HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Team with an abundance of talented wingers that needs a goalie?

Old
02-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

vCash: 500
Team with an abundance of talented wingers that needs a goalie?

Just looking for a bit of value here. I'm not sure how sold Edmonton is on Dubnyk, but besides Edmonton is there any other team out there that would be interested in Lehner for a top 6 winger with top 3 potential?

Last edited by Curtinho: 02-14-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:41 AM
The King of Town

Lehner is going nowhere.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 07:54 AM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Just looking for a bit of value here. I'm not sure how sold Edmonton is on Dubnyk, but besides Edmonton is there any other team out there that would be interested in Lehner/Anderson (preferably Lehner) for a top 6 winger with top 3 potential?
No reason to trade Lehner as he is one of the highest goalie prospects around.
Edmonton cant give up on DD yet atleast until not after they see what they have.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
No reason to trade Lehner as he is one of the highest goalie prospects around.
Edmonton cant give up on DD yet atleast until not after they see what they have.
That's the problem. You don't get rid of a guy like Anderson entering his prime and playing the way he has been playing. Lehner has shown a bit of an ego in the past (even this year) and there's no way that he will play second fiddle to Anderson for the next 2 years.

Why not get the most value for him and really improve our team instead of running into a situation like they have in Vancouver?

Old
02-14-2013, 08:27 AM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
That's the problem. You don't get rid of a guy like Anderson entering his prime and playing the way he has been playing. Lehner has shown a bit of an ego in the past (even this year) and there's no way that he will play second fiddle to Anderson for the next 2 years.

Why not get the most value for him and really improve our team instead of running into a situation like they have in Vancouver?
This is stupid reasoning. Anderson has two more seasons on his contract after this one. If Lehner can't deal with spending next season as a backup and the season after as a platoon, which would be the best thing for his career, he's got no other options.

The situation in Vancouver is completely different. Schneider has proven he is an NHL starting goalie, not a top prospect, who is commanding the cap hit of a starting goalie and Luongo is under contract until the end of time.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:42 AM
palindrom

Lehner, Bernier, Schneider...

Whoever is the least expensive to acquire, i will get him.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelGertner View Post
This is stupid reasoning. Anderson has two more seasons on his contract after this one. If Lehner can't deal with spending next season as a backup and the season after as a platoon, which would be the best thing for his career, he's got no other options.

The situation in Vancouver is completely different. Schneider has proven he is an NHL starting goalie, not a top prospect, who is commanding the cap hit of a starting goalie and Luongo is under contract until the end of time.
So if Anderson continues to establish himself as one of the league's elite goaltenders then what? You trade the proven elite goaltender to keep the young, talented but ultimately unproven goalie prospect? I don't think so. Anderson has proven himself enough at this point to warrant trading Lehner for the right return. Lehner will be an NHL starter, and a damn good one. But Anderson has been carrying this team for almost 2 years now and carried Colorado to the playoffs. He is a bonafide stud and not someone you let go of -- he's the kind of guy that makes a goalie like Lehner expendable.

Teams that I can think of that might like Lehner are Calgary, Columbus, Edmonton and Winnipeg...just not sure what kind of return or what valuation there would be. Too much to think about.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
So if Anderson continues to establish himself as one of the league's elite goaltenders then what? You trade the proven elite goaltender to keep the young, talented but ultimately unproven goalie prospect? I don't think so. Anderson has proven himself enough at this point to warrant trading Lehner for the right return. Lehner will be an NHL starter, and a damn good one. But Anderson has been carrying this team for almost 2 years now and carried Colorado to the playoffs. He is a bonafide stud and not someone you let go of -- he's the kind of guy that makes a goalie like Lehner expendable.

Teams that I can think of that might like Lehner are Calgary, Columbus, Edmonton and Winnipeg...just not sure what kind of return or what valuation there would be. Too much to think about.
Why can't you keep both just as Vancouver did with Luongo/Schneider? I'm of the opinion that goalies should spend considerable time in the AHL working on their technique before being brought up full time to the NHL, and Lehner is only 21. He should spend all of next season in the AHL with maybe a brief call-up, and then spend 2 seasons as a back-up in the NHL playing 20-30 games per year learning under Anderson. By that time, Lehner will be 25 years old and ready for a starting role and Anderson will be 35. Make a choice then, there is no point in trading a high end goalie prospect before developing them. I'm very thankful that Schneider got that sort of treatment, we're in a wonderful situation now if you ask me.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:10 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Why can't you keep both just as Vancouver did with Luongo/Schneider? I'm of the opinion that goalies should spend considerable time in the AHL working on their technique before being brought up full time to the NHL, and Lehner is only 21. He should spend all of next season in the AHL with maybe a brief call-up, and then spend 2 seasons as a back-up in the NHL playing 20-30 games per year learning under Anderson. By that time, Lehner will be 25 years old and ready for a starting role and Anderson will be 35. Make a choice then, there is no point in trading a high end goalie prospect before developing them. I'm very thankful that Schneider got that sort of treatment, we're in a wonderful situation now if you ask me.
Luongo didnt even spend 30 games in the AHL!

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:27 AM
belair

Considering they have had one of the better goalies in the league so far this year, I would imagine the Oilers are unlikely to waste any value commodities on replacing him innecessarily.

belair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 09:29 AM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:

You don't trade either of them right now. There is no reason to trade either of them. Who knows how long Anderson can keep his play up? And who knows how well Lehner will develop? The market for goalies is low right now.

If Murray is trading a goalie, it is Bishop. To trade anyone else would be a moronic move on his part barring a huge overpayment for Anderson.

Last edited by SnS: 02-14-2013 at 12:35 PM.
WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Ismellofhockey

Maybe Winnipeg or Philadelphia would be interested in Bishop, but Lehner won't return as much as he's worth because of Bernier and Luongo/Schneider being on the market.

Ismellofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:19 AM
The King of Town

I keep seeing these posts about how one of Lehner or Anderson needs to be moved because Lehner "won't wait", and I have to wonder: what exactly is this leverage that Lehner has? He's coming off an ELC. He's not even eligible for arbitration.

Bishop's the obvious target to be moved. He's actually got more leverage than Lehner does, as a pending RFA/UFA (depending on how many games he plays this year) with arbitration rights and waiver eligibility.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Luongo didnt even spend 30 games in the AHL!
different era, top 5 pick, bad Isles team

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:33 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey View Post
Maybe Winnipeg or Philadelphia would be interested in Bishop, but Lehner won't return as much as he's worth because of Bernier and Luongo/Schneider being on the market.
Bernier isn't on the market. Dl (kings gm) has stated he isnt shopping bernier nor will he. However im sure like any gm he will listen to offers big difference to being on the market thou

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:46 AM
HooliganX2

Lehner has very limited NHL experience he will not bring you back a top 6 winger with top 3 potential. You are better off keeping Lehner and letting him prove himself in the NHL to increase his value at the very least.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

I could see Minnesota being interested in one of Bernier or the other backups on the market, what with Harding's MS problems.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Kezia
Benny

vCash: 50
Nope. Bishop or not happening.

Kezia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:17 PM
DG

Quote:
Just looking for a bit of value here. I'm not sure how sold Edmonton is on Dubnyk, but besides Edmonton is there any other team out there that would be interested in Lehner/Anderson (preferably Lehner) for a top 6 winger with top 3 potential?
No, we should not trade either guy!

Why do Sens fans hate finally having some stability at the goalie position!?

Last edited by DG: 02-14-2013 at 12:22 PM.
DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:35 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

Greening for Whitney

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 12:45 PM
missinthejets

Quote:
I'm not sure how sold Edmonton is on Dubnyk,

Very. Management there is higher on Dubnyk than any of the fans ever were or anyone else for that matter. Given the way he's started this season it seems their faith wasn't really misplaced either. He's playing very well, there's no need or desire there to make a move just now. Eventually replacing khabibulin as backup sure but that's not the kind of thing you give up good young forwards for.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Riptide

Quote:

He's played 13 NHL games over the last 2 years... while he's still a very good prospect, I'm just not sure how anyone can say this until they see more of him in the NHL.

02-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Petes2424

With the injury last night, I could see Ott ending up trading Anderson sooner than later. Lehner is playing in the NHL next year and he's playing for Ottawa. Anderson has a nice contract and would really be appealing to a team (right now) looking for a goaltender. Just not sure who that team would be.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
With the injury last night, I could see Ott ending up trading Anderson sooner than later. Lehner is playing in the NHL next year and he's playing for Ottawa. Anderson has a nice contract and would really be appealing to a team (right now) looking for a goaltender. Just not sure who that team would be.
Anderson is here for the foreseeable future. Murray has already stated this and rightfully so. He is an elite goalie and you build winning teams with established elite players.

Old
02-14-2013, 03:47 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

The Flames have an abundance of pretty talented wingers, but they are more in need of a good 3rd line center that can PK and win faceoffs right now than a goaltender.

I think the Oilers would be a good fit for Bishop, a Dubnyk/Bushop tandem could be very good moving forward for the Oil. But I think they would need to unload Khabibulin first.

Any chance of a 3way?

to Ottawa - Lee Stempniak
to Edmonton - Ben Bishop
to Calgary - Eric Belanger

100 Third Graders is online now   Reply With Quote