HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kings - Islanders

Old
02-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
does this have anything to do with him not practicing?
Yes. Not allowed to use team facilities while suspended or be involved with the team.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:14 AM
KingPuckChoo
Go kinGs Go !

vCash: 550
dont the islanders already have 3 all-star goalies in Nabokov, Thomas, and DiPietro? how many do they need??

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:48 AM
LaddyBuck
One More Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
dont the islanders already have 3 all-star goalies in Nabokov, Thomas, and DiPietro? how many do they need??
As an Islander fan, they need one that shouldn't retire (excludes DP), decided to likely retire in slow motion (Thomas) or is nearing retirement already (Nabokov.)

Bernier could be pretty solid for eating games with quality results while shielding Nilsson and Poulin from getting rushed.

LaddyBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:58 AM
Fist of Fury
Wang Chung

I don't care what Islanders do, but FFS get rid of Okposo, Reasoner & Streit. Bailey can go too...

I hope Snow somehow could manage to acquire top4 dman (who's not a rental or close to 35 softie who can't play defense) + a goalie

Bring up Niederreiter! He should take Okpostos place.

We should've fire Snow and hire Kekalainen as our new GM, he at least has some respect around the league and actually knows what he's doing.

Moving to Brooklyn couldn't come any sooner, but will things actually change If WangDPSnow are still part of this organization, I doubt so.

Fist of Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:31 AM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Mark Streit was an all-star. He hasn't played at that level in 2 seasons. He's also only signed through this season and will be a rental.

Loads of potential is someone like Strome. Okposo has the potential to be a good 2nd liner.

I think it's a pretty fair deal..maybe a pick here or there to even out, certainly not a 2nd rounder. Picks are much more valued these days, they aren't just throw ins with the cap world. unless we're talking a 6th or something like that.
Streit is still very good. Doesn't make a fortune and can really help a contender. Legit first D pairing no question. Okposo does have a lot of potential so think what you want. idgaf

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:47 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Streit is very good but how long will that last. The Kings are in a winning mode now but Streit is 35 years old already. JB for Streit, I would not do it if I was Dean.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:24 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
get
Bernier
Forbort
2nd Round Pick

get
Okposo
Streit
I like your atempt but no.
Streit is a UFA after this season and will be on a 35+ contract. With Hickey gone, Scuderi being UFA and Mitchell & Greene having IR problems I don't think we can afford to lose a defensive prospect like Forbort.

Minor Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 06:55 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPuckChoo View Post
What they need?

1.For DiPietro to retire or be bought out, so they can turn the page on him.

2, For Thomas to stay home or commit to playing a full season for the isles next season.
According to a Katie Strang tweet, the Isles have reached out to TT. I'm hoping they're trying convincing him to play a full season, rather then spilt 37 games with Nabby this season.

3.For one of Poulin/Nilson/Koskenin to stake claim to the #2 spot and be mentored by either Nabby or Thomas next season.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Felix Unger
formerly Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Maybe we are seeing a different Striet (in how he looks this season and looked last season too). I like him but just think that for some reason he isn't the same player at all that he used to be. I do like the idea of picking up a pending FA and really haven't considered another PMD type (of course I still believe that if we were to pick a truly solid SAH D that all of our O from D woes would go away). I don't know. I think our PP troubles are more the result of our having just ten games with a new PP coach who preaches the polar opposite of what Kompan has done for the past few years.

Like I said, I agree with your reasoning and you could just as easily be right as I could, I am just not sold on Striet so that colors my opinion. He is good but I don't know if he is the right guy.

It would be nice to get him and Nino to the team and see what happens.
You're right that Streit isn't the same guy he was 2 years ago, especially in his own zone. However, he is one of the best in the league at PP zone entry/setup. Look how successful the Isles' powerplay is, and realize that this is all done with Boyes and Moulson being consistently overmatched in puck battles. The PP unit basically needs a clean entry w/o dump and chase to set up shop.

I haven't watched the King's PP, but if what you need is clean zone-entries, Mark Streit is your man... If not, then not.

Overall, I think the Isles D for Kings G idea has a lot of merit. The other player I could see being useful to the Kings is that former King, Matt Moulson. He's the other dude that makes the Isles PP good, as he's one of the surest finishers around. The only way I would make that deal, however, is if I knew I had a top-6 winger with size coming from somewhere (not necessarily LA - I don't want Penner).

Cheers,

Dan-o

Felix Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:21 AM
Felix Unger
formerly Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
2, For Thomas to stay home or commit to playing a full season for the isles next season.
According to a Katie Strang tweet, the Isles have reached out to TT. I'm hoping they're trying convincing him to play a full season, rather then spilt 37 games with Nabby this season.
Tim Thomas, playing for the lowly Islanders, in the media capital of the world will never ever happen. Nobody much cares about hockey, and he will get incessantly badgered about politics. I think the idea of him playing for the Isles is a patently silly notion.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
02-14-2013, 07:30 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Tim Thomas, playing for the lowly Islanders, in the media capital of the world will never ever happen. Nobody much cares about hockey, and he will get incessantly badgered about politics. I think the idea of him playing for the Isles is a patently silly notion.

Cheers,

Dan-o
I can understand not wanting to play for the lowly Isles, but Nassau County is the media capital of the world?

The isles have 1 full time beatwriter and several good bloggers.

No matter what team Thomas plays for, he will be badgered about politics by both the local press and the out of town press.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:42 AM
HyeDray

Back to the original proposal it is not bad.

Tough for the Isles to give up their captain and top d-man. But this is too good to pass up for the Islanders. We would add a very good prospect and replace the 2nd round pick we lost in the Visnovsky deal. Bernier might be a bit of a gamble, because he has limited experience in the NHL, but it is a risk I would take.

Forbort adds size which the Isles need, and certainly projects inside the top 4 perhaps as soon as they get him here, certainly it seems for next season. The Isles size prospects on the blueline like Mayfield and Reinhart are still a few seasons out at best.

My guess is that the Kings may want more or they would take the 2nd round pick off the table. But this would be a solid deal I think for both sides. Streit has enough to his game left, I could see the Kings retaining him without too much difficulty. Okposo is young and good for the 45-55 point range albeit a bit streaky.

If I am Snow this is a done deal!

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:57 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
What they need?

Well, the Isles have the option of not tolling his contract for next year, they aren't paying him right now and his cap hit helps them. I don't see why they would try and convince him to play this year.

My bigger fear is that they are trying to convince him to do the same thing next year so that they can pull the same salary cap crap next year.

Quote:

Cheers,

Dan-o
I don't see why politics would matter. Nassau is actually pretty conservative and the Isles have no media following anyway. I certainly think it would be a lot easier than playing for Boston.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:44 AM
steveat

What would it take to get Dustin Brown off your hands? If Isles do a trade it'll be for a top 6 centre or Right winger.

Streit, Nabby, Nino, (maybe a pick too?) for Brown and Bernier?

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveat View Post
What would it take to get Dustin Brown off your hands? If Isles do a trade it'll be for a top 6 centre or Right winger.

No, thats not even close. You're not going to like the asking price...

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Felix Unger
formerly Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
I don't see why politics would matter. Nassau is actually pretty conservative and the Isles have no media following anyway. I certainly think it would be a lot easier than playing for Boston.
It's not the content of Thomas's claims, it's the fact he sticks his neck out at all. The WSJ/Nytimes/Post/Daily News will make a point to report on it (Newsday won't). Prickly guy with strong views who doesn't want to talk to the media? That's love from a media point of view. Again, the content of his politics doesn't make much difference.

This won't be done by 'regular' media that's around the team, of course.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
02-14-2013, 10:13 AM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Well, the Isles have the option of not tolling his contract for next year, they aren't paying him right now and his cap hit helps them. I don't see why they would try and convince him to play this year.

My bigger fear is that they are trying to convince him to do the same thing next year so that they can pull the same salary cap crap next year.

Nassau is Republican, not Conservative. There is a difference. Nassau County has the HIGHEST property taxes in the country per assessed value, that is not conservative.

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:54 AM
steveat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
No, thats not even close. You're not going to like the asking price...
I honestly have no idea what the needs are for the Kings. We have a boatload of prospects as you know and a bottleneck as far as mid-six / bottom 9 are concerned. Our issue is that we do not have a top3 right wing for JT. This is why I am thinking Brown. Seriously...we got prospects falling over each other trying to get a spot. Thank god some of them are taking a bit longer to develop or we'd have a really serious traffic jam.

I thought you guys were pretty stocked on D?

What do the Kings need?

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:26 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
Back to the original proposal it is not bad.

Tough for the Isles to give up their captain and top d-man. But this is too good to pass up for the Islanders. We would add a very good prospect and replace the 2nd round pick we lost in the Visnovsky deal. Bernier might be a bit of a gamble, because he has limited experience in the NHL, but it is a risk I would take.

Forbort adds size which the Isles need, and certainly projects inside the top 4 perhaps as soon as they get him here, certainly it seems for next season. The Isles size prospects on the blueline like Mayfield and Reinhart are still a few seasons out at best.

My guess is that the Kings may want more or they would take the 2nd round pick off the table. But this would be a solid deal I think for both sides. Streit has enough to his game left, I could see the Kings retaining him without too much difficulty. Okposo is young and good for the 45-55 point range albeit a bit streaky.

If I am Snow this is a done deal!
Forbert will not be traded. King have invested alot in him and hes still at least 3 years from his debut. I think we re in it with him for the long haul. He is penciled in to replace mitchell and play at least top four mins. I would be very surprised if he gets traded till at least he plays a game or two in the nhl
Next the second will not and cannot be traded cause la has no first and i doubt they want to wait till the 3rd round for there first pick so sorry no 2nd.

Hence may counter of Striet Okposo Nabokov ( hes more or less a throw in so u dont have 4 goalies on the roster) for penner for cap reasons and bernier

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:28 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:

Not happening we re in a win now situation and this trade makes us weaker.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:35 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Streit is very good but how long will that last. The Kings are in a winning mode now but Streit is 35 years old already. JB for Streit, I would not do it if I was Dean.
I agree with this. If Bernier is to be moved, it won't be for a 35 year old soon to be UFA

ScoreZeGoals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
I honestly have no idea what the needs are for the Kings. We have a boatload of prospects as you know and a bottleneck as far as mid-six / bottom 9 are concerned. Our issue is that we do not have a top3 right wing for JT. This is why I am thinking Brown. Seriously...we got prospects falling over each other trying to get a spot. Thank god some of them are taking a bit longer to develop or we'd have a really serious traffic jam.

I thought you guys were pretty stocked on D?

What do the Kings need?
The Kings just won the Stanley Cup and their captain was a big part of that. You really expect them to move him for prospects?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Felix Unger
formerly Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I agree with this. If Bernier is to be moved, it won't be for a 35 year old soon to be UFA
If you want a younger player that is under contract AND to send Penner back in the deal, that will narrow the teams down pretty significantly. It's hard to imagine NJ taking back Penner. So that leaves... Toronto?

Hard to get a lot of value when there's not much market.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
02-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Nobody needs to take Penner back. He's on an one year contract.

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:49 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
If you want a younger player that is under contract AND to send Penner back in the deal, that will narrow the teams down pretty significantly. It's hard to imagine NJ taking back Penner. So that leaves... Toronto?

Hard to get a lot of value when there's not much market.

Cheers,

Dan-o
I belive the reason penner was included was due to the salary cap la has to send some money back. We would be picking up Striet 4.1 Kyle Okposo 2.8 and Nabokov 2.75 thats 9.65 million vs Berniers 1.25 La cant pick up 8.4 million simply not enuff room hense the reason we need to send penner back 3.25 more Penner at the deadline would net u a good package for a team that needs the upgrade with his playoff resume