HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Teams Interested in Lars Eller

Old
02-15-2013, 01:58 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes of Teal View Post
If you compare what other young struggling players with potential have been getting; there's no way Eller is worth a 1st right now.

Does he play the wing effectively?
The Sharks certainly have some pieces the Habs would be interested in; I think they make good trading partners, both have some players that could use a change of scenery

Clowe
Gailardi
Braun/Demers
for
Eller
Cole
Could we do something around Eller, Kristo and a 2nd in 2013 (San Jose's choice of our 3) for Murray, Demers and Clowe? Fair? Counter?

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 01:59 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I don't think Eller is actively being shopped, but I'm sure Bergevin is listening to offers and won't slam the phone down if the right deal comes along.

This isn't a deal I would make as it doesn't help the Habs, but in terms of value, I think Eller for Savard straight up is feasible. Two guys at about the same place in terms of development, expectations, ceilings, etc.

No, and that's part of the problem. Plekanec, Desharnais and Eller all have to play centre to be effective, with none good enough to be 1st line and none bad enough or suitable to be bottom-six. Plus there's Galchenyuk, who we're developping as a centre.

I think another Sharks fan in the Clowe thread came up with a Clowe/Demers for Eller/2nd proposal (or something like that) and I said I thought it would be very tempting for the Habs.
Why???? We don't need Demers at all and CLowe is UFA this summer..... We give Eller and 2nd for 1 month of Clowe?

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantic Fanatic View Post
I don't know what other Habs fans want but I'd like futures for Eller.

Hamilton Bulldogs looks like a hazardous waste zone.
I don't want to move Smith for Eller.

What about something like Noesen + 4th 2013 for Eller?

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Have Hab fans really turned on Desharnais that quickly? Any insight?
We didn't turn on him there is simply no room for him going forward

Plekanec is the #1 center for now and at least another year or two, Galchenyuk is the future of this team and most fans feel Eller will be more important to us going forward then Desharnais who would be useless at the #3 center spot. That's why I think the odd man out is Desharnais

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeane View Post
From the hawks:

Stalberg
Pirri/McNeill

From Habs:
Eller
4th round pick (if McNeill is second player from Chicago)

My armchair GM proposal
why would the Habs add a pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
Straight up for Teravainen?
not even close from Hawks POV

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:06 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Why???? We don't need Demers at all and CLowe is UFA this summer..... We give Eller and 2nd for 1 month of Clowe?
I am admittedly a massive Clowe fan and would probably step over my own grandmother to have a chance at getting him on the Habs...but I think he's something we've been dying to have for eons. He's one of the rare true power forwards in the league, a guy who's usually good for 20 goals and 100 PIMs, wears a letter, etc.

Obviously it's a gamble if he turns around and leaves at the end of July. Maybe I'd make the 2nd conditional on Clowe re-signing. But if Eller is the cost (and I'm a big fan of Eller too) I would think long and hard about pulling the trigger if the Sharks came around with that offer.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:08 PM
gifted88
Dante the poet

If the Habs trade Eller they will not be looking to get back:

Players 30 or over
Players who will be a UFA when their contract is up

Also, if a salary of 2mil + is coming back Kaberle must go the other way.

I really don't see a potential deal here unless a GM is willing to overpay.

gifted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Drydenwasthebest

First (I should have done this in my first post), no offers being made should include another center. If we are trading Eller (I hope we do not) it should be for an upgrade at LW and/or for a big, strong, physical defensive defenceman who can clear the net and fight. Montreal needs a defenceman like Clayton Stoner and a winger like Ryan Clowe. The only problem with Clowe is that he is a UFA after this season (I didn't remember that in my earlier post).

People offering us small forwards (Teravainan) or centers (Brassard, McNeil) are not looking at what we actually need, they are just tossing out players with trade value. People need to make offers around what we need.

I would be willing to deal Eller for Stoner + from Minny. I would consider Eller for Clowe + from SJ. I would not, and do not think Montreal's management would, consider another center or smallish winger or smallish PMD as the primary return for Eller.

I would look at Saad from Chicago, if they were truly interested.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:10 PM
zombiekopitor
Patty Marleau 4ever

vCash: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Could we do something around Eller, Kristo and a 2nd in 2013 (San Jose's choice of our 3) for Murray, Demers and Clowe? Fair? Counter?
Don't really need Kristo, we have a very similar prospect in Nieto.

Personaly I would only want to see Clowe go if we are getting someone back that could contribute in a similar role, Cole would do that, to me they just seem like the best swap both teams could do, I imagine Cole would waive to come here.

But if Eller can not play the wing well, it doesn't make as much sense. Handzus has been amazing on the 3rd line this year; but Sheppard-Eller-Wingels does look pretty damn good on paper, those 2 guys have been our best players the last week or so :/

edit:
So what would Habs fans want added for

Clowe ,Murray
for
Eller, Cole

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:15 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I don't want to move Smith for Eller.

What about something like Noesen + 4th 2013 for Eller?
why would we do this? there's room for him now, but i don't see going forward where he would slot in. i'd rather keep noesen.

God Says No is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Just One Cup

I don't know why Montreal is not giving Eller better minutes, he has good potential. Are the Habs management down on him right now? Is he playing that bad?

Just One Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
I don't know why Montreal is not giving Eller better minutes, he has good potential. Are the Habs management down on him right now? Is he playing that bad?
He was scratched early on because Therrien "didn't like his intensity level". He's played progressively better each night, in the last few games he's been arguably our best forward.

The only player he can really switch with is Desharnais, and Therrien seems to be still trying to get DD, Cole and Patches clicking like they were last year. Every now and then Eller will play on the wing with the two Gallys but for the most part, he's stuck on the 4th line. Even so, he's tied Desharnais in points (in fewer games, with worse linemates, and no PP time).

Therrien's been pretty good about holding players accountable and benching them when they're not playing well...so far he's given DD a lot of rope but it seems like it's only a matter of time before Eller's good play forces him to switch them up.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Habsterix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Have Hab fans really turned on Desharnais that quickly? Any insight?
Some have, but I wouldn't say that it's a fair assessment. Desharnais had a slow start but he has played much better in the two games in Florida. And Eller has also improved his intensity since brought back into the line-up.

Let's face it, Plekanec is the team's #1 center as he's back at the top of his game. Galchenyuk is brought in nicely by Therrien and he's the future at center, but produces nicely already. Neither Eller nor Desharnais are 4th line centrers so unless there's an injury, there won't be enough room for both, especially when Nokelainen is ready to come back. And then there's Ryan White...

While the Habs aren't very deep at center in the AHL, it's a tough juggling act with the big club right now.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

Personaly I would only want to see Clowe go if we are getting someone back that could contribute in a similar role, Cole would do that, to me they just seem like the best swap both teams could do, I imagine Cole would waive to come here.

But if Eller can not play the wing well, it doesn't make as much sense. Handzus has been amazing on the 3rd line this year; but Sheppard-Eller-Wingels does look pretty damn good on paper, those 2 guys have been our best players the last week or so :/

edit:

Clowe ,Murray
for
Eller, Cole
Probably more than you would be willing to give. Cole and Eller are both signed to nice deals, while Clowe is a pending UFA and Murray is a necessary stop gap until Tinordi is ready. The "+" would have to be significant.

Old
02-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:

edit:

Clowe ,Murray
for
Eller, Cole
both UFAs? no ****ing way

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:18 PM
ChoseLa

DD is 5"8 on a team with 4 of that size, whenever he's not producing he's run outta town. And at this point Eller is ready to take over that second/third line spot.

Put DD on a team with clearcut star offence and he'll be love by everyone, if you rely on him to be one of your go to guy, you'll be disapointed.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:43 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
DD is 5"8 on a team with 4 of that size, whenever he's not producing he's run outta town. And at this point Eller is ready to take over that second/third line spot.

Put DD on a team with clearcut star offence and he'll be love by everyone, if you rely on him to be one of your go to guy, you'll be disapointed.
How do you plan to sell DD when people are interested in Eller?

In theory, you are probably right that Eller is a best fit for our future 3rd line than DD. However, were we to have the opportunity to improve our team at the LW with an Eller trade, getting more in return than what we'd get, you'd still hold on Eller while we have a perfectly effective centre in DD that can still do the job and is still developping?

DD has only had 1 full NHL season. ONE. And you think he has hit his ceiling yet?

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:53 PM
alphafox

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the CBJ. Eller was one of the last players drafted by Jarmo before he left the Blues. Rumors have swirled around Brassard and the Habs for years.

alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
I have a dream of the Canucks icing an all Dane line of Nicklas Jensen, Lars Eller and Jannik Hansen. What would Montreal be looking at in return? Mason Raymond/Chris Higgins and a pick?

Hansen 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 03:58 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen 36 View Post
I have a dream of the Canucks icing an all Dane line of Nicklas Jensen, Lars Eller and Jannik Hansen. What would Montreal be looking at in return? Mason Raymond/Chris Higgins and a pick?
Not unless the pick is a 1st, and even then I can't imagine that package exciting the Habs too much. Isn't Raymond basically persona non grata in Vancouver? And nothing against Higgins, but our bottom-six is pretty full as it is.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:02 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Not unless the pick is a 1st, and even then I can't imagine that package exciting the Habs too much. Isn't Raymond basically persona non grata in Vancouver? And nothing against Higgins, but our bottom-six is pretty full as it is.
Raymond has found new life this year he looks great. Also Raymond + 1st is pretty big overpayment for Eller.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:04 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Raymond has found new life this year he looks great. Also Raymond + 1st is pretty big overpayment for Eller.
Hmm.. Let's say I buy into your Raymond evaluation.

Raymond + 1st + 3rd for Eller + Weber

Old
02-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

vCash: 420
Quote:
Raymond has seemingly turned his game around this season, he's actually playing really well, 4g 4a in 12 games and a +6. Higgins had a slow start but now he's looking back to his really energetic self. Perhaps a 2nd and we add in prospects? Any other year and I would be fine giving up a late first but this draft is just too tantalizing.

Hansen 36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:12 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Hmm.. Let's say I buy into your Raymond evaluation.

Raymond + 1st + 3rd for Eller + Weber
Doubt it Van has 8 or 9 nhl defensemen I doubt that want another and since Ballard has found his game this year there is no room in the top 6 anyways.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 04:20 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Doubt it Van has 8 or 9 nhl defensemen I doubt that want another and since Ballard has found his game this year there is no room in the top 6 anyways.
take a look at our prospect closet. See if there is anything you like, maybe we can swing a deal...