HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
If you think when Sather signed Richards two years he was aware of the fact that there would be an amnesty buyout available in two years....well, I'm just going to have to disagree with that, shake my head and walk away.

You can't make up some of the bizareness you read around here sometimes...
The writing was on the wall with the cap going down. They did it in the last lockout.

Sather's made enough mistakes to bash him - but even then I dont think he was under the impression that Brad Richards was going to be a Ranger until he was 40. He was going to be thrown some sort of lifeline to get out of it in the aftermath of the lockout.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Dark Knight
Troll-Marov!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
lol, give up on Prust... what a joke. PAP is nice in hindsight, but he just didn't fit here at the time.
we are not signing aging stars anymore. this is the old line pulled out when frustration sets in.

B.Richards maybe playing bad right now, but he's not finished. He's only 32.
The risk is too much for you guys to take. For your own team's health on the ice, and off the ice as far as cap management and flexibility is concerned, just release the guy.

03-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Dorado*

You better tell that to him that he's not finished . He certainly plays like someone who is " LOST AND CONFUSED " . Take that Scarlett letter off your jersey then and burn it . That's unacceptable . Cap crippling contract players shouldn't be lost and confused . Man up and play the game harder or tell the truth you spent more time golfing and shopping and vacationing and being involved int the NHLPA then conditioning or doing like a lot of your fellow pros did and play in Europe .

Old
03-22-2013, 09:47 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
The risk is too much for you guys to take. For your own team's health on the ice, and off the ice as far as cap management and flexibility is concerned, just release the guy.
they will in 2014.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ramsay View Post
Saw this in Gross's Rangers Rants, just thought I'd pass it along...

"One post-game moment. As Callahan was addressing a horde of media members, Brad Richards stood by his neighboring locker. I went up to Richards along with another reporter, who asked Richards if he had a moment to speak. Richards replied that he didn’t have much to say as he began to leave the dressing room. I asked if that was because he was angry. “More confused and lost,” Richards said. He could have been talking about the Rangers in general, or he could have been talking about himself."

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/
And they didn't give him directions to the country club!?

Old
03-22-2013, 09:50 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
You better tell that to him that he's not finished . He certainly plays like someone who is " LOST AND CONFUSED " . Take that Scarlett letter off your jersey then and burn it . That's unacceptable . Cap crippling contract players shouldn't be lost and confused . Man up and play the game harder or tell the truth you spent more time golfing and shopping and vacationing and being involved int the NHLPA then conditioning or doing like a lot of your fellow pros did and play in Europe .
not many options bro. If we brought in ROR, then you buy him out in July, but with Getzlaf off the table, and BR being our ONLY 1C option going into next year we're stuck. He's isn't getting traded.
Nothing short of a 80p season would even give him a remote chance of not being bough out.

He an have a 100p season in 2014, he's still getting bought out.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:52 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
they will in 2014.
They should do it next year when they have more flexibility with the cap.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:53 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The writing was on the wall with the cap going down. They did it in the last lockout.

Sather's made enough mistakes to bash him - but even then I dont think he was under the impression that Brad Richards was going to be a Ranger until he was 40. He was going to be thrown some sort of lifeline to get out of it in the aftermath of the lockout.
I agree. Sather had to have known. Esp. after the Redden fiasco. People have a right not to like Sather for his arrogance, and for the moves he's made with the club, but they carry on as if they know more about the business than he does, and make absolute statements when the are oblivious to so much information that goes on behind closed doors. They read the post, and that's enough.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:54 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
They should do it next year when they have more flexibility with the cap.
isn't 2014 next year?

Old
03-22-2013, 09:59 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
isn't 2014 next year?
I'm an idiot. I mean this upcoming off-season.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:00 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
I'm an idiot. I mean this upcoming off-season.
for a second i thought i was losing it...

I'm not opposed to that either, but what are our options for 1C? I don't think Stepan is of that caliber, and if we do go that route who is 2c?

Old
03-22-2013, 10:02 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
for a second i thought i was losing it...

I'm not opposed to that either, but what are our options for 1C? I don't think Stepan is of that caliber, and if we do go that route who is 2c?
Ribiero

Old
03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
mgftp

Quote:
Del Zotto just signed, and is signed for another year. Thanks for your input.
Mcdunough, Stepan, Hagelin... And the some we lost already and couldn't sign.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:00 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

I think this entire year has been mental for Richards. I mean he's never been fast, he's always relied on his hockey sense. That's not something you expect to just disappear though, no?

Old
03-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:

That's just you applying something that is total speculation on your part and has no basis in fact to advance your argument. Whatever gets you through the day...

Old
03-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
That's just you applying something that is total speculation on your part and has no basis in fact to advance your argument. Whatever gets you through the day...
You did the same exact thing.

Except with a much more uneducated view regarding the business of hockey.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I think this entire year has been mental for Richards. I mean he's never been fast, he's always relied on his hockey sense. That's not something you expect to just disappear though, no?
Maybe. But what is the cause? Lets be real, just because this is NY doesn't mean that there is untold amounts of pressure. This isn't the Yankees. If it is mental he needs to suck it up (whatever the cause) and do his ****ing job. That's the bottom line. This whole season he has been flat out crap. It is a disgrace that he has an A on the sweater, if his problems are mental.

Weak.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Parker

Not liking Richards' game at all this year, but I have no idea who they could replace him with if he was gone. What's the alternative?

Old
03-22-2013, 11:57 AM
haveandare

I still can't get over him wearing an A.

Him being on the team playing so terribly is one thing. Maybe he's having an off-year. Maybe he made some bad decisions with the off-season freedom that the lockout gave him.

But to slap a symbol of leadership on a guy who makes that much money and plays that poorly, who says he's "lost and confused" to the media after a bad loss - it just makes no sense. He's not acting like a leader in any way at all.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
You did the same exact thing.

Except with a much more uneducated view regarding the business of hockey.
Huh? How?

Wait forget I asked...no need to perpetuate this.

Last edited by Jersey Girl: 03-22-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old
03-23-2013, 01:47 AM
Zuuuuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I still can't get over him wearing an A.
I think they may have been trying to take it away from him. First game he was out, Girardi had an A on his jersey. I'm sure they knew Richards was gonna be out for a very limited time, but they still gave his A to Girardi. Maybe if Staal didn't go down, Girardi would have kept Richards A like when Staal kept Prospals A...or maybe I read too much into that lol

Old
03-23-2013, 01:53 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

I believe in brad richards

Old
03-23-2013, 02:03 AM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

I don't question Richards' effort.

His skating and strength appear to be deteriorating at an alarming rate, however. The contrast between this year and last year is astounding. He wasn't an elite first line center last year, but he definitely was a 1st line center. This year, he has played at the level of a below average 2C, one who isn't an asset in any way whatsoever when the puck isn't on his stick. He's on pace for 42 points over an 82 game schedule.

Hopefully, this is just an effect of the shortened season. Richards' looks completely out of shape - as does Boyle, too. I have the some thoughts regarding Boyle not being in shape. I wonder if a full summer and training camp of workouts could help remedy this issue. We'll get a chance to see, because our amnesty buyout option lasts until the summer of '14, so Richards will be with the team until then.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
03-23-2013, 02:24 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I don't question Richards' effort.

His skating and strength appear to be deteriorating at an alarming rate, however. The contrast between this year and last year is astounding. He wasn't an elite first line center last year, but he definitely was a 1st line center. This year, he has played at the level of a below average 2C, one who isn't an asset in any way whatsoever when the puck isn't on his stick. He's on pace for 42 points over an 82 game schedule.

Hopefully, this is just an effect of the shortened season. Richards' looks completely out of shape - as does Boyle, too. I have the some thoughts regarding Boyle not being in shape. I wonder if a full summer and training camp of workouts could help remedy this issue. We'll get a chance to see, because our amnesty buyout option lasts until the summer of '14, so Richards will be with the team until then.
He's our only option for a possible 1C, and this team isn't going anywhere without a 1C.

We just gotta hope we get past this joke of a season and this team plays like we thought they would next year.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I believe in brad richards
he was pretty good last yr. He stinks after 25 games this yr...............Rangers need him so we better hope he can bounce back

If he doesnt it blows but the Ranger are loaded so they will do the buyout in 2014. It wont happen this offseason as he will be given a another shot after an actual camp

Closed Thread