HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karlsson - Achilles Tendon - Practicing w Team, May Return to Lineup Soon - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Matte99

vCash: 500
EKs been on ice 9-10 times according to an interview in a swedish paper on the 9th.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle16564892.ab

Old
04-11-2013, 03:58 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I would be amazed if Karlsson returns this yr, I also doubt Spezza returns this yr. We are still awaiting Cowen & Michalek & they were suppose to be any day now. It would make more sense to let their best players wait until next yr & get a number of more months to heal properly. The NHL playoffs are so intense they could easily get reinjured, in a yr where we are not expected to go any where why risk it?

Old
04-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Step
GO SENS GO

vCash: 50
God...we need one of these 2 guys back.

04-11-2013, 04:24 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I would be amazed if Karlsson returns this yr, I also doubt Spezza returns this yr. We are still awaiting Cowen & Michalek & they were suppose to be any day now. It would make more sense to let their best players wait until next yr & get a number of more months to heal properly. The NHL playoffs are so intense they could easily get reinjured, in a yr where we are not expected to go any where why risk it?
Part of it is because if you don't go balls to the walls for the playoffs when will you

Obviously management weighs the pros and cons but I seriously think there are somethings that bleed from management to the players and management "protecting a player" is not something the players who are playing will take very well

It's all about attitude really: if you want your team giving 110% all the time then management has a harder time holding back players (especially when those players want to play more than anything)

Old
04-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Slow Hands
The feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Part of it is because if you don't go balls to the walls for the playoffs when will you

Obviously management anagement weighs the pros and cons but I seriously think there are somethings that bleed from management to the players and management "protecting a player" is not something the players who are playing will take very well

It's all about attitude really: if you want your team giving 110% all the time then management has a harder time holding back players (especially when those players want to play more than anything)
It's one thing to go balls to the wall with a minor injury, but I think you guys are forgetting the severity of Karlsson's injury.

Old
04-11-2013, 04:58 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Everything post in this thread, or otherwise is merely speculation on our part. We are not doctors... we do not know the condition of Karlsson's achilles nor how quickly he heals. 70% clean cut means that 30% of his achilles was already 100% okay. If it was a clean cut then it will likely heal more quickly than a rupture or otherwise. He is also not a player I have seen injured with any regularity, which means his body, though small is obviously tough. This kid may be 65% recovered and his achilles may be 90% healed... how are we to know?

Old
04-11-2013, 05:00 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

The team isn't going to put a franchise player at risk for an extra couple of home playoff games.

If he plays its because very expensive doctors believe he's ready.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:01 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
The team isn't going to put a franchise player at risk for an extra couple of home playoff games.

Finally, some sense.

Old
04-11-2013, 05:06 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:

Obviously management weighs the pros and cons but I seriously think there are somethings that bleed from management to the players and management "protecting a player" is not something the players who are playing will take very well

I think it will be more about next season when their rookies will all have a yr of experience including hopefully some playoff experience. IF Ottawa could get out of the first round then the door opens a little for maybe Spezza returning but I doubt we see either Spezza or Karlsson in the 1st rd. We are already seeing the intensity has increased since the deadline & it will continue to ratchet up as we get closer to the playoffs & then up another notch when the playoffs start. It remains to be seen whether this team at this time are able to step it up themselves to meet the intensity of another team who may be at full strength & have been racheting their play up themselves for the last few weeks.

I agree it is about attitude but we also can't discount experience & having your best players available to play. I think we are just still too young to get past the 1st rd & hampered by not having a healthy Karlsson & Spezza in the lineup. Not to mention we don't know how healthy & in game shape Cowen & Michalek will be. It's too bad because with a complete healthy lineup this could be a pretty good team this yr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hands View Post
It's one thing to go balls to the wall with a minor injury, but I think you guys are forgetting the severity of Karlsson's injury.
And Spezza's ... not to mention whether Cowen & Michalek will be 100% too.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:10 PM
dearyou

Saw Karlsson at the Masters on Wednesday. it was awesome. he was great to chat with. he was surprised I recognized him...and I told him I was from Winnipeg.
When I asked him if he'd back back this year to help my fantasy team... he said "you better drop me."
won't be back this year

Last edited by dearyou: 04-12-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 02:19 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearyou View Post
When I asked him if he'd back back this year to help my fantasy team... he said "you better drop me."
won't be back this year
You should have asked if he would be back for this season, not whether he help could your fantasy team . Different answers depending how you asked.

Cool pic . How tall are you? In the picture you are the same height as him.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:28 PM
dearyou

I'm 6'0". but also...that hat I got on sits pretty high.
I asked if he'd be back at all this season and all he said was "nope...that's why I'm here!"

I think he was staying for most of the weekend.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:
I'm 6'0". but also...that hat I got on sits pretty high.
I asked if he'd be back at all this season and all he said was "nope...that's why I'm here!"

I think he was staying for most of the weekend.
Not to be mean or anything but I don't think he'd be telling just anyone he ran into if he'd be back or not

Still that's a nice picture, good on ya!

Old
04-12-2013, 02:44 PM
One Turris God
Gersei Chongar

Quote:
Saw Karlsson at the Masters on Wednesday. it was awesome. he was great to chat with. he was surprised I recognized him...and I told him I was from Winnipeg.
won't be back this year

Classic Swede.. you can clearly see a tin in his right pocket

Could you see any incision scars? Or was he wearing high-top shoes or something?

Any way, great picture!

Old
04-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Not to be mean or anything but I don't think he'd be telling just anyone he ran into if he'd be back or not

Still that's a nice picture, good on ya!
Disagree, why wouldn't he be honest? I'm sure he's not assuming that this stranger will be going on HFBoards right after and telling everyone about his experience.

Mind you, maybe he is just telling everyone he talks to (outside of the Sens) that he won't be back so that he can surprise everyone.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:47 PM
dearyou

the scar is massive.

he was extremely friendly and chill.

I do realize that he wouldn't divulge any secrets....but it did seem genuine that he wouldn't be back any time soon.

Old
04-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

I guess it's crystal clear now what Garrioch statement that hee "will not be skating for the remainder of the week" meant. haha

Old
04-12-2013, 02:49 PM
OttawaSenators11

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post

Exactly! As fans, we shouldn't worry about Karlsson, Spezza, etc being rushed! It wont happen.

Old
Flamingo

That sounded like a candid admission that he won't try to return this year. Oh well.

Old
Pancakes Pancakes

Quote:
the scar is massive.

he was extremely friendly and chill.

I do realize that he wouldn't divulge any secrets....but it did seem genuine that he wouldn't be back any time soon.
It's kind of funny though that in the media we are reading quotes from Alfie saying he is working hard to come back and he thinks he has a chance to, but then we get the other end of it from Karlsson speaking to random strangers at the Masters.

I wonder if he would say the same if he was in Ottawa to someone on the street.

Old
04-12-2013, 03:01 PM
SenzZen

Quote:
won't be back this year

Thanks for the story.

You ****er!

Old
04-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Did you ask him if he's been in touch with Melnyk's Forensic experts at all?

Old
04-12-2013, 03:07 PM
shootingrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post

Old
04-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Pittsburgh's in Florida for games yesterday and tomorrow. Erik's probably on Matt Cooke's trail, and took a hop over to Augusta between stakeouts.

Old
04-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
won't be back this year
He said he won't be back this year?

Either way, he's probably been advised not to tell the public much.

Closed Thread