HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils get Alexei Ponikarovsky from Jets for 2013 7th & 2014 4th round picks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2013, 12:44 PM
  #401
NJDevs26
Moderator
No more status quo?!
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 29,515
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
LaGreca?
Recco, whoever the update guy was. They just wanted to bust the guy cause he's a Devil fan from what I heard.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:52 PM
  #402
Devils Dominion
Make the Devils
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Great Again
Country: United States
Posts: 24,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Oh, he knows who he is. He was about 5 feet away from him when this happened.



I like the show, personally Carton is a million times better than him. Boomer ruins any allotted time they get to speak about hockey with his fanboy ********.
Look at that sea of blue jerseys that I can count on one hand.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:00 PM
  #403
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,690
vCash: 500
Somebody I know was near Boomer that game and spoke with him, said Boomer knew his stuff, loved the Devils aggressiveness, wished the Rangers had Volchenkov/a guy like Volchenkov

But some of the things he says on the air are pretty puzzling

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:11 PM
  #404
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 50,411
vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Somebody I know was near Boomer that game and spoke with him, said Boomer knew his stuff, loved the Devils aggressiveness, wished the Rangers had Volchenkov/a guy like Volchenkov

But some of the things he says on the air are pretty puzzling
You mean on air personas may all just be a big act?

__________________

Q: How do you think the unthinkable?
A: With an itheberg.
Richer's Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:18 PM
  #405
funetiklee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
“It cost us two players. He could’ve just stayed,” goalie Martin Brodeur said of getting Ponikarovsky back in a trade for two draft picks. “I think it’s great. I was surprised he left so fast. Free agency was only three minutes old and he signed in Winnipeg."

Cmon Marty you were supposed to blame losing those draft picks on Parise!

funetiklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:21 PM
  #406
PacManNJD
Legend
 
PacManNJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: 201
Country: United States
Posts: 18,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Oh, he knows who he is. He was about 5 feet away from him when this happened.



I like the show, personally Carton is a million times better than him. Boomer ruins any allotted time they get to speak about hockey with his fanboy ********.
Obligatory "SEA OF BLUE, BRAH!" post.

PacManNJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:26 PM
  #407
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Somebody I know was near Boomer that game and spoke with him, said Boomer knew his stuff, loved the Devils aggressiveness, wished the Rangers had Volchenkov/a guy like Volchenkov

But some of the things he says on the air are pretty puzzling
Ugh don't make me like Boomer for a damn second please.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:43 PM
  #408
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sign Sally and Tally
Country: United States
Posts: 40,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funetiklee View Post
“It cost us two players. He could’ve just stayed,” goalie Martin Brodeur said of getting Ponikarovsky back in a trade for two draft picks. “I think it’s great. I was surprised he left so fast. Free agency was only three minutes old and he signed in Winnipeg."

Cmon Marty you were supposed to blame losing those draft picks on Parise!
Marty didn't really say this I'm assuming?

EDIT - It appears he did say this. While being funny though.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:45 PM
  #409
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 24,017
vCash: 500
Why would you assume that lol he said it

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:46 PM
  #410
Rekker
**** the russians
 
Rekker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Broad Street
Country: United States
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
I was really looking forward to watching Loktionov on the ice too...

Rekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:50 PM
  #411
Emperoreddy
Moderator
King of Pirates
 
Emperoreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey, Exit 16E
Country: United States
Posts: 25,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Somebody I know was near Boomer that game and spoke with him, said Boomer knew his stuff, loved the Devils aggressiveness, wished the Rangers had Volchenkov/a guy like Volchenkov

But some of the things he says on the air are pretty puzzling
That is nice, but he picked out Volch of all the players?

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:29 PM
  #412
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sign Sally and Tally
Country: United States
Posts: 40,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Why would you assume that lol he said it
I wasn't taking into account Marty's smartass personality!

Loktionov coming up yesterday only to go back today tells me this trade was nowhere near finalized yesterday morning.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:30 PM
  #413
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I wasn't taking into account Marty's smartass personality!

Loktionov coming up yesterday only to go back today tells me this trade was nowhere near finalized yesterday morning.
This probably all went down after the Tangredi trade. Lou probably looked at the Jets roster and saw they would need to clear up a roster spot so gave their GM a call.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:32 PM
  #414
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist
 
MadDog172430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funetiklee View Post
“It cost us two players. He could’ve just stayed,” goalie Martin Brodeur said of getting Ponikarovsky back in a trade for two draft picks. “I think it’s great. I was surprised he left so fast. Free agency was only three minutes old and he signed in Winnipeg."

Cmon Marty you were supposed to blame losing those draft picks on Parise!
Never change Marty.

MadDog172430 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:48 PM
  #415
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sign Sally and Tally
Country: United States
Posts: 40,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
This probably all went down after the Tangredi trade. Lou probably looked at the Jets roster and saw they would need to clear up a roster spot so gave their GM a call.
That's likely what happened. We didn't even need to bring Lokti up until today or maybe even tomorrow. I doubt we bring him up yesterday if we had known Poni would be here later that night.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:06 PM
  #416
Emperoreddy
Moderator
King of Pirates
 
Emperoreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey, Exit 16E
Country: United States
Posts: 25,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
That's likely what happened. We didn't even need to bring Lokti up until today or maybe even tomorrow. I doubt we bring him up yesterday if we had known Poni would be here later that night.
Has to be that, makes really zero sense if this has been in the works for a bit. Unless Lou got pissed at his comments about not being good at wing, but I doubt that his comments really were innocent and not complaining.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:25 PM
  #417
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 23,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
That's likely what happened. We didn't even need to bring Lokti up until today or maybe even tomorrow. I doubt we bring him up yesterday if we had known Poni would be here later that night.
Which is what I pointed out(after a fashion) to DATW.


Had Poni not been available, I bet we would've seen Loki get his shot.


Now that this is a moot point, there's no need to have him up. It sucks for him but those are the breaks.....

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:55 PM
  #418
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
That is nice, but he picked out Volch of all the players?
He apparently likes Volchenkovs physical game because he thought the Rangers D could be more physical last season and also thought a guy like him would fit in well defensively especially w the shot blocking

I don't doubt Boomer as a good guy, but on the air he tends to come off as a big homer

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 03:59 PM
  #419
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sign Sally and Tally
Country: United States
Posts: 40,189
vCash: 500
It's good to have Poni back where he belongs. After all the speculating, and straight from the horses mouth, Lou did wanna bring him back all along. And he wasn't just intended to be rental last year. It also proves Parise is really just a self centered ***** too.

''Well I know I'm not gonna come back. They got 4 UFA's that could leave, because I'm holding them up? Who gives a ****! It's all about me! Maybe the fans will believe my BS about wanting to come back!''

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:02 PM
  #420
Feed Me A Stray Cat
Registered User
 
Feed Me A Stray Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,831
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
It's good to have Poni back where he belongs. After all the speculating, and straight from the horses mouth, Lou did wanna bring him back all along. And he wasn't just intended to be rental last year. It also proves Parise is really just a self centered ***** too.

''Well I know I'm not gonna come back. They got 4 UFA's that could leave, because I'm holding them up? Who gives a ****! It's all about me! Maybe the fans will believe my BS about wanting to come back!''
Parise was making one of the biggest decisions of his life. He's not at all self centered for taking 4 days.

Lou could have chosen to negotiate with Ponikarovsky. Parise didn't stop him.

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:02 PM
  #421
Bondys Champagne
Who dey
 
Bondys Champagne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lower-Saxony
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
It's good to have Poni back where he belongs. After all the speculating, and straight from the horses mouth, Lou did wanna bring him back all along. And he wasn't just intended to be rental last year. It also proves Parise is really just a self centered ***** too.

''Well I know I'm not gonna come back. They got 4 UFA's that could leave, because I'm holding them up? Who gives a ****! It's all about me! Maybe the fans will believe my BS about wanting to come back!''
And we did

Bondys Champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:03 PM
  #422
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
He apparently likes Volchenkovs physical game because he thought the Rangers D could be more physical last season and also thought a guy like him would fit in well defensively especially w the shot blocking

I don't doubt Boomer as a good guy, but on the air he tends to come off as a big homer
His interview with Parise during the ECF or SCF was nauseating.

Jersey Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:06 PM
  #423
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 24,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Parise was making one of the biggest decisions of his life. He's not at all self centered for taking 4 days.

Lou could have chosen to negotiate with Ponikarovsky. Parise didn't stop him.
I agree with you on this point. Not up to him to not re sign Poni. Kovalchuk took like a billion years.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:22 PM
  #424
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sign Sally and Tally
Country: United States
Posts: 40,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feed Me A Stray Cat View Post
Parise was making one of the biggest decisions of his life. He's not at all self centered for taking 4 days.

Lou could have chosen to negotiate with Ponikarovsky. Parise didn't stop him.
BS! He knew he was leaving. I'm tired of people sticking up for him. Either he lied to the Devils fans, or he lied to the Wild fans when he said ''I always knew I wanted to come home to play.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:34 PM
  #425
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 24,017
vCash: 500
I think he's a sellout and an ass but it's not like NHL13 and you pick a box.

At the very least he was going to bail and wanted to be sure Suter was coming with and that Minnesota's team was going to pay them both handsomely. Hell he might have been waiting for a bidding contest to make sure both got more money, who knows.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.