HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #13 -- Wed Feb 13, 2013 - Blues @ Red Wings - 7:30 p.m.| NBCSN, TSN2

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 07:22 PM
theanomaly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
I honestly think Cleary sucking is the closest this board has ever gotten to a unanimous opinion.
it certainly seems that way.

Old
Chevrier

Finally saw the Tatar goal now on the intermission. Wow, nice little exhibit of both skill and on the fly moves. Also nice to see some youthful exhuberance during the celebrations between Andersson n' Tatar.

Old
ricky0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
You guys are jackasses. How would you like it if you're trying to do your job and some punk jeered you for every little thing you did wrong? Wanna punch the guy? That's what I thought. You guys need to get off his case. I'm not impressed at all with his play, either, but good grief the guy wears the Winged Wheel.
if I kept getting put into positions I was dangerously unqualified for? meh

Old
02-13-2013, 07:23 PM
smurfyeah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
He must be new here.
Then it's cool then

Old
02-13-2013, 07:23 PM
ThankYouBasedGod

Quote:
You guys are jackasses. How would you like it if you're trying to do your job and some punk jeered you for every little thing you did wrong? Wanna punch the guy? That's what I thought. You guys need to get off his case. I'm not impressed at all with his play, either, but good grief the guy wears the Winged Wheel.
Correction, he is an embarrassment to the Winged wheel.

EDIT: Oh, and if I was making as much money as Cleary does, then someone could jeer me for everything I do, not just my ****** play!

Old
02-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Oh woe is Dan Cleary. He makes 2.8M, averages like 16 minutes a game, has 1 point and 22 PIM. Generally the worst player on the ice each game. Yet he gets top 6 minutes, PP and PK time.

Old
GoAwayDanCleary
DRW Country Club

Quote:
Tink i found yer problum

Old
Syckle78

Quote:
Leave Brittany alone!!!

Old
02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Good article. People should read this.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:25 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Enough of this BS, Detroit should be thrashing this St. Louis team but making stupid mistakes instead.

Demote Cleary, demote Abdelkader. Put Eaves or Tootoo with Zetterberg and Tatar with Datsyuk. Abdelkader has no business being on the PP let alone the top 6.

Give the guys who are actually playing well some IT.

Kronwall told Abdelkader to cover Oshie, but then completely forgets about Berglund. Howard should be moving across faster than that, but the team in front of him needs to get some composure with the puck. Each time they get a PP, they end up starting the play in their own end because they can't win the decisive face-off.

The Blues have lost confidence and have a rookie in net, put them under pressure for crying loud!

Eaves-Z-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-Tatar
Miller-Abdelkader-Tootoo
Andersson-Emmerton-Cleary (minimum IT)

Old
02-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Eastopia
Talkin' MaLarkin

vCash: 1095
Quote:
Daniel Cleary breathed in oxygen, that lazy useless piece of garbage.
I missed the sarcasm in this post and thought it just ooc of you until I read Vladdy's response. Cleary simply suck so badly that *that* seemed more reasonable than anyone, even you, defending him. It didn't even enter my mind as a possibility that someone could do that.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:26 PM
theYman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aar000n View Post
Power play kills Detroit's momentum
Yup I know. Amazing right? That's one thing I never thought the Wings would ever suck at.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:27 PM
last_sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Oh woe is Dan Cleary. He makes 2.8M, averages like 16 minutes a game, has 1 point and 22 PIM. Generally the worst player on the ice each game. Yet he gets top 6 minutes, PP and PK time.
What this guy said

Old
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Eaves-Z-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-Tatar
Miller-Abdelkader-Tootoo
I like it.

Old
GoAwayDanCleary
DRW Country Club

Quote:
I think you should try being a therapist.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:28 PM
ThankYouBasedGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Enough of this BS, Detroit should be thrashing this St. Louis team but making stupid mistakes instead.

Demote Cleary, demote Abdelkader. Put Eaves or Tootoo with Zetterberg and Tatar with Datsyuk. Abdelkader has no business being on the PP let alone the top 6.

Give the guys who are actually playing well some IT.

Kronwall told Abdelkader to cover Oshie, but then completely forgets about Berglund. Howard should be moving across faster than that, but the team in front of him needs to get some composure with the puck. Each time they get a PP, they end up starting the play in their own end because they can't win the decisive face-off.

The Blues have lost confidence and have a rookie in net, put them under pressure for crying loud!

Eaves-Z-Brunner
Filppula-Datsyuk-Tatar
Miller-Abdelkader-Tootoo
I wish this would happen as well.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:29 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastopia View Post
I missed the sarcasm in this post and thought it just ooc of you until I read Vladdy's response. Cleary simply suck so badly that *that* seemed more reasonable than anyone, even you, defending him.
I was poking fun at the nitpicking people go to bash their favorite whipping boy. They do this all the while forgetting he's fought through various injuries and posted 26 goals 2 years ago. Oh yeah... He's done a lot for this team. The moment his play drops off people want him to disappear into a dark alley in Detroit.

Old
DeYarmond Edison
got any whisky?

vCash: 400
Just got home from school, listened to the 1st in my truck. Some questions:

1. Was Tatar as good as he sounded
2. Did Cleary ruin multiple scoring chances? (heard "passes to cleary" and then nothing good after that)

Old
skinneh
#FireHolland

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
This. He is wasting a spot on the 2nd line.. any other player on the roster could do a better job even friggin Emmerton! I don't hate the guy but he has become useless. The moment he picks it up and stops sucking I will stop hating on him.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:30 PM
BinCookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
I honestly think Cleary sucking is the closest this board has ever gotten to a unanimous opinion.
I you read any of the GDT threads, you will notice most fans are overwhelmingly negative on this board.

I would love to read more about positioning, background on players, good work being done out there that i don't notice because i only watch hockey (not play).

Constantly complaining about players is annoying... also its extremely fickle. Many of you would trade miller right now for a 6th rounder and be happy he is gone. I don't even want to suggest what cleary would go for LOL.

Anyway, more positive guys.

Old
GoAwayDanCleary
DRW Country Club

Quote:
I was poking fun at the nitpicking people go to bash their favorite whipping boy. They do this all the while forgetting he's fought through various injuries and posted 26 goals 2 years ago. Oh yeah... He's done a lot for this team. The moment his play drops off people want him to disappear into a dark alley in Detroit.
Pretty much. He's useless out there. Good guy, useless player. This isn't a family, it's a professional sports team.

Old
DRWCountryClub

Quote:
How would you like it if you're trying to do your job and some punk jeered you for every little thing you did wrong? Wanna punch the guy? That's what I thought. You guys need to get off his case. I'm not impressed at all with his play, either, but good grief the guy wears the Winged Wheel.
What a hilarious post.

I'd get fired if I was as bad at my job as Cleary is right now.

And like others have said, the guy makes 2.8 million dollars, so yes, it's ok the punks jeer him.

Get a grip on reality.

Old
02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Run the Jewels

Quote:
How would you like it if you're trying to do your job and some punk jeered you for every little thing you did wrong? Wanna punch the guy? That's what I thought. You guys need to get off his case. I'm not impressed at all with his play, either, but good grief the guy wears the Winged Wheel.
Oh poor Scott Gomez, he was trying to do his job you know!

Old
Chevrier

Bertuzzi, Cola, Smith, Mursak, Samuelsson, Helm are all out. Four, five guys out would decimate most any team. Give or take, Bert, Smith, Sammy & Helm would all be in the lineup for sure, Cola more than likely too. Abdelkader and Cleary up on the top lines are too simply have some size options upfront. Cleary missed a nice gimme' goal but again roll four lines til the game is tied up or we fall behind. The Blues are a big team and the size helps when taking them on.

Brunner got beat on the point because he was outpowered which led to the breakdown which led to the goal. Abby and Cleary are far from offensive threats but I think the gameplan is too simply have 'em get low and muck it out. We've been shooting from everywhere and Jake Allen hasn't looked all that comfortable so far seeing the puck and challenging shooters.

Old
WingedWheel1987

Quote:
The guy is awful at hockey. I root for the Winged Wheel and he is a disgrace to the sweater.

He deserves every bit of criticism dished out.

If i was as bad at my job as Cleary is, i would have been fired a long time ago.

Closed Thread