HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Kinsler532

vCash: 500
Draft Party

I have been looking to attend the draft party this year with my father, cousin, and uncle. I heard the only way to get into the draft is by being a season ticket holder. If anyone on here is a season ticket holder and does not plan on attending the draft please let me know! My email is kinsler532@gmail.com. Thanks!

Old
06-07-2013, 12:45 PM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
Holy **** - I better get a ****ing pre-sale for that or there will be hell to pay.

Also, when you guys got that email for the Draft tix and put your requests in, did you get any kind of confirmation? Mine just kicked back to the main page, no email, no "Thanks For RSVP'ing" like everything else....
The bands are the ones to say if there will be a presale or not for the STH...so you can't blame the team/Prudential Center on this one if you don't. That goes for all concerts/events.

Also, I got this:
Quote:
Thank you for your request. We will then try to accommodate as many additional requests as possible, once we have a sense for the inventory that remains. Additional tickets will also be posted to your “My Devils Accounts”.

Last edited by cj225: 06-07-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old
06-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Devils1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
The bands are the ones to say if there will be a presale or not for the STH...so you can't blame the team/Prudential Center on this one if you don't. That goes for all concerts/events.

Also, I got this:

I never got the email but used the link posted above to order my 2. I got confirmation screen and then I emailed Rob on the fan experience team today with my account number and he confirmed the order.

He said these will be labeled as "general admission" and the 100's and 200's will be for the fans. The lower bowl is for draftees, family, media, NHL folks, etc. That sounds to me like there will not be any specific assigned seating and that could be a cluster ****.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:23 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post

The bands are the ones to say if there will be a presale or not for the STH
Again, where did you get this from? You're not the first person to say this in this thread, but it goes against what I've been told about these things (venue control), and just logically, it doesnt really pass the smell test based on the 5+ years this building has been open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils1029 View Post
That sounds to me like there will not be any specific assigned seating and that could be a cluster ****.
I doubt it. Devils fans have generally behaved themselves in other open-seating arrangements (watch parties, tele-drafts, awards ceremonies, etc...).

Old
06-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Again, where did you get this from? You're not the first person to say this in this thread, but it goes against what I've been told about these things (venue control), and just logically, it doesnt really pass the smell test based on the 5+ years this building has been open.
That's just the way the concert promoters operate. They "rent" the building and the building people have virtually no rights with anything if that's the way the contract is.

This is from a real source, believe me... lol

06-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Devils Dominion
Julie Fan Club

The Devils do have control over the Goal Bar & other premium seats for concerts, but not how other tickets are sold.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
The Devils do have control over the Goal Bar & other premium seats for concerts, but not how other tickets are sold.
Not always, it depends on the deals with the promoters.

Old
06-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Scott04

Quote:

I doubt it. Devils fans have generally behaved themselves in other open-seating arrangements (watch parties, tele-drafts, awards ceremonies, etc...).
Each concert, show, whatever it may be, has specific terms in their agreement. Ultimately, its their call, as both parties obviously agree to whatever the final terms are. The Devils/Prudential Center can ask for the opportunity for pre-sales for their people every show if they want. Doesn't mean they're going to get it. It's a promoter decision. Believe what you want from what you've been told. I've spent enough time working in these venues to tell you the promoters control the aspects of how, when, and how much tickets are sold for. In some of these battles, the venue is kind of handcuffed, especially in this area. Don't like the terms? They'll go to Izod, which will be much more willingly to do whatever is asked of them since they don't want any dark dates. There's a lot of competition here for venues, so promoters have a lot of pull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
That's just the way the concert promoters operate. They "rent" the building and the building people have virtually no rights with anything if that's the way the contract is.

This is from a real source, believe me... lol
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Quote:
Not always, it depends on the deals with the promoters.
This again. For some shows, you're going to have deals that are down to the detail on every last seating section. Plenty where its nowhere near so strict. But it happens. By the same token, we can see pre-sales for a bunch of shows, and there could be either a very limited number of seats, or a very limited number of locations, many of which aren't quite "ideal" in the eyes of plenty. The Prudential Center isn't sitting here and saying "nah, screw the season ticket holders. They can't get (big name act here), but they can get a jump on disney on ice because who doesn't love that ****?"

Old
06-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

I'm not at all amazed that any act that anyone in their right mind would want to actually pay money for - has not had a pre-sale at the Rock. Furthermore, I ****ing forgot about the NIN.com presale today so I'm probably ****ed for GA floor seats.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

I thought it was common knowledge that it was up to the concert performer/promoter was in charge of whether or not there would be a pre-sale considering they are in charge of everything tickets (creation, price, release dates, release numbers at a time, etc) and also considering when Eric was posting last year, some asked him whether the Rock would have pre-sales for the bigger acts (Springsteen, Stones, etc) and he said it wasn't their decision

The Prudential Center or hosting venue is essentially just a middle man when it comes to concert tickets

Old
06-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

And that irks me since they try to sell it as a perk, that being a STH gets you access to selected pre-sales and **** (even though they constantly say, "Oh we never say that" yet it's in every *** brochure I have. All it does is gets your name on another mailing list that they show to promoter that, "Hey we have this many regular customers we can offer a 'deal' to, we typically see that XX% of them take us up on these so, theres some guaranteed revenue here so why not book here?"

Old
06-11-2013, 09:03 PM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

There is almost always a pre-sale for every concert event. That's not an issue. The issue is that the Devils STH almost never get lumped in with said various presale(s).

In terms of the $$$ aspect, there is no revenue loss whether the Devils STH were to get a presale or not, as there is no discount on tickets; not even 1. The presale and onsale pricing is exactly the same. So why would all the XYZ individual promoters care if a small distribution were made for Devils STH? It's makes me wonder how hard the Devils push for even having STH presales in the first place.

At the end of the day, all I know is that if someone relatively en vogue and popular plays at The Rock, Devils STH dont get a presale, but if Joe's One-Man Rubber Band and Spoons Ensemble plays at The Rock, Devils STH will get an email telling them of this "exciting presale opportunity" being made available for them.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:07 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

The Devils aren't the ones promoting the show. They have no say or control on ticket operations. Not really much more that can be said.

Obviously the smaller shoes are gonna try to real in Devil STHs as they will do what it takes to fill the building. Higher bands don't have to worry about that.

Old
06-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Devils Dominion
Julie Fan Club

NIN will sell out quite easily.
I hope to he able to get tix.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
And that irks me since they try to sell it as a perk, that being a STH gets you access to selected pre-sales and **** (even though they constantly say, "Oh we never say that" yet it's in every *** brochure I have. All it does is gets your name on another mailing list that they show to promoter that, "Hey we have this many regular customers we can offer a 'deal' to, we typically see that XX% of them take us up on these so, theres some guaranteed revenue here so why not book here?"
It's a technicality. Any of the Pru Center shows where they are the promoter and it's "their" show, you will get presale on, and those ROCK30 deals and that kind of stuff.

But acts that have stuff like huge Live Nation deals? Think Bieber, NIN, Springsteen, Bon Jovi, those level of acts, the venue has virtually no rights at all. They just get handed a chunk of change for the ability to hold the show and a percentage of the merch sales.

Old
06-12-2013, 10:53 AM
apice3*

I saw NIN at Izod a few years ago. Not the biggest NIN fan, not a particular big fan of going to concerts of any band, but they put on a hell of a show.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Scott04

Quote:
I'm not at all amazed that any act that anyone in their right mind would want to actually pay money for - has not had a pre-sale at the Rock. Furthermore, I ****ing forgot about the NIN.com presale today so I'm probably ****ed for GA floor seats.
You might not be screwed on GA. Some shows don't necessarily throw in the GA seats for the pre-sales. Or at least, not many. Obviously it doesn't make it easier, but the general public sale is still an option for you to get the GA seats. Don't know when that was to say whether or not you missed that boat or not, but its still totally worth the effort. Honestly, may have been the only occasion in which you had a shot for all we know.

Quote:
There is almost always a pre-sale for every concert event. That's not an issue. The issue is that the Devils STH almost never get lumped in with said various presale(s).

In terms of the $$$ aspect, there is no revenue loss whether the Devils STH were to get a presale or not, as there is no discount on tickets; not even 1. The presale and onsale pricing is exactly the same. So why would all the XYZ individual promoters care if a small distribution were made for Devils STH? It's makes me wonder how hard the Devils push for even having STH presales in the first place.

At the end of the day, all I know is that if someone relatively en vogue and popular plays at The Rock, Devils STH dont get a presale, but if Joe's One-Man Rubber Band and Spoons Ensemble plays at The Rock, Devils STH will get an email telling them of this "exciting presale opportunity" being made available for them.
That's still not exactly right. Although a rarity, there are some cases where a specific pre-sale gets you a bit of a deal on pricing. Not the most common thing, but it has happened. The reason the promoter cares about whether or not Devils STHs get grouped into pre-sales is because they have zero obligation to them. Revenue is revenue, so even if the numbers are the same, they're going to use what pre-sales they're obligated to use in order to take care of the people in their back pocket. That's why you see fan clubs for the particular artist, and/or card holders of specific credit cards get pre-sales and sometimes thats it. They want their sponsorship deals and their good will there, those are the people they're taking care of. Fact of the matter is they don't owe **** to Devils STHs, or those of any venue, and don't care if they don't have to.

You're attributing blame in the wrong place here.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:25 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Fact is, the Devils did hype up the fact sth's will get presales when the arena first opened. People are just annoyed the importance/frequency of it got oversold.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:39 AM
BenedictGomez
Hynes = Skeletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
The reason the promoter cares about whether or not Devils STHs get grouped into pre-sales is because they have zero obligation to them. Revenue is revenue, so even if the numbers are the same, they're going to use what pre-sales they're obligated to use in order to take care of the people in their back pocket. That's why you see fan clubs for the particular artist, and/or card holders of specific credit cards get pre-sales and sometimes thats it. They want their sponsorship deals and their good will there, those are the people they're taking care of. Fact of the matter is they don't owe **** to Devils STHs, or those of any venue, and don't care if they don't have to.
Now that explanation at least begins to make sense. It explains why even though the $$$ is the same, they are essentially monetizing leverage. Though I dont see what the big deal would be opening up even more presale opportunities. Frankly, if XYZ show sells out in 10 minutes on the actual "onsale", that just makes the promoters' client look all the better I would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
You're attributing blame in the wrong place here.
No, I'm not. Unless you completely dismiss lies of omission, and an intentionally disingenuously over-hyped "asset".

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Fact is, the Devils did hype up the fact sth's will get presales when the arena first opened.
Exactly. We just didnt know that it would be for 1 in 100 events and that rarely will it ever be for something more valuable than the Oslo Harpsicord Troupe.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Fact is, the Devils did hype up the fact sth's will get presales when the arena first opened. People are just annoyed the importance/frequency of it got oversold.
My guess is that when they first offered it, they didn't realize how few shows they'd actually be able to do wide open presales for.

The contracts have shifted BIG time since the Rock opened, considering Live Nation - for some time at least - refused to promote shows there and it was only AEG stuff.

Old
06-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Scott04

Quote:
No, I'm not. Unless you completely dismiss lies of omission, and an intentionally disingenuously over-hyped "asset".
Whether or not its to the ideal level, its still a benefit that exists. There are pre-sales that you get access to as a season ticket holder that you wouldn't get otherwise. Whether or not its for the amount of shows, or the specific shows some people would like, it DOES exist. It happens enough. Whether or not its worthwhile is purely subjective to the interests of the individual, so there's no fair evaluation of its value from person to person. But it is there, and likely to the greatest extent they can provide. I'm sure the Pru Center/Devils push plenty hard for pre-sales for their STHs. But this isn't the only place where such a thing happens. This is a very common thing all over the country for most venues. Its an uphill battle in a lot of cases and there's probably little to fight, as I'm sure the contracts for these tours are generally going to be standardized terms for all of the venues on said tour (with maybe a few possible exceptions for more "notable" venues like an MSG, or a special/larger venue for a few additional shows). The "fight" devolves into "do you want our show in your building or not?" and there's little to do in that case. Would you rather no pre-sale for season ticket holders, or an open date on your calendar? Its a simple choice.

Quote:
My guess is that when they first offered it, they didn't realize how few shows they'd actually be able to do wide open presales for.

The contracts have shifted BIG time since the Rock opened, considering Live Nation - for some time at least - refused to promote shows there and it was only AEG stuff.
And this is probably largely the reason behind it. When the Rock was AEG, they were under the same umbrella as the promoter for many shows. Very easy to throw a few more pre-sales in there, especially with the size of the season ticket holder base at the time. The building isn't AEG run anymore, so that connection isn't there. The current structure of things plus the promoters coming in is what dictates the whole process. The perk didn't disappear, so they won't stop mentioning it. But the nature of it is just bound to change.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Devils Dominion
Julie Fan Club

Stubhub is mostly better than presales anyway.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:08 PM
apice3*

A few pages back, I read STH get 6 additional tickets. Are those 6 guaranteed?

Old
06-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
From what I gathered, it doesn't seem like it. Seems like its a "sign up for up to 6 additional and we'll let you know." No clue if they'll give the requested amount to X percentage of people, or try to give a couple to everyone who requests, even if not the amount they asked for though. Didn't get much of an indication of that.

Old
06-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Nope, we just were able to 'request' 6.

Closed Thread