HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Karlsson - Achilles Tendon - Practicing w Team, May Return to Lineup Soon - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 05:08 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
Man I'm embarrassed that so many people believe it was not an accident. They are in the minority but still. I'm curious how many of these posters who believe there was intent played contact hockey.
You are too easily embarrassed. Denis Potvin,Matt Carkner and others believe it was not an accident and I guess they've played some hockey.I understand Karlsson is also convinced it was no accident.

Whether it was intentional or the outcome of a reckless play or totally innocent ,no one knows for sure except Cooke.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Smash88

vCash: 50
Quote:
Man I'm embarrassed that so many people believe it was not an accident. They are in the minority but still. I'm curious how many of these posters who believe there was intent played contact hockey.
I've played hockey my entire life and I'll tell you one thing, when i went to hit someone my leg was never 2 feet in the air, So I'm not exactly sure what type of hockey you played...

Now, was his intent to slice Karlsson leg, no I don't believe so.. But it wasn't a "routine" hockey play, like i've seen so many people say...

Old
02-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Hey! I believe Icelevel's email just got read on the Team. Said he will never listen again because nobody is backing Karlsson...

Ha

Old
02-19-2013, 03:11 PM
johan f

vCash: 500
I have played, I have watched, I have coached hockey and I have been to uncountable of hockeybarns, and never seen a play like that. Standing as a ***** aside a player and lifting the leg like a friggin dog. NO, that is not normal. Period.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:13 PM
SenzZen

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he tried to slewfoot Karlsson, but he's too strong on his skates and too smart to let Cooke sucker him like that. That's why the skate was up.

What happened was certainly the result of Cooke's reckless play. So did he purposely intend to stomp on Karlsson's leg as they went into the corner? I sincerely doubt that. Was it an accident that Karlsson got injured? I have my doubts there, too.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:14 PM
2Cowen

vCash: 920
I hope that piece of **** gets whats coming to him. Since when does pinning a player against the board requires the lift of a leg?

Old
02-19-2013, 05:17 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

The problem is that it's impossible to prove.

Case closed.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Thanks man, I agree with you. I also wanna thank the other fans from other fanbases showing their support. Glad you guys enjoy Karlsson as much as we do. It's seriously a shame to see one of the best get taken out by literally the most pathetic.
Fixed it for you.

I believe you will find most of the Bruin fans agree that cooke has too many "accidents".

Shame on the NHL...Shame on the Pens...Shame on Mario.

cooke needs to be out of the NHL because he will strike again.

I am very pissed off about him injuring (on purpose) Karlsson. I still miss Savard. .

02-19-2013, 05:22 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Sad to see people still arguing about this..

Old
02-19-2013, 06:06 PM
starling

Pretty much what Cooke was trying to do:

Giordano has a hearing today even though he has no suspension history and there was no injury on the play.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Flamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post

Giordano has a hearing today even though he has no suspension history and there was no injury on the play.
Exactly what Cooke was trying to do, with the mid-section lift and knee-beneath-the-seat. Except Cooke lifted his foot, making his even less of a hockey play. Totally don't understand everyone defending him.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Ed Wood

The only good that will come out of this is the post that suggested that Crosby sent Cooke out to deliberately injure Karlsson because he was stealing his spotlight. Most hilarious post ever and the guy was serious.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:40 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post

Case closed.
Case is closed when fans don't show interest anymore. No one here is presuming to be able to affect any decision makers but it can and will be discussed until posters stop showing interest.

I don't think it is impossible to prove at all (well, depends on what you want to prove I guess). The play was reckless, that's an easy one to me. I don't think he intended to hurt Karlsson but it doesn't make any difference. As I've posted before together with many others: you just don't pin a player like that. The only reason to do so is to gain an advantage because you fear you won't be able to succeed in pinning the other player. It is not strange at all that a player who tries to pin a player with body on one side and by his leg on the other (i.e. lifting his leg as Cooke did) will end up hurting someone.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:30 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling View Post

Hahaha...

Old
02-20-2013, 06:11 AM
DrunkUncleDenis
HasManCrushOnSmith

vCash: 3924
Lock it in, EK wins the Norris again next year. This guy is going to have an inferno lit under his ass and a chip on his shoulder.

....I read through the last page and I started getting mad again so I'm trying to be positive, ok?

Old
02-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan f View Post
I have played, I have watched, I have coached hockey and I have been to uncountable of hockeybarns, and never seen a play like that. Standing as a ***** aside a player and lifting the leg like a friggin dog. NO, that is not normal. Period.
One of the VP's where I work is a huge Pens fan and we often debate about our teams. His sons both play hockey in callege at a fairly high level.

He just came by and said he hopes the Pens get rid of cooke because he has had enough of the injuries to good players.

I was ready to yell at him if he defend that ass but he said he watched that replay several times and cooke had no reason to put his skate in the air and stomp Karlsson.

Nice to see SOME Pens fans see the light.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Gotta love Aaron Ward. He says Hansen deserves a suspension/fine for his head shot/hit/whatever-you-call-it on Hossa because he should have been responsible, like a high stick, even though it was accidental. What a hypocrite.

Edit: The NHL as well.

Last edited by Benny FTW: 02-20-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old
02-20-2013, 06:25 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post

Case closed.
Apparently it wasn't so impossible to prove Jannik Hansen's intent.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Let it go already...

Old
02-26-2013, 05:38 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Random Karlsson thought, imagine if he had played with the pizza line in their prime. This season he was creating so many opportunities but nobody was able to finish. Always, always, a step a head of everyone.

I could see him matching all their point totals. 100+ points. Would have been sweet.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Random Karlsson thought, imagine if he had played with the pizza line in their prime. This season he was creating so many opportunities but nobody was able to finish. Always, always, a step a head of everyone.

I could see him matching all their point totals. 100+ points. Would have been sweet.
Bring on Sochi.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:05 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkUncleDenis View Post
Lock it in, EK wins the Norris again next year. This guy is going to have an inferno lit under his ass and a chip on his shoulder.

....I read through the last page and I started getting mad again so I'm trying to be positive, ok?
We'll see, he will have to stay healthy.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
So for my fantasy purposes, if he going to be back at all during the regular season? Doubtful?

Old
03-02-2013, 12:48 PM
HavlatMach9

Yes.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:21 PM
R2010

And this is more proof of why Erik Karlsson is the best defenceman in the NHL

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1467

Closed Thread