HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs vs. Canadian teams @ SPB

Old
04-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Senatus Praetor

vCash: 500
Playoffs vs. Canadian teams @ SPB

Last night's game made me want to tear my own ears off my head. I can't really remember the Leafs series' anymore. How many Leafs fans got in to Sens home games? If we get in and end up playing Montreal how bad is it gonna be and is there anyway for the organization to stop it?

Senatus Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:45 PM
HavlatMach9

Happens everywhere, even out west. Large contingent of fans from teams like Chicago showing up elsewhere and making it a pseudo home game.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:00 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Why does anyone give a ****.

Get some more guys and go the game together.

It's a mixture of things we can control and things we can't.

1) Ottawa residents are horrifyingly quiet besides the playoffs where you see the lively ones come out.

2) We are stuck in a location between the 2 most successful franchises in NHL history.

It will change soon when Karlsson and the young Swedes make us contenders for years to come, you'll see life out of the fans and the new generation into it don't worry.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:04 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

I don't understand why people care either. As long as the seats are being filled I dont really care who sits in them.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
I don't understand why people care either. As long as the seats are being filled I dont really care who sits in them.
It is rather dispiriting when the home team doesn't get the support from the crowd

I don't think it bothers the players (I do think it helps the Leafs though) but I know I'm never going to bother paying through the nose to go to one of those games

Last night as the Leafs scored their fourth goal there was a shot in the crowd: a swath of Toronto fans with one Ottawa fan smack in the middle just looking absolutely miserable, almost like he wanted to cry (it wasn't a kid or anything). I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to live that: I'm fine with the team losing if I buy expensive seats; I'm not fine if I get taunted by our arch rivals at a home game though, not when the tickets are so expensive.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:54 PM
TristanH

I could not agree with you more!

I have season tickets in the 200 level.. and last night was by far the most frustrating game. I would say there were maybe 5-10 sens fans at the most in my section who were vocal.. and the rest extremely quiet.

We had maybe 15 leafs fans in our section and every one of them was vocal.

I am more frustrated with sens fans then leafs fans. Instead of complaining about them... compete against them. In my opinion the reason they get the edge at our games is because sens fans don't compete.. there are more sens fans in the building!!! Cheer!! That way when you get "GO LEAFS GO" .. the sens fans overpower them with our cheers!

This is exactly what is missing ... a lot of sens fans prefer to sit there and complain..but won't cheer themselves. Our team is getting beat in our arena.. AND our fans are being beat in our arena. 2-0 Leafs!!!!!

So last night. I was cheering " GO PAGEAU " multiple times as I felt he was one of the most effective players on the ice. Two guys sitting a few rows down from me turn around and one of them gives me a dirty look and says "Boy.. you really like Pageau don't you" in this snarky tone... the woman beside me also didn't say a word the whole game and looked angry that I was into the game and cheering...

Instead of complaining about the leaf fans in our building.. BE LOUDER THEN THEM! The energy this will give the sens will be incredible..

But that won't happen unless instead of having a "lock them out of the bank strategy" .. we have a "BE LOUDER THEN THEM" strategy!!! Pump the fans up.. get the dancers in the stands getting people going.. have that crazy dude who shows up in the stands throwing sens shirts everywhere.. WHATEVER!! Win the damn arena back.. It's not rocket science.. it's coming up with a better strategy then trying to keep them out of our arena. That is never going to happen!!!!

Sens fans.... time to step up to the plate, stop complaining about an overachieving sens team.... and be the best fan you can be.

I'd like to hear a OOOH AHHH SILFVERBERG chant to get this kid rolling again. This is a group of young guys.. they need the confidence booster.

From one die hard sens fan to another... Lets *** do this!!!!!!!!! GO SENS GO!!! GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Why does anyone give a ****.

Get some more guys and go the game together.

It's a mixture of things we can control and things we can't.

1) Ottawa residents are horrifyingly quiet besides the playoffs where you see the lively ones come out.

2) We are stuck in a location between the 2 most successful franchises in NHL history.

It will change soon when Karlsson and the young Swedes make us contenders for years to come, you'll see life out of the fans and the new generation into it don't worry.

TristanH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 02:57 PM
TristanH

Of course it bothers the players.. why do you think we get spanked in our own arena? You're at home and the energy is tipped towards the opposing team. It gets into the heads of the players... the arena explodes when the other team scores. It takes the wind out of their sails....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
It is rather dispiriting when the home team doesn't get the support from the crowd

I don't think it bothers the players (I do think it helps the Leafs though) but I know I'm never going to bother paying through the nose to go to one of those games

Last night as the Leafs scored their fourth goal there was a shot in the crowd: a swath of Toronto fans with one Ottawa fan smack in the middle just looking absolutely miserable, almost like he wanted to cry (it wasn't a kid or anything). I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars to live that: I'm fine with the team losing if I buy expensive seats; I'm not fine if I get taunted by our arch rivals at a home game though, not when the tickets are so expensive.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:00 PM
BankStreetParade

It wouldn't be so bad if the team wouldn't **** the bed at home everytime against the Leafs. If the team wants their fans to cheer for them, then they need to give them something to cheer about.

Our last two home games vs. the Leafs:

8 goals for the Leafs
1 goal for the Sens

That's ****ing embarrassing. And very hard to blame the fans for not being more "into the game".

BankStreetParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:03 PM
TristanH

This attitude is exactly the same attitude that most fans have "GIVE US A REASON TO CHEER" .. it's BS... We had a million shots in the game, tons of pressure and only in the 3rd period did they run away with the game... even before all that the support wasn't there. The damn team needs a confidence booster that the fans can give them. Of course the players feel the energy of a team in behind them... that can help lift the team and get going. When Ottawa gets down 1-0 the whole arena shuts up..

Argh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankStreetParade View Post
It wouldn't be so bad if the team wouldn't **** the bed at home everytime against the Leafs. If the team wants their fans to cheer for them, then they need to give them something to cheer about.

Our last two home games vs. the Leafs:

8 goals for the Leafs
1 goal for the Sens

That's ****ing embarrassing. And very hard to blame the fans for not being more "into the game".

Old
04-21-2013, 03:10 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanH View Post
I could not agree with you more!

I have season tickets in the 200 level.. and last night was by far the most frustrating game. I would say there were maybe 5-10 sens fans at the most in my section who were vocal.. and the rest extremely quiet.

We had maybe 15 leafs fans in our section and every one of them was vocal.

I am more frustrated with sens fans then leafs fans. Instead of complaining about them... compete against them. In my opinion the reason they get the edge at our games is because sens fans don't compete.. there are more sens fans in the building!!! Cheer!! That way when you get "GO LEAFS GO" .. the sens fans overpower them with our cheers!

This is exactly what is missing ... a lot of sens fans prefer to sit there and complain..but won't cheer themselves. Our team is getting beat in our arena.. AND our fans are being beat in our arena. 2-0 Leafs!!!!!

So last night. I was cheering " GO PAGEAU " multiple times as I felt he was one of the most effective players on the ice. Two guys sitting a few rows down from me turn around and one of them gives me a dirty look and says "Boy.. you really like Pageau don't you" in this snarky tone... the woman beside me also didn't say a word the whole game and looked angry that I was into the game and cheering...

Instead of complaining about the leaf fans in our building.. BE LOUDER THEN THEM! The energy this will give the sens will be incredible..

But that won't happen unless instead of having a "lock them out of the bank strategy" .. we have a "BE LOUDER THEN THEM" strategy!!! Pump the fans up.. get the dancers in the stands getting people going.. have that crazy dude who shows up in the stands throwing sens shirts everywhere.. WHATEVER!! Win the damn arena back.. It's not rocket science.. it's coming up with a better strategy then trying to keep them out of our arena. That is never going to happen!!!!

Sens fans.... time to step up to the plate, stop complaining about an overachieving sens team.... and be the best fan you can be.

I'd like to hear a OOOH AHHH SILFVERBERG chant to get this kid rolling again. This is a group of young guys.. they need the confidence booster.

From one die hard sens fan to another... Lets *** do this!!!!!!!!! GO SENS GO!!! GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!!
Exactly; I like your spirit. We should catch a game together. We need more fans like you.

Anyone else interested next time I'm in the area let me know. My group is without a doubt the most vocal group.

So vocal I almost got into a fight with a Sens fan who said I was bothering his kid from trying to sleep. I kid you not.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Exactly; I like your spirit. We should catch a game together. We need more fans like you.

Anyone else interested next time I'm in the area let me know. My group is without a doubt the most vocal group.

So vocal I almost got into a fight with a Sens fan who said I was bothering his kid from trying to sleep. I kid you not.
Holy crap, if your kid is going to sleep at a hockey game don't take him. And how could you possibly even sleep in such a load place anyways?

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Quo

I gotta say...Tristan is bang on here.

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:18 PM
TristanH

Sure!! I Love where are seats are at.. but honestly.. I was tempted to scalp my tickets and go to the 300 level instead.

Last night I kept getting looks from this one woman.. and I wasn't even that loud! and at one point I might have accidently said " You realize this isn't the ballet? Cheering is what happens at a sporting event" .... she didn't really like that =)) But what can I say.. I'm a pationate fan... I Love this team!

What is SO frustrating is this team is overachieving and people are still complaining. I Love to see a win.. but also understand how tough of a game this is.. and how incredibly well Maclean has had this team playing.

I was upset about the leafs win last night..but at least we haven't waited 9 years to make the playoffs.

Let me know.. I'm up for watching a game with the group!!

Quote:

Old
04-21-2013, 03:22 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Holy crap, if your kid is going to sleep at a hockey game don't take him. And how could you possibly even sleep in such a load place anyways?
Man you have no idea. I was laughing the entire time, I didn't pursue it further cause he was a Sens fan and had his kid with him.

It was just ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanH View Post
Sure!! I Love where are seats are at.. but honestly.. I was tempted to scalp my tickets and go to the 300 level instead.

Last night I kept getting looks from this one woman.. and I wasn't even that loud! and at one point I might have accidently said " You realize this isn't the ballet? Cheering is what happens at a sporting event" .... she didn't really like that =)) But what can I say.. I'm a pationate fan... I Love this team!

What is SO frustrating is this team is overachieving and people are still complaining. I Love to see a win.. but also understand how tough of a game this is.. and how incredibly well Maclean has had this team playing.

I was upset about the leafs win last night..but at least we haven't waited 9 years to make the playoffs.

Let me know.. I'm up for watching a game with the group!!
Exactly, God, this is the spirit Sens fans are supposed to possess.

Old
04-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Melnyks Mirage
We're doomed.

vCash: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatus Praetor View Post
Last night's game made me want to tear my own ears off my head. I can't really remember the Leafs series' anymore. How many Leafs fans got in to Sens home games? If we get in and end up playing Montreal how bad is it gonna be and is there anyway for the organization to stop it?
Win the Cup.
That's the only way to shut up any fans. Once the Senatros win the Cup Habs and Leafs fans that straddle the line between liking their team and the Senators will switch over fully, fans will get louder and prouder.

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 03:37 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Come playoff time and a Canadian matchup, I think we'd definitely have more fans then the opposing fan base in our arena.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 04:04 PM
starling

Quote:
Man you have no idea. I was laughing the entire time, I didn't pursue it further cause he was a Sens fan and had his kid with him.

It was just ridiculous.
And why do you care how people choose to spend their money?

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 06:19 PM
ottawa
go habs go

The sens got unlucky to be located between Toronto and Montreal, had the sens not disbanded for 80 years then their fanbase would be strong enough to be invading Montreal and Toronto just like habs and leafs fans invade the sens games or each others games.

I think more sens fans also come out during the playoffs (bandwagon fans), I see friends of mines who couldn't even name the sens' 2nd line go to playoff games and make a thousand sens related fb statuses, so in a sens/canadian team playoff game I don't think the atmosphere will be worse than it is in a regular season game but there will still be tons of opposing fans I bet.

04-21-2013, 06:27 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
The sens got unlucky to be located between Toronto and Montreal, had the sens not disbanded for 80 years then their fanbase would be strong enough to be invading Montreal and Toronto just like habs and leafs fans invade the sens games or each others games.

I think more sens fans also come out during the playoffs (bandwagon fans), I see friends of mines who couldn't even name the sens' 2nd line go to playoff games and make a thousand sens related fb statuses, so in a sens/canadian team playoff game I don't think the atmosphere will be worse than it is in a regular season game but there will still be tons of opposing fans I bet.
Lol, I live in Toronto and 60% of the Leaf fans I know don't know more than 5 players.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:51 PM
cdavis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
Because there is a distinct advantage when playing at home (As you can see from our home and away records). When a team like Toronto or Montreal comes to town and play us they pretty much remove our home ice advantage.

cdavis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 07:01 PM
BrawlFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatus Praetor View Post
Dude I'm with you. Take a look at my post history. I'm simply sickened at how weak our fan base is. If these ppl had any pride in themselves they wouldnt sell their tickets at the first chance they get. Do yourself a favour and find tickets and go to the game. I go to every single Leaf game in Ottawa and I'm not even kidding. Ignore these pathetic excuses for fans, their greed disgusts me.

BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
Dude I'm with you. Take a look at my post history. I'm simply sickened at how weak our fan base is. If these ppl had any pride in themselves they wouldnt sell their tickets at the first chance they get. Do yourself a favour and find tickets and go to the game. I go to every single Leaf game in Ottawa and I'm not even kidding. Ignore these pathetic excuses for fans, their greed disgusts me.
I think it'd be awesome if the Sens came out with WWII propaganda-type posters about the 'perils' of selling your tickets to opposing fans. It'd be a great way to call attention to it, and have a little fun with it at the same time so we don't look like sticks in the mud.

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:00 PM
QuattroFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
Most of our loud and rowdy fanbase is in their early to mid 20's so it's a bit hard for them to buy tickets to every game. I still think the Sens are another 20 years from seeing real change against other canadian cities. But remember that successful fanbases ultimately rely on bandwagoners. In order to get bandwagoners you gotta win.

QuattroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Montresor

We have a young fanbase, give it a couple of years and the youngin's will be older and be able to afford more tickets, and the team should get better and bring in more people. We're a young franchise stuck in the middle of 2 oldest and enormous franchises. They just also happen to be our rivals.

Montresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavis View Post
Because there is a distinct advantage when playing at home (As you can see from our home and away records). When a team like Toronto or Montreal comes to town and play us they pretty much remove our home ice advantage.
The home ice advantage is much more about last change than it is about the crowd

The crowd is a nice little bonus and can matter when something big happens, but I honestly don't think it bothers the Senators that much when the Leafs fans try to invade SBP, I do think it emboldens the Leafs though.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote