HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Sens

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Til the End of Time

vCash: 500
also i dont care how many "amazing" saves fleury made, those two goals were terrible.

every goalie in this league is talented. every goalie can make highlight reel saves. what makes a goalie stand out from the very large cluster of average goaltenders is consistency.

a lack of consistency is why craig anderson isnt a star. same thing goes for fleury.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:07 PM
SomeDude

+Cooke trying to give Neil's stick to fans after he was mauled.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

+ Neal/Geno
+ Cooke with Neal & Geno
+ Despres
+ Letang & Niskanen back in the line-up, even if they didn't have the greatest game.
+ Power play looking decent
+ Sid

= Fleury
= Martin. Bad game but it's his first clunker of the year and he's doing a great job on the PP.

- Drop passes to nobody
- Karlsson's injury. I don't believe it was intentional but I hate seeing something like that happen.
- Main board "experts" who likely didn't even see the play howling about Cooke intentionally hurting Karlsson. I can understand Sens fans being upset but the histrionics from everyone else are tiresome.
- Chris Neil. Always and forever a minus.
- McLean's distractingly asymmetrical mustache. Clean that **** up.
- Robert Bortuzzo sitting.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:08 PM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
Not even close...
Bertuzzi chased Moore around, caught him with a big punch and rode him down.

Neil chased Cooke around, hacking at him and clocked him when he got the chance.

Pretty similar though obviously different results.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Medic412
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhindian View Post
He also made an amazing save on Alfie alone in front.

If Alfie was half the player he used to be he would have been able to shelf it. SAD

Old
02-13-2013, 09:10 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Why are people down on Fleury? sure, he allowed a fluke goal from behind the net in (moved his leg at the LAST second), and the other goal which was not good, but he made alot of big saves. Although his rebound controll is not the best.
Yeah, that's what I said. Second goal was weak, first goal happens from time to time and sucks, but is tough to avoid for any goalie. Other than that he was pretty terrific.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:11 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Quote:
Why are people down on Fleury? sure, he allowed a fluke goal from behind the net in (moved his leg at the LAST second), and the other goal which was not good, but he made alot of big saves. Although his rebound controll is not the best.
Because this fan page has the most unsatisfied group of fans in hockey. If we win the Stanley Cup this year, this page is going to have people mad because that means Fleury and Bylsma will be around longer. They would rather see us lose and say "I told you so", than to win and be happy

Old
02-13-2013, 09:11 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
also i dont care how many "amazing" saves fleury made, those two goals were terrible.

every goalie in this league is talented. every goalie can make highlight reel saves. what makes a goalie stand out from the very large cluster of average goaltenders is consistency.

a lack of consistency is why craig anderson isnt a star. same thing goes for fleury.
Alot of goalies don't become good untill their in their 30's aswell. Some can have consistency younger too though.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Jaded-Fan

Are Neil and the Sens' coach looking at a game?

46.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12) shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.

When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.

No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26336

Old
02-13-2013, 09:15 PM
KaylaJ
I like stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockmaster View Post
- Bryan Murray

Yo Bryan, say it. Don't spray it. Is there a GM in the NHL that acts like a bigger baby than this guy?
Is he an expert?...

Seriously though I hope Karlsson is OK. You hate to see that happen to any player. Also, I can understand Sens fans reactions right now, hell, I'm sure plenty of us went off the deep end when Steckle hit Crosby or Staal got cut by Subban.

As for the rest, I wish we shot a bit more on the PP, the passes can be annoying, and I'll also give Fleury a =. The 2nd goal wasn't exactly pretty, but he's not the only Penguin to have a brain fart after the other team scores.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:15 PM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Because this fan page has the most unsatisfied group of fans in hockey. If we win the Stanley Cup this year, this page is going to have people mad because that means Fleury and Bylsma will be around longer. They would rather see us lose and say "I told you so", than to win and be happy
What a radically bizarre statement.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Because on these boards it's shutout or minus for MAF.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:19 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
why was cooke's left foot in the air and behind karlsson's?

that was a strange play. i dont think it was intentional, but it's a rather suspicious play from a dirty player, kinda like subban cutting staal back in that habs series.

also about neal-cheecho... its not really a diss. neal is a leach, but an excellent one.

and before playing with thornton, cheecho had a 28 goal season, slightly more than neal ever did in dallas.
I was watching the TSN feed. After the game they cut to their panel, Duthie (I think) announced Karlsson had a lacerated achilles and would require surgery, out indefinitely. Then he asked something along the lines of 'If it was anybody other than Matt Cooke would there be all this outrage?'.

Guy beside of him said that it looked like Cooke was getting his knee between his legs to pin him but when the hit the boards the jarring caused his foot to slip.

Bobby Mac said most of the GM's etc that he polled thought it was an accident.

Old
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Iron Proficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
Is he an expert?...
That is the perfect response.

Old
Polaris Husky
The North Star

-Kennedy. Time to send him off to live with Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster.

Actually, Bigfoot would probably be a better player on this team than Kennedy right now.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Dying Alive
Peanut Gallery

Pretty sure Pens fans weren't the most rational and unemotional bunch after Subban sliced up Staal. They just lost their best player, likely for the season. Of course they're emotional.

As for the political jab...yawn.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:23 PM
SteelFish87*

- Malkin, awful game

Old
02-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Fleury doesn't deserve a pass. If he did, Vokoun wouldn't be here.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:27 PM

Brian Murray is such an asshat

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib
Don't laugh about something 50 feet from Sens locker room (unrelated to game, by the way). Bryan Murray will tell you off. I just found out.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Pretty sure Pens fans weren't the most rational and unemotional bunch after Subban sliced up Staal. They just lost their best player, likely for the season. Of course they're emotional.
This. Add Steckel on Crosby or Myers on Malkin. Sure there is a lot of idiocy going when its Cooke, but our forum unfortunately would be little better if any.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:28 PM
You Like Boyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Are Neil and the Sens' coach looking at a game?

46.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12) shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.

When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.

No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26336
He didn't get a penalty for instigating. He also didn't fight. It was a double minor for roughing so no, no one is getting suspended.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

I don't care for Matt Cooke anymore. When he hit Marc Savard, he was one of the biggest impact players on this team. He was well worth defending and fighting for. Now? I could care less. You know why everybody here wants Cal Clutterbuck? Because we don't have Matt Cooke anymore...the guy who helped us win the Cup. This pansification version of Matt Cooke can leave via UFA this summer. I won't no part of him any longer.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Cardboard Orpik
Out 4-6 Weeks

+ Cooke. Best winger we've had on the second line so far (but still not the solution). Also giving him a plus for all the **** he is about to take for the Karlsson injury.

+ Vitale. For being Vitale.

+ Fleury. Maybe not a plus, but he's certainly not a minus. The first goal was just one of those flukey things that happens every now and then. 99% of the time that shot gets stopped but every once in a blue moon it leaks through. The second goal was pretty weak but Fleury made a lot of great saves as well and ended the night with a .931 SV%.

+ Neal. Pew pew pew.

+ Craig Adams. Great on the PK today, as usual.

+ Beau Bennett. Clearly getting the call up soon. Can't wait to see him play.

- TK. Slowly wearing down the sternums of every goaltender in the league. Maybe one day his master plan will pay off.

- The Karlsson injury. Absolutely horrible. I feel for Sens fans, I really hope he recovers and this doesn't affect his game. Having a player of his talent lose a step permanently would be truly tragic.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:30 PM
wgknestrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Fleury doesn't deserve a pass. If he did, Vokoun wouldn't be here.
Anyone else notice how few shots he controlled (caught/covered for faceoff) tonight? It has been something I've been noticing more and more with his play. The difference between him and Vokoun in this area is huge. MAF has to get better at trapping the puck. The rebounds are killing the team and hurting possession.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:30 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Neal's not a leach, he's a triggerman...there are a handful of players in the league with his release.

He may not be able to create much on his own, but he capitalizes on his chances way more often than most players because of his outstanding shot, which is lethal anywhere from the top of the circles down.
Yeah. Cheechoo: not a strong skater, not a good defensive player, not physical.

Neal: good skater, two-way player, hits a ton.

Neal just does a lot more than Cheechoo ever did.

Closed Thread