HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread III: "Trade 40 goal scorer for picks= Cup contenders" edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2013, 12:14 AM
  #451
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Ahem...

Yea, i forgot, Miller is going to have 50 points this season.

Remember when he had an assist?

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:15 AM
  #452
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
BTW, something to consider. Did ROR play in any league during the lockout? If not, is he in shape? I don't want to trade for him and find out he's out of shape for this year.
Played over in the KHL.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:15 AM
  #453
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
The main thing in hockey is balance.

We have an overload of valuable defenseman; less so with our centers/forwards.

Adding O'Reilly gives us a balanced offensive lineup, and even with DZ being removed, the top-4 defense is still better than most, and the bottom pairing is still OK, depending on the defenseman coming back with ROR. Gilroy has looked solid this season.
80s Isles, 50s Habs, 70s Habs, 80s Oilers, 90-00s Devils, Lidstrom era wings. All teams with multiple championships with respective cores. Look at some of the teams that won cups, look at the defense they iced. Hell even the 94 Rangers stole from the 80s Oilers for their team.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:16 AM
  #454
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
3rd line defenseman is a stretch really. He's 4th in team ice time.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:16 AM
  #455
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
80s Isles, 50s Habs, 70s Habs, 80s Oilers, 90-00s Devils, Lidstrom era wings. All teams with multiple championships with respective cores. Look at some of the teams that won cups, look at the defense they iced. Hell even the 94 Rangers stole from the 80s Oilers for their team.
all pre-lockout, how shocking.

Maybe we shall take a look at the centers on teams that have won a cup post lockout?

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:18 AM
  #456
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,064
vCash: 500
Also, does anyone remember last years playoffs? How many minutes per game did Girardi and Mcdonagh play because Torts really didnt trust anyone else other than Staal in big situations? How many minutes a game does Gilroy play? how many minutes of ice does Bickel or Emminger get when they even play? Del Zotto plays over 20 minutes every night despite being on the "3rd pair".. So sure, trade Del Zotto and get another mediocre defensemen that Torts wont trust or play much and watch Girardi and Mcdonagh go all out for 30 minutes a game again.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:21 AM
  #457
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Also, does anyone remember last years playoffs? How many minutes per game did Girardi and Mcdonagh play because Torts really didnt trust anyone else other than Staal in big situations? How many minutes a game does Gilroy play? how many minutes of ice does Bickel or Emminger get when they even play? Del Zotto plays over 20 minutes every night despite being on the "3rd pair".. So sure, trade Del Zotto and get another mediocre defensemen that Torts wont trust or play much and watch Girardi and Mcdonagh go all out for 30 minutes a game again.
Stralman has been playing more minutes than Del Zotto the past 5 or so games.

And Girardi/McD/Staal SHOULD be getting 26+ minutes a night in the playoffs.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:23 AM
  #458
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Played over in the KHL.
Has he been sitting on his coach since then though?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:23 AM
  #459
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
a report I just read said that if he signs a 2 year deal, he wants 5M per year (this is from his agent's mouth). the Rangers simply can't afford to give him that and give up a guy like Del Zotto while making the defense worse
Which is to say, reinforces the notion that COL came and asked for DZ. Rangers weren't the ones sending it out, but as any good organization would do, they explored their options.

Two more things of note, Meehan reps DZ, and Meehan also reps O'Reilly, and has had a long history of bad blood with Avs Pres Pierre Lacroix, and Avs GM Sherman. Maybe Sather gets a cap friendly deal where this lockout year is used as a fluff year.

Michael Del Zotto won't be the premium that's paid for that. Sather isn't in the position to take it like he gave it in the McDonaugh deal.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:24 AM
  #460
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Stralman has been playing more minutes than Del Zotto the past 5 or so games.

And Girardi/McD/Staal SHOULD be getting 26+ minutes a night.
not true at all, Stralman has played 20 minutes or more only 3 times all season, Del Zotto? 11 games of 20 minutes or more, two of which were when Girardi did not play.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:26 AM
  #461
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Stralman has been playing more minutes than Del Zotto the past 5 or so games.

And Girardi/McD/Staal SHOULD be getting 26+ minutes a night in the playoffs.
That worked out really well when the team was on fumes against Devils.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:27 AM
  #462
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
That worked out really well when the team was on fumes against Devils.
Bingo... thats why we needed to ADD defense this year, now we're talking about subtracting from it again.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:27 AM
  #463
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
not true at all, Stralman has played 20 minutes or more only 3 times all season, Del Zotto? 11 games of 20 minutes or more, two of which were when Girardi did not play.
Last 5 games.

Del Zotto - 103 minutes
Stralman - 109 minutes

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:28 AM
  #464
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Last 5 games.

Del Zotto - 103 minutes
Stralman - 109 minutes
2 of which were because Girardi was out.. try again

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:28 AM
  #465
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
That worked out really well when the team was on fumes against Devils.
What worked out much better was the great offensive showing the team put up all playoffs. Remember that?

Of course we all know a center who is great defensively doesnt help the defense out at all either. Those are totally independent events.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:28 AM
  #466
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Stralman has been playing more minutes than Del Zotto the past 5 or so games.

And Girardi/McD/Staal/Del Zotto SHOULD be getting 26+ minutes a night in the playoffs.
Totally agree. Hell with a top four this good, I wanna see Torts flip McD/G Staal/DZ every other shift to see what its like for the opponents to go up against top line defensemen the entire game.

You remember what its like watching Bickel's shifts? You want 23 more mins of that a night?

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:29 AM
  #467
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Bingo... thats why we needed to ADD defense this year, now we're talking about subtracting from it again.
Although to be fair, if the team could score more maybe they win the first 2 series in 11 games instead of 14. Still, I worry about this experiment again.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:29 AM
  #468
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
2 of which were because Girardi was out.. try again
I said the last 5 games Stralman has had more ice time than Del Zotto.

Which he has.

Yes, Stralman got more ice time than Del Zotto when Girardi missed games.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:30 AM
  #469
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Although to be fair, if the team could score more maybe they win the first 2 series in 11 games instead of 14. Still, I worry about this experiment again.
thats what Nash is supposed to be for.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:30 AM
  #470
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Yea, i forgot, Miller is going to have 50 points this season.

Remember when he had an assist?
Well you're putting Halpern as the #3 center. Seems a bit dishonest, no?

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:31 AM
  #471
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Has he been sitting on his coach since then though?
I thought that the KHL team terminated his contract. He was defiantly there after the NHL season started, but I heard that his contract was terminated.

I'm not the best person to ask for the reason, I'm sure the Avs board could provide you with more details on this.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:31 AM
  #472
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
I said the last 5 games Stralman has had more ice time than Del Zotto.

Which he has.

Yes, Stralman got more ice time than Del Zotto when Girardi missed games.
The point is Stralman is 5th in ice time when everyone is healthy, so its not "clear" that Del Zotto is a 3rd pairing D (which how many 3rd pairing D's get 20+ minutes?)

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:31 AM
  #473
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Well you're putting Halpern as the #3 center. Seems a bit dishonest, no?
Halpern/Powe are much better defensively than Miller...

The only reason Miller is even still playing in the NHL is because of how bad the center position is right now.

Last game when Richards got benched, its not like they just plugged Miller in... They moved Miller to wing on the 3/4th lines and had Halpern playing center on the first line.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:34 AM
  #474
slipknottin
Registered User
 
slipknottin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
The point is Stralman is 5th in ice time when everyone is healthy, so its not "clear" that Del Zotto is a 3rd pairing D (which how many 3rd pairing D's get 20+ minutes?)
Its clear that he is the #4 defenseman at best. and when a top 3 guy got hurt, it was stralman who had to play more, not del zotto.

slipknottin is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 12:36 AM
  #475
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
Its clear that he is the #4 defenseman at best. and when a top 3 guy got hurt, it was stralman who had to play more, not del zotto.
What if he was banged up that day? Is this NHL 13? I thought they added injuries to the GM mode 5 years ago.

Mikos87 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.