HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Around The League LVI

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!

vCash: 50
Around The League LVI

Continue!

Twitter | HFBoards Contact | Youtube | Instagram| Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Old
02-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

vCash: 500
The insanity in Calgary continues! 6-4 Flames.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:36 PM
BrandonL

Sad to see Karlsson go down like that. Definitely one of my favourite players to watch.

Pretty much ruins any chances the Senators had of a post season run as well.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:38 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Definition of sad: watching Jarome Iginla grinning ear to ear after a reg season win in game 10 like it was a playoff game.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:43 PM
BrandonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Definition of sad: watching Jarome Iginla grinning ear to ear after a reg season win in game 10 like it was a playoff game.
Iginla has been a massive disappointment this season, doesn't even look like the same player.

Great asset management by the Flames, should have traded him a couple of years ago for a nice package of picks & prospects. Now you have to figure he's not even worth half of what he was.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:09 AM
ddawg1950

Don't mind Calgary winning occasionally. Keep them out of the lottery...at least the top five.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Jamie Benn!

Sad to see Karlsson go down, probably the most entertaining defenseman in the league, would've been right up there for the Norris again this year.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:37 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Sad to see Karlsson go down, probably the most entertaining defenseman in the league, would've been right up there for the Norris again this year.
Yes, I am glad that it didn't happen to us - so far (knock*3)

Old
02-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Hammer79

Quote:
He brushed off Rhett Warrener's comments too, said that he didn't think he had lost a step. I felt bad for him. Calgary was lucky tonight that Bachman played worse than Irving. That won't happen very often, Irving isn't ready to carry the load at this level.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:40 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
It's not playoff time yet...

Old
02-14-2013, 01:36 AM
gurfling

Man that's rough for the Sen's. I've watched that video several times and just don't see how Cooke could have done it on purpose. Sen's fans are upset, but it just happened to be Cooke who did it unfortunately. Pretty much kills their season.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:05 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

When it rains in Ottawa, it pours. Here's a list of players that are currently out with an injury for the Senators:

Erik Karlsson
Jason Spezza
Milan Michalek
Jared Cowen
Peter Regin
Guillaume Latendresse

If Ottawa can make the playoffs with these guys out, it's pretty much a Cup itself for them. I'll be pulling for them to win games now, just because it would be awesome to see.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:13 AM
aandbreatheme

^
They should just pack it in...

Been stuck in nostalgia for the last few days watching playoff highlights from 2011...

Old
02-14-2013, 02:19 AM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
We've never been lucky enough to have a fully healthy D core. So far so good....

Old
02-14-2013, 02:23 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
^

Been stuck in nostalgia for the last few days watching playoff highlights from 2011...
I think they should too. Get a good draft pick, and hope Karlsson is ready to go next year and then go for it. Would sure hate to see God errr....Alfredsson finish his career (if he retires after this season) because he team decided to tank.

Also, if no one got my God reference with Alfredsson there, if you have an iPhone and have Siri, if you ask it to show you god (or something to that extent, can't remember fully), it shows you Daniel Alfredsson and his picture with stats and whatnot.

I hate those days when you torture yourself to watching the Cup run. I've been there far too many times. However, I don't watch game 3, 4, or 6 of the SCF. Only watch the ones we win. I watch all of the highlights on Youtube of the previous series' though. Doesn't hurt as much now, but it still hurts.

Old
02-14-2013, 02:33 AM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Quote:
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
Iginla has been a massive disappointment this season, doesn't even look like the same player.

Great asset management by the Flames, should have traded him a couple of years ago for a nice package of picks & prospects. Now you have to figure he's not even worth half of what he was.
He's probably off to one of his better starts in the last few years.. other than 2 or so games he's been fine.. You can't expect him to play like he was in his 20s and running over people. He's 'setting up the play' so far rather than goal scoring. He'll catch fire soon enough.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:37 AM
Zanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
^

God dammit...

Old
02-14-2013, 03:40 AM
Balls Mahoney
Fair and Balanced

That's disgusting what happened to Karlsson tonight. Such a prominent young player getting injured in such a stupid way. Not sure if I can blame Cooke or not for it but I saw it late tonight in a bar and literally exclaimed a few obscenities when I saw it. Just an ugly thing to happen.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Proto

As I said last thread, you guys are out to lunch on Iginla. I'd pay a fortune to get him if he was ever available.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
That's disgusting what happened to Karlsson tonight. Such a prominent young player getting injured in such a stupid way. Not sure if I can blame Cooke or not for it but I saw it late tonight in a bar and literally exclaimed a few obscenities when I saw it. Just an ugly thing to happen.
Gillis should make all of his players wear those cut-resistant socks now. No excuse not to.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:45 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
As I said last thread, you guys are out to lunch on Iginla. I'd pay a fortune to get him if he was ever available.
I agree. The guy is a notoriously slow starter

Old
02-14-2013, 09:12 AM
PRNuck
Wow. What a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I agree. The guy is a notoriously slow starter
Rhett woke the heart of the lion god, everyone's screwed now :S

Old
02-14-2013, 10:36 AM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Always interesting to me how fans individual perceptions differ.

I have thought Iginla has been over-rated for the last few years.

He has produced points after his slow starts, but that is not what I was basing my opinion on. For me, his on ice performance has been, to put it kindly, less than inspiring.

He does not back check, he continually plays the cherry picking game by hanging around the opposition blue line and as for his leadership...well, I have seen far too many "must win" games for the Flamesthe last few years, late in the season, where Iggy has simply disappeared...and the Flames continually have fallen short of the playoffs.

Iggy does seem like a quality guy, full of character, but I haven't seen that translated to on ice performance for a number of years.

Like I said, individual perceptions differ.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
I agree that he could be that missing piece; but have a hard time seeing Calgary playing ball with us.

But if Iginla is tradable then Alfredsson can't be considered untouchable, especially considering Ottawa's situation right now... and he wouldn't cost us what Iginla would.

I honestly can't see him NOT retiring a Senator but a chance to play with the Sedins and be on a cup contender might be a move he'd consider.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:45 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Always interesting to me how fans individual perceptions differ.

I have thought Iginla has been over-rated for the last few years.

He has produced points after his slow starts, but that is not what I was basing my opinion on. For me, his on ice performance has been, to put it kindly, less than inspiring.

He does not back check, he continually plays the cherry picking game by hanging around the opposition blue line and as for his leadership...well, I have seen far too many "must win" games for the Flamesthe last few years, late in the season, where Iggy has simply disappeared...and the Flames continually have fallen short of the playoffs.

Iggy does seem like a quality guy, full of character, but I haven't seen that translated to on ice performance for a number of years.

Like I said, individual perceptions differ.
I agree. To me, he looks like Naslund at the end here. Just playing out the string and he has lost a step. The slow start thing is starting to wear a little thin. I really have enjoyed watching Iginla over the years and admire him but, IMO, he looks like he's lost the fire. It probably comes from carrying the team on his back for years without managment getting him a true number one center. That said, a change of scenery on a playoff team could do wonders for his last few years. He could probably thrive if he was not counted on to be the go to guy all of the time.

Closed Thread