HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[PIT/WPG] Eric Tangradi for a 7th round pick in 2013

Old
02-13-2013, 07:58 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
Blah blah blah, expiring contract.

Blah blah blah, 35 years old.

Tangradi+2nd.

-Every "Iggy to Pittsburgh" thread created in the last 6 months summed up in 5 seconds.
the only way you're going to convince me that your stupid generalization has any truth to it is if you actually quote Pens fans who offered Tangradi + 2nd for Iginla.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:34 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Maybe they gonna pick up Kassian from waivers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I don't think the Penguins have another deal in the works at the moment. Boychuk has been playing some decent hockey, and Beau Bennett is in Pittsburgh to see team doctors, there is speculation that he will stay in Pittsburgh and join the team, but nothing confirmed.

Trading Tangradi, we have 13 forwards, 7 defensemen and 2 goalies, Beau Bennett can join the team because of the trade.
That would also make sense. Either way it looked as if they wanted to open a roster spot without having to subject him to waivers and lose him for nothing. This way they can at least take a flyer on someone in the draft.

I would have guessed a 4th or 5th at this point as I still think with some coaching and the right situation he can be a serviceable 3rd liner..

To all you who are laughing at Pens fans for overrating him - is he the first prospect that didn't turn out how he was supposed to? Most realistic Penguins fans realized that after a few years and no progress that his value had dropped significantly. At one time he was highly touted... If a Pens fan did offer Tangradi + 2nd for Iginla then two things are true: They have no idea what they're talking about, and they don't represent the organization or the fanbase.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Come on, cut as Pens fans some slack, we didn't act like he was the next best thing, we just thought a 23 year old, former 2nd round power forward held SOME value, so we were wrong and got a 7th, big deal. We're not the only fans that overrate our prospects.
No Pens fans aren't the only fans to overrate your prospects - but I do recall a thread comparing Tangradi to JVR as far as upside - that was started by a Pens fan.

I'm guessing there are some Pens fans out there that don't want that one dug up...

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by domaug View Post
the only way you're going to convince me that your stupid generalization has any truth to it is if you actually quote Pens fans who offered Tangradi + 2nd for Iginla.
Somebody will find something even worse for you. Lots of kids on these boards are bored and up to a challenge.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:52 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
I don't think the Penguins have another deal in the works at the moment. Boychuk has been playing some decent hockey, and Beau Bennett is in Pittsburgh to see team doctors, there is speculation that he will stay in Pittsburgh and join the team, but nothing confirmed.

Trading Tangradi, we have 13 forwards, 7 defensemen and 2 goalies, Beau Bennett can join the team because of the trade.
Another trade, seeing BB in the NHL. It is all good. I for one am filled with glee until further notice.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:53 PM
WarriorofTime

I remember when Tangradi was traded from Anaheim to Pittsburgh along with Chris Kunitz in the Ryan Whitney deal.

Never seen a player go from a pretty unheralded decent prospect to a SUPER MEGA PROSPECT so quick.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Can anyone give me a non-biased rundown of what Tangradi offers the Jets? Also can a Pens fan explain why he wasn't working out in your organization? Our GM seems to think he wasn't a good fit for you guys and he wants to give him a real opportunity in Winnipeg in Poni's spot.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Come on, cut as Pens fans some slack, we didn't act like he was the next best thing, we just thought a 23 year old, former 2nd round power forward held SOME value, so we were wrong and got a 7th, big deal. We're not the only fans that overrate our prospects.
You have to laugh a little considering how often I hear that Shero has only ever won trades by landslides

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:58 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
You have to laugh a little considering how often I hear that Shero has only ever won trades by landslides
He still traded Whitney for Kunitz and a 7th, so looking at Whitney and Kunitz now, not sure how that changes the verdict on that trade too drastically.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
Somebody will find something even worse for you. Lots of kids on these boards are bored and up to a challenge.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1349431

found it - it's from 2009 and most posts are logical but MAN are there some doozies in there!

Old
02-13-2013, 09:42 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1081
Pens fans lose all credibility in the trade proposals after this trade. I thought this guy was a blue chip prospect.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:00 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

Boy has this guy fallen from grace.

Too bad it never worked out in Pittsburgh but I remember them thinking very highly of him for a while. Maybe a change of environment will give this guy the kick in the butt he needs.

stakesishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:06 PM
gordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Pens fans lose all credibility in the trade proposals after this trade. I thought this guy was a blue chip prospect.
He was a project. Brian Strait was picked up by the Islanders and said this about Dan Bylsma. He plays favorites and if you're a young guy and get the chance and mess up you're gone. Let's see what Tangradi does in Winnipeg far away from Dan Bylsma.

gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Stecz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
Can anyone give me a non-biased rundown of what Tangradi offers the Jets? Also can a Pens fan explain why he wasn't working out in your organization? Our GM seems to think he wasn't a good fit for you guys and he wants to give him a real opportunity in Winnipeg in Poni's spot.
Tangradi never really fit into what the Pens wanted as he's not that strong along the boards. He's a big body and skates pretty well all things considered, but he plays like he's tiny. It's frustrating to watch him because he'll put in one good shift, throw his body around, make some havoc around the net and then disappear for the rest of the game. Some Pens fans would argue that he never got a fair shot because of Bylsma's preference for veterans and they put forward some good points, but I've never seen anything personally that makes me think Tangradi will put it together for a full NHL gig. All the physical skills are there, but he seems to lack the drive or desire to put it all together. A change of system/scenery and to play under a coach who is willing to let a young player have some growing pains well. Don't expect miracles straight off the bat, but he could become something down the line. I'm not sure that his ceiling is that much higher than Poni's, but the Jets see something in him that the Pens don't.

He was a polarising prospect for Pens fans due to his lack of results and the lack of forward prospects to get excited about, so those that supported him built him up to be a better prospect than I think he is, but his detractors made it sound like he was stealing a living as an NHL player.

Stecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:28 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
It's bottom 6 depth until he proves otherwise. A guy to play across from Ponikarovsky on the 3rd line.
Lol reading back in this thread, this need to be brought front and centre. Best. Fortune
Telling. Ever.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
He was only a "blue chip" prospect because of the homer Amaheim writer over rating him. That's the only reason. Pens fans went with that laughable ranking because it was there. I don't blame them, but those of us who laughed at the ranking years ago when the Anaheim writer ranked him certainly expected this.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecz View Post
Tangradi never really fit into what the Pens wanted as he's not that strong along the boards. He's a big body and skates pretty well all things considered, but he plays like he's tiny. It's frustrating to watch him because he'll put in one good shift, throw his body around, make some havoc around the net and then disappear for the rest of the game. Some Pens fans would argue that he never got a fair shot because of Bylsma's preference for veterans and they put forward some good points, but I've never seen anything personally that makes me think Tangradi will put it together for a full NHL gig. All the physical skills are there, but he seems to lack the drive or desire to put it all together. A change of system/scenery and to play under a coach who is willing to let a young player have some growing pains well. Don't expect miracles straight off the bat, but he could become something down the line. I'm not sure that his ceiling is that much higher than Poni's, but the Jets see something in him that the Pens don't.

He was a polarising prospect for Pens fans due to his lack of results and the lack of forward prospects to get excited about, so those that supported him built him up to be a better prospect than I think he is, but his detractors made it sound like he was stealing a living as an NHL player.
Thanks!

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:09 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He was only a "blue chip" prospect because of the homer Amaheim writer over rating him. That's the only reason. Pens fans went with that laughable ranking because it was there. I don't blame them, but those of us who laughed at the ranking years ago when the Anaheim writer ranked him certainly expected this.
Wait what? Tangradi only gained notoriety around here after he was traded to Pittsburgh. Same with Gardiner, then Shultz, then whatever prospect is next.

His rating as Duck prospect was like a 7C.

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:12 AM
DuklaNation

Remember arguing on this board after his initial trade to PIT how overrated he was. Now traded for a 7th round pick just cements that opinion. Too slow.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:18 AM
PensFan68

While I feel some Pens fans were completely off on his value, I think the majority of the knowledgeable ones knew he wasn't worth all that much. Now, I would've surely said more than a 7th (I would've though 3/4), but I don't think the majority of us thought we were getting anything major in return for him.

I do feel with a chance he could possibly be a 2nd liner as his top potential now. He never fit in here, and never got a true shot. I think he'll more than likely end up in the bottom 6 though. Our bottom 6 just couldn't fit him because RS/DB love some other guys.

PensFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:52 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
I remember when this guy was close to untouchable.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:24 AM
luiginb

Somewhere near Siberia, Gillies is still laughing.

luiginb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:27 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Considering how ****ing awful Ryan Whitney was at the time of the trade, and has been for all but about a 50 game window since, Tangradi's development was never important in that 'landslide' description.

Kunitz by himself was a far better return than an already broken Whitney should have received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Wait what? Tangradi only gained notoriety around here after he was traded to Pittsburgh. Same with Gardiner, then Shultz, then whatever prospect is next.

His rating as Duck prospect was like a 7C.
Are we sure on that? The Penguins writers have generally been fairly stingy when it comes to handing out high scores. Evgeni Malkin was an 8.5B for crying out loud.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Honour Over Glory

Pens won that Whitney deal regardless of Tangradi making it or not, he was icing on the cake if he panned out, he didn't, so we move on.

Pens still have a 50pt winger that is rock solid at both ends of the rink. Ducks got Visnovsky and a 6th which then turned into 2nd.

So a 6th round pick, and a 2nd round pick.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:53 AM
Capathetic

The best part of this thread is seeing alot of penguins fans that would rather throw an excellent head coach under the bus than admit they were wrong.

The Tangradi/JVR thread is gold. Should almost be merged with this one. Link is broken though...so search for it.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote