HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 11:12 AM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 50
One day George may part with a prospect we all like.

It's ok, think of it like a draft pick he spent on a RD deadline rental as insurance for Green in a failed cup run.

This team has been complaining about center depth for some time. Its clear we are trying to address it but its largely been a parade at 2C.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Ridley Simon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
In what world is Del Zotto + <= Orlov + Galiev.
Del Zotto is in a much more stuctured defensive system (and with a hell of a goalie behind him) than Orlov.

Sure, Del Zotto is further along in his development curve than Orlov. Orlov is a year younger. Orlov had a good year last year (in 60 games) for a struggling team, and Orlov is cheaper.

I know Orlov does not equal Del Zotto today, but he's a very talented young D man. Adding Galiev is wishful thinking. We dont have a prospect that I'd part with to even it out (NO to Kuz, Forsberg, Wilson). Adding MaJo I would do, but thats too much.

MaJo and Orlov for ROR + a D prospect. Maybe Gaunce or Barrie.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Ok then, in what world is Orlov + Galiev => Del Zotto

Keep in mind Galiev's value to them is, at absolute, inexplicable best, a 3rd round pick. In reality probably somewhere between a 4th and 7th.
Majo + Orlov for ROR and Gaunce/Barrie.

ROR >> MaJo
Orlov >> Gaunce or Barrie

Old
02-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Ok then, in what world is Orlov + Galiev => Del Zotto

Keep in mind Galiev's value to them is, at absolute, inexplicable best, a 3rd round pick. In reality probably somewhere between a 4th and 7th.
I'm not saying that Rangers will trade Del Zotto for him but there is a 100% chance someone puts together a package that is better than a concussed Orlov and a guy currently plying his trade in the ECHL...

Old
02-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Del Zotto is in a much more stuctured defensive system (and with a hell of a goalie behind him) than Orlov.

Sure, Del Zotto is further along in his development curve than Orlov. Orlov is a year younger. Orlov had a good year last year (in 60 games) for a struggling team, and Orlov is cheaper.

I know Orlov does not equal Del Zotto today, but he's a very talented young D man. Adding Galiev is wishful thinking. We dont have a prospect that I'd part with to even it out (NO to Kuz, Forsberg, Wilson). Adding MaJo I would do, but thats too much.

MaJo and Orlov for ROR + a D prospect. Maybe Gaunce or Barrie.
I'd prefer Orlov to Del Zotto myself (assuming he comes back fine from concussion), but I feel like every single GM out there will disagree. Especially Sherman, since Del Zotto has more flair and plays the left and he can sell Del Zotto - Johnson as his team USA pairing.

I've thought over pretty much all realistic scenarios, and IMO Green+ for O'Reilly + Elliott/Barrie (even a straight up trade with them adding token futures for balance) would be best for the future of this team overall. Things I'm looking at

- Green costs 6 mil, all other attractive trade pieces are on ELCs.
- Green will far more likely than not remain more injury prone than the average player. VC ice/VC medical staff is NOT helping
- Green's game isn't particularly well suited to the playoffs due to a combination of previous bullet point and overall playoff style, even though I will concede he's not a problem in the playoffs at this point
- Kundratek's emergence while does not replace Green makes it much easier to form a well-rounded two way defense without him.

Assuming we can move Laich for decent return as well, what skaters would look like for next year-

Ovechkin Backstrom Brouwer
??? O'Reilly Ward
Chimera Johansson Forsberg
Hendricks Beagle Wilson

Alzner Carlson
??? Orlov
??? Kundratek
Elliott/Barrie

And I believe a **** ton of cap space to fill in question marks/upgrade roster.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Halpysback*

Clowe (4.5) Backstrom (6.7) Forsberg (1.2)
Ovechkin (9.55) Ribeiro (5.5) Brouwer (3.66)
Chimera (1.75) O'Reilly (4.25) Ward (3)
Hendricks (.825) Bagel (.9) Wilson (1)
(spare F/spare D - 1.5 total)

Alzner (3.9) Carlson (3.9)
Smid (4.5) Orlov (1.1)
Erskine (1.75) Kundratek (.85)

Holtby/Neuvirth (3.5 total)

~ 63.935

Old
02-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
I'd prefer Orlov to Del Zotto myself (assuming he comes back fine from concussion), but I feel like every single GM out there will disagree. Especially Sherman, since Del Zotto has more flair and plays the left and he can sell Del Zotto - Johnson as his team USA pairing.

I've thought over pretty much all realistic scenarios, and IMO Green+ for O'Reilly + Elliott/Barrie (even a straight up trade with them adding token futures for balance) would be best for the future of this team overall. Things I'm looking at

- Green costs 6 mil, all other attractive trade pieces are on ELCs.
- Green will far more likely than not remain more injury prone than the average player. VC ice/VC medical staff is NOT helping
- Green's game isn't particularly well suited to the playoffs due to a combination of previous bullet point and overall playoff style, even though I will concede he's not a problem in the playoffs at this point
- Kundratek's emergence while does not replace Green makes it much easier to form a well-rounded two way defense without him.

Assuming we can move Laich for decent return as well, what skaters would look like for next year-

Ovechkin Backstrom Brouwer
??? O'Reilly Ward
Chimera Johansson Forsberg
Hendricks Beagle Wilson

Alzner Carlson
??? Orlov
??? Kundratek
Elliott/Barrie

And I believe a **** ton of cap space to fill in question marks/upgrade roster.

I am sold on ROR. I would do almost whatever it takes (almost!) to get him to play long term 2C with Backstrom w 1C.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
I'm not saying that Rangers will trade Del Zotto for him but there is a 100% chance someone puts together a package that is better than a concussed Orlov and a guy currently plying his trade in the ECHL...
Yeah, Galiev was a reach. I like him, but I am not a GM (as many on here would point out). I am sure it is a typical HF over-value I am doing w Galiev.

MaJo and Orlov should be a lot of attention though, when looking at someone like ROR.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:08 PM
Liberati0n*

If Green really has a groin injury, trade the **** out of him for O'Reilly. Sherman already knows the Avalanche can rehabilitate Washington-induced groin problems.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Millhaus

And that really is the rub IMO with trading Orlov. If Green is going to continue to regularly miss a good amount of games each season with injuries they need Orlov.

I'm not a huge O'Reilly fan but I would be more than fine with having Johansson be the central point of a package to get him. It is the rest of the package that I can't figure out as I really don't want to deal Orlov, Kuznetsov, Forsberg, or Wilson to get a guy I really don't love.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
And that really is the rub IMO with trading Orlov. If Green is going to continue to regularly miss a good amount of games each season with injuries they need Orlov.

I'm not a huge O'Reilly fan but I would be more than fine with having Johansson be the central point of a package to get him. It is the rest of the package that I can't figure out as I really don't want to deal Orlov, Kuznetsov, Forsberg, or Wilson to get a guy I really don't love.
Understood. I happen to feel more strongly about ROR, but I can certainly appreciate your stance.

I would not want to send MaJo and Orlov for ROR alone, thats for sure.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Yeah, Galiev was a reach. I like him, but I am not a GM (as many on here would point out). I am sure it is a typical HF over-value I am doing w Galiev.

MaJo and Orlov should be a lot of attention though, when looking at someone like ROR.
They're not overtly looking for Mojo, so he wouldn't be of as much value to them. Hence we'd get less of his value back when trading him to them.

I'd rather trade him in a separate deal for a solid return, say to Sharks as part of deal for Pavelski (if they decide to go there) or maybe Hawks for Hjarmalsson or something like that.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:35 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

We talked about European goaltenders some time ago. But what about some NCAA UFA goalies?
It looks like Ryan McKay is taking over the starting role in Miami. Freshman, 20 years ago. 13 GP, 8 W, 0.98 GAA, .963 Sv%. 6'0", 225 lbs. Undrafted, don't know/too lazy to check if he can be draft or should be just signed.

Edit: checked, since he's born in Aug. it looks like he'll be considered 21 year old for the draft, so not eligible. Bad.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:42 PM
dillyboy93

Capitals GM George McPhee is frantically trying to add some immediate help and they might be willing to trade 2012 first round pick, Filip Forsberg and 2010 top pick Evgeny Kuznetsov. McPhee found out he wouldn’t get much return for Roman Hamrlik.
http://www.mynhltraderumors.com

Old
02-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Liberati0n*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillyboy93 View Post
Capitals GM George McPhee is frantically trying to add some immediate help and they might be willing to trade 2012 first round pick, Filip Forsberg and 2010 top pick Evgeny Kuznetsov. McPhee found out he wouldn’t get much return for Roman Hamrlik.
http://www.mynhltraderumors.com
Did dashtary write that article?

Old
02-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Langway
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 50
That's from Garrioch so...yeah. On the face of it I wouldn't think ownership would get behind such moves but maybe if they're desperate in keeping STH steady. Shrug. Either way I don't think teams are in a hurry at this point to subtract from their roster in exchange for futures (even quality ones). Maybe in six weeks but that could be too late.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:12 PM
LSnow

I would be ok with that if we actually get quality piece back. Vrbata or Hanzal or Yandle probably would be avaivable, or trading for Perrys rights. Doubt Getzlaf would like to share icetime with Bäckström if he doesnt re-sign.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
That's from Garrioch so...yeah. On the face of it I wouldn't think ownership would get behind such moves but maybe if they're desperate in keeping STH steady. Shrug. Either way I don't think teams are in a hurry at this point to subtract from their roster in exchange for futures (even quality ones). Maybe in six weeks but that could be too late.
From what I've heard GMGM had a Johansson for Roy deal done with Buffalo last year only to get it vetoed by Dick Patrick.

Last edited by Brad Tolliver: 02-17-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old
02-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

this is the context of the rumor in the article. looks like sunday morning message board talk.

RUMOURS DU JOUR

Many are wondering about the future of Tampa Bay Lightning coach Guy Boucher. The Bolts are in a tailspin and there was plenty of pressure on Boucher to win coming into this season. The job got tougher when the Lightning lost LW Ryan Malone for three-to-four weeks with a lower body injury. The Bolts are high on Jon Cooper, the coach of their AHL affiliate in Syracuse. He interviewed in Washington and Edmonton last summer when they had openings. Many wonder if GM Steve Yzerman would make this move during a shortened season, but some think nothing less than a trip to the Eastern final is acceptable for Tampa ... What's this we hear about McPhee frantically working the phones trying to make changes? We're told the Capitals are so desperate to get immediate help they might even be willing to deal 2012 No. 1 pick Filip Forsberg (Sweden) and 2010 top pick Evgeny Kuznetsov (Russia). Apparently, McPhee found out pretty quickly that offering around D Roman Hamrlik wasn't going to get the Caps much in return. There would be interest in Forsberg and Kuznetsov, who both play in the middle ... Readers of this space were told weeks ago the Avalanche were entertaining offers for RFA C Ryan O'Reilly. Other media just started to catch up with GM Greg Sherman's moves this week. The asking price is simple: A top prospect and a top pick. The Leafs, Sharks, Penguins, Bruins and Senators have shown interest along with several other teams. Many are wondering what's happened in Colorado that O'Reilly hasn't been able to reach a deal? "I thought he'd sign when P.K. Subban agreed," said a league executive.

Have a nice weekend.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:29 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Forsberg and a first for O'Reilly? Where do I sign?

Old
02-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Carlzner

Trading Forsberg or Kuznetsov is a bad idea... this is exactly what i feared. GMGM trying to salvage a lost season.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Liberati0n*

I would rather trade Kuznetsov than Forsberg, although Forsberg probably has a better worth-to-the-Caps/value-to-other-teams.

Kinda framed that backwards but whatever.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:02 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
Trading Forsberg or Kuznetsov is a bad idea... this is exactly what i feared. GMGM trying to salvage a lost season.
Yes and No. Depends on the return. *If* its for something like O'Reilly....a very young already proven talent, then I am ok with it (Forsberg that is traded, not Kuznetsov).

If its for someone like Luongo, then I will personally fly to DC to help beat the crap outta GMGM.

all of that said, I do NOT want to see us trade Kuznetsov for anyone. If he is as good as they say (Yakupov), then we wont get fair value for him...no matter what.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
I would rather trade Kuznetsov than Forsberg, although Forsberg probably has a better worth-to-the-Caps/value-to-other-teams.

Kinda framed that backwards but whatever.
I am opposite. I think Kuz could be one of the really really good ones. I like Forsberg, but dont see his ceiling near as high as Kuznetsov.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:10 PM
calicapsfan
NFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkins Wodka View Post
this is the context of the rumor in the article. looks like sunday morning message board talk.

RUMOURS DU JOUR

Many are wondering about the future of Tampa Bay Lightning coach Guy Boucher. The Bolts are in a tailspin and there was plenty of pressure on Boucher to win coming into this season. The job got tougher when the Lightning lost LW Ryan Malone for three-to-four weeks with a lower body injury. The Bolts are high on Jon Cooper, the coach of their AHL affiliate in Syracuse. He interviewed in Washington and Edmonton last summer when they had openings. Many wonder if GM Steve Yzerman would make this move during a shortened season, but some think nothing less than a trip to the Eastern final is acceptable for Tampa ... What's this we hear about McPhee frantically working the phones trying to make changes? We're told the Capitals are so desperate to get immediate help they might even be willing to deal 2012 No. 1 pick Filip Forsberg (Sweden) and 2010 top pick Evgeny Kuznetsov (Russia). Apparently, McPhee found out pretty quickly that offering around D Roman Hamrlik wasn't going to get the Caps much in return. There would be interest in Forsberg and Kuznetsov, who both play in the middle ... Readers of this space were told weeks ago the Avalanche were entertaining offers for RFA C Ryan O'Reilly. Other media just started to catch up with GM Greg Sherman's moves this week. The asking price is simple: A top prospect and a top pick. The Leafs, Sharks, Penguins, Bruins and Senators have shown interest along with several other teams. Many are wondering what's happened in Colorado that O'Reilly hasn't been able to reach a deal? "I thought he'd sign when P.K. Subban agreed," said a league executive.

Have a nice weekend.
I don't believe a word of it. Caps are playing better and on a 3-game streak. Ribs is the real deal at C and our 3rd line is playing well with Pro in the middle. Trading top prospects is 100% not GMGM's style even when things are terrible. If he thinks things are looking up, he definitely won't do this. That the hole they dug themselves may just be too deep at this point is a separate issue from how they are playing now and one that a trade is not likely to fix.

Closed Thread