HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Team with an abundance of talented wingers that needs a goalie?

Old
02-14-2013, 04:57 PM
oilers92

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
The Flames have an abundance of pretty talented wingers, but they are more in need of a good 3rd line center that can PK and win faceoffs right now than a goaltender.

I think the Oilers would be a good fit for Bishop, a Dubnyk/Bushop tandem could be very good moving forward for the Oil. But I think they would need to unload Khabibulin first.

Any chance of a 3way?

to Ottawa - Lee Stempniak
to Edmonton - Ben Bishop
to Calgary - Eric Belanger
so edm gives up a center for a goalie they dont need for the chance to unload a goalie they already have??? not seeing the incentive for edm

oilers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Benjamin
Shadilay

Quote:
The Flames have an abundance of pretty talented wingers, but they are more in need of a good 3rd line center that can PK and win faceoffs right now than a goaltender.

I think the Oilers would be a good fit for Bishop, a Dubnyk/Bushop tandem could be very good moving forward for the Oil. But I think they would need to unload Khabibulin first.

Any chance of a 3way?

to Ottawa - Lee Stempniak
to Edmonton - Ben Bishop
to Calgary - Eric Belanger
Gross.

Benjamin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Wizeman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Lehner, Bernier, Schneider...

Whoever is the least expensive to acquire, i will get him.
Must be a Kings fan.

Sticking Bernier with these other two is an insult to Lehner and Schneider.

Why stop there? Slip Bernier in with Roy and Brodeur to 'pump his tires' . Help improve is pathetic trade value.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers92 View Post
so edm gives up a center for a goalie they dont need for the chance to unload a goalie they already have??? not seeing the incentive for edm
I was under the impression the Oilers were still building for the future. Giving up a 36(?) year old centerman for a young goaltender than could potentially challenge for a starting job is not a bad idea. Maybe it's less likely with Horcoff's injury, but if they are looking to the future rather than the now, then there is definitely incentive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Gross.
How is that gross? Stempniak is worth about 2nd in trade value, exactly what the Senators supposedly want for Bishop.

Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Benjamin
Shadilay

Quote:
How is that gross? Stempniak is worth about 2nd in trade value, exactly what the Senators supposedly want for Bishop.
Except not what the Sens want.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Except not what the Sens want.
The topic asked for a talented winger. Stempniak is just that. He is streaky, but definitely talented and he plays both wings. Unless you are seeking a legitimate top line winger, then maybe he isn't.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Benjamin
Shadilay

Quote:
The topic asked for a talented winger. Stempniak is just that. He is streaky, but definitely talented and he plays both wings. Unless you are seeking a legitimate top line winger, then maybe he isn't.
Top 6 though.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

Quote:
Top 6 though.
Stempniak I agree is ideally a 3rd line winger, but he would be a top 6 winger on the Sens IMO. I think he is exactly the kind of winger you need to be honest. I see lots of guys in your middle 6 that are more in the grinder mold than they are skill players, I think Stempniak would be a solid fit on the 2nd line because of that. And when Spezza is healthy I think a Turris/Stempniak duo could be pretty dangerous on the 2nd line.

I think he is also a good fit because he is signed for next year, is relatively young, he wouldn't cost in an sane amount to acquire and is by all accounts a great team guy.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Teams that I can think of that might like Lehner are Calgary, Columbus, Edmonton and Winnipeg...just not sure what kind of return or what valuation there would be. Too much to think about.

I'm not going to claim that Columbus is totally uninterested in Lehner. There is marginal interest because Lehner is a very good prospect.

But we have TONS of quality goaltending prospects. What we need - the ONLY goaltending-related ANYTHING that we need - is an NHL starter. Not "likely". Not "looks like he will be". Not "we're all but certain he will be." IS. Current. We have plenty of everything else imaginable.

So if you do sell to Columbus, it will not be for anything like what you hope. That goes double for any offer involving Ben Bishop.

I also believe Edmonton's happy with Dubnyk, but I'll let them handle that one.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Hawkaholic

No one is trading a potential top 3F for a goalie that has proven nothing.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote