HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vancouver-Columbus(Draft day trade)

Old
02-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Vancouver-Columbus(Draft day trade)

To Columbus:

Cory Schneider
Rights to Mason Raymond

To Vancouver:

Ryan Johansen
2013 2nd round pick

Rationale: Columbus seems to be turning over a new leaf, and will be relying heavily on their 3 1sts to build the foundation of their franchise upon. Johansen was sent down, and may be in need of a change of scenery. Assuming they get someone like Mackinnon/Barkov/Drouin, as well as other key pieces in the first round, along with Boone Jenner and Cam Atkinson, their offensive pool will start looking quite solid going forward. Their defense pool has an embarassment of riches in Murray, Savard, Erixon, etc. The one thing missing to make this team good is a legitimate #1 goaltender young enough to fit Columbus' timeline. Also, I know Raymond has a reputation of being thrown into proposals, but he's been playing some very good hockey this season, and looks like he is completely over his back injury, producing at a solid top-6 rate. I think it's unlikely Vancouver re-signs him due to roster/cap space, but Columbus could definitely use some help scoring up front, and given the opportunity would probably a solid fixture in Columbus' top-6 for years to come.

For Vancouver, it's getting less and less likely that a goalie will be moved before the offseason. And if we do move one in the offseason, it will likely be for futures in order to get under the cap. Assuming Luongo continues to outplay Schneider, and manages to earn the start for the playoffs(possibly winning the cup), I don't see us moving him, especially if Luongo doesn't want to waive his NTC. Johansen still has a lot of potential, and could eventually help the transition as the Sedins inevitably decline. There are a lot of players in the early 2nd round that could also end up becoming an impact player for our team. Lack will be fully recovered from his injury, and could backup Luongo for next season, and either he, Cannata, or some yet to be drafted prospect could eventually replace Luongo in 5ish years time.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:12 PM
CanadianSharks

vCash: 500
I'm honestly shocked to see a Canuck proposing this, but I feel like if Johansen does live up to his potential, it could be a win-win situation. Relatively fair value.

CanadianSharks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Not a fan of trading Schneider. Luongo should be the one who goes.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:19 PM
NoShowWilly

vCash: 50
EDIT: i didn't even read this properly.

Last edited by NoShowWilly: 02-14-2013 at 07:29 PM.
NoShowWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:21 PM
StringerBell

Not a fan of trading Schneider but hypothetically speaking if we were to go that route this is the type of deal I'd be looking for.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Vorkosh

Hmm not a bad proposal, I'd be okay with this

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Jyrki
trust in linden CREW

I wouldn't do it from a VAN perspective. Not feeling hot about Johansen's prospects (a bit early though); if we're shipping Schneider then it has to be someone who's far more proven even if we have to add on our side.

Jyrki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Djp

Fair value contigent on what Raymonds contract demands are and his signability. Because of that, and if the 2nd round pick is a high pick in a deep draft i think Vancouver needs to throw in something else like their 2nd or 3rd (near the bottom of the round) or another Defenseman. i dont know what picks Columbus has, so if this is a lower 2nd round pick then fine.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:35 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
To Columbus:

Cory Schneider
Rights to Mason Raymond

To Vancouver:

Ryan Johansen
2013 2nd round pick
NO!

Damn it, this has been beaten into the ground nonstop. Schneider would immediately become the oldest goalie on the CBJ roster, and yet has fewer starts (and seasons as a starter) than the other two. No one knows what he would do behind a lesser defense.

Trading a 20-year-old center and a high second-rounder for a 27-year-old unknown and a guy who hasn't looked the same since being injured (and who'd be a UFA anyway) is not going to happen. Period.

(Also, consider yourselves fortunate that I got here before Viqsi. Otherwise there'd be people being set on fire.)

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
I wouldn't do it from a VAN perspective. Not feeling hot about Johansen's prospects (a bit early though); if we're shipping Schneider then it has to be someone who's far more proven even if we have to add on our side.
While I would love to get an established young player, I can't think of any teams in need of goaltending with such an asset available.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
NO!

Damn it, this has been beaten into the ground nonstop. Schneider would immediately become the oldest goalie on the CBJ roster, and yet has fewer starts (and seasons as a starter) than the other two. No one knows what he would do behind a lesser defense.

Trading a 20-year-old center and a high second-rounder for a 27-year-old unknown and a guy who hasn't looked the same since being injured (and who'd be an RFA anyway) is not going to happen. Period.
what he said

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:40 PM
bobafettish*

awful for cbj

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
NO!

Trading a 20-year-old center and a high second-rounder for a 27-year-old unknown and a guy who hasn't looked the same since being injured (and who'd be an RFA anyway) is not going to happen. Period.
In Schneider's 2 and a bit season's in this league, his sv% has never been
below .920%. Playing more games doesn't mean jack if they've been terrible. Goaltenders in general mature much later than forwards, and usually play longer as well. Schneider is certainly a lot more proven than Johansen at this point in time as well. As for saying Raymond hasn't looked the same since his injury, you are flat out wrong. Although his value is of course minimal, as he would be an upcoming UFA, but he'd certainly be a benefit to Columbus.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Burrows Bite

awful from CBJ perspective when Bobrovsky is still on the case!

Burrows Bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Burrows Bite

I wouldn't do this from Van perspective. Luongo is the one gettng traded end of story. Johansen can't even crack a week Blue Jacket team right now so I am not sold.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:46 PM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 200
Awful for canucks!

See, I can do that too!

Really though,
I feel Schneider will be a top 5 goalie. Johansen won't be a top 5 anything. jmo

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
In Schneider's 2 and a bit season's in this league, his sv% has never been
below .920%. Playing more games doesn't mean jack if they've been terrible. Goaltenders in general mature much later than forwards, and usually play longer as well. Schneider is certainly a lot more proven than Johansen at this point in time as well.
So what? He's 27, has less than 100 career starts to his name, and has never played behind an average or below-average defense. Whether he's "a lot more proven than Johansen" is hopelessly irrelevant. Hell, Mason and Bobrovsky are a lot more proven than Schneider...both have proven that they have the ability to actually start an entire season for a playoff team.

People used to say the same thing about Mike Dunham that everyone says about Schneider. "Oh, he's behind an All-Star. He's so dominant, and he'll be an All-Star if he were anywhere else." Guess what didn't happen?

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
NO!

Trading a 20-year-old center and a high second-rounder for a 27-year-old unknown and a guy who hasn't looked the same since being injured (and who'd be a UFA anyway) is not going to happen. Period.

(Also, consider yourselves fortunate that I got here before Viqsi. Otherwise there'd be people being set on fire.;))
This made me lol.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:49 PM
HooliganX2

I don't see CBJ's trading for a goalie.......

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:52 PM
aqsw
PM

vCash: 200
Awful for canucks!

See, I can do that too!

aqsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Niether side seems to like it.

Not keen on dealing a goaltender who will be an all-star caliber player once Lu is gone, just not keen on it whatsoever.

Fans around the league can continue to disparage Schneider with crediting the defense, exc. But this guy is waiting to break-out as a star. And I wouldn't trade that for a prospect unless it is of Yakupov/Galchenyuk quality (Just an example, not saying either will happen) Especially not now when we are gunning for the cup.

Not a fan of trading Raymond either, he is regaining 09/10 form. Anyone who says he is a shell of his former self just has no clue what they are talking about.

And CBJ has high hopes for Johansen, and this kid has alot of upside. If he can turn into the player they hope he can be then he will add something they haven't ever seemed to have.

Niether team is in a position to make this move.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Crede777
Deputized

No thanks from a Columbus perspective.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:54 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

vCash: 50
There is no reason at all to to that for the Jackets.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
So what? He's 27, has less than 100 career starts to his name, and has never played behind an average or below-average defense. Whether he's "a lot more proven than Johansen" is hopelessly irrelevant. Hell, Mason and Bobrovsky are a lot more proven than Schneider...both have proven that they have the ability to actually start an entire season for a playoff team.
Cory Schneider is actually 26 right now, and by the draft he will have had a lot more experience to his name as well. And as I said, goalies are often brought along later before becoming dominant. Hasek was 28 before becoming a starter, Thomas was over 30. Saying Mason/Bobrovsky are more proven than Schneider is correct, if you mean they are proven to be mediocre. Schneider has played for longer at an elite level than either of them.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Burrows Bite

its hurts CBJ by getting Schneider cause right now they need hight draft picks to rebuld. Scneider would cause them to win more gams and they would get worse draft position. Right now, they will continue to bend over and lose.