HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ruff Didn't Score Enough: Trades 'n' FAs II

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Rasmus Reichel

vCash: 500
My NHL 13 fantasy rebuild, note: impossible.
Trades:
Ennis+ for ROR,
Stafford for Hjarmarlsson,
Miller for Halak+schwartz+2nd,
Buyouts:
Leino

Signings:
Getzlaf
Perry
Semin
Visnovsky

V-H-P
Semin-Getzlaf-Perry
Foligno-ROR-Ott
4th line

Sekera-Myers
Ehrhoff-Visnovsky
Weber-Hammer

Halak
Enroth

Last edited by Rasmus Reichel: 02-24-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old
02-24-2013, 11:15 AM
"Craigs on it"

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
My NHL 13 fantasy rebuild, note: impossible.
Trades:
Ennis+ for ROR,
Stafford for Hjarmarlsson,
Miller for Halak+schwartz+2nd,
Buyouts:
Leino

Signings:
Getzlaf
Perry
Semin
Murray
Visnovsky

V-H-P
Semin-Getzlaf-Perry
Foligno-ROR-Ott
4th line

Sekera-Myers
Ehrhoff-Visnovsky
Murray-Hammer

Halak
Enroth

Old
02-24-2013, 11:21 AM
"Craigs on it"

has anyone else ever noticed that RoR has never scored 20 goals before in a season(since minor hockey), not even with Erie, he has also never been a PPG player in the OHL. I would think he would have had over ppg if he played back in Erie after his draft year though.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Rasmus Reichel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
Alright I'll agree to replace murray with weber. Vis was for the PP and semin for more secondary scoring. Not that any of those 5 players would sign here anyways

Old
02-24-2013, 11:43 AM
"Craigs on it"

We need to start looking for a goalter to replace Miller, should look one of goalie prospects.

Last edited by 1972: 02-24-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old
02-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

since we entered Fantasy Mode here is my current EHM lineup:

Sharp - Seguin - Pominville
Vanek - Ennis - Ward J.
Foligno - Hodgson - Korpikoski
White - Goc - Kaleta

Ehrhoff - Seabrook
Myers - Tyutin
Sekera - Pysyk
x: Alzner

Miller
Bernier

Top Prospects: Grigs, Girgs, Yakupov, Barkov, Klefbom, Schroeder, Armia, Hertl, Drouin. Also 2 more first overalls and a 2nd overall. But Derek Roy leads the league in scoring.

TERRY HIRE ME

Old
02-24-2013, 12:59 PM
Der Jaeger
O'Reichelainenhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
The longer we suck, the more likely it is that I think Colorado demands our 2013 1st in any deal for O'Reilly. I could see Sherman asking a little bit less in terms of a roster player or prospect to get his hands on that 2013 1st of ours. As much as I love ROR, I don't think we can give up a top-3 pick in this draft to get him. And given that he's had no training camp and hasn't played hockey in over a month, I don't think he'd be able to have much impact on our standing in 25 games.
If Buffalo gets MacKinnon, I'd be more than happy with him, Grigorenko, and Hodgson going forward.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:13 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
We need to start looking for a goalter to replace Miller, should look one of goalie prospects.
The longer Luongo stays in Vancouver and prospers the more likely it is Gillis may move Cory Schneider. He is the type of guy who could pick up where Miller left off.

Otherwise it is a crap shoot...Guys like Bernier are too unproven for my liking.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:19 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Yes.

The Sabres are like a toilet bowl of runny poop, in which someone accidentally dropped a couple pieces of jewelry. You gotta fish through that crap before flushing everything down.

Biggest need BUF has is to determine if they can retain Miller or not when he's an FA. He may not wish to stay. Problem is, if they don't do something in goal, they'll suck even worse and it could delay the fruits of a rebuild, assuming it is done correctly. Personally, I would try to retain him, despite the occasional softies, because, until they get some fire and heart on this team, he (and possibly Ott and Kaleta) are the only ones who have that.

Same decision needs to be made with Vanek (their only proven offensive threat) and Pomms (their most consistent, all-situations forward, despite his ineffective leadership). I could see Pomms retained for many years, and gradually slide into a 3rd line role, with special teams time.

Of course, all three of them could be moved in trades for better assets / futures.

But in my mind, decisions on those 3, in that order, need to be made.

Keep Kaleta & Ott (effort), Ehrhoff (value), Sekera (consistency), Foligno, Tropp, Grigs, Girgs, Weber, Hodgson, Armia, Pysyk (youth). Be willing to trade any youngsters for the next JVR.

Move Myers (despite his youth & Right Side) & Ennis (despite his speed / hands) as they are likely the best trading chips to try and fleece someone in a trade.

Move everyone else.

You'll need a backup goalie, 3 d-men, at least one scoring winger. You'll need to rebuild the lines to get better secondary scoring in general.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:20 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

So I asked this about a month ago and was met with resistance. I'll ask again.

Time to trade Vanek? While his value is pretty high?

Old
02-24-2013, 02:24 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
has anyone else ever noticed that RoR has never scored 20 goals before in a season(since minor hockey), not even with Erie, he has also never been a PPG player in the OHL. I would think he would have had over ppg if he played back in Erie after his draft year though.
Don't bring up facts about ROR. He's surely the most irreplaceable player in the NHL and you HAVE to have him to win a cup.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:27 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Don't bring up facts about ROR. He's surely the most irreplaceable player in the NHL and you HAVE to have him to win a cup.
Aren't you projecting Ennis to be a 70+ pt scorer one day? Even though he's never scored more than 49 in a season?

In fact, O'Reilly's best season is better than Ennis' best season while Ennis was playing sheltered minutes and O'Reilly was facing top competition.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:29 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Well, that's on the open market right now. There are better players in the league, but teams aren't actively trying to move them.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:55 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Aren't you projecting Ennis to be a 70+ pt scorer one day? Even though he's never scored more than 49 in a season?

In fact, O'Reilly's best season is better than Ennis' best season while Ennis was playing sheltered minutes and O'Reilly was facing top competition.
I've never made that projection, but I believe he has the ability to be. If you look over the course of about the last 50 games or so, since Ennis has been moved to center, he's produced right around that clip. Not really that small of a sample size anymore, so yeah, it seems pretty likely he can be about a 70+ point player.

If you want to qualify Ennis's season, I can qualify ROR's with playing with Landeskog, who is IMO the best young two-way player in the NHL. I can also say that Ennis had a higher PPG than ROR. So did ROR have a better season? In some way, sure, in other ways, not really.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:59 PM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Yeah, don't even bother trying to explain yourself to Stokes, its not worth your time. Anything that isn't related to sweet dangle skills and being a sexy little midget and it falls on deaf ears...

Old
02-24-2013, 03:02 PM
SECRET SQUIRREL

Quote:
I've never made that projection, but I believe he has the ability to be. If you look over the course of about the last 50 games or so, since Ennis has been moved to center, he's produced right around that clip. Not really that small of a sample size anymore, so yeah, it seems pretty likely he can be about a 70+ point player.

If you want to qualify Ennis's season, I can qualify ROR's with playing with Landeskog, who is IMO the best young two-way player in the NHL. I can also say that Ennis had a higher PPG than ROR. So did ROR have a better season? In some way, sure, in other ways, not really.
Jame found direct quotes to you saying he was the next Briere and Marty St Louis!!! It's still a small sample size, its been what, 30ish games?!

Last edited by SECRET SQUIRREL: 02-25-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old
02-24-2013, 03:05 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

Quote:

Yes you have made projections about Ennis.

I'm not arguing that Ennis is better than O'Reilly or O'Reilly is better than Ennis. I'm saying that you're making claims about one player without applying the same logic to the other. Is O'Reilly done developing or something?

Old
02-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Der Jaeger
O'Reichelainenhart

Quote:
I've never made that projection,
except right here.

Quote:
but I believe he has the ability to be. If you look over the course of about the last 50 games or so, since Ennis has been moved to center, he's produced right around that clip. Not really that small of a sample size anymore, so yeah, it seems pretty likely he can be about a 70+ point player.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:18 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
Yes you have made projections about Ennis.

I'm not arguing that Ennis is better than O'Reilly or O'Reilly is better than Ennis. I'm saying that you're making claims about one player without applying the same logic to the other. Is O'Reilly done developing or something?
The difference is, I have ongoing, statistical evidence to support these ideas. With ROR, it's a lot of conjecture. Hustle, heart, leadership, things that don't show up on the scoreboard or on a stat sheet. I have a difficult time buying into these things, especially when he is holding outl

Old
02-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
The difference is, I have ongoing, statistical evidence to support these ideas. With ROR, it's a lot of conjecture. Hustle, heart, leadership, things that don't show up on the scoreboard or on a stat sheet. I have a difficult time buying into these things, especially when he is holding outl
Statistically at the same age, RoR produced more than Ennis so there's no conjecture involved.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
So I asked this about a month ago and was met with resistance. I'll ask again.

Time to trade Vanek? While his value is pretty high?
I'm still worried about trading all our current topline talent and throwing the Kids into the fire, didn't work out well last time when they tried it with the Rochester core.
I'd keep VHP, sell off the rest and let the kids develop behind them.

Last edited by Duddy: 02-24-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: me no inglish
Old
02-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Dubi Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
I'm still worried about trading all our current topline talent and throwing the Kids into the fire, didn't work out well last time when they tried it with the Rochester core.
I'd keep VHP, sell off the rest and let the kids develope behind them.
Agreed.

If they're going to trade Vanek or Pommers they had better replace them with some players in their prime. The kids need someone to guide them on the ice.

Leinos quote about working each other harder rings loud for me. They should replace the old core with players who are willing to challenge each other .

Old
02-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Der Jaeger
O'Reichelainenhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
I'd keep VHP, sell off the rest and let the kids develope behind them.
That's my concern too. Vanek and Pominville help develop Hodgson and take pressure off the rest of the forwards. I think Hodgson's growth might be stunted if he wasn't playing with either Vanek or Pominville.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

well, that's sorta true... you instead projected him (said he was "destined" to be) an 80+ pt player (st louis)

Quote:
Ennis is destined to be a superstar IMO. He played like one for the last 2 months. I think this is a case of a light going on for a player where he realizes he can be the best player on the ice every time. Hodgson will be very good, but I think Ennis can be great. He's going to be another Marty St. Louis, but he got there faster.

Closed Thread