HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Montreal - Nashville

Old
02-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Dharvey33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Good luck with that one

Spaling and Eller are closer in value than you realize. From the descriptions above, they sound nearly identical, with Spaling being slightly better defensively with higher IQ, and Eller being slightly better offensively with better hands.
Say what you want but the habs would never trade Eller for spalling and the value between Eller and Wilson is a lot closer than the value between Eller and Spalling.

Anyway close this thread it doesn't make any sense for the habs.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Say what you want but the habs would never trade Eller for spalling and the value between Eller and Wilson is a lot closer than the value between Eller and Spalling.

Anyway close this thread it doesn't make any sense for the habs.
You can think what you want but you are wrong

According to the Habs fans in this thread, Eller is currently a 4th liner with 2nd line potential but will at worst be a 3rd liner.

Wilson is already a 2nd liner and showing signs of a legit 1st liner.

Spaling is already a 3rd line shut down center on the best defensive team in the league, and still has 2nd line potential.

Eller is definitely more valuable than Spaling, but he isn't close to the value of Wilson. I'll compromise and agree that all 3 are evenly spaced in value

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
You can think what you want but you are wrong

According to the Habs fans in this thread, Eller is currently a 4th liner with 2nd line potential but will at worst be a 3rd liner.

Wilson is already a 2nd liner and showing signs of a legit 1st liner.

Spaling is already a 3rd line shut down center on the best defensive team in the league, and still has 2nd line potential.

Eller is definitely more valuable than Spaling, but he isn't close to the value of Wilson. I'll compromise and agree that all 3 are evenly spaced in value
Wilson 2 season of 35 points while playing pp minutes and more than 15 minutes per game on the second line. 15 goals best season.

Eller 26 points best season while playing top pk minutes but no pp and playing on a 3rd line with travis moen and insert random winger here (palushaj, blunden, darche and i'm skypping some0
16 goals bets season.

Had Eller played on the 2 line and getting pp time he could have bent 40 points easily.

Plus they are the same age and hold similar potential when drafted.

Eller is not a 4th liner he starts game on the 4th line but ends up playing more than 13 minutes per game this year. He is improving on both sides of the ice.

So i'm sorry but it's not a stretch to say that Eller whose best season on a 3rd line is only 9 points less than Wilson's best season while playing on the second line. We both know how important the pp is 30% or more of the production of a player comes from the pp.

Spalling is not a bad player but he has not shown the same kind of potential than Eller plus he is older.

If they were putted in the same situation i doubt Wilson would be much better than Eller, they would be pretty equal.
And that's not a knock on Wilson, it's just that Eller is a good young player.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Wilson 2 season of 35 points while playing pp minutes and more than 15 minutes per game on the second line. 15 goals best season.

Eller 26 points best season while playing top pk minutes but no pp and playing on a 3rd line with travis moen and insert random winger here (palushaj, blunden, darche and i'm skypping some0
16 goals bets season.

Had Eller played on the 2 line and getting pp time he could have bent 40 points easily.

Plus they are the same age and hold similar potential when drafted.

Eller is not a 4th liner he starts game on the 4th line but ends up playing more than 13 minutes per game this year. He is improving on both sides of the ice.

So i'm sorry but it's not a stretch to say that Eller whose best season on a 3rd line is only 9 points less than Wilson's best season while playing on the second line. We both know how important the pp is 30% or more of the production of a player comes from the pp.

Spalling is not a bad player but he has not shown the same kind of potential than Eller plus he is older.

If they were putted in the same situation i doubt Wilson would be much better than Eller, they would be pretty equal.
And that's not a knock on Wilson, it's just that Eller is a good young player.
Wilson played the majority of last year (and all previous years) on the 3rd line or worse. Like Eller, he has spent the majority of his young career in his coach's doghouse. His and Eller's TOI was very similar last season: 15:18 vs 16:07. So I'm not sure the opportunity argument flies.

Eller did get 3 PP points last year, so your statement that he never saw PP time is false. Either way, a player getting PP time is not counted as a negative against him. That means he's good enough to play on it and his coach trusts him. Power plays are part of the game and you are just making excuses.

You want to talk about linemates? Wilson frequently played with the likes of Smithson, Halischuk, Yip, and Tootoo. Like Eller, he saw a variety of linemates, none of which were top scorers. He occasionally played with Legwand, who isn't known for his offensive prowess.

Eller is a year older and progressing slower. So yes, I do think it's a stretch to say they are similar in value.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Dharvey33

Wilson has 2 similar season he hasn't improved on the score sheet. Eller improved a lot from his frist season.

They are the same age and from the same draft year.

The coaches have a ***** for Desharnais even if Eller has been outplaying him this year. His time will come.

Old
02-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Wilson has 2 similar season he hasn't improved on the score sheet. Eller improved a lot from his frist season.

They are the same age and from the same draft year.

The coaches have a ***** for Desharnais even if Eller has been outplaying him this year. His time will come.
Eller is from the 2007 draft class. Wilson the 2008.

I'm not trying to bash Eller either. I too think his time will come and he has great potential. He's just taking a little longer to put it all together, and that no doubt hurts his value. Habs are better off hanging on to him.