HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread III: "Trade 40 goal scorer for picks= Cup contenders" edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2013, 10:20 AM
  #601
Lorb
.
 
Lorb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungD4 View Post
who said staal is walking to carolina?
his entire family, the Canes organization and the Rangers organization if we don't account for his contract starting now.

Lorb is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:23 AM
  #602
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
That pass to Stepan yesterday is why I worry about trading him. How many players let alone defensemen can make that play on the Rangers. I think Del Zotto is the only defenseman that can.
Guess you didn't see the pass McD made from the blueline through traffic right on Hag's blade for the first goal then?

Jackpot is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:32 AM
  #603
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 24,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Guess you didn't see the pass McD made from the blueline through traffic right on Hag's blade for the first goal then?
You think that was a pass on purpose? Maybe you're right. However, DZ is much more consistent in his passing than McDonagh.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:37 AM
  #604
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 36,467
vCash: 500
A major factor in Jordan Staal leaving Pittsburgh was his role on the team as the 3rd center. Marc Staal doesn't have the same issues with the Rangers. Look at realignment. Carolina will be in the same conference as the Rangers,Pittsburgh,Philly and Jersey. Caps and Islanders too. Carolina with their budget team is making the playoffs in that conference? Top 4 teams make it. That's not the top 3 seed guaranteed with winning the Southleast division.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:37 AM
  #605
PlamsUnlimited
PUMP IT UP PUEMPEL
 
PlamsUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 23,258
vCash: 919
I'll say again the DZ trade calls are insane. This kills depth and offense from the Blueline. For those of you who say he isn't the best pmd we have, I want to see a pretty good argument. McD is not an offensive defenseman like DZ.

PlamsUnlimited is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:42 AM
  #606
SupersonicMonkey*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
his entire family, the Canes organization and the Rangers organization if we don't account for his contract starting now.
Based on what?

Link?

Jared is in another organization. Should Marc force a trade the Coyotes so little bro won't be left alone?

These accusations are preposterous.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:43 AM
  #607
Thirty One
k.
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Based on what?

Link?

Jared is in another organization. Should Marc force a trade the Coyotes so little bro won't be left alone?

These accusations are preposterous.
Jared is in the Canes organization.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:46 AM
  #608
The Gloaming
Free Jesper Fast
 
The Gloaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
A major factor in Jordan Staal leaving Pittsburgh was his role on the team as the 3rd center. Marc Staal doesn't have the same issues with the Rangers. Look at realignment. Carolina will be in the same conference as the Rangers,Pittsburgh,Philly and Jersey. Caps and Islanders too. Carolina with their budget team is making the playoffs in that conference? Top 4 teams make it. That's not the top 3 seed guaranteed with winning the Southleast division.
Finally some sense regarding the situation. Thank you.

The Gloaming is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:52 AM
  #609
BlueshirtBlitz
Foolish Samurai
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 21,170
vCash: 500
Trading MDZ would be awful. Blows my mind people still don't realize how good he is. People don't realize how good Gabby is sometimes so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:55 AM
  #610
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26
 
Lion Hound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,482
vCash: 500
Count me in on that list. I dont want to see him gone either, however...as always if the right return is there then it's another story.

Like Rangerboy pointed out. Puck moving defenseman command high returns. The Neal/Gogloiski trade. The Johnson/Stewart trade etc.

Lion Hound is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:59 AM
  #611
tjs252
Registered User
 
tjs252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Trading Del Zotto makes no sense.

If (and it's a big if) we move a defenseman in the name of saving $ on the top-4 and trying to bring back some cheaper talent, the candidate, I'd think, would be Girardi. Even then, I don't think we have to do it. 2014 is when we have some tough calls to make (Staal being the only D-Man with a definite contract, obviously pending what we do with McDonagh this offseason).

tjs252 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:03 AM
  #612
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,943
vCash: 500
Still would move MDZ+ for ROR+. Especially if they think McIlrath is close. Like I said, players like ROR don't become available very often. Very smart 2-way heart and soul guy.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:03 AM
  #613
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 36,467
vCash: 500
Ryan O'Reilly is an excellent player. He isn't a pure #1 center but he is a solid #2. Not a skill guy. A heart and soul guy similar to Mike Richards. He would make the Rangers a tougher team to play against.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:07 AM
  #614
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Ryan O'Reilly is an excellent player. He isn't a pure #1 center but he is a solid #2. Not a skill guy. A heart and soul guy similar to Mike Richards. He would make the Rangers a tougher team to play against.
Exactly this. The guy would fit in perfectly in NY. I still get the feeling it will be:

MDZ + Boyle for ROR + ______

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:14 AM
  #615
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,244
vCash: 500
Why do some of you want to trade our best puck moving defenseman since Brian Leetch? McDonagh can be our #1 guy in a couple of years, but I haven't seen the offense from him. For Ryan O'Reilly at that, whose 55 point season may have been an anamoly? No thanks.

The grass is always greener I suppose...

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:17 AM
  #616
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Why do some of you want to trade our best puck moving defenseman since Brian Leetch? McDonagh can be our #1 guy in a couple of years, but I haven't seen the offense from him. For Ryan O'Reilly at that, whose 55 point season may have been an anamoly? No thanks.

The grass is always greener I suppose...
Because MDZ is inconsistent and the Rangers 3rd best LD. He has shown he can not play RD as well as LD.

O'Reilly is going to be a #1 center. 60-70 points with great 2-way player. Patrice Bergeron-like.

Let the Rangers go out and sign a puck-mover or give Stralman more of a chance to take some of the responsibility.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:18 AM
  #617
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 24,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Because MDZ is inconsistent and the Rangers 3rd best LD. He has shown he can not play RD as well as LD.

O'Reilly is going to be a #1 center. 60-70 points with great 2-way player. Patrice Bergeron-like.
Let the Rangers go out and sign a puck-mover or give Stralman more of a chance to take some of the responsibility.
You state this as fact.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:19 AM
  #618
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
You state this as fact.
Because as a 21 year old he was already a #1 center who scored 55 points. I would say there is a super high probability of it happening. Like most people, they would say it will happen.

To put it in perspective, Callahan scored 54 points as a 26 year old. ROR is just as good defensively as Callahan except he plays center, a position with more defensive responsibility. He scored 55 points at 21.

If ROR was a Ranger people would be pimping him left and right.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:21 AM
  #619
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Because MDZ is inconsistent and the Rangers 3rd best LD. He has shown he can not play RD as well as LD.

O'Reilly is going to be a #1 center. 60-70 points with great 2-way player. Patrice Bergeron-like.

Let the Rangers go out and sign a puck-mover or give Stralman more of a chance to take some of the responsibility.
Agree to disagree on O'Reilly being a future #1.

The logic of trading Del Zotto because McIlrath will be able to replace him is flawed. Two completely different players. Del Zotto's value to this team as a puck mover is more than he would be worth in a trade. Duchene and Landeskog are the only forwards on the Avs that I could live with losing Del Zotto over.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:22 AM
  #620
tjs252
Registered User
 
tjs252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
O'Reilly's contract demands are out of whack with his demonstrated production ($5mil+) and way out of whack in terms of our (a) cap situation and (b) organizational philosophy (EG, Dubinsky, Del Zotto). Trading Del Zotto makes little sense, it makes even less sense if O'Reilly's the target.

tjs252 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:23 AM
  #621
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 9,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Because as a 21 year old he was already a #1 center who scored 55 points. I would say there is a super high probability of it happening. Like most people, they would say it will happen.
Do you think Stepan has #1 center potential? Legitimate question, not attacking your opinion or saying you're wrong in any way.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:23 AM
  #622
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs252 View Post
O'Reilly's contract demands are out of whack with his demonstrated production ($5mil+) and way out of whack in terms of our (a) cap situation and (b) organizational philosophy (EG, Dubinsky, Del Zotto). Trading Del Zotto makes little sense, it makes even less sense if O'Reilly's the target.
This has been said numerous times, but ROR is not asking for that type of contract.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:24 AM
  #623
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Do you think Stepan has #1 center potential? Legitimate question, not attacking your opinion or saying you're wrong in any way.
I think he has 1b potential, yes.

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:25 AM
  #624
Leetch3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
This has been said numerous times, but ROR is not asking for that type of contract.
source?

Leetch3 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:25 AM
  #625
NYR Viper
Registered User
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Agree to disagree on O'Reilly being a future #1.

The logic of trading Del Zotto because McIlrath will be able to replace him is flawed. Two completely different players. Del Zotto's value to this team as a puck mover is more than he would be worth in a trade. Duchene and Landeskog are the only forwards on the Avs that I could live with losing Del Zotto over.
I just don't see the super high upside to Del Zotto. Mentally he isn't always there and, while he is physical, his skating is exactly great. He tries long stretch passes which sometimes work, most of the time do not and due to this skating he doesn't really create great angles for himself to shoot the puck.

NYR Viper is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.