HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

2-14-2013 "DVD Release Party" Habs @ Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
There is no way club red seats will be sold at a steep discount. The people who own those seats pay for exclusivity. You are going to see a bunch of upset rich socialites that their exclusive club has been invaded by a bunch of commoners paying 1/10 of the the price they did.
This isn't an airport lounge. It's a sports stadium which is in part paid for by public tax dollars. Who gives a **** what the rich and corporations think? If you alienate the general public, you alienate 90% of your fanbase and you have no team. If you're suggesting Yormark should look out for the top 10% of the economy and corporations instead of the rest of the public because they pay $20K a seat (which they don't even use), you're mistaken.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Laus I just don't think we played well last night. Other than shore line I thought our offensive effort was completely haphazard and lazy. I thought we chased the puck around all night and I thought Montreal dominated the time of possession and controlled the puck all night long. There were a couple of nice individual performances by guds and kuli.

I'm really bummed the way the season is going. I knew we would regress but there is no area of our team I can pinpoint and see well at least we're always good at that. We are inconsistent at every facet of the game-and that is incredibly frustrating
I disagree, injuries have greatly hurt us, and the top line has hurt us. If they'd friggin get it together and get healthy, I think we'd have a chance. May not happen, but as I said above, it's too early to throw in the towel, though, it's getting tougher as we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursavolta View Post
I feel you, some posters around here are imploding. They honestly do not realize the many factors that are in play with this team in this shorten season.

It's kinda of disheartening to be honest.
Is what it is, we all hate losses, just gotta take em in stride.

02-15-2013, 12:44 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I though we were allowed to mock a mockery?

But seriously guys; for all the potshots we take at your fanbase for all these empty seats, I personally would blame your management before your fanbase; you have an amazing fanbase. You make a seemingly empty building buzz with cheers and screams. Plus the whole Rats thing give you a genuine (albeit quirky) personality.

Your management is really stupid for letting these Red Seats be empty even when sold to people who won't show up. They are damaging their own brand by giving the impression that going to a Panthers game would be a boring affair. They apparently don't get that game broadcasts are meant to be a showcase of the spectacle.

They should sell upgrades for Section Red empty seats. It's be smart move; more money and better ambiance.

Now, about the game: man, do you always play like that?! You have had the tighest defensive I've experienced all season. Not to say you we're trapping or anything, but damn, your players are freakish good at reading passes and closing any space.

It's not a case that our team sucked (like we did against Toronto); your guys really worked their ***** off to give the best of chance to Theo, and it paid for 62 minutes.

Hope your team keep that level of defensive acumen, and manage to start scoring. :-)
Thank you for being probably one of the only Habs fans to notice our fanbase beyond the empty seats that you see in Club Red. I try to explain this to northern market fans all the time, but we do have a decent-sized number of diehard Panthers fans and hockey fans in general that love the team and the sport.

Pretty much all of us think that Club Red is an absolute joke. It's only hurting our team's reputation by fans around the league with the cameras zoned in right on Club Red's 90% empty seats. It goes way beyond that with kicking season ticket holders since the arena opened out of their seats to build it and more. I'm not sure what's going to happen in the future with it as I can't see how many more people are going to buy $20,000 seats there.

Hopefully in March, our teams have a bit more of an entertaining game.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Benched

vCash: 157

Old
02-15-2013, 02:06 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
There is no way club red seats will be sold at a steep discount. The people who own those seats pay for exclusivity. You are going to see a bunch of upset rich socialites that their exclusive club has been invaded by a bunch of commoners paying 1/10 of the the price they did.
And how am i supposed to feel when i pay almost twice as much for my season tickets then the guy next to me when they run one of their 50% sales?

Old
02-15-2013, 02:47 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
We didn't play well last night. Yes Laus, if we scored some goals and won the game I would be raving, because that would've meant we played well.

I can't understand how you can argue that 13 shots through 40 minutes of hockey constitutes a "good game". It's insulting how much you disregard my comments. I never flipped out or anything. But come on man, 13 shots in 2 periods? That's terrible. Especially when half those shots are basically dump-ins/wristers from the point during a break out.

I complimented our defensive game. We played well in our zone but Theo still had to come up big at times. I was simply stating that this team is inconsistent. Watch any sport. If a team shows signs of inconsistency, it's simply because they're just not that good at the moment.

Being able to score 5 goals and giving up 6, then being able to give up only 1 goal but failing to score one, well we're just hamsters on a spinning wheel at this point.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Disagree

Old
02-15-2013, 02:54 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Thank you for being probably one of the only Habs fans to notice our fanbase beyond the empty seats that you see in Club Red. I try to explain this to northern market fans all the time, but we do have a decent-sized number of diehard Panthers fans and hockey fans in general that love the team and the sport.

Pretty much all of us think that Club Red is an absolute joke. It's only hurting our team's reputation by fans around the league with the cameras zoned in right on Club Red's 90% empty seats. It goes way beyond that with kicking season ticket holders since the arena opened out of their seats to build it and more. I'm not sure what's going to happen in the future with it as I can't see how many more people are going to buy $20,000 seats there.

Hopefully in March, our teams have a bit more of an entertaining game.
I didn't see them as much as hear them. Your crowd really got energetic last night at times; clearly you must have a lot of people despite these empty lower seats.

I guess some people only take a quick glance and then make a judgment call without trying to see what's beyond their first sight.

Can I ask your Panthers fan a question that is currently tearing apart our board in a civil war? What did you guys think of the pocket-sized center we call Desharnais? I'd be nice to have the fresh perspective of someone who don't see him play every other day.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:05 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I didn't see them as much as hear them. Your crowd really got energetic last night at times; clearly you must have a lot of people despite these empty lower seats.

I guess some people only take a quick glance and then make a judgment call without trying to see what's beyond their first sight.

Can I ask your Panthers fan a question that is currently tearing apart our board in a civil war? What did you guys think of the pocket-sized center we call Desharnais? I'd be nice to have the fresh perspective of someone who don't see him play every other day.
i was at the game and thought he was the most noticeable Hab (offensively) by far.

his stats this year seem pretty mediocre/bad considering his team is 8-4-1, but i've always been impressed with his offensive ability and last night was no different.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:07 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
lol. how does that not get called?

Old
02-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Howboutthempanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
We didn't play well last night. Yes Laus, if we scored some goals and won the game I would be raving, because that would've meant we played well.

I can't understand how you can argue that 13 shots through 40 minutes of hockey constitutes a "good game". It's insulting how much you disregard my comments. I never flipped out or anything. But come on man, 13 shots in 2 periods? That's terrible. Especially when half those shots are basically dump-ins/wristers from the point during a break out.

I complimented our defensive game. We played well in our zone but Theo still had to come up big at times. I was simply stating that this team is inconsistent. Watch any sport. If a team shows signs of inconsistency, it's simply because they're just not that good at the moment.

Being able to score 5 goals and giving up 6, then being able to give up only 1 goal but failing to score one, well we're just hamsters on a spinning wheel at this point.
Well, here's the thing. The other team has to enter into the equation at some point. Montreal played very tight defense as opposed to Washington. Montreal has been the better team than Washington overall this season. The opponent deserves credit too. At some point this season every team will score 5 or more and every team will get shutout. It happens.

Closed Thread