HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tangradi traded to the Jets for a 7th round pick

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 03:56 PM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

vCash: 500
I think the reason Tangradi was so overrated was the fans so badly wanted him to become a good player so they could wax nostalgically and giggle uncontrollably about the Whitney trade.

Power forwards, if that's what he is going to be, take a while to develop. He doesn't mesh well with the team right now and wasn't going to make it through waivers.

It had to be done.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Lord Commander

So, the Ducks gave us a 5th rounder for Lovejoy, and the Jets a 7th for Tangradi.

Something's not right.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:57 PM
bradshaw06

Figured he'd be a throw in in a trade for a winger at the deadline.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:57 PM
aSockalypse

Was expecting a better pick for him, but.. whatever. I'll take it. Guess the organization was getting frustrated with his progression? We sure do know the fans were.

Old
02-13-2013, 03:59 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
his skating is fine...

little bit bad hands. I don't know how he'll grow as a player, but I know he has the tools to continue to improve past where he is at the age of 24.
He's fine when he can skate 50 ft in a straight line, other than that I don't think I agree.

Oh well, he does have some tools so it's not impossible by any means. Letestu has 5 goals right now and I think Nick Johnson has 3 so who knows. You just can't play multiple games with the league's top 1-2 punch and tally zero points and 0.5 score chances though. I don't even want to think of him on a lesser scoring line at this point in his career.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:00 PM
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP

Best of luck ET. Got a raw deal here. Can be an effective 3rd liner. Hope you prove us wrong and have a big year.

7th rounder? Puke. Hope we end up taking a defenseman.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
And all for a 5th, a 7h and a conditional 7th ... maybe are we too high on our prospects?
the real surprise for me is Sneep for a conditional 7th and not future considerations. it's a theoretical point because the condition isn't going to get fulfilled and we'd get nothing either way, but among assets that have no worth - a pick that isn't going to materialize has to be worth more than future considerations which basically equates to nothing, right?

it was about time for the Big Dog to go the way of Old Yeller.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
I posted last night steigy said BB would up within a couple games seems like its gonna happen now
no it doesn't. this trade couldn't have less to do with Bennett.

Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
He's fine when he can skate 50 ft in a straight line, other than that I don't think I agree.

Oh well, he does have some tools so it's not impossible by any means. Letestu has 5 goals right now and I think Nick Johnson has 3 so who knows. You just can't play multiple games with the league's top 1-2 punch and tally zero points and 0.5 score chances though. I don't even want to think of him on a lesser scoring line at this point in his career.
I think being on a "lesser" scoring line is actually a good thing. It's hard to get used to the speed of the NHL when you're either: 1) playing random shifts for a total of 5 minutes-per-game with Craig Adams or 2) Playing 12 minutes-per-game with one of the fastest, most-skilled players in the NHL.

He actually just needs to be Eric Tangradi, 4th-liner, or Eric Tangradi, 3rd-liner, to get used to it all. My opinion, anyhow. Maybe he becomes nothing and is out of the league in 2 years. He's not a can't-miss guy by any means, but he has more talent than the two players you referred to.

Old
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

I can't wait for the next organizational announcement to be Kennedy, Dupuis and Adams all getting an eight year contract extension. Because god forbid we ever take them out of the lineup.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Dupree13

People claimed he never got a shot, then when he got a shot and failed, they said he wasn't given long enough, or complained about the circumstances.

Truth is, he got more of a shot than 99% of similar prospects like him will ever get. He was lucky to be in an organization that was so slim at wing that he was, amazingly, the best option availabe. He got an absolutely incredible chance and was unable to do anything at all with it.

I really have no clue what some of you guys see in this guy. I think he absolutely stinks and will be out of the league in a year or two.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Nitti*

The jets have a lot of big forwards maybe he'll learn something and fit in better there hope ti beau isn't another winger the pens fail to develope

Old
02-13-2013, 04:04 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
I say this with no ire whatsoever: What do you see that makes you feel that way? His size? It can't be his skating or his hands.
The Penguins uniform.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:05 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGuins8711 View Post
I can't wait for the next organizational announcement to be Kennedy, Dupuis and Adams all getting an eight year contract extension. Because god forbid we ever take them out of the lineup.
totally disagree on Dupuis. He's good. Would like him better as a 3rd-liner, but I hope he stays with the team at the end of his deal.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:06 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
The Penguins uniform.
The same Penguins uniform blinding me when I trash Bylsma's decision making? Or Kennedy? Or Lovejoy? Or whoever else?

Totally lame generalization, get real.

Old
cheesedanish87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
no it doesn't. this trade couldn't have less to do with Bennett.
Not sure y u think that they had to clear a roster spot for BB to come up. Whos gonna fill his roster spot?

Old
Nitti*

Everybody wanted him to be Ryan Malone v2 after Malone left and we guides him n Kunitz

Old
02-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Nitti*

Quote:
Not sure y u think that they had to clear a roster spot for BB to come up. Whos gonna fill his roster spot?
Some one they can scratch every game

Old
02-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

Quote:
totally disagree on Dupuis. He's good. Would like him better as a 3rd-liner, but I hope he stays with the team at the end of his deal.
I don't mind Dupuis I'd actually be fine if he got another extension, but it's clear Bylsma is never going to take him off Sid's line unless Shero trades for a Jarome Iginla or Bobby Ryan etc...

Old
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Had to hurt Shero to come to the realization that his former top prospect was just not going to pan out here. At least he was able to get himself a 7th to spend on a PMD to make him feel better though.

Old
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Kind of disappointed in the organization's inability to develop forward prospects (other than the slam dunk guys drafted in the top 2 of the draft). Tangradi had warts, but there was enough there that they should have at least been able to develop him into a 3rd or 4th line NHL regular. He had size and wasn't devoid of skill. A lot of players make it with a lot less of either.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:09 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
The same Penguins uniform blinding me when I trash Bylsma's decision making? Or Kennedy? Or Lovejoy? Or whoever else?

Totally lame generalization, get real.
Not pointing you out.

It's my only logical guess, because I honestly don't see what anyone else saw.

Old
02-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
We don't need three guys getting scratched every night. Shero has almost never gone with a full 23 man roster in his tenure.

That said I do expect Bennett will get a cameo appearance, but I still don't think he's seen as the answer for this season. He's got too much to learn in WBS still.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
02-13-2013, 04:10 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Not pointing you out.

It's my only logical guess, because I honestly don't see what anyone else saw.
Your reply was to his reply to my reply, which sort of made it seem like your reply was in reply to my reply, but okay.

Multiple people - some very smart and reasonable - seem to think Tangradi's an NHLer. . . .

Old
02-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
so what does the All Time Shero Gave-Up-On-'em Team look like:

Eric Tangradi-Mark Letestu-Nick Johnson

Brian Strait-Ben Lovejoy
Jake Muzzin-Carl Sneep

Chad Johnson

it's not so bad as long as you don't count Moulson and you shouldn't. if you made a line-up of the guys teams gave up on, this would probably be one of the least egregious.

not sure i'd trade a 4th, 5th and a 7th for that team.

Last edited by Crafton: 02-13-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Closed Thread