HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #13 -- Wed Feb 13, 2013 - Blues @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m.| NBCSN, TSN2

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Chevrier

vCash: 500
Bertuzzi, Cola, Smith, Mursak, Samuelsson, Helm are all out. Four, five guys out would decimate most any team. Give or take, Bert, Smith, Sammy & Helm would all be in the lineup for sure, Cola more than likely too. Abdelkader and Cleary up on the top lines are too simply have some size options upfront. Cleary missed a nice gimme' goal but again roll four lines til the game is tied up or we fall behind. The Blues are a big team and the size helps when taking them on.

Brunner got beat on the point because he was outpowered which led to the breakdown which led to the goal. Abby and Cleary are far from offensive threats but I think the gameplan is too simply have 'em get low and muck it out. We've been shooting from everywhere and Jake Allen hasn't looked all that comfortable so far seeing the puck and challenging shooters.

Old
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
How would you like it if you're trying to do your job and some punk jeered you for every little thing you did wrong? Wanna punch the guy? That's what I thought. You guys need to get off his case. I'm not impressed at all with his play, either, but good grief the guy wears the Winged Wheel.
The guy is awful at hockey. I root for the Winged Wheel and he is a disgrace to the sweater.

He deserves every bit of criticism dished out.

If i was as bad at my job as Cleary is, i would have been fired a long time ago.

Old
DeYarmond Edison
#fireholland

vCash: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinCookin View Post
I you read any of the GDT threads, you will notice most fans are overwhelmingly negative on this board.

I would love to read more about positioning, background on players, good work being done out there that i don't notice because i only watch hockey (not play).

Constantly complaining about players is annoying... also its extremely fickle. Many of you would trade miller right now for a 6th rounder and be happy he is gone. I don't even want to suggest what cleary would go for LOL.

Anyway, more positive guys.
Sorry but I don't think thats accurate.

Old
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Ponikarovsky back to the Devils.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeYarmond Edison View Post
Just got home from school, listened to the 1st in my truck. Some questions:

1. Was Tatar as good as he sounded
2. Did Cleary ruin multiple scoring chances? (heard "passes to cleary" and then nothing good after that)
1. Yes. His goal was great and he's played solid. Even delivered a pretty good hit.

2. He missed 2-3. One was a wide open net from a perfect pass. The second was about as juicy a rebound as you can get. Fell down a couple times for no reason.
Quote:
Constantly complaining about players is annoying... also its extremely fickle. Many of you would trade miller right now for a 6th rounder and be happy he is gone. I don't even want to suggest what cleary would go for LOL.
Some people are fickle. I've been lauding Miller since 2 years ago and have been all over Quincey's back since he came to the team last season. Also been patient with Big E when everyone else was ragging on him. I think I've got a pretty consistent record and good judgment. My judgment says Cleary is finished. He was good. Now he's not. Hasn't been good in over a year. He continues to not be good.

Why is he being given so much ice time for being not good?

Old
ricky0034

Quote:
I you read any of the GDT threads, you will notice most fans are overwhelmingly negative on this board.

I would love to read more about positioning, background on players, good work being done out there that i don't notice because i only watch hockey (not play).

most of us would pay another team to take Cleary at this point

I know I would and i'm typically optimistic as hell compared to a lot of people around here

Old
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:

Give it a rest already. What's up with all these control freaks?

Old
02-13-2013, 07:33 PM
rx7dryver

Cleary is going to score tonight.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

I like Miller. He's a fine 4th line player.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:35 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
I like Miller.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:36 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
What a hilarious post.

I'd get fired if I was as bad at my job as Cleary is right now.

And like others have said, the guy makes 2.8 million dollars, so yes, it's ok the punks jeer him.

Get a grip on reality.
If he was as bad as you guys said, Cleary would have been gone long ago. It's not a hard thing to get rid of someone who has negative value. Oh wait, this management sucks so badly we've been to the playoffs for 21 straight seasons and has done some amazing drafting recently. YOU need to get a grip on reality. Bashing people representing your team for every little thing he does makes you sound like you're a Philadelphia fan. Philadelphia fans suck and are not very intelligent. Is that what you want to sound like? Because a vast majority of you sound like Philadelphia fans.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:37 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Give it a rest already. What's up with all these control freaks?
I can say the same thing about you guys who keep cramming down our throats how awful management is, and how terrible X player is and if you don't agree with us you aren't in tap with reality.

Old
Harnessed in Slums

Oh ****, Cleary and Quincey on the ice at the same time. Pretty sure the result will be a wormhole that will end the world as we know it.

Old
Sameheda

Datsyuk is like... f* this.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:38 PM
ThankYouBasedGod

Quote:
If he was as bad as you guys said, Cleary would have been gone long ago. It's not a hard thing to get rid of someone who has negative value. Oh wait, this management sucks so badly we've been to the playoffs for 21 straight seasons and has done some amazing drafting recently. YOU need to get a grip on reality. Bashing people representing your team for every little thing he does makes you sound like you're a Philadelphia fan. Philadelphia fans suck and are not very intelligent. Is that what you want to sound like? Because a vast majority of you sound like Philadelphia fans.
Cleary still sucks bro and your complaining about this isn't going too turn him into a good player. Not sure who made you the one who gets too decide who posts what in the GDT.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:38 PM
ricky0034

Quote:
cool now we're insulting the intelligence of entire cities

but how dare we speak negatively about cleary's play am I right?

Old
02-13-2013, 07:39 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
I can say the same thing about you guys who keep cramming down our throats how awful management is, and how terrible X player is and if you don't agree with us you aren't in tap with reality.
Yah because by saying that I'm telling you how to act. I'm done though, watching the game.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Harnessed in Slums

I really don't see any difference between Lashoff and Brad Stuart....other than Lashoff has been pretty much free of the fairly common Stuart brain fart. I like what I see from him and want him in Detroit.

Old
theanomaly

vCash: 647
q does so many dumb things when hes on the ice. i dont even know which aspect to b**** about. lol

Old
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
The guy is awful at hockey. I root for the Winged Wheel and he is a disgrace to the sweater.

He deserves every bit of criticism dished out.

If i was as bad at my job as Cleary is, i would have been fired a long time ago.
Please let us know which number or game you will be playing in next for the Wings. Oh wait instead of being talented and dedicated enough to be a professional athlete you choose to post on message boards. Sorry if that is to harsh but some of these negative comments from people that couldn't last a second doing what these so called awful hockey players do is getting tiring.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:41 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
I really don't see any difference between Lashoff and Brad Stuart....other than Lashoff has been pretty much free of the fairly common Stuart brain fart. I like what I see from him and want him in Detroit.
Stuart was much much better offensively.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:41 PM
last_sd

line changes are failing right now.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:42 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThankYouBasedGod View Post
Cleary still sucks bro and your complaining about this isn't going too turn him into a good player. Not sure who made you the one who gets too decide who posts what in the GDT.
What is this BS? I even said myself I'm not impressed with Cleary. What I'm sick and tired of is the 5 pages worth of Cleary bashing every. Accursed. GDT. I get it. He sucks. Just shut up and watch the game.

Old
The Nose
#FireHolland

Old
Harnessed in Slums

Andersson playing the body and lays Stewart out.

Closed Thread