HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade? (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Recieve: Okposo, Nielsen and Streit

Recieve: ROR

Okposo needs a change in scenery and would fit perfectly with Landeskog's game.

Nielsen replaces your 3C and is literally THE PERFECT 3C. Plus he's the best shootout player in the game.

Streit while a UFA significantly upgrades the puckmoving abilities of COL's blueline. With PA, Okposo and Nielsen there's players he's familiar with and I could see him resigning for 2 years there. Also bring some veteran leadership.

ROR brings all the defensive play that Nielsen does to the Island but with more offense. Nino will replace Okposo and Nelson looks about ready to fill in the Islander's 3C role.

Lets do this!
I can't see Avs wanting Okposo. Inconsistent big guy that's weak along the boards. Streit does nothing for a team that still is rebuilding, even if Avs D is depleted and quite bad.

Nielsen + top prospect would most likely be what Avs would be looking for.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:57 AM
TieClark

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Seriously. Duchene is at least 3 ">"'s more valuable than Kessel and Gardiner.
Totally. But then the leafs could throw in Mike "the franchise" Kostka and demand Duchene, O'Rielly and Stastny all together and still be getting robbed.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I can't see Avs wanting Okposo. Inconsistent big guy that's weak along the boards. Streit does nothing for a team that still is rebuilding, even if Avs D is depleted and quite bad.

Nielsen + top prospect would most likely be what Avs would be looking for.
Pick anyone not named Nino Strome Reinhart or Nelson. Those 4 are all Islanders within 2 years, and won't be shipped out for anyone less than an all-star.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Pick anyone not named Nino Strome Reinhart or Nelson. Those 4 are all Islanders within 2 years, and won't be shipped out for anyone less than an all-star.
It's hard seeing a fit with those restrictions. I can see why Islanders would want to hang on to their prospects of high value, but then you'll probably won't find a deal here.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:09 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
RoR is being criminally underrated and overrated in this thread.

For me his value is a top 5 pick in this years draft. So however you can arrange picks and assets to match that, this is what the Avs should be asking for.
You really think a team with a chance at Jones/McKinnon, are giving a chance at those players for ROR?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
You really think a team with a chance at Jones/McKinnon, are giving a chance at those players for ROR?
Value wise, whether teams do it or not is not information I would be privy to. This is a player that teams win with, not a player you get to fill a gap, big difference.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:19 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gberg View Post
I think you mean 25..... Its 7 years of service or 27.. whichever happens earlier.
If he doesn't play he's not accruing years of service.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
It's hard seeing a fit with those restrictions. I can see why Islanders would want to hang on to their prospects of high value, but then you'll probably won't find a deal here.
Understandable, but unless its a Hossa like player, we won't ship any of our 'big 4' off.

ROR is great and I'd love to have him. Maybe a pick could even it out?

Nielsen + 2014's 1st?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:20 AM
Anth93

This thread has officially gone crazy.

All things considered, the Leafs might do a Gardiner for ROR swap. Seeing them exceed that is very unlikely.

Bozak/Kulemin/Grabovski/etc will have no place in this deal, why are Leafs fans even trying.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:23 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
Totally. But then the leafs could throw in Mike "the franchise" Kostka and demand Duchene, O'Rielly and Stastny all together and still be getting robbed.
Ultimately the Avs would probably just settle for Bozak and a 2nd round pick for Dutchy, Radar and Staz. Bozak loves colorado and is on a great contract for a couple more months.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Value wise, whether teams do it or not is not information I would be privy to. This is a player that teams win with, not a player you get to fill a gap, big difference.
I think there is a big difference between how GMs/scouts view O'Reilly and the average HF posters views him. It's obvious many HF posters bring up his stat page and think they know what the player is about.

O'Reilly is a shutdown center that just turned 22 that you can put out against any top line and feel comfortable. He can do this while providing 50+ points, potentially 65+ points. Guys like him aren't on the market often, almost never.

Avs fans are very upset that stubbornness and pride will lead to him being traded. It should never have happened. It might haunt the organization for a long time if they don't get this trade right.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:30 AM
mpp9

Maybe the Pens are looking for a three party deal. D prospect+Niskanen?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
I think there is a big difference between how GMs/scouts view O'Reilly and the average HF posters views him. It's obvious many HF posters bring up his stat page and think they know what the player is about.

O'Reilly is a shutdown center that just turned 22 that you can put out against any top line and feel comfortable. He can do this while providing 50+ points, potentially 65+ points. Guys like him aren't on the market often, almost never.

Avs fans are very upset that stubbornness and pride will lead to him being traded. It should never have happened. It might haunt the organization for a long time if they don't get this trade right.
This is how I feel. That's why I made the statement earlier on this page that he's criminal underrated and overrated. RoR is the type of player you use to win with, not plug holes.

The NHL is a power play driven league and RoR is a shut down player, so crucially vital. I love this kid and 29 other GMs probably do as well.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Chungo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Ultimately the Avs would probably just settle for Bozak and a 2nd round pick for Dutchy, Radar and Staz. Bozak loves colorado and is on a great contract for a couple more months.
Only if you take komisarek as a cap dump and keep 3 million of Stats cap hit/year

Old
02-16-2013, 10:36 AM
HSF

Quote:

I thought he put up that many ptsplaying top mins?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:37 AM
12345*

Kulemin, Holzer for ROR

Then Colorado trades Kulemin to Pitts for one of their top level D prospects.

Essentially, that accelerates their D rebuild quickly.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:39 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

mike richards (when he was 26) prior to being traded to the kings (for simmonds schenn 2nd rd p)

2007 73 28 47 75
2008 79 30 50 80
2009 82 31 31 62
2010 82 23 43 66

not a good comparison

hodgson for kassian might be a good comparison?

Old
02-16-2013, 10:39 AM
MessierII

Quote:

I partially agree with you but one 50 point season is just that....one season. He's not offensively proven enough to justify what he's doing right now. Horcoff had 73 points once upon a time. You can't lock a guy up for big dollars based on one season this has proven time and time again. O'Reilly should know better.

That being said I offer

Ales Hemsky and Martin Marincin

Roster player and a top prospect.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:40 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chungo View Post
Only if you take komisarek as a cap dump and keep 3 million of Stats cap hit/year
In that case you'd have to add something like Toninato and Grabo. We'd obviously throw in EJ to smooth it out a little if you guys were OK with saving us from having that bust on our team.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:41 AM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
I thought he put up that many ptsplaying top mins?
He did. He's Bozak offensively. Anyone with decent passing skills can put up 50 pts with very good offensive players. ROR is definitely not dynamic offensively. He can't drive an offensive for a line. His offensive skill is sufficient to not destroy a play.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
I partially agree with you but one 50 point season is just that....one season. He's not offensively proven enough to justify what he's doing right now. Horcoff had 73 points once upon a time. You can't lock a guy up for big dollars based on one season this has proven time and time again. O'Reilly should know better.

That being said I offer

Ales Hemsky and Martin Marincin

Roster player and a top prospect.
I have a feeling your definition of top prospect and the definition Avs would use isn't quite the same.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:45 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
RoR is being criminally underrated and overrated in this thread.

For me his value is a top 5 pick in this years draft. So however you can arrange picks and assets to match that, this is what the Avs should be asking for.
I agree and disagree.
I don't think he is worth MacKinnon or Jones. Those two just scream franchise player controlled for the next 7 years (ok 3). Same goes for Drouin to an extent but he is a little bit more risky and therefore the value becomes closer. Still don't think anyone would give up Drouin for ROR. Barkov? Closer but still not there.
This to me is the cut off.
ROR should be worth close to or more than Lindholn/Monahan or whoever goes there. Those guys might have the higher upside but ROR is that much more proven that it evens out.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:48 AM
MessierII

Quote:
I have a feeling your definition of top prospect and the definition Avs would use isn't quite the same.
What you want Justin Schultz? Marincin is our best defense prospect right now.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I agree and disagree.
I don't think he is worth MacKinnon or Jones. Those two just scream franchise player controlled for the next 7 years (ok 3). Same goes for Drouin to an extent but he is a little bit more risky and therefore the value becomes closer. Still don't think anyone would give up Drouin for ROR. Barkov? Closer but still not there.
This to me is the cut off.
ROR should be worth close to or more than Lindholn/Monahan or whoever goes there. Those guys might have the higher upside but ROR is that much more proven that it evens out.
If I had the 5th pick I'd trade it for RoR in a heartbeat. You're probably looking at Monahan in that pick who could end up being better yeah, but with RoR you know what you're getting and he's young.
It's hard to say though since the way the league is built now that you need so many ELC's to compete with the high end players making a lot.
I still think though, if you have a true 1C you're not going to get much better than RoR as your 2C. He has everything that you need in that spot.

Old
02-16-2013, 10:49 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

percy could be the top prospect offered
1st rd pic D drafted #25th in 2011)

now you need the top 6 forward to go with it

Closed Thread