HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #13 -- Wed Feb 13, 2013 - Blues @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m.| NBCSN, TSN2

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 09:17 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
Cleary with more IT than freaking Val Filppula. Tatar with just 12 minutes. Danny Cleary is the Wings biggest problem.

Detroit played like a team that doesn't know how to win. We gave them that game.
THIS.

During one of Cleary's last shifts in regulation, Z and Nose tried to create a few chances and each time the puck squirted into Cleary's corner and he predictably lost each battle. Later during the same shift he could've easily squeezed of a Blues player in the neutral zone and instead he lazily swept at the puck with his stick. He is totally ineffective out there, it is maddening.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Kronwall standing there doing nothing on yet another GWG. Really getting tired of that.
Yeah, I re-watched that goal about 7 times to see if anyone else should have picked up Steen... nope, Kronwall just forgot he was playing defense again. His general lack of awareness inside the Detroit end is stunning sometimes.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:20 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Cleary and?
Think he meant Abdelkader.

Not necessarily "one of the worst in the NHL" right now, but surely "one of the worst when playing in the top six."

Old
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
THIS.

During one of Cleary's last shifts in regulation, Z and Nose tried to create a few chances and each time the puck squirted into Cleary's corner and he predictably lost each battle. Later during the same shift he could've easily squeezed of a Blues player in the neutral zone and instead he lazily swept at the puck with his stick. He is totally ineffective out there, it is maddening.
That's his signature move. Along with not finishing his check and if he does, he just runs slowly into the opposing player then extends his arms. Don't forget the classic turnover on the PP! Great move. Or the outworked in the corner or lazy backcheck!

Old
essbee

Babcock is terrible. Why is Tatar not playing more? Filp? Even Emmerton ffs! Call back Nyquist! Put Mrazek in net! Reward the players who plays hard and good!!!

It's been a couple years that I've hated on Babcock and thought he was ******* average. Why does he keep having a man crush on his terrible players. It's so frustrating.

On a positive note, Ericsson was incredibly good.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:21 PM
CloneHakanPlease*

And some people want us to trade prospects for Iginla LOL. This team is going nowhere fast without any adjustments

Old
02-13-2013, 09:21 PM
joe89

Maybe Cleary is manipulating the scoresheets to look better than he is? Official stats has Cleary with 0 giveaways and 2 takeaways, which is total bull. No one gave the puck away more than Cleary tonight.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by braille View Post
remember when babcock invited cleary to team canada's olympic camp?
Remember when Canada actually took Rob Zamuner to the Olympics?

02-13-2013, 09:24 PM
detredWINgs

Here's another beauty of a statistic:

Cleary - 4:46 PPTOI
Datsyuk - 4:40 PPTOI

Old
02-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Think he meant Abdelkader.

Not necessarily "one of the worst in the NHL" right now, but surely "one of the worst when playing in the top six."
Gator is a quality bottom 6 forward. Of course he has no business in the top 6. But at least he was working hard tonight and created a few chances.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:25 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

The Kronner and Lashoff pairing is not effective. The OT goal started with a brain fart by Lashoff and Kronner (again) missed his man in front and then proceeds to look the sky (again) in disbelief.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:26 PM
DeYarmond Edison
#fireholland

vCash: 83
Quote:
Gator is a quality bottom 6 forward. Of course he has no business in the top 6. But at least he was working hard tonight and created a few chances.
I certainly meant as a top 6 player. I know there's injuries but neither guy should be in the top 6.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:27 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

Quote:
I would've still preferred to see Tatar given the chance to play in the top 6 instead of Abby and Dan The Man.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:28 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

I am not even mad at Kronwall. It is what it is. The guy isnt built for this kind of responsibility.

Quincey and Cleary are awful.

Kindl had a miserable game.

Gator being in the top six and the PP is hilarious.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:28 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Maybe Cleary is manipulating the scoresheets to look better than he is? Official stats has Cleary with 0 giveaways and 2 takeaways, which is total bull. No one gave the puck away more than Cleary tonight.
That and the countless amounts of battles he loses. It really is becoming pathetic to watch. Apart from Pav, Z and healthy Helm, this team does not have a lot of players that are capable of coming out of a scrum with the puck.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:30 PM
BinCookin

I have a question.

What would happen if you had a scoring line of:

Tatar-Datsyuk-Filppula

And they play all "european" with very little hitting, and all fancy passing and nice positioning to create scoring chances.

How would they play on the boards?
Would the line get completely outmuscled?

I mean people keep talking about putting "size" on the line. But I honestly do not think it makes much difference. Abdelkader is big, and I could only imagine a more skilled SMALL guy out there with dats.

How big a deal is size here???

I understand size minimizes injuries. But on a play to play basis....

Old
02-13-2013, 09:32 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I am not even mad at Kronwall. It is what it is. The guy isnt built for this kind of responsibility.
He went from being paired with Lidstrom and Stuart for pretty much his entire career to Brian ******* Lashoff. Its the equivalent of a Rafalski-Lebda pairing, for christ sake.

Kronwall is not capable of being the #1 offensive Dman on this team all the while facing the opposition's top line forwards without a solid Top 4 veteran Dman next to him.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:32 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Lidstrom is retired and Cleary is still playing.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:34 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
The Kronner and Lashoff pairing is not effective. The OT goal started with a brain fart by Lashoff and Kronner (again) missed his man in front and then proceeds to look the sky (again) in disbelief.
Before the season began I doubt anyone really saw Lashoff as a factor for our blueline this year. It's probably a minor miracle he hasn't looked worse considering the amount of IT he is getting.

Maybe Babcock should go the safer route and have Huskins in there, but he should probably get some credit for going with the kids instead and seeing what we have.

Quote:
Here's another beauty of a statistic:

Cleary - 4:46 PPTOI
Datsyuk - 4:40 PPTOI
And? Cleary was on the top unit, and the six second difference is nothing. You could argue the the powerplay was ineffective, but it's been hit or miss regardless of who we've had out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeYarmond Edison View Post
I certainly meant as a top 6 player. I know there's injuries but neither guy should be in the top 6.
Four guys are out of our top9, though, at least two of them would be in our top6 - maybe three depending on where you put Sammy. Do I like Gator and Cleary getting 18 minutes? Not really, but you have to put someone on the ice.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I have no idea what happened after the 1st. The 2nd period was ****ing atrocious. Got a little better in the 3rd but all for naught.

I'm convince Cleary has pictures of Babcock and/or Holland. And my heart drops every Quincey is anywhere near the puck.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:36 PM
we like our team

maybe kronwall - huskins would work? idk probably not

Old
02-13-2013, 09:38 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Before the season began I doubt anyone really saw Lashoff as a factor for our blueline this year. It's probably a minor miracle he hasn't looked worse considering the amount of IT he is getting.

Maybe Babcock should go the safer route and have Huskins in there, but he should probably get some credit for going with the kids instead and seeing what we have.

And? Cleary was on the top unit, and the six second difference is nothing. You could argue the the powerplay was ineffective, but it's been hit or miss regardless of who we've had out there.

Four guys are out of our top9, though, at least two of them would be in our top6 - maybe three depending on where you put Sammy. Do I like Gator and Cleary getting 18 minutes? Not really, but you have to put someone on the ice.
The point is Cleary should get NO PP time...but not only is he getting 1st unit PP time, he's getting as much time as our top forwards.

And yeah. We have to put someone out there. Hmm....how about...the guy that scored the first goal? You know, that young offensive player who has 2 points in 5 games to Cleary and Abdelkader's 1 point in 13?

Not to mention. Miller, Emmerton, and Tatar have all looked more offensively threatening than Abdelkader and Cleary for the entirety of the season. Thats just downright pathetic.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:39 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

If Gustav Nyquist wasnt rotting in the AHL, i could at least sort of understand why Cleary is getting so much ice time.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:40 PM
DeYarmond Edison
#fireholland

vCash: 83
Quote:
The point is Cleary should get NO PP time...but not only is he getting 1st unit PP time, he's getting as much time as our top forwards.

And yeah. We have to put someone out there. Hmm....how about...the guy that scored the first goal? You know, that young offensive player who has 2 points in 5 games to Cleary and Abdelkader's 1 point in 13?

Not to mention. Miller, Emmerton, and Tatar have all looked more offensively threatening than Abdelkader and Cleary for the entirety of the season. Thats just downright pathetic.
Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of Emmerton but he's looking better than both of them.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:41 PM
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud

I'm tellin ya it's the Redden effect. He was scratched tonight and Blues get a win.

Closed Thread