Notices

Cap Space Moves...

Old
02-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

vCash: 500
Cap Space Moves...

With the availability, where do we all see the B's going with this? Do we pick up someone with bonafide talent? Or is it more likely that we are going to just pocket it to lock us some FAs?

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Cid

You will see a move a the deadline to better this teams playoff and Stanley Cup run. The player will likely be a rental and then the extra cap space will go towards signing the rest of the core of this team next year.

Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
You will see a move a the deadline to better this teams playoff and Stanley Cup run. The player will likely be a rental and then the extra cap space will go towards signing the rest of the core of this team next year.
Agreed but what are we looking at? Corey Perry maybe? Be nice if we could get a list going to.

I hate dealing in return for rentals. Difficult to value, difficult to evaluate rental players contribution, and you don't know if they will resign. It usually scares me. Then again the Kovalchuk rental wasn't too big a deal.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Agreed but what are we looking at? Corey Perry maybe? Be nice if we could get a list going to.

I hate dealing in return for rentals. Difficult to value, difficult to evaluate rental players contribution, and you don't know if they will resign. It usually scares me. Then again the Kovalchuk rental wasn't too big a deal.
Anaheim is in second place in the Western Conference and looking strong. They're not dealing Perry unless they fall off a cliff.

Look at bad teams with good players who have expiring contracts - www.capgeek.com is the place to go for that sort of info.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Anaheim is in second place in the Western Conference and looking strong. They're not dealing Perry unless they fall off a cliff.

Look at bad teams with good players who have expiring contracts - www.capgeek.com is the place to go for that sort of info.
Perry's is expiring and they have to sign Getzlaf still. Otherwise they are going all out this year and if they don't make it, they lose Perry in the offseason with no return unless they find a way to manage contracts here.

Old
02-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Morrow, Ryder (I know), Iginla, Hujduk, and Ribiero (I really flippin' know)...

02-07-2013, 11:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Pretty much. He's not for sale and if he were LOL at the price.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
Be interested in all of 'em except Morrow and Ribeiro. Not all at once, but in terms of themselves. Iggy's the one we all would like but the value maybe way too overvalued. Hejduk could be had for a second rounder I think. And don't hate on Ryder man!

Old
02-08-2013, 07:07 AM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Be interested in all of 'em except Morrow and Ribeiro. Not all at once, but in terms of themselves. Iggy's the one we all would like but the value maybe way too overvalued. Hejduk could be had for a second rounder I think. And don't hate on Ryder man!
I like Ryder and would trade for him in a heart beat. Shoots the puck as well as all most anyone in the league. The only problem is that his hands are attached to his body and sometimes Ryder can go missing...

Baddkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Jonathan17
Trollface!

Visnovsky. Give the Isles a few more weeks to fall out of the playoffs and they can trade a guy who doesn't want to play for them anyway. Helps the PP and can walk in the summer or go back to Russia (the league, not the country).

Jonathan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 07:52 AM
SupremefartMachine

Filppula. Because why not?

SupremefartMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:11 AM
KrejciMVP

puck moving dman or scorer, with only 3 goals in the last 2 games, it looks like scoring needs to be addressed.

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:13 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
puck moving dman or scorer, with only 3 goals in the last 2 games, it looks like scoring needs to be addressed.
it would have to be a guy who`ll accept a 3rd line role unless your thinking Chia`s moving anyone of the top 6 forwards? And as much as some here think there are many 3rd line players who can score.....I`m not so sure, we`ve been awfully spoiled here

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:18 AM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
it would have to be a guy who`ll accept a 3rd line role unless your thinking Chia`s moving anyone of the top 6 forwards? And as much as some here think there are many 3rd line players who can score.....I`m not so sure, we`ve been awfully spoiled here
Yes I certainly agree it has to be a 3rd line player, the top 6 are good for years.

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:23 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Gross

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:24 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Yes I certainly agree it has to be a 3rd line player, the top 6 are good for years.
As I suggested though, not as easy to find a 3rd line scorer as some think, let alone a 3rd line scorer who can play a system like Julien`s where defensive play is valued as much as it is, takes a well rounded player, not saying there isn`t at least one out there, I`m not as knowledgeable with players out there as many here.

I certainly like the luxury that PC has though with that space to at least be in any conversation

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:25 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:31 AM
mich25

Will the Bruins even do anything this year?

We have 2 players we need to consider resigning - Rask and Horton. Depending upon how they will do this year we need/ed Thomas's 5 mil to go towards re-signing both of them. I think we can all agree resigning Rask & giving him more $ (most likely) and a longer deal is in the plans and important. He is at 3.5 mil and will be looking for a raise I'm sure. I can see Rask getting 5 mil or close to that with his next contract? Horton will be looking for more $ too obviously, but how much is really dependent on how well he does this year. I think the B's will resign Horton. The players and team seem to really like him. Then we have Ference who I feel like Chiarelli loves and will probably want to resign as well, even though I wouldn't mind seeing him walk for the price he is currently paid.

So, I think like Chiarelli said this is a deal that will allow them to resign some players and make some moves if they need to. Nothing major I think this year, and possibly a bigger UFA signing in the summer?....

mich25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:32 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
I like Ryder and would trade for him in a heart beat. Shoots the puck as well as all most anyone in the league. The only problem is that his hands are attached to his body and sometimes Ryder can go missing...
Dallas seems to have a few guys that wil be UFA after this season, Jagr, Morrow, Ryder and Roy will all be UFA's. From reading Stars fans comments it appears that Morrow is now nothing more than a liability in their opinions, but Jagr, Ryder, and Roy are all guys I could see either as the 3rd line LW or in Ryder's case, the RW with Peverley moved back to the left side.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Fair Warning

Quote:
Yuck. Ribiero.

Someone like a Ryder/Morrow/Glenncross to round out the third line is what I'm hoping for. Anything else would be gravy.

Fair Warning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Fire Sweeney

Bouwmeester+Iginla for Boychuk, Kelly, Subban, Knight, 2014 2nd

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Paddington

Atlanta essentially got 2 roster players, a prospect and a pick for Kovalchuk. I would guess a Perry-calibre potential free agent would fetch around that much but, as somebody already mentioned, the Ducks are doing pretty well right now so I doubt they move him. I view Iginla as a notch below Perry at this point in his career. If that's the case, how much would he cost? A player (Pevs/Kelly???), prospect (Subban, Knight, Spooner????) and a pick? if this is strictly a cup run rental player type of deal I don't know how much that helps. Kelly and Pevs are huge in their 3rd line roles, not to mention on the PK. Iginla's price may be somewhat inflated becuase he has been THE FRANCHISE in Calgary for so long.

I believe Chia will attempt to see what he can get on the rental market without touching a roster player and use the money that was just made available to re-sign Rask and pick up a UFA in the off season (I lump Horton in this category). He hasn't shown the willingness to make a big name deal at the deadline - or maybe he has had the opportunity and felt the price was too high. Either way, he seems to prefer making his big moves in the summer

Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:44 AM
22Brad Park

I will go on record right now and say Bruins will be after Iginla.He is a UFa at end yr so they do not need keep him and has 7 mil tag ,but alot that be eaten by time a deal was done.It makes sence,I am sure Flames know they not winning it this yr and he getting up there,Give them a pick and prospect and do that deal for shot at cup.They have a shot now but adding him to top 6 be HUGE! He would be rejuvented by trade to better team for one good last run.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:46 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Atlanta essentially got 2 roster players, a prospect and a pick for Kovalchuk. I would guess a Perry-calibre potential free agent would fetch around that much but, as somebody already mentioned, the Ducks are doing pretty well right now so I doubt they move him. I view Iginla as a notch below Perry at this point in his career. If that's the case, how much would he cost? A player (Pevs/Kelly???), prospect (Subban, Knight, Spooner????) and a pick? if this is strictly a cup run rental player type of deal I don't know how much that helps. Kelly and Pevs are huge in their 3rd line roles, not to mention on the PK. Iginla's price may be somewhat inflated becuase he has been THE FRANCHISE in Calgary for so long.

I believe Chia will attempt to see what he can get on the rental market without touching a roster player and use the money that was just made available to re-sign Rask and pick up a UFA in the off season (I lump Horton in this category). He hasn't shown the willingness to make a big name deal at the deadline - or maybe he has had the opportunity and felt the price was too high. Either way, he seems to prefer making his big moves in the summer
Bruins do not have to give up any roster players to add type player like Iginla.They are in position of power not flames.They might lose him for nothing they do not move him,and I am pretty sure they do not want give him new deal at his age,If they do they crazy.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Danton Heineken
Unlimited Pasta Goal

Simon Gagne + Jarret Stoll (bad contract they want to get rid, compliance buyout) from LA would be a good option. That's if they don't want to pay the high price for Iginla, and I don't blame them.

Danton Heineken is offline   Reply With Quote