HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #13 -- Wed Feb 13, 2013 - Blues @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m.| NBCSN, TSN2

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I have acknowledged that his play does not warrant him his spot on the roster
Quote:
When Cleary wasn't in the top 6, the teams was still performing at the same level.
If you're not careful while straddling the fence here, you'll end up feeling like Perron did after Mule speared him in the man region.

So, which is it? He doesn't deserve a roster spot, or the top 6 is the same with him as they were without him? The latter would indicate that he not only should be on the team, but SHOULD be playing in the top 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
So if you agree his play doesn't warrant a roster spot what are you complaining about?
This is the question that literally tens of Wings fans want answered (ok, tens is probably an exaggeration).

Last edited by Brick Top: 02-14-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old
02-14-2013, 07:50 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top View Post
If you're not careful while straddling the fence here, you'll end up feeling like Perron did after Mule speared him in the man region.

So, which is it? He doesn't deserve a roster spot, or the top 6 is the same with him as they were without him? The latter would indicate that he not only should be on the team, but SHOULD be playing in the top 6.
You're attempting to create something out of nothing. I'm saying it doesn't matter where Cleary is. The team has performed the same regardless of his horrible play, because one person's horrible play isn't going to drag everyone down.

Quote:
This is the question that literally tens of Wings fans want answered (ok, tens is probably an exaggeration).
Since you are too lazy to figure this out, I'll just say it. I wish for respectful criticism, with careful consideration of that person's playing history to be taken into account before hurling insults at him without restraint. I despise this constant nitpicking of every move made as if no one could do anything good. I detest the disrespect people heap upon the individuals that make up this team, when their good outweighs the bad. I'm not sure why this was so hard for you to figure out. It should have been simple. Respect is all I'm asking for. Respectfully voice your indifference and then shut up. No need for pasting it all over the boards.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:52 PM
DRWCountryClub

Jman, I think a lot of the problem people ahve with Cleary is the fact Babcock is playing him so much.

It's a huge problem when he's playing so poorly. Let him 'figure out his game' or whatever, but not in the top 6, playing with Datsyuk, getting 16-17 minutes a night.

Give him sheltered minutes on the fourth line, let him get some confidence and go from there. He was declining last year, and this seems to be a continuation. Babcock is failing hard dealing with this, IMO.

And trust me, I loved Cleary and what he did for this team, but the guy isn't Steve ****ing Yzerman, or Nick Lidstrom.

Sports is very much "what have you done for me lately" because having players that perform in the moment are what gets you wins. Not what they did two to five years ago.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:54 PM
The Nose

Quote:
You're attempting to create something out of nothing. I'm saying it doesn't matter where Cleary is. The team has performed the same regardless of his horrible play, because one person's horrible play isn't going to drag everyone down.

Since you are too lazy to figure this out, I'll just say it. I wish for respectful criticism, with careful consideration of that person's playing history to be taken into account before hurling insults at him without restraint. I despise this constant nitpicking of every move made as if no one could do anything good. I detest the disrespect people heap upon the individuals that make up this team, when their good outweighs the bad. I'm not sure why this was so hard for you to figure out. It should have been simple. Respect is all I'm asking for. Respectfully voice your indifference and then shut up. No need for pasting it all over the boards.
If you're tired of it then ignore the posters doing it. Telling them how to act isn't going to end well.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
I hope Cleary uses this argument if/when Babcock ever tells him that he's being moved out of the top 6. "Come on Coach... my horrible play isn't dragging everyone down, so I don't see why you should demote/bench me. Sure, Datsyuk is cursing at me in Russian all game long for my turnovers and inability to do anything with the chances he's creating, but nobody else is getting pissed, right?"

So, you don't think that they could be doing any better, even if they replaced a top 6 guy who you think shouldn't have a roster spot. Interesting, to say the least.

Quote:
Cleary's good in the past doesn't do a bit of good for the team, as it's his general sucking in the now that's the issue. Nobody is seeing signs of him turning it around either... turning it over to the other team, for sure, but not turning it around. Hence, there's no reason to play him in the spots he's getting.

I don't think the country club atmosphere you're apparently a proponent of is a good way to run a team...
Sure, Player X, you may be struggling and showing no hope for improvement, and you were terrible last year also. But you know what- you really came through for us years ago so we will reward you with ice time your current playing abilities in no way warrant. Hell, there may be another contract here for you if we continue to look at what you did in the playoffs years ago and ignore the present situation!

Old
02-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Frk It
Improve our defense

Quote:
Very strongly disagree, Cleary has dragged the level of play down tremendously with every line he has played on this year.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:41 PM
SoupGuru

JESUS ****ING CHRIST

Can we stop talking about Cleary for 5 minutes?

Thank you.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:52 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
Cleary or Hudler, it has to be one or the other.
Or Quincey!

Old
02-14-2013, 08:56 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Or Quincey!
You forgot about Kindl or Holmstrom!

Old
02-14-2013, 09:02 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

I cant believe nobody mentioned Hossa.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:05 PM
SoupGuru

Seriously, you guys are taking time away from trash-talking about Kronwall. Those are minutes we'll never get back...

Old
02-14-2013, 09:23 PM
The Nose

You guys forgot about the lazy mule.

Closed Thread