HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-07-2013, 01:54 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

vCash: 500
How in God's name do you get Grant Marshall out of that?

I looks more like Jim Cerrulas.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Mogwai211

This team could use a player likeGrant Marshall about now, or Randy McKay. FWIW, Grant Marshall delivered the cleanest KO of Tie Domi I've ever seen.

Old
04-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Wingman77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai211 View Post
This team could use a player likeGrant Marshall about now, or Randy McKay. FWIW, Grant Marshall delivered the cleanest KO of Tie Domi I've ever seen.
Amen and worth posting

Old
04-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Mogwai211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Amen and worth posting

That just never gets old...

Old
04-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Devils Dominion
WedgeGOOD

Living Social offer for the Hockey Legends Classic this Saturday afternoon at The Rock.

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/...s-charity-game

$22 center ice seats

Old
04-09-2013, 03:00 PM
MJMazzarone
#LGD

Quick question about the career fair tomorrow - Do you need a separate ticket/pass for that or is anyone with a game ticket that wishes to participate in the fair allowed?

Old
04-09-2013, 03:27 PM
rambler725

can anyone buy ADA/Wheelchair accessible seats and sit in them?..i see them for sale on stubhub all the time with no restrictions

Old
04-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Devils Dominion
WedgeGOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Quick question about the career fair tomorrow - Do you need a separate ticket/pass for that or is anyone with a game ticket that wishes to participate in the fair allowed?
Logic has it that you need to buy the ticket and register for it.
But call them up and ask.

Old
04-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Devils Dominion
WedgeGOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler725 View Post
can anyone buy ADA/Wheelchair accessible seats and sit in them?..i see them for sale on stubhub all the time with no restrictions
If they are on sale on stubhub, you can buy them.

But, as long you are ok with knowing that they are supposed to be designated for ADA/Wheelchair.

Old
04-09-2013, 03:43 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Yea, you really shouldn't sit there and don't be surprised if they move you

Old
04-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

This week's perk: Half-price lowers for Friday's game.

Old
04-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Devils Dominion
WedgeGOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
This week's perk: Half-price lowers for Friday's game.
There are also $76 tickets 2nd row behind the net the Devils attack twice on Ticketmaster right now, for tonight's game.

****Our fanbase is not showing good support for the Global Legends game that is only a few days away.
Hardly any tickets have been sold, disappointing to say the least.
Step it up folks!

Old
04-10-2013, 09:54 AM
SETHROLLINS

The pre sale code for the game at Barclays is HATTRICK.

Old
04-10-2013, 11:52 AM
rambler725

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy3pro View Post
The pre sale code for the game at Barclays is HATTRICK.
Ticketmaster is not listing the date and time of the pre-sale nor does it mention a pre-sale. Will pre-sales tickets be available on ticketmaster?

Old
04-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Wingman77

The marketing for the Legends game has been pretty poor for an event that is for charity especially

The Devils should have that **** up everyday with the rest of the stuff they have on facebook and twitter and more on the telecasts

It's almost as if they want to keep it a secret, the number of tickets still available is very, very high on that map

Old
04-10-2013, 12:14 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
The marketing for the Legends game has been pretty poor for an event that is for charity especially

The Devils should have that **** up everyday with the rest of the stuff they have on facebook and twitter and more on the telecasts

It's almost as if they want to keep it a secret, the number of tickets still available is very, very high on that map
Yeah, the marketing hasn't been very good. Another problem is the relatively short notice for the thing. They announced it, what, like 11 days before the event takes place. That's a little tight.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Devils Dominion
WedgeGOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
Yeah, the marketing hasn't been very good. Another problem is the relatively short notice for the thing. They announced it, what, like 11 days before the event takes place. That's a little tight.
Short notice yes, but they have been getting the word out a lot.

At games they run a number of spots on the jumbotron.
Twitter, emails, on MSG+ between periods.

All fans that follow the team on a day to day basis know about it.

Old
04-10-2013, 12:52 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Still when you have such short notice you need to ambush market it. They aren't

Old
04-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Devils Dominion
WedgeGOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Still when you have such short notice you need to ambush market it. They aren't
What do you think they have not done?
I'm not being a wise-arse either.

Star Ledger ad?
NJ 101.5 radio ads?

I'm not friendly with any Rags fans, but I know a lot of fans here are-they should let their Rangers fan friends/family know that Brian Leetch and Ron Duguay will be playing. That could sell some tix.

We all need to pass the word around, I sent the promo code email to about 40 people already.
It's a great cause, we will be helping out people for sure in our own State.

I'll bet they do a lot of jumbotron spots on the game tonight.

Old
04-10-2013, 02:46 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post

Star Ledger ad?
NJ 101.5 radio ads?

I'm not friendly with any Rags fans, but I know a lot of fans here are-they should let their Rangers fan friends/family know that Brian Leetch and Ron Duguay will be playing. That could sell some tix.

We all need to pass the word around, I send the promo code email to about 40 people already.
I guess they've done what they could. Maybe in the end, it's just not all that appealing an event. I've told a number of hockey-oriented friends, but none of them seemed all that interested.

I'm looking forward to it so I can show my 9-year-old son some of the players I grew up watching. But I have to admit, if I wasn't already going to be at the arena for the Hockey 101 thing, I'm not sure I'd make a special trip out for an old-timers game.

Still, I hope there's a late run on the tickets. I'd hate for the event to bomb.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post

Star Ledger ad?
NJ 101.5 radio ads?

We all need to pass the word around, I sent the promo code email to about 40 people already.
It's a great cause, we will be helping out people for sure in our own State.

I'll bet they do a lot of jumbotron spots on the game tonight.
Its all about timing. They've gone to some decent extents to promote it. But they didn't leave enough time for it to really work. In marketing, repetition is big for developing awareness for a brand/event/promotion/whatever. You severely limit the possibility of developing that kind of recall. Those ads (radio, tv, print, whatever) don't have enough time to be as impactful as they could be.

On top of that, it just hasn't been distributed to a wide enough audience with enough time to spare to generate any real excitement. Hell, it could even be argued that the methods of promotion aren't executed in a way to generate much excitement. There are much greater lengths they could have gone to promote this. Given the number of "name" guys in this event, why didn't this get spread to big hockey writers, not just local guys? Get some re-tweets on this stuff. I saw one from Burnside or LeBrun (forgot which) one, maybe two days ago. Could have been much more effective if done two weeks ago and letting it snowball from there.

Get one or two of the guys playing (especially if its a local guy) to do some media work. I know Mike Francessa doesn't talk much hockey, but he still has hockey people on every once in a while. You don't think he could find a way to squeeze in a 10 minute interview with Duguay or one of the other Rangers alums? Let them talk about/promote the event for 2-3 minutes, and then if they want to use the remaining time talking about the NHL today, the Rangers, the playoff race, whatever. Go for it. Lets not forget that plenty of the listeners of his program, while maybe not huge hockey fans now, may have grown up watching/idolizing a lot of the guys playing in this event. Or at the very least, were growing up at a time where the idea of the USSR vs. the world (or vs. Canada or vs. the US depending on what time frame or "notable events" we're talking about) was huge for them.

There are many of things that could have been done to promote it. But when you wait so long, and leave such little time to start the process, you're severely limited in what you can do. The issue may not entirely be "what" they did do, but how little they were capable of doing on account of "when" they did it.

EDIT: And not that Sandy isn't a big deal to many today, as plenty of people are still dealing with its effects. But when you're doing this as a fundraiser for a cause, the timing is a big deal as the emotion behind the cause can go a long way in raising the money. Had they promoted/announced this event say in February, when emotional connection to the event was a little higher, it could have gotten more people to purchase earlier rather than later.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Brick City
Ignore me!

Gotta agree with the lack of promotion. Currently, a few days before the event, there is no mention of the charity game on the Devils website except for a small thumbnail at the very bottom of the page. Eric has turned the sales department around but the team still needs some help with basic marketing.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Devils Dominion
WedgeGOOD

I think the short notice and being the afternoon after a Devils game the night before are the two biggest factors.

Speaking of Hockey 101, when will receive the tickets/barcode for it?
I had signed up for it the day we received the invite.

Old
04-10-2013, 03:26 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

I think people are also ignoring the obvious (i.e. lack of interest).

Old
04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Devils Dominion
WedgeGOOD

Final rosters are set.
http://www.prucenter.com/default.asp...=107&objId=362

The full roster for the North American Legends team coached by Resch includes Sergei Brylin, Bob Carpenter, Ken Daneyko, Jim Dowd, Bruce Driver, Ron Duguay, Billy Guerin, Benoit Hogue, Mark LaForest, Brian Leetch, Claude Lemieux, Grant Marshall, Randy McKay, Brian Propp, Stephane Richer and Brendan Shanahan.

The Russian Squad includes Vyacheslav Fetisov, Alexey Kasatonov, Valery Kamensky, Darius Kasparaitis, Alexey Yashin, Maxim Mikhaylovsky, Andrei Malkov, Vladimir Antipin, Rustem Kamaletdinov, Alexander Medvedev, Vitaly Prokhorov, Evgeny Chizhmin, Igor Boriskov, Andrey Kovalenko, Igor Varitskiy, Alexey Pogonin, Victor Gordiyuk and Dmitry Tepllyakov, Vladimir Malakhov, Vladimir Torzhkov and Alexander Yakushev with Sergey Makarov behind the bench.

Closed Thread