking on my part.

EDIT: They wanted Jakub Vrana and tried to draft him, but he was already drafted.

Cheers,

Original
Jake Virtanen belongs to one of the best junior hockey programs in the Canadian Hockey League, the Calgary Hitmen. They have an extensive list of players they have graduated to the NHL and they also drafted Jake 1st overall in the bantam draft. I'd say the chances of him leaving are pretty close to zero.

Just so you know though, his game appears to be better suited for the smaller ice and although he had a slow start to the season, he came on really strong towards the end.. The Hitmen were a veteran team this year and he didn't get a lot of minutes as a 16 year old, but he will be relied on a lot more next year and is definitely expected to go high in the NHL draft.

J Murda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 05:12 PM
bobo23

Maybe we are expecting Jake Virtanen will be NHL bust?

Waste of pick, but who knows maybe our team stuff knows something we don't know

bobo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Spy View Post
I see your pain mate, as i've noticed you're from Kazan

but

what about guys like Zaytsev and Slepyshev? would they get their chances without draft to me they looks like a KHL draft products, do you remember both were drafted from their respective schools and became regular KHLers at the very young age both amazing talents i would say and they had their chance with Sibir and Novokuznetsk now Zaytsev got his big paycheque in CSKA and Slepyshev looked not lost at all on Salavat's roster
You are actually missing the point. Zaytsev is a Krylya Sovetov product. He is exactly the case of a player that should be eligilbe for the draft without limitations. Same goes for Slepashev and Penza. They are both no KHL team's school products.

And the draft isn't working as it should be at all. Look at them now. They are with the fat cats teams already and aren't helping Sibir or Kuznya to rise to prominence.

What's the point of the draft then at all if it's not helping the weaker teams?