HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Brad Richards

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2013, 06:45 AM
  #626
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,848
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I think this entire year has been mental for Richards. I mean he's never been fast, he's always relied on his hockey sense. That's not something you expect to just disappear though, no?
Yes, it can. It's the by product of playing zombie hockey for too long.

Dump and chase, dump and chase. Grind, grind, grind. No thinking allowed! That's zombie hockey. The brain is a muscle, and you have to keep working it or it'll fade.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 08:34 AM
  #627
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
^ Dorado approves !
I'm willing to bury the axe I have to grind and would love to see Brad find some assemblance of composure with the puck , confidence and maybe pot a few . This makes the NYR that much more effective . Would love to eat a huge helping of Wade Richards crow pie .
I'm not going to skip a meal in the mean time or hold my breath

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 08:38 PM
  #628
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
I think we see Richards and Gaborik have a great game tomorrow.

I think Nash makes some great moves, doesn't find the net, but grabs an A.

2nd line nets a goal.

and a PP goal. Cally.

Callagraves is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 10:19 PM
  #629
Zamboner
Your move, creep.
 
Zamboner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,648
vCash: 500
I honestly hate him more than I hated Gomez. Gomez outplayed him. And he made fun of Giannone's ties.

Zamboner is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 11:31 PM
  #630
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
Brad Richards will turn into BR2012 for the rest of the season. BRaddddddddddd Richarrrds. Clutch BR will return.

Cresto is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 11:44 PM
  #631
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Brad Richards will turn into BR2012 for the rest of the season. BRaddddddddddd Richarrrds. Clutch BR will return.
If I remember, he was pretty bad at the start of last season as well, then went INSANE.


Last edited by Bob Richards: 03-24-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Callagraves is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:09 AM
  #632
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,664
vCash: 50
This thread is about Brad Richards. Lets keep it that way.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:20 AM
  #633
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
This thread is about Brad Richards. Lets keep it that way.
Dat Brad Richards. What Richards needs to do is make the passes that he wants to make instead of JT's systematic passes and board plays. A 1C isn't suppose to be expected to play defensively sound all the time and grind to send the puck around and then get set up 2-2-1 and wait for a brain dead pass and look for another brain dead pass. Let the centers make plays. Remember game 60-82 Richards? Flying in the offensive zone with the puck with many options and taking those options instead of aimlessly carrying the puck only to send it off to someone else to hold on to for the sake of holding on to it.

Cresto is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 12:27 AM
  #634
messierjagrlundqvist
Pop Star
 
messierjagrlundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
Dat Brad Richards. What Richards needs to do is make the passes that he wants to make instead of JT's systematic passes and board plays. A 1C isn't suppose to be expected to play defensively sound all the time and grind to send the puck around and then get set up 2-2-1 and wait for a brain dead pass and look for another brain dead pass. Let the centers make plays. Remember game 60-82 Richards? Flying in the offensive zone with the puck with many options and taking those options instead of aimlessly carrying the puck only to send it off to someone else to hold on to for the sake of holding on to it.
+1

Just gotta say the Drury comparisons buried in here are ridiculous. Richards has more talent in his right arm than Drury ever had. When did Drury ever make passes like we saw from Richards with regularity last season? Luck favors the talented and for that reason, I remain hopeful that Richards will regain his form. If Richards and Gabby regain their form, and Lundqvist takes it up a notch we're a 6th seed.

messierjagrlundqvist is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 01:36 AM
  #635
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,223
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I think we see Richards and Gaborik have a great game tomorrow.

I think Nash makes some great moves, doesn't find the net, but grabs an A.

2nd line nets a goal.

and a PP goal. Cally.
Bro people say this for every game. Then the game ends with us losing 2-1 or 2-0 and we complain about the lack of offense and cohesion with the puck. This team has some glaring problems and even less depth now. Halpern was more valuable than Powe and Bickel, as well as Asham (jury is still out)
We need real bottom 6 help and guys who can play the center position on the third line. We have no chemistry whatsoever aside from our second line ( which should be our first at this point)

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash/Callahan
Kreider-Broken Beaver- Gaborik
Pyatt-Miller-Powe? Boyle ( one of the worst third lines in the NHL)
Haley-Boyle? Powe?/Asham ( horrible 4th line)

I would rather have a 37 year old Halpern than a Powe, Bickel, or Boyle

Now we see the mistakes Glen made over the summer letting our glue go.

Imagine this

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Fedotenko-Mitchell-Prust
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

Instead we have to rush a kid who is a turnover machine in Miller, b
Run with 2 4th line centers, 1 on the third line and one on the 4th.
Have a nursing home on the fourth line (aside from Haley)

And now we are bringing in friggin Newbury!!? All out of that glimmer of hope that he ignites Kreider's game....a disaster in the making. this is not a Mitchell/Hagelin situation, this is a 30 year old career AHLer who will never sniff a full time job in the NHL.

So even if Nash, or Gaborik does score a pretty goal on an individual move, we have a deeper underlying problem on our roster. Get well soon Glenn, we are hoping you will fix this mess in our bottom 6.

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 04:21 AM
  #636
Sticky Fingers
Registered User
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Bro people say this for every game. Then the game ends with us losing 2-1 or 2-0 and we complain about the lack of offense and cohesion with the puck. This team has some glaring problems and even less depth now. Halpern was more valuable than Powe and Bickel, as well as Asham (jury is still out)
We need real bottom 6 help and guys who can play the center position on the third line. We have no chemistry whatsoever aside from our second line ( which should be our first at this point)

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash/Callahan
Kreider-Broken Beaver- Gaborik
Pyatt-Miller-Powe? Boyle ( one of the worst third lines in the NHL)
Haley-Boyle? Powe?/Asham ( horrible 4th line)

I would rather have a 37 year old Halpern than a Powe, Bickel, or Boyle

Now we see the mistakes Glen made over the summer letting our glue go.

Imagine this

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Fedotenko-Mitchell-Prust
Pyatt-Boyle-Asham

Instead we have to rush a kid who is a turnover machine in Miller, b
Run with 2 4th line centers, 1 on the third line and one on the 4th.
Have a nursing home on the fourth line (aside from Haley)

And now we are bringing in friggin Newbury!!? All out of that glimmer of hope that he ignites Kreider's game....a disaster in the making. this is not a Mitchell/Hagelin situation, this is a 30 year old career AHLer who will never sniff a full time job in the NHL.

So even if Nash, or Gaborik does score a pretty goal on an individual move, we have a deeper underlying problem on our roster. Get well soon Glenn, we are hoping you will fix this mess in our bottom 6.
So we should've signed Prust 4y 2.5 AAV? That sure would've made people around here happy. And Mitchell was as hated as Boyle always is, he had like 15 points in 65 games. I do agree on Fedotenko though, at 1.1 he should've been signed!

Sticky Fingers is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 05:00 AM
  #637
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,223
vCash: 400
I'd have to think long and hard, but if it wouldn't be Pruster, it would've been 2 of Feds and Johnny Malkin for sure. Pretty sure Mitchell himself is out scoring our entire bottom 6. I could just imagine Glen rolling in his hospital bed for not re-signing him. Stop pinching your pennies with OUR guys and start doing it with UFA wine connoisseurs who are on their last legs here.

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 05:07 AM
  #638
Sticky Fingers
Registered User
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
I'd have to think long and hard, but if it wouldn't be Pruster, it would've been 2 of Feds and Johnny Malkin for sure. Pretty sure Mitchell himself is out scoring our entire bottom 6. I could just imagine Glen rolling in his hospital bed for not re-signing him. Stop pinching your pennies with OUR guys and start doing it with UFA wine connoisseurs who are on their last legs here.
But that is a hindsight decision, he had five goals last year!

Sticky Fingers is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 06:00 AM
  #639
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
But that is a hindsight decision, he had five goals last year!
More than anyone in our bottle six is going to finish with...

Callagraves is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 06:48 AM
  #640
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
a complete bust based on 25 games (even less since he missed some due to injury?).. He was awesome the 2nd half of the season last year into the playoffs. A mesely 25 games is not a good enough sample size to buy him out THIS year. I agree if he's as bad as he is this year, then you absolutely buy him out after next year, but there is no rush.
He wasnt very good the first half last season and he never displayed the smarts and especially the PP QB abilities which seemed to have vanished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Thats a wonderful mentality to have. Lets just completely waste the few good years Lundqvist has left by loading the roster with unprepared rookies.

This team is not going to rebuild. When Richards goes, he will be replaced by another guy that you'll probably complain about after 15-20 games.
I really don't think that's what he was saying. I believe it was more along the lines of "Richards has been so bad it's the SAME as having a rookie in there" and he's right the awful decisions and mistakes, lack of production it's like watching someone who hasn't been playing pro hockey. And in a cap world you'd be better off with a younger guy in there than what richards is giving us right now.


Last edited by shinchanyo: 03-24-2013 at 07:00 AM.
shinchanyo is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 06:55 AM
  #641
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I still can't get over him wearing an A.

Him being on the team playing so terribly is one thing. Maybe he's having an off-year. Maybe he made some bad decisions with the off-season freedom that the lockout gave him.

But to slap a symbol of leadership on a guy who makes that much money and plays that poorly, who says he's "lost and confused" to the media after a bad loss - it just makes no sense. He's not acting like a leader in any way at all.
When I read that it made me think concussion. maybe his concussion the year before he signed here is having long term effects? Maybe it's head trauma that's caused a once brilliant and strategic player into a turnover prone albatross?

shinchanyo is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 08:33 AM
  #642
messierjagrlundqvist
Pop Star
 
messierjagrlundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
When I read that it made me think concussion. maybe his concussion the year before he signed here is having long term effects? Maybe it's head trauma that's caused a once brilliant and strategic player into a turnover prone albatross?
I read it as Brad being too proud to put the blame on himself and what to me seems obviously his under preparation in the off season.

messierjagrlundqvist is offline  
Old
03-24-2013, 09:24 AM
  #643
shinchanyo
Registered User
 
shinchanyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 2,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by messierjagrlundqvist View Post
I read it as Brad being too proud to put the blame on himself and what to me seems obviously his under preparation in the off season.
Yea but poor conditioning doesnt jive right this far into a season and it also doesnt explain a lot of this purely lacking in intelligence plays he's consistently made. he's literally dumb on the ice frequently

shinchanyo is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 04:18 PM
  #644
dkt2299
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Buy richards out - for the love of god!

How many excuses do we need to make up for this guy? He will be a cement block tied around our collective Rangers neck for the next 9 years. PLEASE buy this 4th line center out ASAP. Use that money to sign someone who can actually play this sport. Richards is terrible. I don't think getting any older is going to make him any better.
CUT BAIT!! MOVE ON ALREADY!

dkt2299 is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
  #645
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Buy put ASAP don't want to risk an injury where you can't and he retires and your stuck with his cap past his buy out option .

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 04:30 PM
  #646
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,664
vCash: 50
You can't buy him out ASAP. At least wait till the off-season. Letting him go now leaves us short a center in our already depleted center depth. Who replaces him?

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 04:32 PM
  #647
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
What I mean ASAP post this year

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 04:33 PM
  #648
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
You can't buy him out ASAP. At least wait till the off-season. Letting him go now leaves us short a center in our already depleted center depth. Who replaces him?
Would you keep him for the rest of next season?

If there is no-one available that's what will likely happen. Unfortunately. Hopefully if he is here next season he will be back to normal.

Riverdale is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 04:33 PM
  #649
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Meaning not two summers . If guy rebounds great let him do it elsewhere and lets get younger bigger faster , cheaper

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-25-2013, 04:35 PM
  #650
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,664
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Would you keep him for the rest of next season?

If there is no-one available that's what will likely happen. Unfortunately. Hopefully if he is here next season he will be back to normal.
Personally, I'd keep him until the end of next season where we use the Amnesty Buyout regardless of how well he plays. Hopefully we can find an adequate replacement and maybe Stepan grows even more.

Bob Richards is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.