Old
02-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I don't get it why people have to be from Detroit or Michigan to root for Red Wings. Yeah, of course bandwagon fans can be annoying but location can't decide which team you can root for. So childish. I have no ties to California and I definitely don't live close to it, still I'm a Ducks fan.

Anyway, I have a better feeling about this game than the next one. Also, who planned Ducks' schedule? Next week they have games on Monday and Sunday, and March is just staked with games.

Lets Go Duuuuuucks!
I think it's not so much the being a fan in another location as the attitude of disdain and superiority when they usually don't have the excuse of being from the other city or (usually) know much about the team they're being such a snot about other than they win. The type who didn't become a fan because of a favorite player or play style but rather because they only wanted to cheer for a winner, and then feel the need to assert themselves as better than you somehow because "their" team is a winner so you are clearly inferior.

Agreed the schedule is a disaster. They're going to get ground down next month if some defensemen don't start getting healthy so they can be subbed out. Hiller too.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
I bet Perry will get in a fight tonight. The ending of that game was hilarious
Going for the Gordie Howe hat trick in Detroit. That's bad ass!

Old
02-15-2013, 03:58 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2ducks View Post
I love Getzlaf ****ing up Hossa, and Perry destroying Rafalski who just goes to his knees like a little *****. What a great game that was

Old
02-15-2013, 04:01 PM
la patineuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail2ducks View Post
Haha. Scotty is slow to anger, but once it's lit, watch out! Too bad he didn't tear off Datsyuk's jersey and drop kick it into the stands

Old
02-15-2013, 04:04 PM
defer

vCash: 50
It's weird when I see them say that they couldn't care less about the Ducks. During the late 2000s, a lot of Wings fans had seething hatred for the Ducks. Now it's like 'they hate us, but I don't care about them.'

Old
02-15-2013, 04:05 PM
KelVarnsen
Line combos anyone?

Time for my celebrity apology:

I am sorry if I have offended anyone by my juvenile GDT.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:08 PM
KelVarnsen
Line combos anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I think it's not so much the being a fan in another location as the attitude of disdain and superiority when they usually don't have the excuse of being from the other city or (usually) know much about the team they're being such a snot about other than they win. The type who didn't become a fan because of a favorite player or play style but rather because they only wanted to cheer for a winner, and then feel the need to assert themselves as better than you somehow because "their" team is a winner so you are clearly inferior.
You have expressed my feelings very well.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I love Getzlaf ****ing up Hossa, and Perry destroying Rafalski who just goes to his knees like a little *****. What a great game that was
To be fair to rafalski, perry has about 20-30 pounds on him and a good 4-5 inches. I dont think he grabbed perry wanting to fight lol

Old
02-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Hedning
A New Beginning

So Fasth (coming from a club that many people in the rest of Sweden not really like that much, to put it mildly ) now goes up against "the holy grail" in Sweden; Detroit. I really hope he will be at his best and that the Ducks will come out victorious. Otherwise, the moronic internet hooligans in this country will have a field day in the tabloids.

Go at em!

Old
02-15-2013, 04:16 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 5150
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Time for my celebrity apology:

I am sorry if I have offended anyone by my juvenile GDT.
It's ridiculous you had to change the name when they can call us all these names under the sun all the time.

BTW Wings fans reading, I'm not nor have I EVER been jealous of your team.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:16 PM
TesseracT

Was really looking forward to watching this game but have some stupid thing to attend.

Go Ducks!!

Old
02-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
It's ridiculous you had to change the name when they can call us all these names under the sun all the time.

I am pretty jealous of pavel datsyuk.... to be completely honest

Old
02-15-2013, 04:28 PM
SlavaKozlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
It's weird when I see them say that they couldn't care less about the Ducks. During the late 2000s, a lot of Wings fans had seething hatred for the Ducks. Now it's like 'they hate us, but I don't care about them.'
I think it is the "Pronger effect". And the Wings have kind of shifted who their main rival was so many times. We've always viewed Toronto, Chicago and St. Louis as big rivals, but there is nothing between Detroit and Toronto now since we never see them play each other. Then Colorado. Then the Colorado rivalry died off after Roy/Lemiuex were out of the picture, and other teams became bigger rivals, like San Jose, Anaheim, Pittsbrgh Nashville. There was a time when we hated Calgary a ton after a playoff series. I think it is mostly just whatever team knocks us out of the playoffs or plays us hard all the time, then the fan base will rally around them as a rival. Plus we have always disliked the teams that have Pronger.

I think the "don't care" comments are a shot at the Ducks from Wings fans for being less successful in recent years. I think a lot of Wings fans dislike Perry for the sound bits during one of the NBC games (I think in the playoffs) and his usual hard nosed play against the Wings, and the fight against Datsyuk too.

But hey, if you are going to have some fun at our expense in your GDT, we'll come and fire back, from me at least it is trying to have some fun taking shots back and forth. I live in Ohio now and am a Browns fan, and we have a ton of Steelers fans in the area who have lived in the Cleveland area their whole lives. I don't understand the concept of being a fan of your hometown's bitter rival, maybe they jumped ship after the Browns left to Baltimore and stayed because the Steelers are a better run and more successful team, but I certainly understand the hatred for annoying "bandwagon" fans that fill the stadiums.

But all that said, our team doesn't look great on paper this year, I consider this a good "measuring stick" to see where the Wings are at with how well the Ducks have started the year. We have been blasted with injuries and are playing 5 rookies, two of whom we never expected to see play much this year in Andersson and Lashoff. We hoped Nyquist and Tatar would see some action, and expected Brunner to start in the top 6.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:28 PM
quackquackquack

There is a GOD! Staubitz is gone! for now.....

Old
02-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Corey Perry*

Let's Go Ducks

Old
02-15-2013, 04:40 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

I think Maroon is going to add an extra element to the team: He's tough, and he can actually play hockey pretty decently unlike Staubitz

Old
02-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Getz2perry

i mean how do you not love the guy!

Old
02-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

Have they helped Maroon with his skating or does he still have that awkward style?

Old
02-15-2013, 04:48 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Have they helped Maroon with his skating or does he still have that awkward style?
I thought he looked better in the AHL this year. He's never going to be a good skater. But I think he can be decent enough at skating to play a 4th line role.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:48 PM
defer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post

He's definitely an exceptional talent.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:53 PM
rocsfeather
jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post

Old
02-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Fallenity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post

I always get that good feeling also when someone mentions Olympics.

Regarding DRW, they're still number uno on my hate list. San Jose after that, LA not so much. Nashville has been an annoying opponent lately, so this should be a rivalry filled weekend.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
I don't get it why people have to be from Detroit or Michigan to root for Red Wings. Yeah, of course bandwagon fans can be annoying but location can't decide which team you can root for. So childish. I have no ties to California and I definitely don't live close to it, still I'm a Ducks fan.

Anyway, I have a better feeling about this game than the next one. Also, who planned Ducks' schedule? Next week they have games on Monday and Sunday, and March is just staked with games.

Lets Go Duuuuuucks!
It's not so much about the location as it is choosing your favorite team based solely on their record/success. To appreciate success you have to experience defeat. Lord knows Anaheim fans who have been there since day one have experienced that.

Old
02-15-2013, 05:05 PM
eenok*

arhg hello your only EENOK here..so hello everygoty!!!

big ,HUGE..GAMENIGHT TONIGHT! sami vatanen ruling on game w NORFOLK and ducks visit ENGINE CITY im glad dont meet w nickie lidström. expext flash put black pudding INTO NET. once or twice. still tough game. see happily lots of koivus atletics , while missing that MAGIC TOUCH byt vatanen. ..hopely this one is UP THERE asap.. so what to say more? if sbisa in team must put other than hugging touches w ENGINE CITY guys..what would else you expect from these kind guys? step forward OR LET TEAM HAVE VATANEN REVISITED! c mon BB let the vatanen burn!

rock on!

EENOK , Hockeyprofessor, IL Finland!

Old
02-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
I think Maroon is going to add an extra element to the team: He's tough, and he can actually play hockey pretty decently unlike Staubitz

spoken exactly like a fan of the soft Red Wings team

Closed Thread