HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Joakim Lindström to Syracuse

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2005, 06:45 AM
3mta3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurcorerock
Should I be concerned about Zherdev being in the RSL now? I mean... he did desert his team, could it be fathomable that with contract restrictions to RFA's that he wouldnt come back to the states? or is this scare tactic that American media has me spewing about the impact of lower contracts in thte NHL?
I understand the concern, and I shared it when his playing arrangements were first announced, but it's been addressed many times by the Jackets. Where he is now isn't going to legally impact him playing here when there is an NHL.

If the season doesn't start on time and/or with NHL players then I'll start getting paranoid again.

Old
03-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Syracuse Crunch fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
I guess what is confusing me is how Lindstrom is going to be on the roster and that Zherdev can not? Lindstrom is not on the Clear Day roster. Anyone know how he can be playing with Syracuse?
Lindstrom hasn't arrived yet and isn't listed on the roster so this is just a guess. But he probably signed a PTO (professional try out) contract. It's fairly common for the Crunch to sign folks for the last 10-15 games. They did it with Motzko two years ago, Mauldin and a few other last year, etc. Since he's not on the clear day he won't be on the playoff roster, but he can be on the roster until then.

Old
03-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
Lindstrom made it somehow why not Zherdev? Is he on Syracuse Clear Day roster?
As it was mentoned above, they need special permission from the Sweedish Hockey Federation.And I dont think the Blue Jackets are on the best terms with the Russian Hockey Federation after what happened last year with Zherdev.

03-19-2005, 01:34 PM
futurcorerock

Send a message via AIM to futurcorerock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow
As it was mentoned above, they need special permission from the Sweedish Hockey Federation.And I dont think the Blue Jackets are on the best terms with the Russian Hockey Federation after what happened last year with Zherdev.
RSL threatened not to participate in the NHL/IIHF agreement, which in turn means the IIHF would offer no agreement without the consent of every club... messy indeed.

But Zherdev's worth it

Old
03-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Petey21

From the official Crunch site:

Quote:
The Syracuse Crunch announced today that they have signed center Joakim Lindstrom to a amateur try-out contract. The team also announced that defenseman Jason Beckett was reassigned to Pensacola (ECHL) and left wing Yuri Moscevsky was released from his professional try-out contract.
What is the difference between an amateur try-out contract and a professional try-out contract, anyone knows?

Old
03-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
My guess is that since Moscevsky was a pro previous to his contract, that's the term, and since Lindstrom hasn't played pro in NA before, that's the term. I know that Lindstrom can't play in playoff games.

Old
03-21-2005, 09:16 PM
King Blazer

Lindstrom is listed on the Syracuse roster and his addition is in the transactions section at the AHL web site. It's listed as signing an ATO. I think this would make him eligible to be added to the Clear Day Roster...

link: http://www.theahl.com/AHLStatistics0...nsactions.html

Old
03-26-2005, 03:18 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Send a message via ICQ to Robertsson 4-ever
Lindström played his first game tonight, did anyone see him or have any reports? He didn't register any points or shots on goal, and it would be interesting to hear on what linehe played and how much icetime he recieved.

Old
03-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

I'm guessing he was probably on a lower line, the coach doesn't like to play young players too often. I bet he'll be brought along slowly. If anyone was at the game and could fill us in on how he looked, that'd be great.

Old
03-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Lindstrom scored his first AHL goal early in the second period tonight. He missed on his try in the shootout, but it didn't matter in the end since the Crunch won anyway.

Old
03-31-2005, 08:03 AM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Oz
Lindstrom scored his first AHL goal early in the second period tonight. He missed on his try in the shootout, but it didn't matter in the end since the Crunch won anyway.

Old
03-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Oz
Great. Hope he continues to produce.

Old
03-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Rediscoveryx

Has he said anything about where he's going to play next year? If I'm not mistaken he's a native of Skellefteå so if he's going to play in the SEL it would be nice to see him at Isstadion.

Old
04-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Two new goals from Lindström!

Old
04-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Robertsson 4-ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rediscoveryx
Has he said anything about where he's going to play next year? If I'm not mistaken he's a native of Skellefteå so if he's going to play in the SEL it would be nice to see him at Isstadion.
I think he'd contuine in Syracuse, but rumors have also placed him in Timrå.

Closed Thread