HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #13 -- Wed Feb 13, 2013 - Blues @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m.| NBCSN, TSN2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
  #226
Chevrier
Registered User
 
Chevrier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 506
vCash: 500
Bertuzzi, Cola, Smith, Mursak, Samuelsson, Helm are all out. Four, five guys out would decimate most any team. Give or take, Bert, Smith, Sammy & Helm would all be in the lineup for sure, Cola more than likely too. Abdelkader and Cleary up on the top lines are too simply have some size options upfront. Cleary missed a nice gimme' goal but again roll four lines til the game is tied up or we fall behind. The Blues are a big team and the size helps when taking them on.

Brunner got beat on the point because he was outpowered which led to the breakdown which led to the goal. Abby and Cleary are far from offensive threats but I think the gameplan is too simply have 'em get low and muck it out. We've been shooting from everywhere and Jake Allen hasn't looked all that comfortable so far seeing the puck and challenging shooters.

Chevrier is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
  #227
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office
 
WingedWheel1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: GPP Michigan
Posts: 8,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
How would you like it if you're trying to do your job and some punk jeered you for every little thing you did wrong? Wanna punch the guy? That's what I thought. You guys need to get off his case. I'm not impressed at all with his play, either, but good grief the guy wears the Winged Wheel.
The guy is awful at hockey. I root for the Winged Wheel and he is a disgrace to the sweater.

He deserves every bit of criticism dished out.

If i was as bad at my job as Cleary is, i would have been fired a long time ago.

WingedWheel1987 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
  #228
DeYarmond Edison
#fireholland
 
DeYarmond Edison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Metro Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 3,103
vCash: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
I you read any of the GDT threads, you will notice most fans are overwhelmingly negative on this board.

I would love to read more about positioning, background on players, good work being done out there that i don't notice because i only watch hockey (not play).

Constantly complaining about players is annoying... also its extremely fickle. Many of you would trade miller right now for a 6th rounder and be happy he is gone. I don't even want to suggest what cleary would go for LOL.

Anyway, more positive guys.
Sorry but I don't think thats accurate.

DeYarmond Edison is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
  #229
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Ponikarovsky back to the Devils.

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:32 PM
  #230
Flowah
#FireHolland
 
Flowah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeYarmond Edison View Post
Just got home from school, listened to the 1st in my truck. Some questions:

1. Was Tatar as good as he sounded
2. Did Cleary ruin multiple scoring chances? (heard "passes to cleary" and then nothing good after that)
1. Yes. His goal was great and he's played solid. Even delivered a pretty good hit.

2. He missed 2-3. One was a wide open net from a perfect pass. The second was about as juicy a rebound as you can get. Fell down a couple times for no reason.
Quote:
Constantly complaining about players is annoying... also its extremely fickle. Many of you would trade miller right now for a 6th rounder and be happy he is gone. I don't even want to suggest what cleary would go for LOL.
Some people are fickle. I've been lauding Miller since 2 years ago and have been all over Quincey's back since he came to the team last season. Also been patient with Big E when everyone else was ragging on him. I think I've got a pretty consistent record and good judgment. My judgment says Cleary is finished. He was good. Now he's not. Hasn't been good in over a year. He continues to not be good.

Why is he being given so much ice time for being not good?

Flowah is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:32 PM
  #231
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
I you read any of the GDT threads, you will notice most fans are overwhelmingly negative on this board.

I would love to read more about positioning, background on players, good work being done out there that i don't notice because i only watch hockey (not play).

Constantly complaining about players is annoying... also its extremely fickle. Many of you would trade miller right now for a 6th rounder and be happy he is gone. I don't even want to suggest what cleary would go for LOL.

Anyway, more positive guys.
most of us would pay another team to take Cleary at this point

I know I would and i'm typically optimistic as hell compared to a lot of people around here

ricky0034 is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:32 PM
  #232
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
I you read any of the GDT threads, you will notice most fans are overwhelmingly negative on this board.

I would love to read more about positioning, background on players, good work being done out there that i don't notice because i only watch hockey (not play).

Constantly complaining about players is annoying... also its extremely fickle. Many of you would trade miller right now for a 6th rounder and be happy he is gone. I don't even want to suggest what cleary would go for LOL.

Anyway, more positive guys.
Give it a rest already. What's up with all these control freaks?

The Nose is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:33 PM
  #233
rx7dryver
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 837
vCash: 500
Cleary is going to score tonight.

rx7dryver is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:34 PM
  #234
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,884
vCash: 500
I like Miller. He's a fine 4th line player.

Vladdy84 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:35 PM
  #235
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,823
vCash: 545
I like Miller.

SoupNazi is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:36 PM
  #236
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
What a hilarious post.

I'd get fired if I was as bad at my job as Cleary is right now.

And like others have said, the guy makes 2.8 million dollars, so yes, it's ok the punks jeer him.


Get a grip on reality.
If he was as bad as you guys said, Cleary would have been gone long ago. It's not a hard thing to get rid of someone who has negative value. Oh wait, this management sucks so badly we've been to the playoffs for 21 straight seasons and has done some amazing drafting recently. YOU need to get a grip on reality. Bashing people representing your team for every little thing he does makes you sound like you're a Philadelphia fan. Philadelphia fans suck and are not very intelligent. Is that what you want to sound like? Because a vast majority of you sound like Philadelphia fans.

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:37 PM
  #237
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Give it a rest already. What's up with all these control freaks?
I can say the same thing about you guys who keep cramming down our throats how awful management is, and how terrible X player is and if you don't agree with us you aren't in tap with reality.

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:37 PM
  #238
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,368
vCash: 500
Oh ****, Cleary and Quincey on the ice at the same time. Pretty sure the result will be a wormhole that will end the world as we know it.

Harnessed in Slums is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:37 PM
  #239
Sameheda
Registered User
 
Sameheda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,223
vCash: 500
Datsyuk is like... f* this.

Sameheda is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:38 PM
  #240
ThankYouBasedGod
Registered User
 
ThankYouBasedGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
If he was as bad as you guys said, Cleary would have been gone long ago. It's not a hard thing to get rid of someone who has negative value. Oh wait, this management sucks so badly we've been to the playoffs for 21 straight seasons and has done some amazing drafting recently. YOU need to get a grip on reality. Bashing people representing your team for every little thing he does makes you sound like you're a Philadelphia fan. Philadelphia fans suck and are not very intelligent. Is that what you want to sound like? Because a vast majority of you sound like Philadelphia fans.
Cleary still sucks bro and your complaining about this isn't going too turn him into a good player. Not sure who made you the one who gets too decide who posts what in the GDT.

ThankYouBasedGod is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:38 PM
  #241
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
If he was as bad as you guys said, Cleary would have been gone long ago. It's not a hard thing to get rid of someone who has negative value. Oh wait, this management sucks so badly we've been to the playoffs for 21 straight seasons and has done some amazing drafting recently. YOU need to get a grip on reality. Bashing people representing your team for every little thing he does makes you sound like you're a Philadelphia fan. Philadelphia fans suck and are not very intelligent. Is that what you want to sound like? Because a vast majority of you sound like Philadelphia fans.
cool now we're insulting the intelligence of entire cities

but how dare we speak negatively about cleary's play am I right?

ricky0034 is online now  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:39 PM
  #242
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I can say the same thing about you guys who keep cramming down our throats how awful management is, and how terrible X player is and if you don't agree with us you aren't in tap with reality.
Yah because by saying that I'm telling you how to act. I'm done though, watching the game.

The Nose is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
  #243
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,368
vCash: 500
I really don't see any difference between Lashoff and Brad Stuart....other than Lashoff has been pretty much free of the fairly common Stuart brain fart. I like what I see from him and want him in Detroit.

Harnessed in Slums is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
  #244
theanomaly
Registered User
 
theanomaly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Trenton
Country: Canada
Posts: 252
vCash: 647
q does so many dumb things when hes on the ice. i dont even know which aspect to b**** about. lol

theanomaly is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
  #245
probertrules24
Registered User
 
probertrules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
The guy is awful at hockey. I root for the Winged Wheel and he is a disgrace to the sweater.

He deserves every bit of criticism dished out.

If i was as bad at my job as Cleary is, i would have been fired a long time ago.
Please let us know which number or game you will be playing in next for the Wings. Oh wait instead of being talented and dedicated enough to be a professional athlete you choose to post on message boards. Sorry if that is to harsh but some of these negative comments from people that couldn't last a second doing what these so called awful hockey players do is getting tiring.

probertrules24 is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:41 PM
  #246
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
I really don't see any difference between Lashoff and Brad Stuart....other than Lashoff has been pretty much free of the fairly common Stuart brain fart. I like what I see from him and want him in Detroit.
Stuart was much much better offensively.

The Nose is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:41 PM
  #247
last_sd
Registered User
 
last_sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
line changes are failing right now.

last_sd is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:42 PM
  #248
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThankYouBasedGod View Post
Cleary still sucks bro and your complaining about this isn't going too turn him into a good player. Not sure who made you the one who gets too decide who posts what in the GDT.
What is this BS? I even said myself I'm not impressed with Cleary. What I'm sick and tired of is the 5 pages worth of Cleary bashing every. Accursed. GDT. I get it. He sucks. Just shut up and watch the game.

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:42 PM
  #249
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,544
vCash: 500

The Nose is offline  
Old
02-13-2013, 07:42 PM
  #250
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,368
vCash: 500
Andersson playing the body and lays Stewart out.

Harnessed in Slums is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.