Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How about next year

Old
02-13-2013, 11:24 PM
AtlSioux

vCash: 500
How about next year

The trades and complaints have prompted me to go speculative....

What I would like to see prior to the trade deadline and in the upcoming offseason:

Trade Hainsey for a high pick and prospect, Something like to BOSTON for a 2nd and Krug
Trade Little and his youth and low salary to a cap heavy team looking for cap relief. Maybe throw in a pick to get somebody like Ryan Clowe, David Booth or Nathan Horton. Or get high picks in return and give Schiefele a chance next year (possibly trade Hainsey and Little together).,,
Acquire UFAs Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf
Move Wellwood for a draft pick
Don't resign Mietteten
Use 1st round pick on a high upside scoring winger or center

2013-2014 lines:

Kane - Getzlaf - Perry
Ladd - Jokinen - Wheeler
Antro - Burmi - Clowe/Booth/Horton/Schiefele
Tangradi/Wright - Slater - Thorburn

Enstrom - Buff
Bogo - Stuart
Postma - Redmond/Clitsome UFA

AtlSioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:26 PM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
I want to know what the hell Mittens did in TC that caused him to be out this many games.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:34 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlSioux View Post

What I would like to see prior to the trade deadline and in the upcoming offseason:

Trade Hainsey for a high pick and prospect, Something like to BOSTON for a 2nd and Krug
Trade Little and his youth and low salary to a cap heavy team looking for cap relief. Maybe throw in a pick to get somebody like Ryan Clowe, David Booth or Nathan Horton. Or get high picks in return and give Schiefele a chance next year (possibly trade Hainsey and Little together).,,
Don't resign Mietteten

2013-2014 lines:

Kane - Getzlaf - Perry
Ladd - Jokinen - Wheeler

Enstrom - Buff
Bogo - Stuart

Don't think the Ducks will get both Getzlaf and Perry just walk away, lets be more realistic.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
I want to know what the hell Mittens did in TC that caused him to be out this many games.
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if his NMC and underwhelming performance last year has Jets management letting him realllllly take his time coming back onto the roster and taking up a spot. It's easy to let him sit out and pay him while keeping him out of the lineup. Otherwise I'm pretty sure he'd either have to play, take up an NHL roster spot as a scratch, or be bought out (which is less than ideal, preferably he just sits the year on IR).

Although IIRC he waived his NMC so they could waive him if they wanted last year...

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:37 PM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if his NMC and underwhelming performance last year has Jets management letting him realllllly take his time coming back onto the roster and taking up a spot. It's easy to let him sit out and pay him while keeping him out of the lineup. Otherwise I'm pretty sure he'd either have to play, take up an NHL roster spot as a scratch, or be bought out (which is less than ideal, preferably he just sits the year on IR).

Although IIRC he waived his NMC so they could waive him if they wanted last year...
He did. I believe he was quoted as saying, "I don't want to stand in the way of management making the team better."

Old
02-13-2013, 11:39 PM
AtlSioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
Don't think the Ducks will get both Getzlaf and Perry just walk away, lets be more realistic.
How would you feel about Hainsey and Little to STL for Oshie and a 2nd or prospect
And still acquiring Perry or Getzlaf if they aren't both resigned

AtlSioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post

Can't buy someone out in the middle of the season.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:45 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
How would you feel about Hainsey and Little to STL for Oshie and a 2nd or prospect

Yeah that would ok but why don't we just get Crosby or John Toews for Hainsey and little most of our problems will be solved. Crosby/Toews on first line, Getzlaf on second and Sheifs on third with burmi.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Snot Rocket

vCash: 800
Quote:

Don't resign Mietteten

2013-2014 lines:

Kane - Getzlaf - Perry
Ladd - Jokinen - Wheeler

Enstrom - Buff
Bogo - Stuart
I think the general consensus is Hainsey, love him or hate him is most likely staying unless he is going to test the market. There is a shortage of veteran defensemen and our young bucks that have just came up are good, but need some time to age and have guidance from a seasoned vet like Hainsey. Though if more top 4 defensemen go down with injuries, we may get a mint for Hainsey. Hainsey will surely be taking a sniff at the market if that is the case and I would hope they address the situation before we reach that point.

Wellwood will probably be moved if his game does not pickup this year, though the return may or may not be very good.

Mittens - we will have to see how long this injury is going to hold him out and how well he plays if and when he gets back. He was playing well at the end of last season.

Clitsome - Play is picking up, but was not very reliable for a stretch there.

This year may be great year for a team that is a seller, and I think that we are in a position to move a number of players with contracts that are coming up for renewal. As mentioned by others, any team that is in a playoff push will be looking to fill some gaps quickly, the less available stock, the better the return.
If we are not one of those teams on the cusp, I see the axe coming down and when KC is done, the sunshine band is going to look a lot different. I think we are seeing KC sharpening the axe already.
Noel seems fed up. His post game used to be WE this WE that, now he is saying THEY this and THEY that. Coming from a guy who likes to be like family to the players seems he might be distancing himself from the impending wing clipping.

Though this is all pure speculation on my part.

Snot Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Can't buy someone out in the middle of the season.
Good point, I knew that, never thought about it though. Whoops... so that really cuts our options down.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Why would St. Louis make that trade? They love T.J. Oshie.

Haven't heard any rumours about Perry's plans, but Getzlaf has been pretty open that he wants to stay in Anaheim. If either Perry or Getz do test UFA, they'll have 28 teams other than the Jets vying for their services, many of those teams perennial contenders rather than one still building up a core and prospect pool.

Will Chevy make a play for them? I'm certain he will if they go to market. Would either or both come here? I'd be shocked if they did. I always feel setting up scenarios like this just leads to disappointment.

We're not going to have a blockbuster team overnight. It will take awhile. Settle in and enjoy the ride.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:53 AM
sully1410

I love how people involve FA in their plans. All the Jets can do is make an offer...it's not like once they do that, said free agent HAS to sign with us.

Unless we make them an offer they can't refuse...godfather style.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 01:57 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I love how people involve FA in their plans. All the Jets can do is make an offer...it's not like once they do that, said free agent HAS to sign with us.

Unless we make them an offer they can't refuse...godfather style.
I'll get the horse...

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:00 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I'll get the horse...
I'll get the cotton balls to Chevy. My dad sees him through the airport quite a bit. Apparently he got quite a chuckle about me calling Noel "jolly old Noel".

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:02 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I'll get the cotton balls to Chevy. My dad sees him through the airport quite a bit. Apparently he got quite a chuckle about me calling Noel "jolly old Noel".
Get him to hire me to work stats! I'll work cheap!

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:13 AM
DespoticNewt

Quote:
Paid in fenwick dollars.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:49 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
I agree starting with the premise of landing both Getzlaf and Perry as UFA is too much of a reach. In the only hope of getting both of them is trading a big chuck of our core now for them and hope you can sign them before free agency.

Will never happen.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:04 AM
jiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
I agree starting with the premise of landing both Getzlaf and Perry as UFA is too much of a reach. In the only hope of getting both of them is trading a big chuck of our core now for them and hope you can sign them before free agency.

Will never happen.
They way things are looking getting Nathan Mackinnon may not be out of the possibility.

jiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:17 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Omg they will garret!

And we will have a lineup only with players that have good corsi and fenwick stats. And then we make the playoffs. And then we win the stanley cup and everybody will be freakin blown away. And then out of the blue, hollywood cares about hockey. And then they get Brad Pitt to play Claude Noel. And then they get Jonah Hill to play you. And then they get an oscar.

Wait... I've seen that before.

GermanJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:38 AM
pcanuck

I have FIVE untouchables:

F - Kane
F - Burmi
F - Scheifele
D - Postma (b/c cheap and young)
D - Redmond (b/c cheap and young)

EVERYONE else can go - trades, waiver wire, buyouts - ALL of them. FA should offer lots of opportunity especially with the cap trouble LOTS of teams will have. The draft should be deeper and if we stockpile picks, maybe we're a better team earlier. But this GM does not have the you know what to do it.

Winterpeg Jets: Fuelled by Patience

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Huffer

Not going to comment on the FA moves, but no way would I deal Little for Clowe or Booth. Those are terrible deals IMO. Horton would probably be a nice upgrade on Little, but Horton is also a UFA next year like Clowe, so there is absolutely no reason to deal RFA Little for either of them.

One team that constantly seems to be in rumors for Little is Colorado. Not sure what we could get though.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
I have FIVE untouchables:

F - Kane
F - Burmi
F - Scheifele
D - Postma (b/c cheap and young)
D - Redmond (b/c cheap and young)

EVERYONE else can go - trades, waiver wire, buyouts - ALL of them. FA should offer lots of opportunity especially with the cap trouble LOTS of teams will have. The draft should be deeper and if we stockpile picks, maybe we're a better team earlier. But this GM does not have the you know what to do it.

Winterpeg Jets: Fuelled by Patience
Postma and Redmond are untouchable, but Bogo and Trouba are not? Can't say I agree with that.

And by "not having the you know what to do it", do you mean lobotomy? Because that's what it would take for a GM of any professional sports team to trade away pretty much their entire team in one season.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote