HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joe Corvo And Jiri Tlusty

Old
02-14-2013, 11:06 PM
PARKYRULES
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Joe Corvo And Jiri Tlusty

What are your thoughts on these 2 guys making an impact the past couple of games for Carolina? I really like the way Joe Corvo has been playing. Seems like he wants to be out there and being very offensive. And for Tlusty, playing with Semin and Staal he seems to be a good finisher. Also on the 1st PP unit with them. Are these guys gonna keep it up? Tell me what you think.

PARKYRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Impossible to say weather they'll keep it up. But barring any injuries, Tlusty-Eric-Semin will continue to be the top line and will score some points.

Corvo, I'm going to give him credit for once. He's played pretty well in the past couple games. Will this last? No. But it is nice to see.

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:16 PM
PARKYRULES
Rookie User

His goal tonight against the leafs really impressed me. He also has had many chances. Well see.

PARKYRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

See, Corvo is still gonna suck defensively. He's not going to get any faster and unless they play defense like they did tonight (they won't) he'll still be exposed.

I'm not saying he's not playing well but unfortunately, we need others to step up defensively to really make his offense cancel out his **** defense.

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Roboturner913

Right now, at this moment, Corvo is playing as well as he did in his first stint with the Canes. When he is confident he's a solid player and well worth playing despite the risks he takes. Long-term I don't see it, but he's shown he can be a good player over 50-60 game stretches in the past.

I am so impressed with Tlusty. He's such a physical, tenacious player and smart too. In a lot of ways he makes that line work because so much of what they do is cycling and puck possession and that's his specialty, IMO. he's really transformed himself as a player.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

I miss Paradis

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:24 AM
geehaad

Joe Corvo is not playing differently in any significant way than he has in the past.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Beardy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARKYRULES View Post
What are your thoughts on these 2 guys making an impact the past couple of games for Carolina? I really like the way Joe Corvo has been playing. Seems like he wants to be out there and being very offensive. And for Tlusty, playing with Semin and Staal he seems to be a good finisher. Also on the 1st PP unit with them. Are these guys gonna keep it up? Tell me what you think.
I'm not overly surprised with Tlusty. I actually kind of expected him to have a breakout season a little bit. He's always played very well when paired with Eric, and he's willing to stick his nose into the play on the boards and do the dirty work to get the puck to Staal and Semin. And then getting into the right positioning when he doesn't have the puck to be the beneficiary when one of the other 2 makes an incredible pass... Its just working beautifully. I'd be willing to say for the price we pay him, he's the best fit to play on this first line in the entire league.

Corvo? Ehhh... Impressed with his play of late, but lets not get carried away. He has stretches where he can play really well, and he has stretches where he can play really, really bad. I just hope we continue to see more of the good than the bad.

Beardy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Joe McGrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
Joe Corvo is not playing differently in any significant way than he has in the past.
I think the thing that gets lost with the way Corvo played last night was that he did it on his off-side. It's a real difficult thing to do for a lot of defenseman and RH shots especially since its very rare they would have to do it (save for a PP just for the one timers). I was really impressed with how easily he was able to do that. He also saved a goal with a stick lift that seems to be a foreign concept to half of our defenseman. All in all he was a deserving 1st star last night.

Joe McGrath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 12:46 PM
TheBigKahuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
I miss Paradis

Eddie's got two tickets for ya......

TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote