HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Brad Richards

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Dorado*

vCash: 500
The guy is an albatross perched atop the anchor waiting to be thrown overboard .
AHOY ANCHORS AWAY !!!

Old
03-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Personally, I'd keep him until the end of next season where we use the Amnesty Buyout regardless of how well he plays. Hopefully we can find an adequate replacement and maybe Stepan grows even more.
Who knows...we might have to find a replacement for Stepan .

Old
03-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Who knows...we might have to find a replacement for Stepan .
He isn't going anywhere. He will be an RFA and Slats seems to handle those rather well.

03-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Dorado*

If pro scouts think his legs are dead don't see why we don't cut bait and try and make a hockey trade for a center . I honestly haven't hated a player this much since Poti and Redden

Old
03-25-2013, 05:10 PM
azaloum90

They're paying him too much money to buy him out so soon... Better believe that Slats will wait as long as possible to use that buyout.. When he does, it WILL be on Richards.

Old
03-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
They're paying him too much money to buy him out so soon... Better believe that Slats will wait as long as possible to use that buyout.. When he does, it WILL be on Richards.
I guess if that's the case he has no problem with the team continuing to suck , have his coach pander to said sucking player who's sucky play his sucking the life out of the entire line up

Old
03-25-2013, 05:42 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinchanyo View Post
When I read that it made me think concussion. maybe his concussion the year before he signed here is having long term effects? Maybe it's head trauma that's caused a once brilliant and strategic player into a turnover prone albatross?
It made me think of a guy who's refusing to admit that he took the lockout as an excuse to not prepare for a hockey season. Not having the right conditioning base for the start of the season will make a player look not only slow, but stupid as well. When your body can't keep up with the play, it doesn't matter if your mind can. I think he can still think the game properly, he just didn't prepare enough to play it that way. You absolutely must have the base conditioning to play your best. You can't try to catch up with it halfway through a dense schedule.

I think there's a small chance that Brad will look much better next season, assuming that he learns from this season's mistake and conditions himself properly

Old
03-25-2013, 05:55 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I think the lockout shortening the season really saved a lot of peoples ***** this coming summer.

I'd say it's slightly reasonable to take poor performances/bad coaching with a grain of salt. Next season/summer is where major decisions need to be made tho obv

Old
03-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
It made me think of a guy who's refusing to admit that he took the lockout as an excuse to not prepare for a hockey season. Not having the right conditioning base for the start of the season will make a player look not only slow, but stupid as well. When your body can't keep up with the play, it doesn't matter if your mind can. I think he can still think the game properly, he just didn't prepare enough to play it that way. You absolutely must have the base conditioning to play your best. You can't try to catch up with it halfway through a dense schedule.

I think there's a small chance that Brad will look much better next season, assuming that he learns from this season's mistake and conditions himself properly
So 36 holes a day between PEI ,east end NY , Fishers island , wine tastings and pining over being publicly called a dud by a tv star wasn't a good idea

Old
03-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Every time I see this thread I get frustrated. Dammit Brad, pick your **** up.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:12 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Bard Richards...

Old
03-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Pizza

My memory may be failing me but have we ever had a significant free agent signing that wound up being worth a damn? Just can't think of one at the moment.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
My memory may be failing me but have we ever had a significant free agent signing that wound up being worth a damn? Just can't think of one at the moment.
His name rhymes with Librarian....

Old
03-25-2013, 06:23 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Drury and Gomez did much better their second season here. Brad is falling apart game after game. He should be embarrassed.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:23 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Marty Straka was the man.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:24 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

Steps has been embarrassing the wine connoisseur on an every game basis. Richards should be embarrassed. What a loser...."I'm lost and confused" no comments from me today. I already got my upfront $12 lemons, what do I owe you Giannone? What a primmadonna. Go out and play, don't wallow in your misery you sad excuse for a 1st line center. When you get out-muscled by Ribeiro, you don't deserve to play with Nash and Gaborik. Would have loved to see them in between a real 1st line center.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Vidic15

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Steps has been embarrassing the wine connoisseur on an every game basis. Richards should be embarrassed. What a loser...."I'm lost and confused" no comments from me today. I already got my upfront $12 lemons, what do I owe you Giannone? What a primmadonna. Go out and play, don't wallow in your misery you sad excuse for a 1st line center. When you get out-muscled by Ribeiro, you don't deserve to play with Nash and Gaborik. Would have loved to see them in between a real 1st line center.
Does seem like he's a very weak-minded person. I think the ladies have gotten to his head and ruined his confidence. Hard to believe those are the words of a former Conn Smythe winner.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:27 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I think the lockout shortening the season really saved a lot of peoples ***** this coming summer.

I'd say it's slightly reasonable to take poor performances/bad coaching with a grain of salt. Next season/summer is where major decisions need to be made tho obv
i feel the same way.. slight tweaks at this trade deadline and offseason, however if this continues into next year by nov/dec.. major changes are going to happen during the season and offseason; buy out richards forsure, doesnt even matter how he finishes up this year and next.. hes gone, but coaching changes, gab traded etc will happen as well.. as eklund say dominos will fall hahah.. but seriously this season sucked bc i think a lot of how torts is successful is based off of training camp.. along with that and turnover of our players and even on going changes during this season so far with injuries and stuff to our premier players i think this is a pass year, but wont be acceptable next year.. heads will roll!!

Old
03-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Dorado*

Richards likes his wine and his golf and hell be back to both of those soon enough .

Old
03-25-2013, 06:31 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Man In View Post
Drury and Gomez did much better their second season here. Brad is falling apart game after game. He should be embarrassed.
very true.. richards has fallen off the map just like dru did.. but i honestly didnt think gomez was that bad here.. i think the players around him sucked or were very young (callahan, dubinsky, korp) He played well with jagr.. people expected him to score goals here, he was never a goal scorer.. just an amazing skater and passer with great hockey sense and vision.

he played great with jagr when he was here, i think if we some how managed to keep jagr (which we shouldve) or get gabs and they both played together that wouldve been an amazin combo.. so much speed.. all gabs had to do was find the open space and gomez wouldve dished it to him.

haha however hard to dwell on that when we got MCD hahaha mtl suckers!!

Old
03-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Did someone change the title....

Old
03-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Did someone change the title....
LOL. Won't lie, that meme was hilarious, but I'm going to need to change it back.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:36 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

Very true, good assessment dethomas, I actually agree Gomez and Gabby would have been deadly here together. Too bad we traded one for McDonagh and then signed Gaborik with the money saved still Glen's best move as a GM. Going to be hard to top that one. A top pairing stud D-man in his early 20s and a 40 goal, 80 point player in his late 20s for a second line center who was scoring 60-65 a season. What a move by Slats.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Pizza

I'll take that as a no. The phrase "shadow of his former self" applies to yet another New York Rangers free agent signing. No surprise.

Why do we keep doing this to ourselves. The next time someone says playing NHL hockey in New York is no big deal, I'm gonna dust em like a curio cabinet. MSG turns erstwhile NHL stars into scrubs.

Brad Richards needs to shut the @#$% up, dig out those balls he left in his closet, put them on and play some hockey. Guy sounds like a total *****.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:38 PM
showjaxx

vCash: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
His name rhymes with Librarian....

Closed Thread