HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ruff Didn't Score Enough: Trades 'n' FAs II

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

vCash: 500
He won't come to Buffalo because we aren't allowed to have nice things.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
What if COL asked for Myers +, would you still do it?
Ryan O'reilly epitomizes how I believe the game should be played by forwards. All 200 feet. Every single shift matters. Your play in all 3 zones is equally important. Heart, drive, being better than your talent level.

I don't think the Buffalo Sabres will matter (in terms of contending) until they have more players like O'reilly.

I don't know what I'd do... I'm being honest. I really don't.

I realize it's insane to trade a guy we all thought was on the path to Franchise Defensemen/Norris Candidate... for a 2 way shutdown center. That's franchise suicide right? right? wait... is it? I don't know

:crazy:

Old
02-15-2013, 04:36 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Ennis, Stafford and Myers for Kane please
joke, right?

Old
02-15-2013, 04:44 PM
stokes84

Not sure how to link a tweet, but Dater tweeted something about how the Rangers wouldn't pay ROR either. As I've been saying, these proposals are way over-valuing a kid who wants too much money. There is a chance he has no value. If a team that has the deepest pockets in the league wouldn't pay him, you can imagine that most, if not all small money teams would balk at his demands as well.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:45 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasek View Post
Why would anyone offer Ennis for him? Especially since he's demanding so much money. tsujimoto74 described it perfectly. Colorado's in a situation where they're either wasting an asset or trading him, and something is better than nothing. I'd offer a 2nd rounder for him or maybe Luke Adam.

Fun fact. According to Hockey Reference Ryan O'Reilly's has a career similarity score of 93.1 with Ville Leino.
Thank you. Someone gets it.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Not sure how to link a tweet, but Dater tweeted something about how the Rangers wouldn't pay ROR either. As I've been saying, these proposals are way over-valuing a kid who wants too much money. There is a chance he has no value. If a team that has the deepest pockets in the league wouldn't pay him, you can imagine that most, if not all small money teams would balk at his demands as well.
Why would NYR overpay for him? They have Callahan, Richards, Gaborik, Nash, Stepan, Kreider....

NYR wants him just because they want anyone that makes them better. Doesn't mean they'd be willing to give up the required assets nor does them having "the deepest pockets in the league" really matter here.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Ennis, Stafford and Myers for Kane please
No freakin way. At this point, the only way I want Kane on the Sabres is if Chicago takes Leino and Gerbe.

Please tell me your not one of those "hey he's from Buffalo so wouldn't it be cute if we got him!" types.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Not sure how to link a tweet, but Dater tweeted something about how the Rangers wouldn't pay ROR either.
Of course they wouldn't.

They're going to be right up against next year's cap as it is, and have to give Stepan, Hagelin and McDonagh raises.

Old
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Why would NYR overpay for him? They have Callahan, Richards, Gaborik, Nash, Stepan, Kreider....

NYR wants him just because they want anyone that makes them better. Doesn't mean they'd be willing to give up the required assets nor does them having "the deepest pockets in the league" really matter here.
Why would anyone overpay for him is the point.

Old
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
No freakin way. At this point, the only way I want Kane on the Sabres is if Chicago takes Leino and Gerbe.

Please tell me your not one of those "hey he's from Buffalo so wouldn't it be cute if we got him!" types.

.....he meant EVANDER Kane.....the guy talked about in the article posted on the last page.

I think.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:48 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:

No.

No. there isn't a chance of that.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Thank you. Someone gets it.
That's your position? We shouldn't improve our team because of Colorado's bargaining position?

That's just dumb.

You were better off being ignorant O'reilly... stick with that

Old
02-15-2013, 04:50 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
.....he meant EVANDER Kane.....the guy talked about in the article posted on the last page.

I think.
Oops ... My bad

I have this reaction to Patrick Kane proposals

Now, Evander would be pretty sweet. But I wouldn't decimate our roster or prospect pool for him.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:51 PM
stokes84

Quote:
No.

No. there isn't a chance of that.
Would it surprise you if there is an unspoken understanding among GMs and owners here, that if someone overpays for his kid, they are opening a huge can of worms and any RFA can pull this stunt?

Old
02-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Zman5778

Quote:
Would it surprise you if there is an unspoken understanding among GMs and owners here, that if someone overpays for his kid, they are opening a huge can of worms and any RFA can pull this stunt?
We heard this argument during the Peca days.

This situation occurs once every 10 years.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

Like Kyle Turris last year

Old
02-15-2013, 04:54 PM
stokes84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
That's your position? We shouldn't improve our team because of Colorado's bargaining position?

That's just dumb.

You were better off being ignorant O'reilly... stick with that
My position all along has been that these proposals were way too much because of COLs bargaining position.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:56 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
My position all along has been that these proposals were way too much because of COLs bargaining position.
It's not like there is a trade deadline approaching and they are going to lose him for nothing.

There bargaining position is strong, they don't have to trade him. He's a valuable asset, Buffalo held Peca for over a year, and got 2 top 10 picks, high value prospects.

First... your view of their position is wrong.
Second... you don't weight your offer on their position, you weight it on how the trade impacts your team.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:57 PM
stokes84

Quote:

Like Kyle Turris last year
Fair, but Turris's contract is a lot less than RORs demands.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:01 PM
stokes84

Quote:
It's not like there is a trade deadline approaching and they are going to lose him for nothing.

There bargaining position is strong, they don't have to trade him. He's a valuable asset, Buffalo held Peca for over a year, and got 2 top 10 picks, high value prospects.

First... your view of their position is wrong.
Second... you don't weight your offer on their position, you weight it on how the trade impacts your team.
You absolutely have to weigh both. When you are buying a house, do you bargain from how much you want the house, or do you attempt to find out as much about the seller as possible in to try to get the best deal you can?

If they want to hold onto him with the understanding hell never play there again, that's fine. But it's worth testing them.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:02 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

That Peca fiasco was crazy. But in the end, your right, we got at the time a couple good prospects. I haven't followed other teams in this regard. Have there been other players since Peca who were out for over a year because of salary disputes? That was a crazy time

Old
02-15-2013, 05:04 PM
Zman5778

Quote:
That Peca fiasco was crazy. But in the end, your right, we got at the time a couple good prospects. I haven't followed other teams in this regard. Have there been other players since Peca who were out for over a year because of salary disputes? That was a crazy time
Over a year? No.

Turris and ROR are the only ones recently to really miss chunks of time too.

And ROR is much closer in value to peca than to Turris.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:05 PM
Zman5778

Quote:
You absolutely have to weigh both. When you are buying a house, do you bargain from how much you want the house, or do you attempt to find out as much about the seller as possible in to try to get the best deal you can?

If they want to hold onto him with the understanding hell never play there again, that's fine. But it's worth testing them.

But if you really want the house, and if it's THE house, you'll settle with paying a little more than you think you can get. No sense in fostering a sense of ill will to squeeze out every last dollar. You be reasonable.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Moskau

The fact that so many posters around here didn't even know who RoR was prior to a few days ago is why I can only respect what 5 or so people think about our own team. I mean he was a pretty huge story in his rookie season when he was one of the better defensive forwards in the league... as an 18 year old.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:07 PM
sabresandcanucks

Quote:
Yashin?? Bure (I should know that one...not sure if he was RFA or just wanted to be traded and refused to show up)??

Closed Thread