HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bennett recalled again on 4/7

Old
04-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Zbynek

vCash: 500
Since this got bumped the title of the thread should be changed...obviously won't be playing with The Real Deal for a little while...

Zbynek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 12:59 PM
madinsomniac

Eh... probably means they are keeping neal out for a bit, but hopefully this is a precaution, not a requirement. Im all for resting up as much as possible unless we really need to win to get in. an ahl team should be able to get 4 measily points in 9 games and lock us in to the second seed.

madinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:01 PM
plaidchuck

Yeah not too happy with people rejoicing Neal is out because "he wasn't doing anything anyway", this team will still need every piece of offense they can get considering before the deadline with most of the team healthy they really weren't scoring much.

plaidchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Polaris Husky
The North Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck View Post
Yeah not too happy with people rejoicing Neal is out because "he wasn't doing anything anyway", this team will still need every piece of offense they can get considering before the deadline with most of the team healthy they really weren't scoring much.
Still, if Beau can help spark Geno, it could be a major silver lining.

Polaris Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
I don't think anyone is rejoicing that Neal is out. But people are trying to find some positives out of it. For me, it's the fact that Bylsma has to change that Neal-Malkin-Iginla line that wasn't working at all.

Some rest can be good for him, and when he comes back hopefully he is "40 goal scoring Neal" and not "1 goal in his past 13 games Neal."

Waffle Fries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Mentioned this in another thread but might not have anything to do with Neal (directly). Our offense was sputtering either way and now the roster limit is lifted. IMO there was a good chance of him being recalled during the weekend break either way.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Ray Shero*
A wizard

Awesome.

Ray Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:14 PM
NatureBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Mentioned this in another thread but might not have anything to do with Neal (directly). Our offense was sputtering either way and now the roster limit is lifted. IMO there was a good chance of him being recalled during the weekend break either way.
But I highly doubt that they would call him up to sit in the press box or play in the bottom 6.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 04-07-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: removed the speculation. There is no concrete information available at this time one way or another.
NatureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:15 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

K. Explains the scratch in WBS.

Edit: oh yeah. Bennett's a better compliment to a Geno/Neal or Geno/Iggy line than Neal and Iggy were to each other, so it's good that he's been called up.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:18 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Certainly not happy that he's hurt, but Neal really needed to take some time and look at some video to get some perspective. He's got a bunch of goals, but hasn't been effective at all this year and it's mostly due to bad habits he needs to iron out.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
But I highly doubt that they would call him up to sit in the press box or play in the bottom 6.
No, they would call up him up for the same reason either way: to play. He'll either replace someone who (tomorrow we may find out) is injured, or he may replace someone who is not as skilled as he is. Glass, Kennedy, whoever. We're deeper now but not so deep that we can afford to leave someone like Bennett on the sidelines.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:27 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

I don't even care anymore.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:38 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Crap. Neal's going to be our for a while. At least Bennett get's some more pro experience.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:39 PM
madinsomniac

If neal ends up ok for the playoffs, this could just give him a needed rest anyhow...

madinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

This says nothing about Neal's injury, guys. They said they'd be calling him up after the tdl before Sid got hurt. Lets wait until tomorrow before we freak out

Old
04-07-2013, 01:54 PM
plaidchuck

Hopefully it's just for the remainder of the season, as great as Bennett has been, a rookie on your second line in the playoffs does not bode well for your depth.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:57 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
This says nothing about Neal's injury, guys. They said they'd be calling him up after the tdl before Sid got hurt. Lets wait until tomorrow before we freak out
That was also before they traded for three forwards without giving up any on the roster.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:57 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Hopefully it's just for the remainder of the season, as great as Bennett has been, a rookie on your second line in the playoffs does not bode well for your depth.
People are too obsessed with the word rookie and not obsessed enough with the fact that he's good. There is no magic rule that makes him a playoff
Liability because he's played X# of games at the NHL level. If he's good enough - and I think he is - he should play.

Old
04-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
I completely disagree. This isn't even about Bennett.

Spots in any lineup should be given based on merit, regardless of how long a person has played. If a rookie comes in and plays better than a veteran, they should be given the spot over a veteran. It has absolutely nothing to do with team depth.

Waffle Fries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 01:59 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
That was also before they traded for three forwards without giving up any on the roster.
Fully healthy, Bennett should still be an every-night player

Old
04-07-2013, 02:02 PM
plaidchuck

Quote:
People are too obsessed with the word rookie and not obsessed enough with the fact that he's good. There is no magic rule that makes him a playoff
Liability because he's played X# of games at the NHL level. If he's good enough - and I think he is - he should play.
Hey believe me I hope he wins the Conn Smythe, you just have to look at reality and how even Calder nominees have been used in the playoffs.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:02 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Fully healthy, Bennett should still be an every-night player
I agree but I've said time and time again, to no avail apparently, who on this roster is Bylsma sitting for him?

Kuntiz - Crosby - Dupuis
Neal - Malkin - Iginla
Morrow - Sutter - Cooke
Glass - Jokinen - Adams
(Jeffrey - Vitale - Kennedy)

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:03 PM

I badly want to see a Kunitz-Malkin-Bennett line.

Can't wait to see the team next week with a few practices under their belt. One thing I'm really hoping for are plays made on the PP that lure defenses to the right side of the ice, get Iggy's shot open and then passing cross box for Iginla 1 timers.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2013, 02:03 PM
plaidchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
I completely disagree. This isn't even about Bennett.

Spots in any lineup should be given based on merit, regardless of how long a person has played. If a rookie comes in and plays better than a veteran, they should be given the spot over a veteran. It has absolutely nothing to do with team depth.
So Neal needs bought out next year for kinda sucking most of this year?

Old
04-07-2013, 02:06 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Hey believe me I hope he wins the Conn Smythe, you just have to look at reality and how even Calder nominees have been used in the playoffs.
Conn Smythe or bust seems like a pretty polarized range for most people, let alone a rookie. He can be a contributor on a cup contender. He doesn't have to win the Conn Smythe to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I agree but I've said time and time again, to no avail apparently, who on this roster is Bylsma sitting for him?

Kuntiz - Crosby - Dupuis
Neal - Malkin - Iginla
Morrow - Sutter - Cooke
Glass - Jokinen - Adams
(Jeffrey - Vitale - Kennedy)
Yea, I guess. He would have to break up the top 6 and create the 4 best lines in hockey. But he's probably not interested in that.