HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ray Shero at Min vs. Col

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2013, 10:18 PM
  #151
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce
 
Tasty Biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,284
vCash: 500
Pens aren't gonna give up their 1st for someone like Jones, sorry.

Tasty Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:18 PM
  #152
AslanRH
Part of the Plan
 
AslanRH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wyoming, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,441
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
don't think they'd give up a 1st for Jones. I'm not in the room, so what do I know, but I feel like that 1st is for a big name or for another PMD!
I'd settle for a second if we did not eat the salary.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:19 PM
  #153
domaug*
Flahr Pahr
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
where is Jones for a 1st coming from? i definitely wouldn't do that.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:24 PM
  #154
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!
 
Sh00terMcGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,987
vCash: 500
Cluster**** maybe?

Sh00terMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:24 PM
  #155
keppel146
We love Bacon
 
keppel146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MinneSOta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,203
vCash: 500
What could the wild get for Seto and a 3rd or 4th round pick? I would want a young prospect like Maatta or whoever pitt would be willing to give up out of the Despres, Harrington, Morrow group.

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:33 PM
  #156
Dangles78
Registered User
 
Dangles78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
What could the wild get for Seto and a 3rd or 4th round pick? I would want a young prospect like Maatta or whoever pitt would be willing to give up out of the Despres, Harrington, Morrow group.
I know Wild fans don't necessarily want to trade Clutterbuck, but what would it take to get both Seto and Clutterbuck with Maatta as the centerpiece?

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:35 PM
  #157
glasgow26
Registered User
 
glasgow26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 3,786
vCash: 500
It's gotta be Setoguchi. I know people say this about every struggling top six winger, but Seto would tear it up on a line with Crosby. The kid is extremely talented. Just hasn't been able to find consistency in his game yet. I wonder what Minnesota would want in return.

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:38 PM
  #158
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,946
vCash: 500
pens get ryan o'reilly then we trade you kulemin for sutter

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:39 PM
  #159
keppel146
We love Bacon
 
keppel146's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MinneSOta
Country: United States
Posts: 1,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
I know Wild fans don't necessarily want to trade Clutterbuck, but what would it take to get both Seto and Clutterbuck with Maatta as the centerpiece?
Min to Pitt: Seto, Clutter and 3rd
Pitt to Min: Maata, Kennedy, and 1st

totally guessing, but I prob would be ok with it, except that clutter would be gone

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:39 PM
  #160
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
David Jones for a 1st?

Something around David Jones and Brooks Orpik maybe?
Is this serious? Not a chance on either


Last edited by OCPenguin: 02-14-2013 at 10:47 PM.
OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:40 PM
  #161
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
pens get ryan o'reilly then we trade you kulemin for sutter
this is a pass ... both on ROR to Pittsburgh (doesn't not play the two-way game Sutter does) and Sutter to Toronto.


Last edited by OCPenguin: 02-14-2013 at 10:46 PM.
OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:46 PM
  #162
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
What could the wild get for Seto and a 3rd or 4th round pick? I would want a young prospect like Maatta or whoever pitt would be willing to give up out of the Despres, Harrington, Morrow group.
Despres is off limits. You aren't getting him for Seto and a 3rd and 4th. You take a look at what Shero has gotten for puck moving Dmen in his last two big deals - a deteriorating Whitney to Anaheim yielded Kunitz; Goligoski yielded Neal and Niskanen. Despres, if ever traded, yields more down the road.

Morrow is the top D prospect in the system. He is not moving anywhere. Shero has said as much. The other two could be out top two-way D prospects (A & B). I don't think its good value trading either one at this juncture for Seto and those two picks.

He is collecting these D prospects for a reason and its not to acquire Seto.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:48 PM
  #163
Dangles78
Registered User
 
Dangles78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
Min to Pitt: Seto, Clutter and 3rd
Pitt to Min: Maata, Kennedy, and 1st

totally guessing, but I prob would be ok with it, except that clutter would be gone
If the 1st is changed to a 2nd then I'm on board.

Honestly though, if it came down to that, I don't think I'd be too upset. Giving up a former 1st rounder with tons of potential plus a 1st rounder in a deep draft would hurt, but....

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Dupuis-Crosby-Setoguchi
Cooke-Sutter-Clutterbuck

Without messing with the defense!!! Please Minnesota, pleeeeaseeeeee

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:49 PM
  #164
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!
 
Sh00terMcGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
this is a pass ... both on ROR to Pittsburgh (doesn't not play the two-way game Sutter does) and Sutter to Toronto.
For the right price, you wouldn't want ROR? Come on man....

Sh00terMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:53 PM
  #165
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00terMcGavin View Post
For the right price, you wouldn't want ROR? Come on man....
There is something about trading for a kid that had one solid season that is a RFA and probably wants a mega contract. He can't play wing and we have three solid centers. Brandon Sutter fills a role on this team. He is the closest thing to Jordan Staal there is in my opinion (he does alot of the same things). If he played wing, I might be inclined to think about it, but since he can't ... no need.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:54 PM
  #166
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,489
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
this is a pass ... both on ROR to Pittsburgh (doesn't not play the two-way game Sutter does) and Sutter to Toronto.
Not sure what "doesn't play the two-way game Sutter does" means, but I sure hope you aren't trying to pass off Sutter as the better defensive player.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:55 PM
  #167
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!
 
Sh00terMcGavin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
There is something about trading for a kid that had one solid season that is a RFA and probably wants a mega contract. He can't play wing and we have three solid centers. Brandon Sutter fills a role on this team. He is the closest thing to Jordan Staal there is in my opinion (he does alot of the same things). If he played wing, I might be inclined to think about it, but since he can't ... no need.
My mistake, I thought you meant that you would take Sutter over ROR.

Sh00terMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 10:58 PM
  #168
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00terMcGavin View Post
For the right price, you wouldn't want ROR? Come on man....
Pretty sure that is the hangup. For the right price Colorado would want him too and keep him.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:00 PM
  #169
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh00terMcGavin View Post
My mistake, I thought you meant that you would take Sutter over ROR.
For this team, I do. ROR is a nice player. However, we already have three quality centers. Sutter is perfect for Pittsburgh's third line. Get ROR, who CAN'T play wing, and you are in the same situation you had with Staal - a kid that probably wants to play among the top six. He can't. He isn't displacing Sid, nor Malkin. Add in the fact he can't play wing, what do you have? A more expensive third line center who might be looking to get out of town in a year.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:29 AM
  #170
sparxx87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
David Jones for a first please.

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
David Jones for a 1st?

Something around David Jones and Brooks Orpik maybe?
You can't be serious? He's not worth a first, and he's not worth Brooks Orpik..

A cap team like Pittsburgh can't afford 4 million for a 35-45 point player.


You'd have to think Shero has interest in Setoguchi, although it likely wouldn't be an expense of a roster player or any of the top D prospects. I'm not sold on Setoguchi though, he's too inconsistent and guys with questionable work ethic always scare me. Would Shero be getting a 60+ point player like he's capable of, or the 30-40 point guy who we've seen the past few years?

Setoguchi skates fast and scores goals (sometimes) but absolutely nothing else. I think they're better off targeting a more well rounded player like a Lee Stempniak, who does everything well and is signed through next season at 2.5m. If you're trading for a streaky goal scorer, at least trade for one whose still useful when not scoring.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:32 AM
  #171
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 54,234
vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Pretty sure that is the hangup. For the right price Colorado would want him too and keep him.
This.

Also O'Reilly would be a redundant acquisition for the Penguins, even without the contract issue. He'd look good on the team and obviously I'd like him on the Penguins...but there is absolutely no reason for the Penguins to give up the assets that would be required to acquire him when he doesn't fill a need.

If he were a sniping winger I'd be singing a different tune.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:35 AM
  #172
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
Niskanen for Setoguchi ?
At this point, it's Niskanen for Seto +, whether that's a 3rd pick or whatever, Niskanen's value is way higher than Setoguchi's.

One has been a top 4 defenseman since last season, the other is trending the other way.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:37 AM
  #173
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 9,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
You can't be serious? He's not worth a first, and he's not worth Brooks Orpik..

A cap team like Pittsburgh can't afford 4 million for a 35-45 point player.


You'd have to think Shero has interest in Setoguchi, although it likely wouldn't be an expense of a roster player or any of the top D prospects. I'm not sold on Setoguchi though, he's too inconsistent and guys with questionable work ethic always scare me. Would Shero be getting a 60+ point player like he's capable of, or the 30-40 point guy who we've seen the past few years?

Setoguchi skates fast and scores goals (sometimes) but absolutely nothing else. I think they're better off targeting a more well rounded player like a Lee Stempniak, who does everything well and is signed through next season at 2.5m. If you're trading for a streaky goal scorer, at least trade for one whose still useful when not scoring.
I don't see Ray moving Niskanen, he's insurance if Letang is hurt and if Niskanen and Letang are hurt, the team plays like crap like we've all seen.

I see Shero maybe looking for a new home for Kennedy. If Setoguchi is on the market and he's been playing on the 3rd line, Kennedy would fit that line better than Seto would. I'd do Kennedy + 3rd for Setoguchi.

If not, I'd rather take our chances with Beau now that he's been called up.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:38 AM
  #174
sparxx87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
This.

Also O'Reilly would be a redundant acquisition for the Penguins, even without the contract issue. He'd look good on the team and obviously I'd like him on the Penguins...but there is absolutely no reason for the Penguins to give up the assets that would be required to acquire him when he doesn't fill a need.

If he were a sniping winger I'd be singing a different tune.
Not to mention Sutter @ 2m >> O'Reilly @ 5m .... IMO of course.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:41 AM
  #175
TheHeroIshere
Ronaldo!
 
TheHeroIshere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
You can't be serious? He's not worth a first, and he's not worth Brooks Orpik..

A cap team like Pittsburgh can't afford 4 million for a 35-45 point player.


You'd have to think Shero has interest in Setoguchi, although it likely wouldn't be an expense of a roster player or any of the top D prospects. I'm not sold on Setoguchi though, he's too inconsistent and guys with questionable work ethic always scare me. Would Shero be getting a 60+ point player like he's capable of, or the 30-40 point guy who we've seen the past few years?

Setoguchi skates fast and scores goals (sometimes) but absolutely nothing else. I think they're better off targeting a more well rounded player like a Lee Stempniak, who does everything well and is signed through next season at 2.5m. If you're trading for a streaky goal scorer, at least trade for one whose still useful when not scoring.
But he would be playing with Crosby or Malkin.

TheHeroIshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.