HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

PK Subban will be an elite dman & is one of the most underrated players in the league

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2013, 05:44 PM
  #51
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.
 
Montreal Impact FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
I think the hate he gets by some pelple give the impression he is overated... hate him or love him... he makes very little people without an clear opinion on him awsome or terrible.

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:50 PM
  #52
Montreal Shadow
Registered User
 
Montreal Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,989
vCash: 500
I liked it better the last couple of weeks. You know, when no one was talking about him.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:51 PM
  #53
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
He very well may become elite, but I had a good chuckle when you said he is underrated. Most people know where he stands.
As someone who reads many, many posts on this forum, I disagree. There are tons of people who still think the guy is an offensive D who can't play in his own zone. Despite impressive numbers, Subban's main strength has been his defensive play. And anyone who gives any credence to advance stats has to admit how good Subban really is.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:55 PM
  #54
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,312
vCash: 500
LOL! The guy's played a few games this year. Let's at least wait until he's go some games under his belt before we start labelling him as becoming elite.

vanwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:57 PM
  #55
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
LOL! The guy's played a few games this year. Let's at least wait until he's go some games under his belt before we start labelling him as becoming elite.
It's a pretty safe bet IMO.

He has a few brain farts from time to time, but there was a time where we appreciated the fact that young defencemen are going to make mistakes.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 05:59 PM
  #56
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 40,587
vCash: 50
What is the OPs definition of elite because saying he will be elite can vary significantly based on the definition

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:01 PM
  #57
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 174
I think he's gonna have some impressive numbers this mainly because Markov is the #1 D right now and teams are concentrating on him more than on Subban. That can only be positive for his career.

6 pts in 6 games for Subban (already 31st among D)

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:01 PM
  #58
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,994
vCash: 1000
third part of the statement
"will be a cancer in the dressing room"

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:08 PM
  #59
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
It's a pretty safe bet IMO.

He has a few brain farts from time to time, but there was a time where we appreciated the fact that young defencemen are going to make mistakes.
I think he could go either way.
I'm old enough to remember when there were similar posts about Mike Komisarek on here. Defencemen are a real tough call and on't develop in a straight line. Look at Tyler Myers in Buffalo. An amazing season and this year he has really struggled.

vanwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:12 PM
  #60
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I think he could go either way.
I'm old enough to remember when there were similar posts about Mike Komisarek on here. Defencemen are a real tough call and on't develop in a straight line. Look at Tyler Myers in Buffalo. An amazing season and this year he has really struggled.
I agree with your premise.

However, the issue with both Komisarek and Myers appears to be their skating and hockey IQ.

I don't think Subban has those same weaknesses.

I'm a bit more confident than you at this point, but I concede that nothing is decided.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:17 PM
  #61
dukeofjive*
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Still has a chance to become elite, but he isint there yet

dukeofjive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:19 PM
  #62
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I agree with your premise.

However, the issue with both Komisarek and Myers appears to be their skating and hockey IQ.

I don't think Subban has those same weaknesses.

I'm a bit more confident than you at this point, but I concede that nothing is decided.
Fair points. His skating is a big plus over those two.

vanwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:21 PM
  #63
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Just about everybody thinks Subban's really good.
Not so sure about that one.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:23 PM
  #64
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Guy is a pure beast and he's putting up great numbers (6gp, 3g, 3a)despite coming into the season late. He's also capable of logging more than his average 20 minutes per game and most suspect by end of year his toi will increase.
Subban is a great hockey player who is going to get better. His ceiling is enormous and the Canadiens are very lucky to have stolen him in the second round. The fact that Montreal tried to lowball him and did is of major concern. Subban is clearly one of the lowest paid all star Defenseman in the league.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:30 PM
  #65
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,619
vCash: 500
I think he can be overrated by some habs fans which can sometime irk other fan bases, but I do see a lot of people putting him down because he's 'bad defensively' which is usually a cop out.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:36 PM
  #66
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,327
vCash: 500
Not overrated.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:37 PM
  #67
Bob Cole
Registered User
 
Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
He's been fantastic so far this year. Hopefully he keeps it up

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:38 PM
  #68
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,471
vCash: 500
If we're talking strictly about PK Subban's play on the ice, I agree he's underrated. I don't think he gets nearly enough credit for how solid he is defensively, this is a guy who can play vs top lines night in, night out and make it very difficult for them to have success.

But unfortunately, whether it's his fault or not, too much ink is wasted on Subban to talk about things that have nothing to do with what he does on the ice as a player...and in that sense, it makes him 'overrated'.

But once he gains more experience and refines his game...he'll be one of the top dmen in the NHL

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:39 PM
  #69
JayKing
Go Habs Go
 
JayKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,705
vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
I liked it better the last couple of weeks. You know, when no one was talking about him.
When did that happen....

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:45 PM
  #70
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,279
vCash: 500
He was great against Tampa, minus his screwup that shift which led to Tampa's second goal which I'm sure he is fully aware of. He's a great two-way defenseman already and has the upside to become much more.

That, though, I think everybody knows. I wouldn't call him underrated, except for that occasional odd fan/troll that come and says he isn't a legit 1st pairing dman when he's seriously starting to push the top 15 league-wide.

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:46 PM
  #71
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,691
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
Habs fans tend to rate him similar to Norris trophy Karlasson and other world class dmen. Subban is not on that level, no excuses.


Never. Ever. Seen ANYTHING like that before. EVER. He has POTENTIAL to be, but certainly not now.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:47 PM
  #72
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,691
vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticBirdman View Post
In all fairness he looked like absolute ass last night against the Bolts. Tampa's 2nd and 3rd goals were partially due to piss poor 1 on 1 play by him. I think the kid has all the makings of a great offensive d-man, but his defensive game is still seriously lacking.
Oh my goodness... you've obviously not watched him closely.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 06:57 PM
  #73
Tubby Tuke
Drafting my Overalls
 
Tubby Tuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
How's he overrated?
He plays for the Habs.

Tubby Tuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:01 PM
  #74
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,671
vCash: 500
That's a pretty nice compliment from a Bruins fan.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 07:17 PM
  #75
Smokey McCanucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
One of my favourite players in the league, he is a joy to watch.

Smokey McCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.