HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tangradi traded to the Jets for a 7th round pick

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 05:11 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

vCash: 500
If they set him in front of the net on the PP he will put up points. If this turns into a Strait situation where we just gave a good player away for nothing Shero's going to lose some fans.

If he doesn't all we really lost was Whitney for him so who cares.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:13 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

This has nothing to do with Bennett. With Niskanen or Letang coming back we are going to have too many players. For some reason we are still wasting a roster spot on Boychuk.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:14 PM
HandshakeLine
pro sports bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Multiple people - some very smart and reasonable - seem to think Tangradi's an NHLer. . . .
This is just as silly of a justification for keeping him as some of the hate is.

Anyhow. Not surprised, wish him luck, etc.

And to answer someone else's post, no, it's not unusual that a guy who's seen 90+ NHL games in a harder to fill position got more in return than a prospect who's seen his stock plummet since he was traded here.

We all wanted him to be Kevin Stevens. But hey, you can't wait for them all to pan out.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Gooch

Something went horribly wrong somewhere along the line. He actually was supposed to be the most important part of the Whitney/Kunitz trade. Similar to the one where the Rangers got McDonagh and Higgins from the Canadiens (which is still laughable) but Kunitz was the Higgins and Tangradi was supposed to be the McDonagh. I am just astounded that either the scouts were horribly horribly wrong, or the coaching and development staff horribly horribly screwed up. I am leaning much more towards option 2 and I feel that he'll probably prove to be a decent player for Winnipeg and it will lead to some more angst in the future when we're staring at our inept wingers.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Muscles4Malkin
Top-6 Beau

7th rounder.. I was kinda hoping for 4th or 5th at least. Oh well.. Hopefully Shero is working on something like a real deal for top-6.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
HandshakeLine
pro sports bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
If they set him in front of the net on the PP he will put up points. If this turns into a Strait situation where we just gave a good player away for nothing Shero's going to lose some fans.

If he doesn't all we really lost was Whitney for him so who cares.
I used to think that. After watching him play this season, I'm not so sure.

Either way, I think that's a moot argument. Tangradi was never going to get that PP time here with Bylsma or any other coach we could have possibly brought in. He just didn't click with this team.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:16 PM
TerraFeeshMD

Quote:
Your reply was to his reply to my reply, which sort of made it seem like your reply was in reply to my reply, but okay.

Multiple people - some very smart and reasonable - seem to think Tangradi's an NHLer. . . .
And many also think he won't be. He was playing on a line with arguably the best player in the NHL (more than once) and he couldn't even register a point this season. Let's stop thinking he never got a shot. He did, and he failed each and every time.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

All the clamoring about how bad a 7th round pick is, is pretty amusing. Did anyone really think we were getting a valuable asset for this guy? He hasn't been handled that well but by the same token he hasn't shown much either during the games where he did get a shot. He may yet pan out but he wasn't going to do it here. They level of uncertainty with both assets is about the same at this point.

At most he might've gotten a 6th rounder but considering aging veteran FA often get moved for 3rd and 4th rounders (guys who have proven something and can still play) hard to argue Tangradi was worth more than a 7th.

I wish him well and also doubt this means Bennett is getting a call-up. They're going to let him get his full AHL season IMO. Might get a game look here or there or some injury time (hopefully not) but he will be in the AHL most of this season.

Old
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Your reply was to his reply to my reply, which sort of made it seem like your reply was in reply to my reply, but okay.

I don't think I'm any less smart and reasonable, especially in regards to a sport that I was basically weened on.

Sure, he might be an NHL'er, but no different from any one that we may pick up for say...a 7th rounder?

Old
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandshakeLine View Post
This is just as silly of a justification for keeping him as some of the hate is.

Anyhow. Not surprised, wish him luck, etc.

And to answer someone else's post, no, it's not unusual that a guy who's seen 90+ NHL games in a harder to fill position got more in return than a prospect who's seen his stock plummet since he was traded here.

We all wanted him to be Kevin Stevens. But hey, you can't wait for them all to pan out.
It's not a justification. I'm simply pointing out that it's not just homers who are thinking he's an NHL-caliber player. My opinion is my own, if I was swayed by this board, I'd have far different opinions on Boychuk, Kunitz, Shero, etc...

Eric Tangradi discussions: SRS BIZNESS

Old
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Quote:
This has nothing to do with Bennett. With Niskanen or Letang coming back we are going to have too many players.
If we're talking on the roster limit - no.
If we're talking practicality - yes.

The Lovejoy trade freed up a roster spot.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
02-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:
This has nothing to do with Bennett. With Niskanen or Letang coming back we are going to have too many players. For some reason we are still wasting a roster spot on Boychuk.
Not with Reese down. Gave us 7 D and 14 forwards. Still within the 23 player-limit.

Bennett will absolutely be called up sometime soon for a look once he gets fully into the swing of things again after missing a few games.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Nitti*

His shot was like 4 games this year lol and Malkin passed the puck to the other team more then eric

Old
02-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
so the All Time Shero Gave-Up-On-'em Team looks like:

Matt Moulson*-Mark Letestu-Nick Johnson
Eric Tangradi-Dustin Jeffrey**-XXX

Brian Strait-Jake Muzzin

Chad Johnson

healthy scratches: Luca Caputi, Carl Sneep

*not his fault
**hopefully not, but things don't look too hot for him in this organization

it's not so bad. if you made a line-up of the guys teams gave up on, this would probably be one of the least egregious.
It's a double-edged sword, though. That's also a who's who of the Pens' top forward prospects over the past 6 or 7 years as well (minus Staal).

So on one hand, you're right that it's not a big deal given their limited ability. But on the other hand, that's a little scary that's the best our scouting/development has been able to come up with in terms of forward prospects.

Old
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Other teams have scouts. They can see ET's got an NHL body and does nothing else on an NHL level. He reads plays at the speed of an enforcer.

Old
Fordy
the kid signify

Now get rid of Kennedy and we can start putting some things behind us.

Also the tags on this thread.

Old
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

We play the Jets on Friday too. Watch him finally score this season and it'll be against us. Fire Shero!

Old
02-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Pancakes

Quote:
Wasting a roster spot on Boychuk makes sense because - as sad as this sounds - he's been more effective than Tangradi was.

Old
HandshakeLine
pro sports bettor

Quote:
It's not a justification. I'm simply pointing out that it's not just homers who are thinking he's an NHL-caliber player. My opinion is my own, if I was swayed by this board, I'd have far different opinions on Boychuk, Kunitz, Shero, etc...

Eric Tangradi discussions: SRS BIZNESS
Who are these people you keep referencing? I'm genuinely confused here.

Old
gdsmack267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscles4Malkin View Post
7th rounder.. I was kinda hoping for 4th or 5th at least. Oh well.. Hopefully Shero is working on something like a real deal for top-6.
You're out of your mind if you thought he would net a 4th or 5th. We should all be happy we even got a 7th for him since we could have lost him on waivers.

Old
Beaudangles19

i think they coulda got more than a 7th......bennett up?

Old
02-13-2013, 05:22 PM
TerraFeeshMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitti View Post
His shot was like 4 games this year lol and Malkin passed the puck to the other team more then eric
Are you attempting to say that doesn't that say something about Tangradi?

I was so high on this guy when we traded for him, but he provided nothing to show he was going to develop with this team and he had no place on this team down the road. I'm also unsure while people would be upset about Shero's trade of Whitney for Kunitz/Tangradi. Even with Tangradi flaming out, I still think we very much got the better end even if it was a Kunitz for Whitney straight-up deal.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:22 PM
MurphyDump

Quote:
Really? Is that why he was traded?

Because even with 58 and 2 coming back, according to my math, we're at 22 players.

So tell me again why Tangradi was traded to make room for them? LOL

Old
02-13-2013, 05:23 PM
HandshakeLine
pro sports bettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
You're out of your mind if you thought he would net a 4th or 5th. We should all be happy we even got a 7th for him since we could have lost him on waivers.
This. Lovejoy got a 5th because even bad stop-gap #7 NHL defensemen are harder to find than big, average wings with dwindling potential struggling to adjust to the NHL game.

And for the record, I would have preferred to try to develop Tangradi here, but I get the decision.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Hophog

I'm just glad we'll finally get a chance to see if it truly is our organization mismanaging him and not giving him enough time or chances to develop or if, like someone else said, he disappears like Caputi. It'll be a lot easier to blame Bylsma and his system if he flourishes or a lot easier to trust Bylsma if he doesn't.

Closed Thread