HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread III: "Trade 40 goal scorer for picks= Cup contenders" edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2013, 11:21 PM
  #376
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,487
vCash: 500
So Colorado has given up 4 goals and Close to 50 shots to the Oil so far. Still 10 minutes left in the third.

I have to think that the Avs have less leverage here. not only does their player not want to sign there, but their defense is a big pile of crap right now. They are probably going to quickly want to correct it.

So it's either let your player sit there and not help your team at all, while your #1 winger and #1 defenseman are injured, or,

Trade your player off the couch, get some help for your team, and hope that your winger and defenseman can quickly come back.

The Gloaming is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:21 PM
  #377
Inferno
Registered User
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,950
vCash: 857
absolutely no interest whatsoever.

I'd like to go to war with the team we have...they've played mediocre hockey and are still in the playoffs right now...
just wait till they start firing on all cylinders.

Inferno is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:22 PM
  #378
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Neither of which are ready. And other than EJ what does Col have? Our D is a strength at the top but all it takes is one injury if we move del zotto to cripple it
Young prospects, a couple good ones.

I really dont see the need to have 5 top 4 defensemen in case one is injured. Then you have a guy like Eminger fill in.

They have three all-star defensemen, they dont need 6 of them. If someone gets seriously injured, then you look into moves after that. You dont have to stockpile players who you cant even use much because there could be an injury.

If playoff time they have to start playing McD, girardi, and stall 28+ minutes a game, so be it.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:22 PM
  #379
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Neither of which are ready. And other than EJ what does Col have? Our D is a strength at the top but all it takes is one injury if we move del zotto to cripple it
Colorado has O'Brien, O'Byrne, Hejda, Zanon.

All could be good 3rd pairing guys.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:23 PM
  #380
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
That's why someone like O'Brien has to come back. Add him to those 4 plus Gilroy until McIlrath is ready. With the 3 horse that already have on the backend it makes sense to maximize an asset.

MDZ doesn't look comfortable on the right side which means he is going to be a 3rd pairing dman on this team.
I just don't think its a great idea to upgrade the offense when the talent is already there and make our D worse. Even with a defensemen coming back at best he will be a bottom pairing since other than Johnson thats all they got. Plus one injury after trading mdz cripples the D

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:25 PM
  #381
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 25,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Colorado has O'Brien, O'Byrne, Hejda, Zanon.

All could be good 3rd pairing guys.
I've always wanted to trade for Hejda. So that I can pull a Stuart Scott and say "Hejda in the house!"

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:26 PM
  #382
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
absolutely no interest whatsoever.

I'd like to go to war with the team we have...they've played mediocre hockey and are still in the playoffs right now...
just wait till they start firing on all cylinders.
I would like to pick up another dman but otherwise I agree. The team h. Picked it up lately

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:27 PM
  #383
BlessThisMess513
Registered User
 
BlessThisMess513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
But if Del Zotto is traded then who is going to fire the home run pass from our net and miss 95% of the time?

BlessThisMess513 is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:27 PM
  #384
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I just don't think its a great idea to upgrade the offense when the talent is already there and make our D worse. Even with a defensemen coming back at best he will be a bottom pairing since other than Johnson thats all they got. Plus one injury after trading mdz cripples the D
You try and maximize the asset when you have a chance. Players like O'Rwilly rarely become available. MDZ seems to be destined to stay as a 3rd pairing dman on this team. Win win for both teams.

One injury to Hank would do more. In a cap world it's the way it is. Value wise this is the perfect type of deal for this team.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:28 PM
  #385
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
So Colorado has given up 4 goals and Close to 50 shots to the Oil so far. Still 10 minutes left in the third.

I have to think that the Avs have less leverage here. not only does their player not want to sign there, but their defense is a big pile of crap right now. They are probably going to quickly want to correct it.

So it's either let your player sit there and not help your team at all, while your #1 winger and #1 defenseman are injured, or,

Trade your player off the couch, get some help for your team, and hope that your winger and defenseman can quickly come back.
Yet we want their defensemen at the expense of del zotto?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:29 PM
  #386
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I just don't think its a great idea to upgrade the offense when the talent is already there and make our D worse. Even with a defensemen coming back at best he will be a bottom pairing since other than Johnson thats all they got. Plus one injury after trading mdz cripples the D
What great talent do they have at center?

Richards just got benched, and is 32 years old.
Stepan is a good #2.
Boyle just got benched for a couple games, and is really a #4.
Halpern was playing on the first line... he is 36 years old and last had a 30+ point season in 05/06.
Miller is a rookie who really struggled defensively, and has 0 assists since he got called up, and likely gets sent back down.
Powe has never had 20 points in a season.


On defense they have 3 all-star types. Plus Stralman who has been very good as a top 4 guy, then depth in Eminger and Gilroy. Plus a couple really good prospects


Its very clear they have much much better depth on defense than at center. And really is del zotto ever going to over take staal or McD for playing time? No.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:29 PM
  #387
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 33,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yet we want their defensemen at the expense of del zotto?
Their issue is their 1 1st pairing guy is out in EJ, there best defensive center is out too in ROR. Landeskog is out as well.

O'Briwn would fit this teams mold well. Pain in the ass 3rd pairing guy with experience.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:34 PM
  #388
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Yet we want their defensemen at the expense of del zotto?
The whole point of my post was to show that the Avs are not going to get what they want in this situation.

I like DZ, but like it has been pointed out, he seems to be a future 3rd pairing guy on our team. This cannot be the case in a salary capped system. Trading him and making our top 3 centers become Richards-ROR-Stepan makes a lot of sense for us going forward.

Also, DZ seems to be prone to many mental lapses and long stretches where his confidence plummets and hurts his play. It could hamper his ability to reach his full potential.

The Gloaming is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:34 PM
  #389
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 8,066
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
ROR + O Brien for MDZ + Boyle + Yogan/MSC +3rd
Murray for 3rd + Ceresnak or something else
7th + mid prospect in Ottawa for Eminger

Pyatt - Richards - Gaborik
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Miller - ROR - Callahan
Kreider - Halpern - Powe/Asham

McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Murray - OŽBrien
Gilroy/Bickel

BINGO

???

* Michael Del Zotto, Brian Boyle and other aseets traded for Ryan O Reilly and Shane O'Brien
* Cap hit for Ryan O Reilly set as $3,600,000.
* Chris Kreider recalled.
* Dylan McIlrath recalled.
* Ryan McDonagh signed as free agent for $4,000,000.
* Carl Hagelin signed as free agent for $1,800,000.
* Derek Stepan signed as free agent for $2,400,000.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER 2013/2014

FORWARDS
Taylor Pyatt ($1.550m) / Brad Richards ($6.667m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Carl Hagelin ($1.800m) / Derek Stepan ($2.400m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
J.T. Miller ($1.244m) / Ryan O Reilly ($3.600m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Chris Kreider ($1.325m) / Darroll Powe ($1.067m) / Arron Asham ($1.000m)
Micheal Haley or Brandon Mashinter ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.000m) / Dan Girardi ($3.325m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Anton Stralman ($1.700m)
Shane O'Brien ($2.000m) / Dylan McIlrath ($1.295m)
Stu Bickel ($0.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m)
Martin Biron ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000
CAP PAYROLL: $65,422,500
BONUSES: $2,050,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $836,500
------


Last edited by BBKers: 02-16-2013 at 11:52 PM.
BBKers is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:34 PM
  #390
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
What great talent do they have at center?

Richards just got benched, and is 32 years old.
Stepan is a good #2.
Boyle just got benched for a couple games, and is really a #4.
Halpern was playing on the first line... he is 36 years old and last had a 30+ point season in 05/06.
Miller is a rookie who really struggled defensively, and has 0 assists since he got called up, and likely gets sent back down.
Powe has never had 20 points in a season.


On defense they have 3 all-star types. Plus Stralman who has been very good as a top 4 guy, then depth in Eminger and Gilroy. Plus a couple really good prospects


Its very clear they have much much better depth on defense than at center. And really is del zotto ever going to over take staal or McD for playing time? No.
Richards obviously needs to get his head out of his ass but when hes going weve seen what he does. He puts up points and a lot of them. So ROR would be used as the 3rd line center. Is that worth del zotto + the contract?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:38 PM
  #391
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
ROR + O Brien for MDZ + Boyle + Yogan/MSC +3rd
Murray for 3rd + Ceresnak or something else
7th + mid prospect in Ottawa for Eminger

Pyatt - Richards - Gaborik
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Miller - ROR - Callahan
Kreider - Halpern - Powe/Asham

McD - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
Murray - OŽBrien
Gilroy/Bickel

BINGO

???
Yes. There we go.

The Gloaming is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:38 PM
  #392
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Richards obviously needs to get his head out of his ass but when hes going weve seen what he does. He puts up points and a lot of them. So ROR would be used as the 3rd line center. Is that worth del zotto + the contract?
I think either way, Richards only has a year or two left. And is more likely to be bought out either the end of this year or next.

Leaving ROR as 1st line center, with Step as the #2.

And with both of them being 23 years old, the rangers have the top 2 centers set for probably the next 8 years.

Plus clearing Richards contract + removing future Del Zottos contract gives them the room to resign their RFAs. Might have to let Gaborik walk, but he was never a great fit scheme wise anyway.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:40 PM
  #393
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,533
vCash: 500
If we trade Del Zotto, we better be damn certain Stralman can play in the top 4. He did but in a small sample size, otherwise you're left with 3 great defensemen and 3 or 4 horrible ones.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:42 PM
  #394
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 25,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
I think either way, Richards only has a year or two left. And is more likely to be bought out either the end of this year or next.

Leaving ROR as 1st line center, with Step as the #2.

And with both of them being 23 years old, the rangers have the top 2 centers set for probably the next 8 years.

Plus clearing Richards contract + removing future Del Zottos contract gives them the room to resign their RFAs. Might have to let Gaborik walk, but he was never a great fit scheme wise anyway.
You seem to be absolutely sure that ROR is a legit #1 center on a team that doesn't suck. What happens if that never happens. We'll have 2 #2s in Stepan and ROR and no #1.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:42 PM
  #395
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
If we trade Del Zotto, we better be damn certain Stralman can play in the top 4. He did but in a small sample size, otherwise you're left with 3 great defensemen and 3 or 4 horrible ones.
Im not even confident Zotto is a lock top 4. Hes inconsistent as heck, especially defensively.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:43 PM
  #396
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,533
vCash: 500
Restricted free agent forward Ryan O'Reilly is not seeking a short-term contract with an annual salary of $5 million from the Colorado Avalanche, according to his agent Mark Guy as told to Mike Chambers of the Denver Post on Monday.

Guy specifically shot down the concept that O'Reilly was asking for a two-year deal at that figure. However, Guy was unwilling to elaborate on what kind of salary or term his side was seeking and would not acknowledge how far apart they were with the Avalanche.

He did make it clear, though, that the term of the deal is just as important as the annual salary.

According to multiple reports, it is believed that O'Reilly and his camp turned down a five-year, $17 million offer, as well as a two-year, $7 million offer. The latter is an identical deal to the one teammate Matt Duchene signed this past offseason.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/1/2...an-oreilly-rfa

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:44 PM
  #397
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Richards obviously needs to get his head out of his ass but when hes going weve seen what he does. He puts up points and a lot of them. So ROR would be used as the 3rd line center. Is that worth del zotto + the contract?
So is O'Reilly officially the new Clowe? What is the obsession with this guy? He's a good defensive center who put up 2nd line production while getting 1st line minutes and milking his stats off of Landeskog (who factored into almost half of O'Reilly's points last year).

Even if O'Reilly was signed to a reasonable contract, you don't trade a guy like Del Zotto for him. To entertain the idea while he's in the middle of a holdout after ONE good season? It's absurd.

People keep on talking about DZ like he's a 3rd pair guy here. Look at the minutes. He's not a 3rd pair and he hasn't been in over a year. He plays in all situations, and frankly, I would argue that he's in a 3-way tie for our 2nd best defenseman (McD is the best--DZ, Staal and Girardi seem to alternate nights--if all four could play the way they CAN play on a consistent basis, we'd have a top 3 defense in the league). Patience, folks. Trade Del Zotto now, and you'll regret it even more than the Marc Savard for magic beans trade.

smoneil is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:44 PM
  #398
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Im not even confident Zotto is a lock top 4. Hes inconsistent as heck, especially defensively.
He was really inconsitent in the ECF against NJ (though to be fair his grandmother had just passed away, would you be thinking about hockey?). Other than that he was solid last season, and for the most part he's been great this season.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:44 PM
  #399
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
You seem to be absolutely sure that ROR is a legit #1 center on a team that doesn't suck. What happens if that never happens. We'll have 2 #2s in Stepan and ROR and no #1.
So two guys who are 50+ point centers, one of them being one of the best defensively in the league?

Youll just have to be forced to live with him not being the next Stamkos, I guess.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 11:46 PM
  #400
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
So two guys who are 50+ point centers, one of them being one of the best defensively in the league?

Youll just have to be forced to live with him not being the next Stamkos, I guess.
He's had 55 points ONE time in 3 seasons.. You can't guarantee "he's a 50+ pt player) based on one season.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.