HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : The Return [no, not that kind of return :(]; Thread 5

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 01:32 AM
The Pwnerer
We are never give up

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
You'd get Kreider/Miller WAYYYY before Hagelin is thrown in.

I realize this is coming from someone with a Hagelin avatar, but he and Nash have been our best forwards this season, bar none. They have awesome chemistry.
Interesting, whats the deal with Callahan and Stepan this year? Always liked Hagelin, guys got so much hustle.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:34 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
O'Reilly for Couturier and then we, in the dark of night, flip Couturier for Galchenyuk.

Everyone is happy. That wasn't hard. Get it done, Sherman.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:41 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pwnerer View Post
Interesting, whats the deal with Callahan and Stepan this year? Always liked Hagelin, guys got so much hustle.
Stepan started horribly, but since being put on a line with Hagelin and Nash, he has been a LOT better. Definitely better than Richards has been.

Callahan has played well, but he has been a bit snakebitten, and with the PP struggling, his goal scoring has dried up a bit. Also, he did tweak his shoulder and missed 2 games. He'll heat up, though, he's a streaky scorer.

02-19-2013, 02:30 AM
William Hylander
There can be only 1

vCash: 431
Okay guys I see your having fun trolololing some leaf fans in the main board so hear me out.

What's to stop a team from doing this: Sign RoR to a offersheet 7 yrs @ 4.5-5.25 mill instead of offering you some proposal that includes a top player + prospect. I don't see Sherman saying no to saving that money as well as the prospects.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:33 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Okay guys I see your having fun trolololing some leaf fans in the main board so hear me out.

What's to stop a team from doing this: Sign RoR to a offersheet 7 yrs @ 4.5-5.25 mill instead of offering you some proposal that includes a top player + prospect. I don't see Sherman saying no to saving that money as well as the prospects.
nothing I guess. I wouldn't mind. I wanna keep ror by any means

Old
02-19-2013, 02:34 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:

Nothing is stopping a team from doing that, apart from the knowledge that Avs will match. So they don't get the player and everyone will hate them for causing salaries for young players to go up.

There isn't much upside to it.

If Columbus were doing it close to the deadline while being in 30th, Avs might not match, but that's not a realistic scenario.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:38 AM
cody275
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Well Colorado could just match it.

If O'Reilly really wants out why would he risk signing an offer sheet, especially one that long and getting stuck in Colorado.

If management really is just worried about giving in due to future negotiations, an offer sheet would 'force their hand' in terms of the contract and they can say they had no choice since the return wouldn't be beneficial to the team in comparison to what O'Reilly could bring.

The offer sheet talk is great and all but why would somebody that potentially wants out of a city/team risk getting stuck there long term. Now if he is just worried about the money due to fear of being put on the third line and not getting to prove himself as being worth the big money then maybe it's realistic.

But either way, if Colorado feels that he brings more to the table than some middle of the back picks they have no reason to simply let him walk for that then. They'll just match it, if the bridges truly are burned then he's stuck playing for them for 12 months and they can explore trade options in a year with him under a long term contract instead of being an RFA.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:46 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
O'Reilly for Couturier and then we, in the dark of night, flip Couturier for Galchenyuk.

Everyone is happy. That wasn't hard. Get it done, Sherman.

But seriously how about our 1st, Brian Gionta

Last edited by Frenchy: 02-19-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: to many smileys
Old
02-19-2013, 02:57 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post

Why would we take a 34 year old when we are in a deep re-build mode?

Last edited by Frenchy: 02-19-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: see previous post
Old
02-19-2013, 03:03 AM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Why would we take a 34 year old when we are in a deep re-build mode?
He originally posted Eller, Beaulieu and a 1st. I don't know why he changed it.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:04 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post

Why would we take Gionta? What possible use could we have for him? Are we Stanley Cup contenders all of a sudden?

Last edited by Frenchy: 02-19-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old
02-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:

Bear in mind that you divide the salary by 5 years to determine the compensation coming back.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Avs71

So it has been confirmed that the Avs have asked for:

Philly- Couturier
Rangers- Del Zotto + Prospect

Is there any other players names that the Avs have asked for? For some reason I feel like Jeff Skinner was one. Regardless, looks like Sherman's doing his job well. Lets see if he can actually reel in something sweet like either of these.

As long as the return is good enough, I'm really glad ROR pulled this stunt. He made the Avs decision of which of two centermen they will keep. With all the talk of them not being in love with Duchene over the summer, it would have sucked if the Avs had given up on him. ROR being out directly led to Duchene getting maximum responsibility since day 1, and he has thrived. If this leads to a #2 defenceman also, then this could turn out really nice for the Avs.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:01 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
So it has been confirmed that the Avs have asked for:

Philly- Couturier
Rangers- Del Zotto + Prospect

Is there any other players names that the Avs have asked for? For some reason I feel like Jeff Skinner was one. Regardless, looks like Sherman's doing his job well. Lets see if he can actually reel in something sweet like either of these.

As long as the return is good enough, I'm really glad ROR pulled this stunt. He made the Avs decision of which of two centermen they will keep. With all the talk of them not being in love with Duchene over the summer, it would have sucked if the Avs had given up on him. ROR being out directly led to Duchene getting maximum responsibility since day 1, and he has thrived. If this leads to a #2 defenceman also, then this could turn out really nice for the Avs.
Out of curiosity, where has it been confirmed that the Avs sought Couturer and MDZ? I know that they were rumored, but haven't seen an article confirming that.

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
Old
02-19-2013, 09:10 AM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp Breakout View Post
Bear in mind that you divide the salary by 5 years to determine the compensation coming back.
Agree, that compensation level may make it easier for Avs FO not to match especially if its to a projected bottom level team.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Out of curiosity, where has it been confirmed that the Avs sought Couturer and MDZ? I know that they were rumored, but haven't seen an article confirming that.
Brooks has been taking about ROR for MDZ, RDS said the Avs want Couturier for ROR.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Nihiliste

I'm glad to hear they're targeting the right type of players and starting their demands very high. They obviously won't get as much as they initially ask for but they're on the right track in terms of looking for value. Hopefully teams continue to bid on him and someone gives us the deal we want.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:50 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Winnipeg like him... a lot.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Not sure I like the idea of trading him to a team that will no doubt be in Colorado's own division starting next year.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:57 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
In your opinion, in terms of players, how much does Winnipeg like him?

Old
02-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

Bogosian much.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:08 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Bogosian much.
I'd love Evander Kane much Think it would be great for both sides.

Duchene centering Landy and Kane would be awesome to watch

Old
02-19-2013, 10:21 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
I wants Blake Wheeler in the return aswell as a D-man.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:27 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
I see from the post above that the Avs have given the Flyers and Rangers an idea of what return they'd want.,

In order to avoid going through several back pages, can you guys just tell me whether anyone credible in the press, is saying ROR will sign a bridge contract?

Old
02-19-2013, 10:28 AM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I see from the post above that the Avs have given the Flyers and Rangers an idea of what return they'd want.,

In order to avoid going through several back pages, can you guys just tell me whether anyone credible in the press, is saying ROR will sign a bridge contract?
Very little actual details get out about the Avs ever, including this situation. It's not clear whether O'Reilly would sign a bridge deal with another team, but it doesn't appear that he wants to with Colorado.

Avs offered the same deal Duchene got at two years, $3.5M per and he turned it down. There's been reports that negotiations turned sour though and he hardened his stance, so who knows what he'd do with another team.

Closed Thread