HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Worst GM in the League?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2013, 12:45 PM
  #1
weaponomega
Registered User
 
weaponomega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Worst GM in the League?

Now that Howson is gone, who is your choice as the worst GM in the league?

I pick Tambellini. The Oiler's have not made the playoffs during his tenure. In fact they've been among the absolute worst teams in teh league the majority of time he's been GM.

He's also done a poor job at selecting coaches. Ralph Kreuger is already the third coach he's hired.

Runner up would be Jay Feaster.

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:50 PM
  #2
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe
 
Caballo Blanco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 16,477
vCash: 500
Any GM who's happy losing has my vote.


Caballo Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:54 PM
  #3
Abbotsford Heat
Registered User
 
Abbotsford Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,120
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega View Post
Now that Howson is gone, who is your choice as the worst GM in the league?

I pick Tambellini. The Oiler's have not made the playoffs during his tenure. In fact they've been among the absolute worst teams in teh league the majority of time he's been GM.

He's also done a poor job at selecting coaches. Ralph Kreuger is already the third coach he's hired.

Runner up would be Jay Feaster.
How exactly is Feaster the runner up? He has actually done a good job in Calgary.

Abbotsford Heat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:54 PM
  #4
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,537
vCash: 500
Sather is a **** GM. Has been for years.

He;s just lucky he's in an attractive market with money to spend.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:55 PM
  #5
ORYX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Im kind of shocked Tambellini has a job still.

How can a team finish last or second last for three years in a row, draft the best player in the draft among other great players Like Eberle and MPS to play along with the likes of Hemsky, Horcoff etc, and still continue to not move up the standings?

He absolutely has failed to address the defensive end, and has a big question mark in net.

Schultz fell into his lap, can't give him credit there.

pretty bad record as a GM I'd think. Hall, Nugent Hopkins, Yakupov and Schultz are players any arm chair GM could have landed that team as well.....Eberle was a great pick, not exactly a risky one either though.

Feaster also sucks as has been mentioned. Calgary has been a perennial none issue for opponents the past several years, with no end in sight. Also, that draft pick this year.....um?

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:57 PM
  #6
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here
 
Don Tibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,229
vCash: 500
Garth Snow?

Don Tibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:57 PM
  #7
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,654
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Feaster also sucks as has been mentioned. Calgary has been a perennial none issue for opponents the past several years, with no end in sight. Also, that draft pick this year.....um?
New low for HF: ******** on picks the Flames haven't made yet.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:58 PM
  #8
ChocolateLeclaire
Registered User
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Im kind of shocked Tambellini has a job still.

How can a team finish last or second last for three years in a row, draft the best player in the draft among other great players Like Eberle and MPS to play along with the likes of Hemsky, Horcoff etc, and still continue to not move up the standings?

He absolutely has failed to address the defensive end, and has a big question mark in net.

Schultz fell into his lap, can't give him credit there.

pretty bad record as a GM I'd think. Hall, Nugent Hopkins, Yakupov and Schultz are players any arm chair GM could have landed that team as well.....Eberle was a great pick, not exactly a risky one either though.

Feaster also sucks as has been mentioned. Calgary has been a perennial none issue for opponents the past several years, with no end in sight. Also, that draft pick this year.....um?
You know, a great GM would have been able to turn any one of those first overall picks into a franchise-shifting move. A monkey with a pencil could pick the consensus #1.

Hands down Tambellini is the worst GM in the NHL. He was the worst before Howson got fired. Howson tried to make the Jackets better, he just failed. Tambo just fields a horrible hockey team, hires poor coaches and lucks into the lottery.

Tambo sucks.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:58 PM
  #9
1rd
¡Hala Madrid!
 
1rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Kekäläinen.



1rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:58 PM
  #10
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega View Post
Now that Howson is gone, who is your choice as the worst GM in the league?

I pick Tambellini. The Oiler's have not made the playoffs during his tenure. In fact they've been among the absolute worst teams in teh league the majority of time he's been GM.

He's also done a poor job at selecting coaches. Ralph Kreuger is already the third coach he's hired.

Runner up would be Jay Feaster.
He was told by Katz to rebuild... idk how that is Tambellini's fault?

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 12:59 PM
  #11
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
Garth Snow?
Forgot about him. Yes the answer is Garth Snow.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:00 PM
  #12
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rd View Post
Kekäläinen.


hahaahahahahahaha

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:01 PM
  #13
trellaine201
Registered User
 
trellaine201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
Garth Snow?
+1 for Snow

trellaine201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:01 PM
  #14
Sexington
Registered User
 
Sexington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Im kind of shocked Tambellini has a job still.
Schultz fell into his lap, can't give him credit there.
While I'm no Tambellini apologist, please tell us how Schultz fell in his lap?

Lowe needs to be fired more than Tambellini needs to be.

Sexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:02 PM
  #15
trellaine201
Registered User
 
trellaine201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,085
vCash: 500
And yes quite surprising a team like the Oilers and all their high draft picks over the years can't get into the playoffs.

trellaine201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:02 PM
  #16
Schalkenullvier*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: tief im westen
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Any GM who's happy losing has my vote.

well he did win that lottery

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:04 PM
  #17
Jeri
Registered User
 
Jeri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Sather is a **** GM. Has been for years.

He;s just lucky he's in an attractive market with money to spend.
Yeah, he sure shelled out big bucks for Staal, Del Zotto, McD, Nash, Stepan, Pyatt, Giradi, Miller etc.

Jeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:04 PM
  #18
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
And yes quite surprising a team like the Oilers and all their high draft picks over the years can't get into the playoffs.
Seriously? People really believe a highdraft pick makes your team good over night?

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:05 PM
  #19
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,537
vCash: 500
Kevin Lowe is the bum in Edmonton...not Tambalini. Do people even follow the Oilers?

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:06 PM
  #20
bishop12
Ovyously
 
bishop12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
Yeah, he sure shelled out big bucks for Staal, Del Zotto, McD, Nash, Stepan, Pyatt, Giradi, Miller etc.
Pyatt? lol

Those are players...are ....ok? Big deal. Every team in the league has a grocery list of mediocre talent.

Did you seriously mention Taylor Pyatt? lol

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:13 PM
  #21
weaponomega
Registered User
 
weaponomega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
- He's not been able to find a coach that can win
- He's not addressed the awful defensive depth
- He's barely addressed team toughness
- He hasn't addressed a need for centre depth

When you look at those points and combine it with the fact the Oilers have been the worst team in the league three years in a row, how is Tambellini not the worst GM?

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:17 PM
  #22
emedshot
Registered User
 
emedshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 234
vCash: 500

emedshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:18 PM
  #23
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School
 
fly4apuckguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega View Post
- He's not been able to find a coach that can win
- He's not addressed the awful defensive depth
- He's barely addressed team toughness
- He hasn't addressed a need for centre depth

When you look at those points and combine it with the fact the Oilers have been the worst team in the league three years in a row, how is Tambellini not the worst GM?
Oilers are 5-5-3 under Krueger, basically without scoring any goals.

I think they have to give him a chance to change the culture. I have seen signs that he is doing that.

People are so impatient.

fly4apuckguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:22 PM
  #24
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega View Post
- He's not been able to find a coach that can win
- He's not addressed the awful defensive depth
- He's barely addressed team toughness
- He hasn't addressed a need for centre depth

When you look at those points and combine it with the fact the Oilers have been the worst team in the league three years in a row, how is Tambellini not the worst GM?
Our coach coatched a grand total of 14 games with this team this year and last... how can you judge him after that many games?
Our team has been out hitting a lot of the other teams we played this season...
Our centers were all depleted at once and are now almost all healthy.

We'll be okay don't worry about us. If Tambellini doesn't do anything by the end of the season then i will have changed my mind but as of right now Tambellini has done what Katz has wanted of him.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 01:23 PM
  #25
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponomega View Post
- He's not been able to find a coach that can win
- He's not addressed the awful defensive depth
- He's barely addressed team toughness
- He hasn't addressed a need for centre depth

When you look at those points and combine it with the fact the Oilers have been the worst team in the league three years in a row, how is Tambellini not the worst GM?
2 years actually.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.