HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2013, 05:08 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
any way non season ticket holders can get draft tickets?
AFAIK, the only way right now is to register on the Devils site for the tickets they're giving away. Maybe they'll put some on sale as the draft gets closer and they've already distributed all the tickets they need to and have some left over.

06-05-2013, 09:43 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
I somehow doubt most GM are staying in downtown Newark..would you? Most will either be in Manhattan or teams have used the Glenpoint Marriott in the past.
This.

Only way I could see most of them staying in Newark is if it were done as a PC deal.

Old
06-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
If I had to guess, most likely the Courtyard Marriott attached the the Prudential Center on Broad St.
One of the last places I would expect. As has been said, I doubt they're staying in Newark anyway, but especially if we're talking about executives, I'm sure they would be much more willing to go higher end than a Courtyard. For me, courtyards are awesome, so I don't say this in a smug way. But for these guys...

It could be any number of places really. Manhattan is always a possibility. The W Hotel in Hoboken is a great possibility. Short Hills Hilton is a possibility. A lot of high quality hotels in the North Jersey area that have been used in the past. I know the W is used a lot for visiting sports teams in the area (NHL, MLS). Both of those 2 were used either for teams or NCAA officials for the NCAA tourney a couple of years ago (among other hotels). Too many places to really narrow it down too well.

Old
06-06-2013, 11:41 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Too many places to really narrow it down too well.
(((((Scratches Knights Inn off his list))))))

Old
06-06-2013, 11:54 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

My guess is also the W in Hoboken. Would be really surprised if they go into Manhattan. Would be too much of a hassle with no team bus to help. And I really don't think these GMs want to take a train in

Old
06-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
My guess is also the W in Hoboken. Would be really surprised if they go into Manhattan. Would be too much of a hassle with no team bus to help. And I really don't think these GMs want to take a train in
Cabs or other forms of private transportation are always an option. Generally speaking, Manhattan wouldn't make a ton of sense unless there is some component of the whole thing (or in the itinerary of some individuals) that involves them being at the league office or any media related functions that are in the city.

Old
06-06-2013, 12:02 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Cabs or other forms of private transportation are always an option. Generally speaking, Manhattan wouldn't make a ton of sense unless there is some component of the whole thing (or in the itinerary of some individuals) that involves them being at the league office or any media related functions that are in the city.
Not going to drop the name of the hotel but during the SCF last year, the execs and NHL Draft prospects that were in town stayed in Times Square. Other NHL teams have also used it when they've come in to play the Rangers and it was used during the lockout as a site for CBA meetings. Wouldn't shock me if they were staying there.

Old
06-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Devils Dominion
Castron Era

Aside from the guy's question about autographs, which he could get outside The Rock before or after the draft, who really cares where executives/scouting staffs stay?

The players who will attend the draft and their families I would assume have to pay for their rooms unlike the priviledged NHL folks.

Old
06-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Not going to drop the name of the hotel but during the SCF last year, the execs and NHL Draft prospects that were in town stayed in Times Square. Other NHL teams have also used it when they've come in to play the Rangers and it was used during the lockout as a site for CBA meetings. Wouldn't shock me if they were staying there.
Wasn't it the Hilton Times Square?

Old
06-06-2013, 02:54 PM
JWomp
HFB Partner

Just got the email about draft tickets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Fan Experience Team

We are extremely excited to be hosting the 2013 NHL Draft at the Prudential Center on Sunday, June 30th, starting at 3pm. As valued member of our Devils Army family, we hope that you will join us as Newark takes “center stage” for one of the NHL’s premier events. Your Devils currently own the 9th overall selection!

With NHL guests, team personnel from 30 clubs, television needs, player prospects and their families occupying the lower bowl, we are pleased to make available seats in the 100 and 200 level for all season ticket holders. Tickets in these sections will be “General Admission.” Through special arrangement, we will allow access to Season Ticket Holders before the general public, so that you will have access to sit in the top seat locations available.

You may also request up to six additional General Admission tickets on top of the two tickets you are guaranteed. To claim your two guaranteed tickets (and request additional tickets if applicable), you must CLICK HERE and submit a request by no later than Friday, June 14th. As inventory is tight, please only request additional tickets for fans that you know will be making use of them on Draft day. Once the June 14th deadline has passed, we will put your two guaranteed tickets on your “My Devils Account” online. We will then try to accommodate as many additional requests as possible once we have a sense for the inventory that remains. Additional tickets will also be posted to your “My Devils Account”.

As a special “thank you” for your support and to help commemorate this premier event at The Rock, we will be printing “Souvenir Draft Tickets” exclusively for you, as a Season Ticket Holder. You will be able to pick up your commemorative, souvenir ticket on Draft day. You will receive more information on how to pick up these tickets and please keep an eye out for emails with additional details as the Draft approaches including parking options, Fan Fest information, and special in-arena activities.

Thanks,

Your Fan Experience Team

Old
06-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Status Quo*

vCash: 50
Sooooo. Who wants to get me 2 draft tickets? Please? Please? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Old
06-06-2013, 03:01 PM
JWomp
HFB Partner

----

Last edited by JWomp: 06-15-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old
06-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Devils Dominion
Castron Era

Nine Inch Nails to play at The Rock on Tuesday October 15

Tickets go on sale June 14

Godspeed You! Black Emperor supporting band

Last edited by Devils Dominion: 06-06-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old
06-06-2013, 03:32 PM
devlzfan

If you are not using your allotment of eight, please consider putting in a request for 2,3 or even 4 for me. I'd throw you a convenience fee.

Thanks.

Old
06-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
If someone wants to grab 2 for me that would be great.. I'm also in the drawing to win tickets..if I win i'll be sure to let you know so you can give them to someone else.

Thanks !

Old
06-06-2013, 07:26 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Wasn't it the Hilton Times Square?
It wasn't but it's right around there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
If someone wants to grab 2 for me that would be great.. I'm also in the drawing to win tickets..if I win i'll be sure to let you know so you can give them to someone else.

Thanks !
I'm in the same boat. If anyone's willing to help me out, it would be much appreciated. I'm one of the good Ranger fans if that matters

Old
06-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Devils1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWomp View Post
Just got the email about draft tickets:
Thanks for posting - I'm a STH and did not get this email! Been emailing the fan experience team for weeks about this...I used your link and entered my account number to reserve my two tickets...

Old
06-06-2013, 08:06 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
If someone wants to grab 2 for me that would be great.. I'm also in the drawing to win tickets..
IIRC we should find out if we won the drawing in the next few days (possibly tomorrow). It's probably more likely that they drag it out closer to the closing date (21st) though.

Quote:
All entries must be received by no later than Friday, June 7th and you will be notified by Friday, June 21st via email, if you have won the Draft tickets.

Old
06-06-2013, 08:20 PM
JWomp
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
IIRC we should find out if we won the drawing in the next few days (possibly tomorrow). It's probably more likely that they drag it out closer to the closing date (21st) though.
They'll probably wait to see how many extra tickets the season ticket holders request before deciding how many to give out to the general public in the "contest." So, I think it's more likely that people will find out if they won any tickets after June 14, the deadline for STH to confirm their interest in tickets and request extras.

Old
06-06-2013, 08:29 PM
BigBlueAndRed

Actually, they are giving away 500 tickets:

Quote:
Prizes:
Five-hundred (500) general admission no reserve tickets (the “Tickets”) to the 2013 NHL Draft, which will be held at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Sunday, June 30, 2013. Two-hundred and fifty (250) winners will receive two (2) Tickets (the “Prize(s)”)

Old
06-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Anyone else catch this in the email? I think it's pretty cool. I save all of my tickets so this will look great in the collection

Quote:
As a special “thank you” for your support and to help commemorate this premier event at The Rock, we will be printing “Souvenir Draft Tickets” exclusively for you, as a Season Ticket Holder. You will be able to pick up your commemorative, souvenir ticket on Draft day. You will receive more information on how to pick up these tickets and please keep an eye out for emails with additional details as the Draft approaches including parking options, Fan Fest information, and special in-arena activities.

Old
06-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Nine Inch Nails to play at The Rock on Tuesday October 15

Tickets go on sale June 14

Godspeed You! Black Emperor supporting band
Holy **** - I better get a ****ing pre-sale for that or there will be hell to pay.

Also, when you guys got that email for the Draft tix and put your requests in, did you get any kind of confirmation? Mine just kicked back to the main page, no email, no "Thanks For RSVP'ing" like everything else....

Old
06-07-2013, 05:48 AM
aero8279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Holy **** - I better get a ****ing pre-sale for that or there will be hell to pay.

Also, when you guys got that email for the Draft tix and put your requests in, did you get any kind of confirmation? Mine just kicked back to the main page, no email, no "Thanks For RSVP'ing" like everything else....
i vaguely remember getting a type of thank you page after hitting submit.

Old
06-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Devils Dominion
Castron Era

Quote:

There will be a pre-sale if it's approved by the band. That's how it always goes.

I received a confirmation page this morning BTW regarding the draft tickets.
You may want to try that again to be sure.

Old
06-07-2013, 09:49 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Does NIN sell out like it's 1999 or are they having difficulties filling large venues? The answer to that question will likely determine it.

<----- Still pizzed he never got a Hannah Montana STH presale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
There will be a pre-sale if it's approved by the band. That's how it always goes.
He means a STH presale, not a general presale.

Closed Thread